Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF's, Animated Jazz

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Geekee1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:11 pm

toxicity wrote:I mean sure, the size will take a bit of getting used to, but in the end, leaders don't always need to be taller than their troops do they?

and plus, I've always preferred deluxes. Personally, I just find more playability in the size. and the nice price point doesn't take away from it either :P


Good points.
Image
Geekee1
Godmaster
Posts: 1563
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Geekee1 wrote:
toxicity wrote:I mean sure, the size will take a bit of getting used to, but in the end, leaders don't always need to be taller than their troops do they?

and plus, I've always preferred deluxes. Personally, I just find more playability in the size. and the nice price point doesn't take away from it either :P


Good points.

Copy that. I also prefer that they take up less shelf/display/storage space.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:15 pm

only gripe (so far, aside from the size) with Galvatron is the clenched fist on one arm w/out holes and the open fist on the other. looks like aside from the cannon, this one's not gonna be able to hold other weapons.

ah well, as if the cannon wasn't powerful enough...

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:16 pm

GetterDragun wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:That Galvatron is weak.

Deluxe sized? The Hell?

My Energon Galvatron is going to beat up on that toy until it learns some respect and grows into a proper Ultra Class figure.



Deluxe...

wtf mate...

wtf...


I'm going to disagree. Once you see him in person, he is awesome. At first when we saw the presentation, we were all like WTF about his size. Then in person, he is just awesome. The size issue dissapeared after seeing him.


I'm sorry, but that's insane. The size isn't just to do with how he looks, but how he displays with other figures.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Craven Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Geekee1 wrote:And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.


That's actually a really good point, I never thought about that.

One point I'd like to make is that if they retool Galvatrons head to be a Samurai helmut & Skull face, pant him orangey yellow with maroon & green highlights and give him alittle katana to hold, you'd have one mutha of a sweet Pretender Bludgeon homage.

Just imagine =P~

Someone get on the bat phone to Jin Saotome about that.
User avatar
Craven Knight
Headmaster
Posts: 1075
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:04 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Gattai Da wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:That Galvatron is weak.

Deluxe sized? The Hell?

My Energon Galvatron is going to beat up on that toy until it learns some respect and grows into a proper Ultra Class figure.



Deluxe...

wtf mate...

wtf...


I'm going to disagree. Once you see him in person, he is awesome. At first when we saw the presentation, we were all like WTF about his size. Then in person, he is just awesome. The size issue dissapeared after seeing him.


I'm sorry, but that's insane. The size isn't just to do with how he looks, but how he displays with other figures.


And you can say this based on what? I saw him in person, have you?
Image

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8850
News Credits: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Hyper-Chicken » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:23 pm

I'll be picking up Galvie but he will only be displayed in bot mode. The tank mode is meh at best, not sure why he couldn't have been a cannon.
Hyper-Chicken
Fuzor
Posts: 242
News Credits: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:24 pm

I knew I heard right at BotCon when they said Classics Galvatron!
Dear Wordy, let him be awesome!
ImageImageImageImage
NuclearConvoy
Gestalt
Posts: 2370
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:46 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 pm

And you can say this based on what? I saw him in person, have you?


... that makes absolutely no flippin' difference. He's still a deluxe. He looks the same size as the others. It doesn't change the fact that he'll still be dwarfed by Powerglide and shorter than Prime. I'm honestly wondering how you didn't realise this when typing that.

I know G1 had poor scale too but that was the 80s. And quite frankly it was rare they did something THIS nuts.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Bumblethumper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Guys.

Classics 1.0 had a deluxe Megatron that turned into a tank. But that wasn't the only Megatron they did. Luckily.

Maybe this is the same deal. Have a little faith.

I mean if Hasbro ever actually did get their shit together and produce a definitive collection of G1 toys, I'd probably get out of the hobby after I'd bought 'em all. The way they string us along is by never quite giving us what we want. They're quite happy if we wind up buying multiple incarnations of central characters.

If they said we'd be getting an Ultra class Galvatron, ... maybe they weren't lying?
Image
Bumblethumper
Brainmaster
Posts: 1342
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Craven Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:31 pm

PrimeSuspect wrote: Let's pray the Allspark repaint sales suck so that Hasbro has a lesson to learn. Because honestly, if it weren't for the repaints holding EVERYTHING back, I wouldn't be THIS agitated.


