Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby GodMagnus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am

Marcdachamp wrote:
As far as what a parent wants their children to see, that's their call. But that level of humor has been in all 3 films, and, judging by the box office returns, that hasn't stopped anyone from taking anyone to see the next film in the series.

And for the last time, what I said was that a film with NO humans (which is what people on this board seem to want) would fail. Not a film with limited humans.


I have to agree with you there. My mom would take me to go see Friday the 13th movies. That was her call. For a movie that is also product placement for a toy, it did have some suggestive themes in it, but that's up to parents if they want to take their kid to see it and I didn't see any walk out the theater.
GodMagnus
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 pm

GodMagnus wrote:I have to agree with you there. My mom would take me to go see Friday the 13th movies. That was her call. For a movie that is also product placement for a toy, it did have some suggestive themes in it, but that's up to parents if they want to take their kid to see it and I didn't see any walk out the theater.


And if some lucky young Transformers fan' Mother took him to see the Friday the 13th remake from a few years ago, he would have seen Mikaela's boyfriend get brutally murdered. :P
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 758
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:You also seem to think that everyone who voices their opinion is really complaining from a self-entitlement complex. Its really not. Its just being a fan, and publically stating opinion. But since you guys gota take it so seriously to hopefully end with a sense of self-rightousness... I can't help that.


You literally said that the franchise belongs to you! If that isn't self-entitlement, I don't know what is! It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Hasbro, end of story. It's like the Star Wars fans that want Star Wars taken away from George Lucas. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. But don't assume that you speak for anyone other than yourself when you try labeling who is and isn't a "true fan." The fact is, I love every incarnation of the Transformers and I can probably recite every line from the '86 movie. And you know what? I love the Bay films.

YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall? I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…

If you like Bayformers that's fine, but don’t deflate a legitimate request or dismiss people as G1 Bay-haters as if there’s no valid reason for the criticism. Not calling out you personally but generally speaking, a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


It's okay to have a dissenting opinion about the films. No one is saying otherwise. But as soon as Vegetacron starts calling fans of those movies a "******" his arguement falls apart.

As far as what a parent wants their children to see, that's their call. But that level of humor has been in all 3 films, and, judging by the box office returns, that hasn't stopped anyone from taking anyone to see the next film in the series.

And for the last time, what I said was that a film with NO humans (which is what people on this board seem to want) would fail. Not a film with limited humans.


Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…
Last edited by YoungPrime on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
YoungPrime
Minibot
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby GodMagnus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm

And Bay isn't coming back. At least not anytime soon. If Hasbro wants to get a 4th moving on the ground running, they will have to do it without Bay. And no, I don't think money will bring him back.

Say what you want about Michael Bay, the man loves film and I get the impression from reading the various things he has said, that he wants to spread his wings and do more than just action movies. He has his own production company so he doesn't need the money from a Transformers job. He can take the time he wants, like James Cameron did, to improve his craft, and I think that's exactly what he's going to do.
GodMagnus
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:20 pm

YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 758
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby GodMagnus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.


Well the movies are pretty much animated to begin with. Avatar was mostly animated. The fans who want a movie with just Transformers want the opening of DOTM but for a full movie.
GodMagnus
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Dre Merc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 pm

LadyBug wrote:
Dre Merc wrote:As far as a movie set on Cybertron.. wow some people really think that would work? Lifeless dark grey shifting steel structures as backgrounds, and grey protoform robots that won't "disguise?" Shhyeah.. that would work.


If Tron: Legacy can create a world in CGI; I'm sure that they will have no problem with making Cybertron. And I think it would be awesome if we get a prequel that is based on Cybertron, but I think that we won't get to see it in a live action is because they are doing all of this Cybertron based stuff with the Prime universe + War for Cybertron/Exodus/Exiles continuities.


It's been mentioned that CGI worlds can and have been done several times. Yeah, but they look nice. Cybertron is a farcry from the visually pleasing worlds of Tron, Avatar, Star Wars. Making CGI visuals isn't the issue I brought up, it was the look of Cybertron. The movies have shown them, and while it's kinda cool for a few seconds or minutes it won't work for a theatrical 2 hour movie (more than that since it would be 4 and 5 back to back). Bayverse Cybertron is dark, gritty, torn, and full of shifting steel structures. The same can be said of the protoform robots which from what we've seen would be hard to tell apart. It's likely to be mostly fans that would put up with that. And another issue besides the visuals being too dark, cold, gritty, and probably confusing, is language. We're to assume all cybertronian speech is cybertronian, but the audience hears it in english.

Hmm a sequel in CT would be: Somehow the Autobots get a hold of some other tech that lets them go back to what's left of CT to reclaim it while rebooting vector sigma so it can regenerate its other half (with the help of Jason Statham in a space suit.. lol). Would they keep their Earthly disguises or go back to protoform, or somewhere in between? Sounds kinda badass I guess, but as I said it just strikes as fan service that would likely try to take itself serious. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that.. but I have no faith it would work as a mega blockbuster theatrical movie.

