Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
what was Searchlight's g1 car type? Rolls Royce?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I consider "neo" to be more of a fan made term than anything else. I never heard the term used other then on TF boards and also to describe Nazi skinheads. But honestly for me, the real "neo" is improved articulation, ball joints and G1 cartoon accuracy. All the stuff about changing the alt modes started with Hasbro, and whether I like it or not I know it is good for business. Obviously a fake microscope, boombox, or camera isnt going to wow todays kids I understand. The same is true with 80's cars and trucks. Hasbro's target audience is kids, and kids like what they see on TV, not some 25 year old relics. But when you start getting into the mind of a 30 something year old collector who is buying the classics line to re-live his childood passion, it's a toss up whether or not they will appreciate "neo" vehicles. I guess I just dont. All I see is a vechicle that will be considered outdated in 10 years and ready for the next "neo" upgrade. With that being said, Id rather just get back to the basics. If I wanted something new (what neo translates to) I would just collect Bayformers. (Or TF Prime which is basically watered down animated Bayformers) But isnt the whole idea of calling something "classics" a concept of homaging G1 in it's entirety, or just their robot modes ? The words "classic" and "neo" mean the exact opposite of each other ? It's almost hypocritical to use them in the same title and call it "neo classics". Youre basically saying the "new old" line. Sounds pretty stupid when translated to lamens terms, huh ?

Oh yeah, back to Searchlight. I dont know what kind of car he was in G1. I do know he was a sports car with what appear to be fog lights.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby NOS » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 am

Classics is more a nod to the characters from the G1 where as Neo introduces a revamped aspect. Like New Optimus Prime, New Starscream and so on. Whats more, the gimmick behind Transformers was always 'Robots in Disguise'. A robot isn't necessarily blending in with the year 2008 and up when Bumblebee still transformers into a 1984 Volkswagen Beetle. I respect your enthusiasm and loyalty to G1, but sometimes we have to adapt and just... 'roll with it'? *rimshot* :-P

In any case, I'm still pleased with the figure even if I'm not partial to the alt mode. Eagerly looking forward to the rest of the Throttlebots, but even more so their plans for the Dinobots. At least with them we can rest assured we won't be getting Slag in a Prius Hybrid or Sludge as a Hummer Limousine. ;)
Image
User avatar
NOS
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 am

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 am

Neo is another word for "new". Neo Nazis are "new Nazis". But there are other places you can find the word. In Megaman, Megaman Legends was once called Megaman Neo - New Megaman. I remember Sailor Moon has Neo Tokyo - the future version of Tokyo.

The place I get stuck on for the term "classics" is that we have an entire line called "classics".

X, I think you should just speak for yourself. I don't think many other 30 year old collectors feel the same way about the revamped alt. modes. I definitely don't mind revamped alt. modes myself. I think it's a nice treat if they retain their old 80's alt. modes, but it isn't something I prioritize for TFs that were always supposed to represent current, modern, vehicles. There's other reasons not to like this alt. mode.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Neo is another word for "new". Neo Nazis are "new Nazis". But there are other places you can find the word. In Megaman, Megaman Legends was once called Megaman Neo - New Megaman. I remember Sailor Moon has Neo Tokyo - the future version of Tokyo.

The place I get stuck on for the term "classics" is that we have an entire line called "classics".

X, I think you should just speak for yourself. I don't think many other 30 year old collectors feel the same way about the revamped alt. modes. I definitely don't mind revamped alt. modes myself. I think it's a nice treat if they retain their old 80's alt. modes, but it isn't something I prioritize for TFs that were always supposed to represent current, modern, vehicles. There's other reasons not to like this alt. mode.



