Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby njb902 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Didn't Bay say he was only directing 4?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Nerdimus Maximus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Motto: ""-- I now control that which you most fear!...""
It said that Transformers 4, 5 and 6 would be filming back to back;
But it never said that Michael Bay would direct each one... Maybe they are doing a new trilogy with a different director and crew for each one, respectively!?!!
(We can only hope... That way, Bay will not ruin the next 3 films and he can just ruin one more... LOL... But the joke'son us, the fans and the theater patrons.
They know that after the last three, that there is an audience for this title and to save costs by tripling the filming duties would be logical for a major blockbuster franchise like this one... Maybe?! :michaelbay:
Nerdimus Maximus
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nerdimus Maximus wrote:It said that Transformers 4, 5 and 6 would be filming back to back;
But it never said that Michael Bay would direct each one... Maybe they are doing a new trilogy with a different director and crew for each one, respectively!?!!
(We can only hope... That way, Bay will not ruin the next 3 films and he can just ruin one more... LOL... But the joke'son us, the fans and the theater patrons.
They know that after the last three, that there is an audience for this title and to save costs by tripling the filming duties would be logical for a major blockbuster franchise like this one... Maybe?! :michaelbay:


It's on his website; why would he put it there if he wasn't going to do direct it?

Besides, it's more than likely it's an April Fools joke.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Nerdimus Maximus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Motto: ""-- I now control that which you most fear!...""
Bay's ego is bigger than his brain, that might be one reason that he would post this and because he is an exec. producer of the franchise now... mo' money, mo' money... And, yeah it might be a joke, but knowing how Bay thinks, He is up to something that will have at least some truth to this post, I think so, anyway! :HEADHURTS:
Nerdimus Maximus
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby njb902 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Wow there is so much negatively in this thread.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nerdimus Maximus wrote:Bay's ego is bigger than his brain, that might be one reason that he would post this...


So you're saying he's bragging about how another director is doing movies that he is supposed to do. Explain this logic to me.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
great 3 more years of crap confirmed. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone else will take over the final two & give us real movies. But I have a feeling that hasbro is behind this, if they do it this way then they wont have to make a filler series like they've been doing thus less money spent. Maybe if they spend less money on the shows/movies they'll put more into the toys & give us real figures again and not these cheap knockoffs they've been putting out. That'll never happen but one can dream
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4718
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Chandler Prime 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
HECK YEA !!!! Thats what im talking about....The more Peter Cullen/Optimus Prime the better !!!!
Autobots Transform and Roll Out !!!!!!! - Optimus Prime
Chandler Prime 1
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Cybertron
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Autobot Megatron » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Motto: "That's just prime..."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
What about his misinformation campaigns? I personally wouldn't believe it, April 1st or not.
...then again, I hope it isn't true. Bay's great for some things, but we need a new eye desperately and I'd like to see something other than girls and Baysplosions.
Autobot Megatron
Like Nemisis Prime, but cooler.
User avatar
Autobot Megatron
Fuzor
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 pm
Location: Uh, I'm right here, aren't I?

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Mechastrike » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 pm

April Fools everyone!
Mechastrike
Vehicon
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Nelson claims it's real.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... post206045

When was the last time you saw us joke around here?


And it's been frontpaged over there, apparently.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8820
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Eagleblaster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Thats good good news if its true :-? Keep those Transformers movies coming. I wanna be watching new Tf movies until I die of old age at the age of  99 ;)
Eagleblaster
Minibot
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby njb902 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Eagleblaster wrote:Thats good good news if its true :-? Keep those Transformers movies coming. I wanna be watching new Tf movies until I die of old age at the age of  99 ;)


Me as well!
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Seibertron wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:No way this is real. Considering how much he complained about being exhausted after filming each of the 1st 3 films, there's no way he would film 3 of them 1 right after the other. This would also require a script and casting for all 3 of them. So unless Bay figured out how to make 3 movies in the time it takes 1, and Kruger wrote an AMAZING story that just HAS to be broken up into 3 parts, this is bullshit.


Doing 3 more movies in order to be set financially or very comfortably does wonders to one might be willing to do. $$$,$$$,$$$ negates unwillingness exhaustion lack of interest. There's nothing wrong with changing one's mind to go with the flow of things.