Sorry, if I veered off topic, but.. atleast I threw Jason in there. #-o
Dre Merc
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:17 pm

KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38854
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Sorry, Burn. I didn't catch your post back there. I'll retract myself from the discussion in this thread. To quote Optimus: "My bad."
Last edited by Marcdachamp on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 758
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.


Well friend, my criticisms with Bayformers may not be universal. But when the actual director and cast admit to it. It tends to speak volumes…LOL!

But I digress, we’ve gone full circle now so allow me to ask you again who are you to assume what everyone else would or wouldn’t watch? Your point is becoming more and more contradictory and your frustration isn’t helping your cause. Mind you that you’re the only one who's downing the idea of a “Last stand of the Wreckers” type of film. Yet Avatar did like 2.75 billion in the box office without one visit to earth in its 3hrs span.

So that "frame of reference" comment is moot. This isn’t a romance comedy, it’s about alien robots who don’t need a lot of human involvement ”IF IT'S DONE RIGHT”

LOL I know outerspace sounds scary young friend, but have faith in compatent writers, director, characters etc. Bay isn't the only ticket in town.
Image
User avatar
YoungPrime
Minibot
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby vegetacron » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Weapon: Spinning Augers
Burn wrote:KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?


Sorry mang, but whenever a bayformer fan says the G1 movie sucks i just want to manically smash kittens all over the place. Its like little red explosions of nerdrage anger just goes off in my head and i just want to reach thru the internets and strangle them. Is ok tho, im goin back to not reading the forums again.
Image
User avatar
vegetacron
Vehicon
Posts: 358
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:57 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Hehe, you guys are funny. so much selective attention, so little time. Statham is pretty dope. If they rebooted the movies with a completely different direction and had him in it, I'm sure it'll be sweet.
Think DeathRace but with Statham actually kicking ass instead or running like a ****** *coughshiacough*

For the record, Humans being excluded from a TF movie would be somthing I'd love to see. Just imagine watching "The War Within" in amazing CG and insane lighting... then add all the sick robot sounds everywhere, add a techno/dnb soundtrack...
I'm sure there will be an insane amount of fans who will dig it, it'll just be more nerds and sci fi people than your average joe. Maybe it won't do as well, but being an entirely CG movie, it'd probably cost less since they won't need so many destructible props and actors to pay.
For example. The animatrix Ep. 1 on the dvd. All CG, better than all the matrix movies combined. (too bad it was so short though.)

Oh and just to again clarify. You can feel like somthing belongs to you (and you belong to it), without having to say it owes you for it. Stop reading things the way you want it to sound and atleast try and make an effort to understand others POVs. Otherwise, don't bother replying.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby dinogeist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 pm

I'm kinda sad that this seems to be fan WISHING rumor & not official rumors regarding the TF4 & TF5 movies.

Personally that guy Jason Statham seems like a WORSE CHOICE THAN SHIA.
Because Jason Statham reminds me of the 1 Dimensional action actors from the 1980 thru 1990's like arnold swartzenager,sylvester stallone,juan claude van duam.

PLEASE,If were gonna replace shia le barf as the main lead star in TF 4 & TF5. then lets at the very least get someone with acting skills & has 3 dimensional acting skills. lets not go from worse to worser.

Examples of decent actors who might be too old but non-the-less their still great actors are as follows: Samuel jackson,freddie prince Jr, harrison ford.

Personally Jason Stahom is too boring,stale & has a foreign accent. he reminds me of christan bale or juan claude van duam.

If Jasan statham is the best they can do for TF4 & TF5 then please close up shop ASAP.

this scenario of going from worse (shia le barf) to worser (jason stahom) reminds me of the 3 & half men TV show. when they got rid of worse (charlie sheen) & replaced him with worser ( ashton kutcher)
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
deathy wrote:
Personally that guy Jason Statham seems like a WORSE CHOICE THAN SHIA.
Because Jason Statham reminds me of the 1 Dimensional action actors from the 1980 thru 1990's like arnold swartzenager,sylvester stallone,juan claude van duam.


I agree Jason Statham isn't the most interesting actor, just good for action and whatever. But this is why I think he would be perfect, since he would pretty much occupy the background, and leave the TFs in the foreground.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Rated X » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I would like to see more TF movies. Plus a reality show showing the making of the TF series. I want to see more Michael Bay vs. Megan Fox arguements !!! I want to see Shia Labeouf get beat up in more drunken barfights !!! Bring it on !!! One more film !!!