It’s one thing to swap out a Countach for a Murclelago. It’s another thing to swap out a Porsche for a Mini SUV. That’s not neo, that’s rape. Not trying to say I speak for the entire 30 something crowd. But Id like to think there’s a bunch out there just like me due to the success of the following:


• IT Arcee and Delicate Warrior
• Igear Mini-bots
• Art Feather Bumblebee
• Survival Specialist Wheelie
• X-Transbots Powerglide
• Igear Ironhide and Ratchet
• TW Hegemon

All these figures have been pretty successful. So there is a market for updated non-neo G1 figures. And let’s not forget the Masterpiece line. Just because they’re upsized doesn’t mean they escaped neo-izing without a reason. The reason is because fans want them old school. They’re out there, trust me on that. If fans were really that fond of neo, the MP line would have flopped from the very beginning.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:17 am

Firstly, Hegemon's alt. mode is NOT a Walther P-38 and the iGear minibots DO have different (albeit similar) alt. modes than their G1 counterparts. They're as different from G1 as Classics BB. Artfire's BB does have a vintage VW bug as it's alt. mode, but it does NOT have a very true robot mode unless you remove a lot of parts and do some modding to the back. So these examples right here are flawed.

That said, there's other reasons not to like the alt mode OTHER than it not being "G1 enough". Yeah, we all love us some G1, but I think it's more of an issue for you personally with the alt. mode than the entire 30-something crowd.
Last edited by Gauntlet101010 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
NOS wrote:Classics is more a nod to the characters from the G1 where as Neo introduces a revamped aspect. Like New Optimus Prime, New Starscream and so on. Whats more, the gimmick behind Transformers was always 'Robots in Disguise'. A robot isn't necessarily blending in with the year 2008 and up when Bumblebee still transformers into a 1984 Volkswagen Beetle. I respect your enthusiasm and loyalty to G1, but sometimes we have to adapt and just... 'roll with it'? *rimshot* :-P

In any case, I'm still pleased with the figure even if I'm not partial to the alt mode. Eagerly looking forward to the rest of the Throttlebots, but even more so their plans for the Dinobots. At least with them we can rest assured we won't be getting Slag in a Prius Hybrid or Sludge as a Hummer Limousine. ;)



You make a very good point about “robots in disguise” which is 1000 times better than everyone’s else’s argument that I should just accept neo and get with the times. Only thing about that is, robots in disguise is a theme better suited kids for playing with the toys and acting out the storyline. The concept of robots in disguise is not as important to an adult collector displaying the figures from a nostalgic point of view and wants a pure homage. When you look at my shelf I want you to be able to travel back to the 1980’s cartoon, not bring the 1980’s storyline into today’s times.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I think fans are generally ambivalent about whether alt modes are authentic or not. I honestly think that most people don't care, provided that the alt mode makes sense for the character and bears some relationship with the original. Then there are those that don't at all. Perfect Effect's versions of Rumble/Frenzy and Eject/Rewind are great little figures but do not change into cassettes, and yet there is no better homage to the characters out there, IMO. RTS Perceptor no longer becomes a microscope but does anyone really care? Who would choose to display an alt mode like that over the robot mode anyway?

The throttlebots are hardly fondly remembered anyway so who cares if an ungainly Choro-Q blob of an alt mode with zero poseability in rovot mode is re-interpreted differently? Half the people wouldn't remember the Throttlebots were it not for the IDW representation of them. Goldbug was vaguely memorable but the rest were seen in the cartoon for all of about 2 seconds, and in the about 2 panels of a comic. X, very few people on here are as reactionary as you, and you speak for a miniscule minority of the fandom in the same way that suicide bombers represent a tiny proportion of Muslims.

Plus you win the award for the most hyperbolic use of the word 'rape' on the entire internet today. Have a Kremzeek :KREMZEEK:
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:25 am

I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Neo is another word for "new". Neo Nazis are "new Nazis". But there are other places you can find the word. In Megaman, Megaman Legends was once called Megaman Neo - New Megaman. I remember Sailor Moon has Neo Tokyo - the future version of Tokyo.

The place I get stuck on for the term "classics" is that we have an entire line called "classics".

