Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby daimchoc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 am

Arctorro wrote:Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



You do know there are 5 of them, right? :D
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 113
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Arctorro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
daimchoc wrote:
Arctorro wrote:Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



You do know there are 5 of them, right? :D

You did read my entire post right? Mainly;
Arctorro wrote:make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them

If my math is correct, and it always is :P , FoC Grimlock + 4 = 5

Can you guess which of Toyworld's dinos I'll pass on if they fit with FoC Grimlock? ;)
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby daimchoc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 am

Arctorro wrote:

You did read my entire post right? Mainly;
Arctorro wrote:make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them

If my math is correct, and it always is :P , FoC Grimlock + 4 = 5

Can you guess which of Toyworld's dinos I'll pass on if they fit with FoC Grimlock? ;)



Why would they make an announcement of "five" figures if they make them fit with FOC Grimlock? :grin:

Good job on your math. Though, not with what they plan to do. :lol:
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 113
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Rated X » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Arctorro wrote:
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.

Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5630
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby RodimalToyota » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Rated X wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.

Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.


For once I agree with X, while the VG's are cool, they aren't nearly as needed as neo-G1 or even G1 modernized. I'll gladly take all 5 in the same style and quality of Hegemon. While WFC and FOC are nice, i don't need anymore different versions of the same character, just give me one fantastic version, and call it a day, and get another character done.

3P seems to be figuring it out.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Arctorro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
daimchoc wrote:Why would they make an announcement of "five" figures if they make them fit with FOC Grimlock? :grin:

Good job on your math. Though, not with what they plan to do. :lol:

"Fitting" with an existing toy isn't the same as copying FoC. If you take many of the 3P toys we buy and put them together without the official Classics/G/U toys then they would look like they don't belong together, each company has its own style. Put them with the official toys and they all look great together. If they "fit" then it won't matter if I get FoC Grimlock.

Rated X wrote:Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.

I don't care what you see as "continuity" and I don't collect FOC/WFC either, I just get those I like or think will suit my Classics set (which is being influenced by the Aligned continuity btw). As it stands FoC Grimlock looks nice on the Classics shelf and if these dinos are done right it won't matter which of the two Grimlocks we have.

I agree that 3P companies are booming because Has/Tak are dropping the ball ;)

RodimalToyota wrote:For once I agree with X, while the VG's are cool, they aren't nearly as needed as neo-G1 or even G1 modernized. I'll gladly take all 5 in the same style and quality of Hegemon. While WFC and FOC are nice, i don't need anymore different versions of the same character, just give me one fantastic version, and call it a day, and get another character done.

3P seems to be figuring it out.

Did no one read my post properly? :-( I have FoC Grimlock on pre-order atm and want to know if I should be cancelling that and waiting for these. Which is why for once I want them to release a proper image quickly instead of dragging it out. I don't want to end up buying three of the same character, and I'm reluctant to cancel the pre-order because atm it is the only way for me to get Blaster who I really want.

PS: sorry for forcing you to agree with X 8-}
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby warzon3 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:32 pm

necr0blivion wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:But, PLEASE, don't fall into the iGear trap. So far you guys have teased out a lot of ideas. How about actually making some before teasing any more?


Yep, that's what I was thinking as well. We've already lived through iGear's attempt at several vaporware products (including Dinobots?), no need to do it again. ToyWorld already started the Throttlebots, has the Optimus figure, and (yeah I totally forgot about) Hardhead offering. Let's see more of that come to fruition (at least OP and the T'bots) before we get more promises.


I agree about teasing too much with out releasing it.

I'm a little on the fence about the Optimus they teased though. I like it is the same size as Hegemon, but I don't really like that futuristic IDW look. It would rather it be more g1 with only a few subtle extra detailing influenced by IDW....
warzon3
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 552
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby necr0blivion » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Arctorro wrote:I have FoC Grimlock on pre-order atm and want to know if I should be cancelling that and waiting for these. Which is why for once I want them to release a proper image quickly instead of dragging it out. I don't want to end up buying three of the same character, and I'm reluctant to cancel the pre-order because atm it is the only way for me to get Blaster who I really want.


