Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:Didn't really care about a release of a hasbro soundwave.

But now I'm excited! :).
I would say his price would be 80$ with all the cassettes?


He's somewhere between MP Starscream and MP10, so there's $74 USD right there. Cassettes, if sold individually, would probably go for Scout prices ($10 USD), and there's five of them. We're probably looking around $120 USD.



Yeah but optimus prime was 100$ and that was with a trailer and roller.

So soundwave will be 80-90$


Even without the trailer and Roller, Optimus would have been around $74 USD. Take into account the size of Soundwave's cassettes. They're around Scout-size (which goes for around $10 USD). Fifty dollars worth of Scouts going with something that already costs $74 USD. $124 USD. >:oP
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5665
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby DinobotSix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

yup, and with the detailing and articulation on the cassetes I'd say they're more costly to produce than scout grade TFs as well.
I'd still think 129.99 sounds about right...but I surely HOPE they'll pull it off for $90!! =D Even though I'm snagging the costly Tak import, I'd love to see Soundwave in the hands of every fan!!
User avatar
DinobotSix
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby SJ21 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I am surprised that Hasbro is going to include all of the minions with Soundwave. Hasbro including something above and beyond the Takara version seems unheard of.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SJ21 wrote:I am surprised that Hasbro is going to include all of the minions with Soundwave. Hasbro including something above and beyond the Takara version seems unheard of.


Normally they don't but MP Prime was a test to see if a much higher price point TF would sell and well, it did. I hate to say it but if Rodimus came after Prime we might've seen him with trailer.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3539
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby AutoBorst » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

So one out of my predictions have come true so far regarding MP Soundwave (including all five cassettes). Now I'm waiting to hear he will be a SDCC 2013 exclusive.
AutoBorst
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
AutoBorst wrote:So one out of my predictions have come true so far regarding MP Soundwave (including all five cassettes). Now I'm waiting to hear he will be a SDCC 2013 exclusive.


I doubt he would be an exclusive to SDCC.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5665
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
The title of the thread is "(...) confirmed for WIDE release."

By "wide", does that meant that EVERY stores will carry them or the TrU exclusive bullshit will start again?

I may sound like a broken record, but I really want some confirmation here.
WHO IS MOTHER?
Image
Click HERE to find out!

My other customs:
TRASH TALK and HOT AIR!
Also, see the Seeker Brothers, APETIMUS SUPREME, PYROFLASH, and RUSTBUCKET.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2917
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby lowman_x » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Sinnertwin wrote:
Bowspearer wrote:
lowman_x wrote:Not that I'll have any chance in hell of seeing either of these in Australia. Pretty much goes for most of the figures shown at the toy fair this year. I kinda feel that we get jacked here Down Under. I mean, all I seem to be able to find are a buttload of Bumblebees of all persuasions, Cyberverse (which I'm just not interested in), or the play sets. I haven't seen any decent Generations stuff on the shelves since I bought Wheeljack ages ago. I really wanted Wreck-Gar but never, ever laid eyes on it. I'm hanging for FoC Magnus and Starscream but doubt I'll ever see them. Grimlock? Fat chance. Any of the Masterpiece figures? Pffft! As if! I saw a Hasbro cartoon-accurate-colour-scheme Starscream years ago and nothing since. And it's not like I live out in the middle of nowhere either. I live in Melbourne and check the TRUs and Kmarts and Big Ws and Toyworlds. Nothin'.


Actually this stuff should see retail here (I managed to score Prime and Thundercracker at retail), but you need to keep on TRU about it. I actually wish I'd know you were caught out with the MPs- I could have hooked you up between the TRUs where my fiance is and where I am.

If you get stuck when these MPs hit, let me know and I'll see if I can track him down in the ACT and the Central Coast/Newcastle areas in NSW.


Keep on them, Lowman, it's the only way.
Kmart's been getting the new range of Generations, Bot-Shots etc. If either of you are after a certain figure and are having difficulty finding them, drop me a PM with your email. I'm usually the first to get a look at all the new TF coming into work.