X, I think you should just speak for yourself. I don't think many other 30 year old collectors feel the same way about the revamped alt. modes. I definitely don't mind revamped alt. modes myself. I think it's a nice treat if they retain their old 80's alt. modes, but it isn't something I prioritize for TFs that were always supposed to represent current, modern, vehicles. There's other reasons not to like this alt. mode.



It’s one thing to swap out a Countach for a Murclelago. It’s another thing to swap out a Porsche for a Mini SUV. That’s not neo, that’s rape. Not trying to say I speak for the entire 30 something crowd. But Id like to think there’s a bunch out there just like me due to the success of the following:


• IT Arcee and Delicate Warrior
• Igear Mini-bots
• Art Feather Bumblebee
• Survival Specialist Wheelie
• X-Transbots Powerglide
• Igear Ironhide and Ratchet
• TW Hegemon

All these figures have been pretty successful. So there is a market for updated non-neo G1 figures. And let’s not forget the Masterpiece line. Just because they’re upsized doesn’t mean they escaped neo-izing without a reason. The reason is because fans want them old school. They’re out there, trust me on that. If fans were really that fond of neo, the MP line would have flopped from the very beginning.

That's rape... :roll: Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to toylines from nearly 30 years ago. And no, you do NOT speak for me, either.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3362
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby daimchoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 am

Aw man... if you (people) like them enough, then buy them. If you don't, then at least you saved your money for something else. :D
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.



I speak for those who dont want a Megatron with wings.

I speak for those who want Mixmaster to have a purple barrel.

I speak for those who think Alternators should influence the classics line.

I speak for those who want arcee to be a car and NOT a motorcycle.

I speak for those who dont care about FOC and repurpose the figures to be G1.

I speak for those who think Assualter's Macross mode was stupid.

I speak for those who think a "Goldbug" should actually be a bug.

I speak for those who refuse to use a USB drive as a figure.

I speak for those who dont like the idea of Throttlebot or Dinobot combiners.

I speak for those who think TF Prime is over rated.

I speak for those who dont care about what makes Hasbro the most money.

If you dont fall under one of those catagories then no worries. Feel free to speak your own mind if my views dont fit yours. But I will continue to be the voice for the voiceless that are drowning in a sea of neo fans.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That's rape... :roll: Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to toylines from nearly 30 years ago. And no, you do NOT speak for me, either.


So youre saying I could take away youre nice sports car and force you to drive a mini cooper and you would still be happy ? :lol:

I wouldnt be caught dead driving that girly mini SUV Toyworld used for his alt mode. Searchlight WAS raped, with no Vasaline. At least Rollbar got to keep his G1 dignity and his Grind Rod. ;)
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.



I speak for those who <insert a list>

If you dont fall under one of those catagories then no worries. Feel free to speak your own mind if my views dont fit yours. But I will continue to be the voice for the voiceless that are drowning in a sea of neo fans.


What, you're the only one here with an account? People can post for themselves. They don't need you to speak up for them. You're not advocating for anybody here; you're just adamant about YOUR OWN point of view.

Don't make a broad "30 year old fans don't want ___" comment. Lots of adult fans aren't as vehement as you or define things as you do.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Rated X wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That's rape... :roll: Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to toylines from nearly 30 years ago. And no, you do NOT speak for me, either.


So youre saying I could take away youre nice sports car and force you to drive a mini cooper and you would still be happy ? :lol:

I wouldnt be caught dead driving that girly mini SUV Toyworld used for his alt mode. Searchlight WAS raped, with no Vasaline. At least Rollbar got to keep his G1 dignity and his Grind Rod. ;)


Since I drive a Corolla and have no need/intention of buying a sports car... sure?

it's a straw comparison, at best. It's Searchlight. 'Neo' is not a swear word or insult.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3362
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.



I speak for those who <insert a list>

If you dont fall under one of those catagories then no worries. Feel free to speak your own mind if my views dont fit yours. But I will continue to be the voice for the voiceless that are drowning in a sea of neo fans.