Other than having the light gimmick that makes him look embarrassed, FoC Grimmy looks awesome and I think you should keep your preorder for FoC Grimmy. Tease or no tease, FoC Grimlock comes out in just a few short months and you already know what the price is. You have NO way of knowing when/if a ToyWorld version comes out, what it will look like, nor what it will cost. Too many variables to prevent you from picking up something you may really want.

Stick with your preorder, mister!
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Arctorro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
necr0blivion wrote:
Arctorro wrote:I have FoC Grimlock on pre-order atm and want to know if I should be cancelling that and waiting for these. Which is why for once I want them to release a proper image quickly instead of dragging it out. I don't want to end up buying three of the same character, and I'm reluctant to cancel the pre-order because atm it is the only way for me to get Blaster who I really want.


Other than having the light gimmick that makes him look embarrassed, FoC Grimmy looks awesome and I think you should keep your preorder for FoC Grimmy. Tease or no tease, FoC Grimlock comes out in just a few short months and you already know what the price is. You have NO way of knowing when/if a ToyWorld version comes out, what it will look like, nor what it will cost. Too many variables to prevent you from picking up something you may really want.

Stick with your preorder, mister!

You make a very good point and I have no intentions of cancelling my pre-order, yet ;)
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby NTESHFT » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I can't wait to see some pics....
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Let's see some pics.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8568
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
This isn't a tease. it's not even a half-tease. Quarter-tease, maybe?
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3242
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I have alot of faith in these guys that they will get it done...G1 style. And Im also excited to see what kind of names they come up with. :grin:
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5630
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.
I have alot of faith in these guys that they will get it done...G1 style.

Predictable as ever.

I could care less no matter what, all I can say is whoever's first to get out a Dinobot that ISN'T Grimlock has my money.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
User avatar
Shadowstream
Headmaster
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby mooncake623 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:25 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
I have a feeling they're going to combine.... with the help of an all new 6th member... and Sludge's name is going to be Diplo(which I'll buy in a heartbeat!!)
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2173
News Credits: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 am

There is actually a sixth Dinobot ... Paddles.

I'd actually have any Dinobots be more G1 true as opposed to guys like the Stunticons. I guess I'm more attached to them.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3911
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby mooncake623 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Gauntlet101010 wrote:There is actually a sixth Dinobot ... Paddles.

I'd actually have any Dinobots be more G1 true as opposed to guys like the Stunticons. I guess I'm more attached to them.



lol what? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Paddles_%28story%29
well ok then
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2173
News Credits: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
mooncake623 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:There is actually a sixth Dinobot ... Paddles.

I'd actually have any Dinobots be more G1 true as opposed to guys like the Stunticons. I guess I'm more attached to them.



lol what? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Paddles_%28story%29
well ok then



How come TF Wiki is always down ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5630
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby mooncake623 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Rated X wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:There is actually a sixth Dinobot ... Paddles.

I'd actually have any Dinobots be more G1 true as opposed to guys like the Stunticons. I guess I'm more attached to them.



lol what? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Paddles_%28story%29
well ok then



How come TF Wiki is always down ?



I would assume it's the same reason TFCC's site went down during the sales of the overun figure. too much traffic?
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2173
News Credits: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby mbd88prime » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 am

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
RodimalToyota wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.

Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.



For once I agree with X, while the VG's are cool, they aren't nearly as needed as neo-G1 or even G1 modernized. I'll gladly take all 5 in the same style and quality of Hegemon. While WFC and FOC are nice, i don't need anymore different versions of the same character, just give me one fantastic version, and call it a day, and get another character done.

3P seems to be figuring it out.


well even if these were foc versions, which i doubt, one could look at them as neo-g1/modernized because, well, they are exactly that! That being said i would rather have g1 than foc myself, just saying even if they did use foc it wouldn't be so bad. But they could do better with grimlock than hasbro.

p.s. they need to combine and without a 6th member!!!!!
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
mbd88prime
Fuzor
Posts: 205
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: where I am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby xyl360 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am

mbd88prime wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.

Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.