Thanks guys! Never let it be said that the TF fandom isn't supportive of each other! If I don't see anything around me when these are all meant to hit the shelves I may just shoot you both a PM and see what's happening in your neck of the woods. :-)
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."

Website? You betcha!

http://lowmanx.com
lowman_x
Minibot
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby padfoo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
DinobotSix wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I'm actually interested in Acid Storm. If he's all camo-y like his Universe Deluxe was, I'd get him.


Yeah, I'm sure some folks will be happy for a variant seeker and I actually like his colors. So, by all means enjoy!! =)

It sure seems odd though, to release a character which is never named in G1 and leave the main seeker and one of the most popular characters of the franchise in an inferior mold from 6 years ago and out of production? The idea seems poorly conceived. I could see if they were releasing a Generations Deluxe of Acid Storm for the kiddos, but an MP for a collector market? Especially the North American collector market, which doesn't strike me as the same level of hardcore (and thus more likely to buy obscure characters) as the Asian collector market. Why not an Ultra Magnus from the mp10 mold instead? At least he's a popular G1 character. *shrug*

More than just an apparently odd decision to release Acid Storm, it's just the overall feeling that Hasbro apparently sees little to no value in the North American "collector" market, that strikes me as strange. I'm not angry at Hasbro. They're the ones who have to work hard at running a business and turning a profit. I respect that. I just think they're missing an opportunity to make a nice little profit by intelligently embracing their collector market.

As someone else mentioned, they've said NOTHING about Sideswipe or Red Alert and I guess no word on mp17, 18 and 19 yet either?

Ah well. At least Takara is MAKING these wonderful figures available...so I guess I should be glad for what we DO get! Even if I can't afford to buy many of them. ;)

As to pricing, I have to think that if Hasbro Soundwave is coming with 5 cassetes, he's gonna be over $120...I just can't see 6 MP grade transformers in one kit, costing less than $120. I wouldn't be surprised to see $129.99 at release.


In my area there were tons of Starscreams and Skywarps available when they were released. I was able to pick up two copies of each at the time at full price. I dont know what your situation was like at the time, but Starscream was released in the US fairly recently. I for one would not buy another because its the new mold. Hasbro is getting much better sell through from Toysrus and they are probably not loosing any money, because of the smaller distribution capacity of Toysrus. I hope you get my point......
I am looking forward to a different character, I think Hasbro will be smart enough to not make as much of the mold as they did TC and I believe it will be a success. I will certainly pick one up. As for the MP Autobot cars, well it sucks they are not getting a US release but we can always import!
:CON:
User avatar
padfoo
Fuzor
Posts: 216
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby jozaeh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Sinnertwin wrote:
Bowspearer wrote:
lowman_x wrote:Not that I'll have any chance in hell of seeing either of these in Australia. Pretty much goes for most of the figures shown at the toy fair this year. I kinda feel that we get jacked here Down Under. I mean, all I seem to be able to find are a buttload of Bumblebees of all persuasions, Cyberverse (which I'm just not interested in), or the play sets. I haven't seen any decent Generations stuff on the shelves since I bought Wheeljack ages ago. I really wanted Wreck-Gar but never, ever laid eyes on it. I'm hanging for FoC Magnus and Starscream but doubt I'll ever see them. Grimlock? Fat chance. Any of the Masterpiece figures? Pffft! As if! I saw a Hasbro cartoon-accurate-colour-scheme Starscream years ago and nothing since. And it's not like I live out in the middle of nowhere either. I live in Melbourne and check the TRUs and Kmarts and Big Ws and Toyworlds. Nothin'.


Actually this stuff should see retail here (I managed to score Prime and Thundercracker at retail), but you need to keep on TRU about it. I actually wish I'd know you were caught out with the MPs- I could have hooked you up between the TRUs where my fiance is and where I am.

If you get stuck when these MPs hit, let me know and I'll see if I can track him down in the ACT and the Central Coast/Newcastle areas in NSW.


Keep on them, Lowman, it's the only way.
Kmart's been getting the new range of Generations, Bot-Shots etc. If either of you are after a certain figure and are having difficulty finding them, drop me a PM with your email. I'm usually the first to get a look at all the new TF coming into work.