Money is 1 thing, whether it be Bay or Hasbro. But the filming, setting up stunt sequences, and the post-production alone would be massive. They'd still be filming when TF4 is scheduled to be out next year. And, as I said, a serviceable script for all 3 films has to be available before the filming for the 1st film begins in 2 months. It's just not possible. Also, on Hasbro's end, they'd have to have designs and distribution plans for toylines to go with all 3 movies. Also impossible. Unless they go REALLY cheap and uninspired. So in the end, this has to be an April's Fool joke. I don't care how serious Bay takes his work, he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to push a fandom's buttons. Especially a fandom as neurotic as ours.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15508
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:No way this is real. Considering how much he complained about being exhausted after filming each of the 1st 3 films, there's no way he would film 3 of them 1 right after the other. This would also require a script and casting for all 3 of them. So unless Bay figured out how to make 3 movies in the time it takes 1, and Kruger wrote an AMAZING story that just HAS to be broken up into 3 parts, this is bullshit.


Doing 3 more movies in order to be set financially or very comfortably does wonders to one might be willing to do. $$$,$$$,$$$ negates unwillingness exhaustion lack of interest. There's nothing wrong with changing one's mind to go with the flow of things.


Money is 1 thing, whether it be Bay or Hasbro. But the filming, setting up stunt sequences, and the post-production alone would be massive. They'd still be filming when TF4 is scheduled to be out next year. And, as I said, a serviceable script for all 3 films has to be available before the filming for the 1st film begins in 2 months. It's just not possible. Also, on Hasbro's end, they'd have to have designs and distribution plans for toylines to go with all 3 movies. Also impossible. Unless they go REALLY cheap and uninspired. So in the end, this has to be an April's Fool joke. I don't care how serious Bay takes his work, he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to push a fandom's buttons. Especially a fandom as neurotic as ours.


For the sake of argument, keep an open mind for a moment.

If (and most likely when) you're proven wrong, what would you do then?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8820
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby MarkNL » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 am

Motto: "I keep telling you: you listen to me more, you live longer!"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
From Wikipedia:

"Resident Evil 5 & 6 and Transformers 4 & 5 were originally planned to be filmed back to back, but the decision was ultimately made to film them independently."

Hmmm...
One shall stand, one shall fall!
User avatar
MarkNL
Minibot
Posts: 115
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Mark(NL) wrote:From Wikipedia:

"Resident Evil 5 & 6 and Transformers 4 & 5 were originally planned to be filmed back to back, but the decision was ultimately made to film them independently."

Hmmm...


Does anyone have the original source for that? I'm surprised Wikipedia allowed that text without it being sourced properly.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23381
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Mykltron » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Every day is April Fool's Day for Michael 'mis-information' Bay.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6084
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Erailea » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 am

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a lie / April Fools joke, but filming back-to-back sounds like it's a good idea for franchises. Gets everything done in one go, instead of calling the actors back a year or two down the line and having to re-craft things (both real and CGI)

But filming back-to-back that also requires having a director with a brain. One who can think their plot out that far ahead and blend it seamlessly together. Bay has enough problems trying to craft a single plot line...
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 854
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Autobot032 wrote:For the sake of argument, keep an open mind for a moment.

If (and most likely when) you're proven wrong, what would you do then?


I would say "I was wrong."

And you telling me to keep an open mind and then saying that I am wrong is most likely a certainty is being a hypocrite.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15508
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Is it just me or is that statement gone from MichaelBay.com now?

http://michaelbay.com/
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23381
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby El Duque » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron wrote:Is it just me or is that statement gone from MichaelBay.com now?

http://michaelbay.com/


It's not just you, it's been pulled, but Nelson stated within their forums that it wasn't a joke. I've been keeping an eye on it, I keep expecting to go there and find a retraction of some sort. Time will tell.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby STngAR » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:50 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Ughhh...

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit


:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.



"People who live in glass houses sink ships"

"Loser, loser chicken dinner"

"She was playing robota-possum"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"
User avatar
STngAR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 526
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am
Location: PA
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I'm very excited about the possibility of them filming Transformers 4, 5 and 6 back-to-back. I'm a little embarrassed that there is so much negativity in this topic regarding this possibility. The movies have their flaws but there's a lot of good stuff that came out them as well. If you look at the movies that are planned for the next few years, there's some very stiff competition ahead for the Transformers at the box office and in various marketplaces. I think having 3 Transformers films back-to-back helps cement Transformers longevity amongst its competition. It's smart business, keeps all of the actors and other people that work on these films together.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23381
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back

Postby MarkNL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Motto: "I keep telling you: you listen to me more, you live longer!"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Seibertron wrote:
Mark(NL) wrote:From Wikipedia:

"Resident Evil 5 & 6 and Transformers 4 & 5 were originally planned to be filmed back to back, but the decision was ultimately made to film them independently."

Hmmm...


Does anyone have the original source for that? I'm surprised Wikipedia allowed that text without it being sourced properly.


Now I'm surprised too. I didn't notice it wasn't being sourced when I saw it..
One shall stand, one shall fall!
User avatar
MarkNL
Minibot
Posts: 115
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014