What, you're the only one here with an account? People can post for themselves. They don't need you to speak up for them. You're not advocating for anybody here; you're just adamant about YOUR OWN point of view.

Don't make a broad "30 year old fans don't want ___" comment. Lots of adult fans aren't as vehement as you or define things as you do.



I could be in the minorities, but then again so could you. Nobody knows because not everybody who reads here posts. But everyone seems to ignore the list of non-neo G1 3rd party figures I listed earlier. Nobody wants to explain how they came into existance when the whole TF community is so pro-neo and Rated X is the ONLY collector alive who doesnt support the neo concept. Im the only person who owns Hegemon I guess ? Everyone else's Megatron has wings and transforms into a nerf gun. Captured Prey and Chimungmung cant even give Hegemon away. Only Rated X bought one...that weirdo !!! No wings...He's going to hell I tell you ! :michaelbay:
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That's rape... :roll: Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to toylines from nearly 30 years ago. And no, you do NOT speak for me, either.


So youre saying I could take away youre nice sports car and force you to drive a mini cooper and you would still be happy ? :lol:

I wouldnt be caught dead driving that girly mini SUV Toyworld used for his alt mode. Searchlight WAS raped, with no Vasaline. At least Rollbar got to keep his G1 dignity and his Grind Rod. ;)


Since I drive a Corolla and have no need/intention of buying a sports car... sure?

it's a straw comparison, at best. It's Searchlight. 'Neo' is not a swear word or insult.



I think you missed my point. Toyworld's choice for Searchlight was not very manly. They made him into a chick ride. That's the insult. They could have used a more manly sports car like in G1 and still made it neo and cool. If Fansproject used the mini SUV for a stunticon, there would have neen 20 pages of nerd rage. But toyworld does it to poor Searchlight and nobody gives a s**t. :-(
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby craggy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

X are you in cahoots with Toyworld? Because I kinda want this guy now.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4692
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rated X wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That's rape... :roll: Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to toylines from nearly 30 years ago. And no, you do NOT speak for me, either.


So youre saying I could take away youre nice sports car and force you to drive a mini cooper and you would still be happy ? :lol:

I wouldnt be caught dead driving that girly mini SUV Toyworld used for his alt mode. Searchlight WAS raped, with no Vasaline. At least Rollbar got to keep his G1 dignity and his Grind Rod. ;)


Since I drive a Corolla and have no need/intention of buying a sports car... sure?

it's a straw comparison, at best. It's Searchlight. 'Neo' is not a swear word or insult.



I think you missed my point. Toyworld's choice for Searchlight was not very manly. They made him into a chick ride. That's the insult. They could have used a more manly sports car like in G1 and still made it neo and cool. If Fansproject used the mini SUV for a stunticon, there would have neen 20 pages of nerd rage. But toyworld does it to poor Searchlight and nobody gives a s**t. :-(


I find this offensive, to be honest.
Claiming that something is an insult because it is 'feminine' is sexist, disrespectful and in bad taste. As are rape jokes, or using 'rape' as any kind of analogy.

By all means, critique the figures, lines, brand and so on, but could you please avoid using this type of language?
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6725
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.



I speak for those who <insert a list>

If you dont fall under one of those catagories then no worries. Feel free to speak your own mind if my views dont fit yours. But I will continue to be the voice for the voiceless that are drowning in a sea of neo fans.


What, you're the only one here with an account? People can post for themselves. They don't need you to speak up for them. You're not advocating for anybody here; you're just adamant about YOUR OWN point of view.

Don't make a broad "30 year old fans don't want ___" comment. Lots of adult fans aren't as vehement as you or define things as you do.