Hey everyone,
Lowman, I actually have a spare MP-10 if you're looking for one, I ended up with two from two different toys r us' as a bet hedge to make sure I got one. I kept it to sell to a fellow transformer collector for just retail price if they missed out. Cause boy they went quickly. I'll PM you about it.

Jozaeh
jozaeh
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm
Watch jozaeh on YouTube

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby DinobotSix » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 am

padfoo wrote:In my area there were tons of Starscreams and Skywarps available when they were released. I was able to pick up two copies of each at the time at full price. I dont know what your situation was like at the time, but Starscream was released in the US fairly recently. I for one would not buy another because its the new mold. Hasbro is getting much better sell through from Toysrus and they are probably not loosing any money, because of the smaller distribution capacity of Toysrus. I hope you get my point......
I am looking forward to a different character, I think Hasbro will be smart enough to not make as much of the mold as they did TC and I believe it will be a success. I will certainly pick one up. As for the MP Autobot cars, well it sucks they are not getting a US release but we can always import!
:CON:



yar...we had the mp3 mold from 2006, but I adore the new mp11 mold, myself. I'm assuming that since Hasbro took until 2008 to release the mp3 Starscream mold from 2006, they're just never going to release the mp11 upgrade. *shrug* At least maybe not for another couple years. lol.

Enjoy Acid Storm though! He's a nice lookin color scheme...just not what I want for my new collection! =)

As for the cars...I can't understand how licensing isn't an issue for Takara, but IS for Hasbro. *shrug*

But then, what do I know! ;)
User avatar
DinobotSix
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Dorkimus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 pm

My Takara version should be on its way. I paid 200€ for it and do I regret. Well, this TRU deal is most likely better. But the thing is, that this is most likely TRU US Only. I haven't seen any of those TRU MP exclusives here in northern europe and even in the UK they just resently got MP-10 Primes. We most likely never get those and that is just lame.

Kind of suck how somewhere shelves are full of MP-stuff, and here we really have to hunt those. There are several TRU stores, but for some reason no MP transformers. They got that Ultimate movie Prime which was relatively expencive, but no MP-10. Maybe here just isn't enough demand. Then again; how could there be if they don't even bother to market items like these.

But good luck for getting those. Most likely SW with all the casettes is going to be a relly good deal.
User avatar
Dorkimus
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Lango7 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Really excited about a US release, but hate to wait. Have come close to just buying the TT version a few times b/c the figure looks great and I love TT’s packaging. On the other hand It is hard to pass up getting 5 minions at a lower price.

One thing came to mind with Hasbro MP releases. Does anyone know why they don’t do a subscription service? This would have giving everyone a MP 10 and they would have over produced Thundercracker, not to mention no one would have to go out and search for SW or over pay on the secondary market.

Also, anyone think TT will do a re-release of SW with the initial 5 cassettes but add Ratbat just to get everyone to purchase another figure.
User avatar
Lango7
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Lango7 wrote:Really excited about a US release, but hate to wait. Have come close to just buying the TT version a few times b/c the figure looks great and I love TT’s packaging. On the other hand It is hard to pass up getting 5 minions at a lower price.

One thing came to mind with Hasbro MP releases. Does anyone know why they don’t do a subscription service? This would have giving everyone a MP 10 and they would have over produced Thundercracker, not to mention no one would have to go out and search for SW or over pay on the secondary market.

Also, anyone think TT will do a re-release of SW with the initial 5 cassettes but add Ratbat just to get everyone to purchase another figure.


I think when they do the Soundblaster repaint they might make a new tape or two
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3539
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Lango7 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:09 pm

So i sent TRU CS this: At Toy Fair 2013 Hasbro announced that Transformer “Masterpiece Soundwave” was going to be released as a Toys R Us exclusive. I am writing to see if a release date or item number is available. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
---------------------------
And this is the response: Thank you for contacting The “R” Us Family. We appreciate your inquiry regarding Transformer Masterpiece Soundwave.