You do know that Has/Tak uses sales of repaints to help offset the huge amount of money it takes to have a new mold designed, right?

TF designers don't come cheap and the design and development of a toy as complex as a TF is a long, costly process.

I'm not trying to make out like Has/Tak aren't raking in money hand over fist(I'm sure they are) but the fact is that the better repaints sell the bigger the cut of resources for the R&D teams.

tl;dr Buy more repaints = get more new molds.
User avatar
Craven Knight
Headmaster
Posts: 1075
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:04 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Gattai Da wrote:
And you can say this based on what? I saw him in person, have you?


... that makes absolutely no flippin' difference. He's still a deluxe. He looks the same size as the others. It doesn't change the fact that he'll still be dwarfed by Powerglide and shorter than Prime. I'm honestly wondering how you didn't realise this when typing that.

I know G1 had poor scale too but that was the 80s. And quite frankly it was rare they did something THIS nuts.


Scale? Maybe you should realize an A-10 tank killer has a 50 plus foot wingspan. He should be bigger.
Image

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8850
News Credits: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:34 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:I knew I heard right at BotCon when they said Classics Galvatron!
Dear Wordy, let him be awesome!


Here you go! Click for Super High Res.
Attachments
Universe Deluxe Galvatron.jpg
Image

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8850
News Credits: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby DISCHARGE » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
GetterDragun wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:I knew I heard right at BotCon when they said Classics Galvatron!
Dear Wordy, let him be awesome!


Here you go! Click for Super High Res.


Holy Crap!!! Nice
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2762
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:42 pm

While I agree that Deluxes can be awesome figures,
I do think it's ridiculous that Powerglide is an Ultra, and Galvatron is a Deluxe...
I would've liked Powerglide as a Deluxe, and Galvatron as a Voyager.
And I'm disappointed that he isn't a cannon, but understand and can live with the tank alt. mode.
In fact, I'm pretty excited about his overall appearance.

I personally feel that having the bots in scale is more important than the alt mode being in scale...
I guess Hasbro doesn't see it this way.

Damn, Galvatron really should've been Voyager class...
Sowndwave76
Brainmaster
Posts: 1280
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I don't care about the size as long as they made a good figure.
God, I hope he has knees...
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:45 pm

turtlebot!



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'll buy one no matter what size it is. It looks nice!
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16128
News Credits: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:59 pm

I like that Galvy's based off the comics version though. That's kind of cool.

And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.


Yes. I also came to this conclusion while I was watching Jeremy Clarkson test drive the 22.9 foot long Lambo just now.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby PrimeSuspect » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:00 pm

MUCH better pictures of EVERYTHING here.

Animated Soundwave has so many G1 homages it's impossible to count.
PrimeSuspect
Fuzor
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:52 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Gattai Da wrote:I like that Galvy's based off the comics version though. That's kind of cool.

And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.


Yes. I also came to this conclusion while I was watching Jeremy Clarkson test drive the 22.9 foot long Lambo just now.


:lol:

good one mate!


:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Bumblethumper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:02 pm

PrimeSuspect wrote:MUCH better pictures of EVERYTHING here.

Animated Soundwave has so many G1 homages it's impossible to count.



Yay!
Image
Bumblethumper
Brainmaster
Posts: 1342
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Magnimus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:03 pm

PrimeSuspect wrote:MUCH better pictures of EVERYTHING here.

Animated Soundwave has so many G1 homages it's impossible to count.


Great! Thanks.

Did I miss something, though? Who is the green motorcycle bot with the Ram's head in the Animated line? Never heard of this guy before.
Image
Magnimus
Fuzor
Posts: 234
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Gattai Da wrote:I like that Galvy's based off the comics version though. That's kind of cool.

And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.


Yes. I also came to this conclusion while I was watching Jeremy Clarkson test drive the 22.9 foot long Lambo just now.


What's your point? The scale doesn't bother me. And if you watch G1 sometimes Powerglide was huge, so what does it matter. Hasbro has only a few scale size, Deluxe being the most popular, so they try to fit what they can in there.
Image

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8850
News Credits: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Gattai Da wrote:I like that Galvy's based off the comics version though. That's kind of cool.

And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.


Yes. I also came to this conclusion while I was watching Jeremy Clarkson test drive the 22.9 foot long Lambo just now.


and a C-130's supposed to be the same size as the Lambo you saw, right? :lol:



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014