I could be in the minorities, but then again so could you. Nobody knows because not everybody who reads here posts. But everyone seems to ignore the list of non-neo G1 3rd party figures I listed earlier. Nobody wants to explain how they came into existance when the whole TF community is so pro-neo and Rated X is the ONLY collector alive who doesnt support the neo concept. Im the only person who owns Hegemon I guess ? Everyone else's Megatron has wings and transforms into a nerf gun. Captured Prey and Chimungmung cant even give Hegemon away. Only Rated X bought one...that weirdo !!! No wings...He's going to hell I tell you ! :michaelbay:

"Everyone's" ignoring your list because they don't want to get into a strawman argument with you.

You don't represent all 30 year old TF fans. That's the only point I'm making here.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I just don't like you speaking for me, X. I am a 30+ year old collector and do not share your views.



I speak for those who <insert a list>

If you dont fall under one of those catagories then no worries. Feel free to speak your own mind if my views dont fit yours. But I will continue to be the voice for the voiceless that are drowning in a sea of neo fans.


What, you're the only one here with an account? People can post for themselves. They don't need you to speak up for them. You're not advocating for anybody here; you're just adamant about YOUR OWN point of view.

Don't make a broad "30 year old fans don't want ___" comment. Lots of adult fans aren't as vehement as you or define things as you do.



I could be in the minorities, but then again so could you. Nobody knows because not everybody who reads here posts. But everyone seems to ignore the list of non-neo G1 3rd party figures I listed earlier. Nobody wants to explain how they came into existance when the whole TF community is so pro-neo and Rated X is the ONLY collector alive who doesnt support the neo concept. Im the only person who owns Hegemon I guess ? Everyone else's Megatron has wings and transforms into a nerf gun. Captured Prey and Chimungmung cant even give Hegemon away. Only Rated X bought one...that weirdo !!! No wings...He's going to hell I tell you ! :michaelbay:

"Everyone's" ignoring your list because they don't want to get into a strawman argument with you.

You don't represent all 30 year old TF fans. That's the only point I'm making here.



I never said I represented ALL of them. Im not really familiar with the term "strawman". Maybe it's a regional term ? But my list does prove there is a market out there for non-neo G1 3rd party products. Oh s**t I forgot the Fansproject Function X series ! Super G1 and hardly the definition of what has become to be known as "neo". I dont see too many complaints about that from the neo supporters. Instead, I see more and more Botcon Weirdwolfs going up on e-bay. :-?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
craggy wrote:X are you in cahoots with Toyworld? Because I kinda want this guy now.



Nope LOL :lol:

But I do like almost everything they have put out. Im just not feeling Aurora's alt mode because it does not fall in line with what they started with Grind Rod.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Va'al wrote:
I find this offensive, to be honest.
Claiming that something is an insult because it is 'feminine' is sexist, disrespectful and in bad taste. As are rape jokes, or using 'rape' as any kind of analogy.

By all means, critique the figures, lines, brand and so on, but could you please avoid using this type of language?


I dont think anything I wrote on the last few pages is anymore offensive than stuff you see on TV or hear in todays music. Wanna talk about sexist ? How about all those Marines that are protesting against Obama's decision to allow women to fight in combat. Now thats sexist.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Rated X wrote:I never said I represented ALL of them. Im not really familiar with the term "strawman". Maybe it's a regional term ? But my list does prove there is a market out there for non-neo G1 3rd party products. Oh s**t I forgot the Fansproject Function X series ! Super G1 and hardly the definition of what has become to be known as "neo". I dont see too many complaints about that from the neo supporters. Instead, I see more and more Botcon Weirdwolfs going up on e-bay. :-?

Strawman is a type of argument. Basically, it means that, instead of arguing the point you argue something else that's only marginally related and then say you were right about the point.

Your list is flawed if Hegemon makes it. That's all I gotta say on that subject.

*looks up your post* Well ... perhapse I misread your post. If so that's my mistake.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3987
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ToyWorld TW-T02 Aurora

Postby Mkall » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
All right folks, can we get back to talking about Aurora/Searchlight please? X has his views and while we may not agree with them, let's not further derail the thread discussing it.

Thanks!
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14032
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014