The manufacturer for this item has set the release date for February 13,2013.

Unfortunately, we do not have the exact dates as to when this item will be available at your local store. You may wish to contact your local store from time to time, along with the surrounding stores, to check the availability. The locations and phone numbers of our stores are listed on our website at www.toysrus.com in the Store Locator section. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Don't think SW is out now but maybe sooner than we think.
User avatar
Lango7
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Lango7 wrote:So i sent TRU CS this: At Toy Fair 2013 Hasbro announced that Transformer “Masterpiece Soundwave” was going to be released as a Toys R Us exclusive. I am writing to see if a release date or item number is available. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
---------------------------
And this is the response: Thank you for contacting The “R” Us Family. We appreciate your inquiry regarding Transformer Masterpiece Soundwave.

The manufacturer for this item has set the release date for February 13,2013.

Unfortunately, we do not have the exact dates as to when this item will be available at your local store. You may wish to contact your local store from time to time, along with the surrounding stores, to check the availability. The locations and phone numbers of our stores are listed on our website at http://www.toysrus.com in the Store Locator section. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Don't think SW is out now but maybe sooner than we think.



Doesn't sound right considering Takara's version just came out, also the Hasbro version will include all 5 tapes, 4 of which has not even been released by Takara yet.

On another note I had a dream that for some strange reason masterpiece Acidstorm has the classics Acidstorm's deco...
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2757
News Credits: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
So, who all here thinks Acid Storm will be in his G1 neon green deco or his Universe camo deco?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17983
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby El Duque » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
It's the Universe deco with digital camo on the wings. They showed at image during the panel.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
El Duque wrote:It's the Universe deco with digital camo on the wings. They showed at image during the panel.


oh my... I thought these masterpieces would be G1 accurate
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2757
News Credits: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
mooncake623 wrote:
El Duque wrote:It's the Universe deco with digital camo on the wings. They showed at image during the panel.


oh my... I thought these masterpieces would be G1 accurate


If it was G1 accurate it would be invisible; because it didn't exist! LOL I make funny. Seriously I know Acid Storm was one of those off color Seeker drones from the cartoon. I like the digital camo a bit more.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3539
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby DinobotSix » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 am

Yeah, and remember Hasbro took a few liberties with Thundercracker's deco, too. I figured they'd go with the G1 classic coloring though. Guess they feel at liberty to do what they like, since he was never named in G1 anyway. Makes me wonder though, if this is a hint that their Soundwave release may end up lookin a bit less G1 accurate than Takara's though in coloring/markings. Others before have mentioned concerns as to his final coloring (a la mp10's brighter blue, etc). Did they just show the Takara mp13 image at the panel?
User avatar
DinobotSix
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Last month, Hasbro announced at Toyfair 2013 that they would be releasing Masterpiece Soundwave along with 5 of his Cassette minions. Just a few moments ago, Hasbro sent us official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy, and Ravage. Check out the pictures below, which have been added to our massive Toyfair 2013 galleries.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23452
News Credits: 767
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Official product images of Masterpiece Acid Storm

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Last month, Hasbro announced at Toyfair 2013 that they would be releasing Masterpiece Acid Storm. Just a few moments ago, Hasbro sent us official product images of Masterpiece Acid Storm, which have been added to our massive Toyfair 2013 galleries.

Image

Image

Image
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23452
News Credits: 767
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
AAAAAAWESOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!

Aside from the yellow visor and maybe darker chest window, Soundwave barely looks any different from the Takara version. Well done, Hasbro, well done! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

And, great gooey gumdrops, Acid Storm looks sa-weet! A nice halfway point compromise between his show deco and Universe toy deco. 8)
Last edited by Sabrblade on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17983
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Confirmed for Wide Release

Postby Henry921 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Acid Storm: Oh god, they're really making it. Well, at least the deco's stylish.

Soundwave: Beautiful. I will claim it and keep it locked away forever, alongside my TRU Prime. Forever will I have these great characters for posterity. Five cassettes is a hell of an included accessory, but I hope we get the Megatron pistol with this one too.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014