For once I agree with X, while the VG's are cool, they aren't nearly as needed as neo-G1 or even G1 modernized. I'll gladly take all 5 in the same style and quality of Hegemon. While WFC and FOC are nice, i don't need anymore different versions of the same character, just give me one fantastic version, and call it a day, and get another character done.

3P seems to be figuring it out.


well even if these were foc versions, which i doubt, one could look at them as neo-g1/modernized because, well, they are exactly that! That being said i would rather have g1 than foc myself, just saying even if they did use foc it wouldn't be so bad. But they could do better with grimlock than hasbro.

p.s. they need to combine and without a 6th member!!!!!

No sixth member? Come on, we gotta have Paddles ;).
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby mbd88prime » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
HAHAHAHA, effing paddles!

man, i feel so sorry for ol paddles, i actually kinda want paddles now, but if the dinobots were to combine, which i would really love, he cant be necessary to the combiner. he should transform into the shoes or feet of the combiner so the rest of the dinobots can continue to walk all over him :grin: ;)

what would be neat is a paddles vs raze battle pack or something like that.
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
mbd88prime
Fuzor
Posts: 205
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: where I am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby craggy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

mbd88prime wrote:HAHAHAHA, effing paddles!

man, i feel so sorry for ol paddles, i actually kinda want paddles now, but if the dinobots were to combine, which i would really love, he cant be necessary to the combiner. he should transform into the shoes or feet of the combiner so the rest of the dinobots can continue to walk all over him :grin: ;)

what would be neat is a paddles vs raze battle pack or something like that.

he should transform into their dino-pope hat.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4646
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby Blurrz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Rated X wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
Rated X wrote:1. Please be G1 styled.

Screw that, make em fit with FoC Grimlock, I'll buy 4 of them if that's the case. Have FoC Grim on pre-order with Blaster atm and if they arrive before any images of these guys are posted I'm not wasting more money buying a third Grimlock for my Classics set and the others will be an easy pass if they don't fit with him.

If we get an image of at least one of these guys first and I like what I see I'll happily cancel my current pre-order and wait for an opportunity to pick up Blaster by himself.



Theres a s**tload of TF fans who DONT play video games. I dont aknowledge FOC/WFC as a continuity, it's just digital art. FOC has taken the Generations line hostage, which is partially the reason we are seeing such a boom in 3rd party offerings. If you look a the list of current and proposed Toyworld offerings, they all have been G1. Slightly neo, but still G1 all the way.


There's a shit load of TF fans that do play video games, and if you didn't have blinders on you'd realize that the FoC Dinobots, or just Dinobots in general cater to G1, Classics, and IDW-verse Dinobots.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11526
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Toyworld - Possible Dinobots

Postby craggy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

none of the classic G1 toon or comic designs, nor the updated IDW, Dreamwave and FOC designs have huge differences from each other. Same colourschemes and alt modes for starters, (well, they could in theory do pre-earth alt modes, which wouldn't suck but also wouldn't sell these to many people) and the general look of the robots is pretty similar from continuity to continuity.

just like characters such as optimus prime, starscream and ratchet are always easily identifiable on sight alone, so too are grimlock and the rest of his lightning strike dudes. I'm honestly not sure what a 3rd party could do that wouldn't be a rip off of the Masterpiece if they go for complete G1 accuracy, so expect these will probably be along the lines of most 3rd party figures and bear all the familiar features of the characters we know, but with their own unique takes, perhaps inspired by the slight variations on the characters looks over the years.

of course, if there's repaint potential they may choose to make them more ambiguous, like FP did with their Insecticons but those were done in such a way as to be pretty close to both designs without too much change needed. mostly the new paint job did the trick. might be harder for the dinos as there are so few others who share their alt modes and transformation schemes. more likely is a g2 repaint or maybe an SG one of some kind. maybe they'll be happy with the money for the normal coloured ones.

I'm personally hoping for something very close in design to G1s, with some extra detailling, and some additional weaponry maybe, so they'd look good taking on one of the 3rd party Devys or upcoming Predacons.

edit: I would love a version of Swoop in his G1 Marvel pre-earth mode though...or should I say Divebomb?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4646
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Next

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014