But on topic, I think all rumors on these forums should be supported by either video, audio, or photo evidence. I dont think he said, she said rumor stories are news worthy. If the money is right for another TF movie, then trust me it will happen. But we dont want the franchise to to become a joke like Starship Troopers, Leprechaun, Fast & Furious and other movies with a bunch of crappy sequels.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6331
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Kilodom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:51 am

Motto: "Whatever it takes to get the job done."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm honestly indifferent about whether or not the movies continue. Really, I think it's inevitable that Hasbro will make more one way or another; there's simply too much money coming in for them not to. I'd love to see a new director that could take the movies in a more intelligent direction, but I'm more than aware that the general audience probably wouldn't appreciate the politics and such behind the two factions as much as I do. I'd give them my wallet ten times over just for a philosophical debate between Megatronus and Orion Pax, but c'est la vie. I'm enjoying IDW and Prime, so I'll take what I can get.

I do want to comment on this whole debate over whether or not a Cybertron-based movie would work, though. I'm probably not as brushed up on the Bayformers continuity as most of you seem to be, but I've always been under the assumption that Cybertron was so drab and lifeless because of the war and the destruction it brought. If we're talking about doing a prequel, pre-war, pre-destruction movie, then why couldn't Cybertron potentially be just as beautiful as, say, the Grid? On one hand, the Autobots are pretty brilliantly colored (whether via Earth influence or not, just the fact that they picked or stuck with those colors signifies some sort of inclination); so you could argue that, during peaceful times, so was Cybertron. On the other hand, it could be completely monotone steel, but even so, I think the use of appropriate lighting could more than solve this problem. It's always struck me that Cybertron would be full of neon lights and such (think the Grid), plus, as someone who spent an entire art class with a monochromatic focus, you'd be surprised what you can do with different variations of grey.

In regards to relating to the robots in the absence of humans, isn't one of the main reasons we, as Transformers fans, have always related to the robots because of the humanistic characteristics they posses? Their stories are already inherently human (and thus relateable) simply because they were written by us humans. We've all been effected by war one way or another, so the similarities between our cultures and theirs are there. My problem with Bayformers from the get-go has been simply that their designs are so alien. Which makes complete sense if you're trying to portray realistic aliens with virtually no relation to us, but not when you're trying to make an audience feel for them. I know a large part of Bumblebee's role was based in facial expressions and such, and look how well he was received by the general audiences. So theoretically, if you added more humanistic gestures and facial expressions and such to the rest of the robots that say, 'look at me, this is what I'm feeling, you've probably felt this too', I don't see why the general audiences couldn't relate. Honestly, I think the Decepticons are more or less beyond help in this respect, so a reboot with less segregated designs between the 'bots and 'cons would probably be the best solution for them. But I think if you design them appropriately and write them correctly as individuals, they are 100% as relate-able as any human character; we're pretty much all proof of that.

Short of that, you could always stick in a ship full of humans if you absolutely need real people to ground yourself for whatever reason....
User avatar
Kilodom
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: California
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: ???
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Cyber Bishop » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:41 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
vegetacron wrote:
Burn wrote:KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?


Sorry mang, but whenever a bayformer fan says the G1 movie sucks i just want to manically smash kittens all over the place. Its like little red explosions of nerdrage anger just goes off in my head and i just want to reach thru the internets and strangle them. Is ok tho, im goin back to not reading the forums again.


And sorry vegetacron but your point of your feelings and how you feel you need to react is invalid, a mod ASKED everyone here to stop, your reason does not matter because you and everyone else were asked to stop..

As per the rules..

general-rules-for-seibertron-com-s-forums-t14626.php

11. Mod's the Word
If a moderator/administrator has to step in and hand out warnings/bans or other disciplines adhere to their wishes. Do not treat the warning as grounds for a personal vendetta. Warnings are carefully thought out, and flaming, bating or harassing a staff member because of it will only lead to a harsher reprimand.


Stop it NOW...
Thank you.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18643
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby GodMagnus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 am

Kilodom wrote:I'm honestly indifferent about whether or not the movies continue. Really, I think it's inevitable that Hasbro will make more one way or another; there's simply too much money coming in for them not to. I'd love to see a new director that could take the movies in a more intelligent direction, but I'm more than aware that the general audience probably wouldn't appreciate the politics and such behind the two factions as much as I do. I'd give them my wallet ten times over just for a philosophical debate between Megatronus and Orion Pax, but c'est la vie. I'm enjoying IDW and Prime, so I'll take what I can get.

I do want to comment on this whole debate over whether or not a Cybertron-based movie would work, though. I'm probably not as brushed up on the Bayformers continuity as most of you seem to be, but I've always been under the assumption that Cybertron was so drab and lifeless because of the war and the destruction it brought. If we're talking about doing a prequel, pre-war, pre-destruction movie, then why couldn't Cybertron potentially be just as beautiful as, say, the Grid? On one hand, the Autobots are pretty brilliantly colored (whether via Earth influence or not, just the fact that they picked or stuck with those colors signifies some sort of inclination); so you could argue that, during peaceful times, so was Cybertron. On the other hand, it could be completely monotone steel, but even so, I think the use of appropriate lighting could more than solve this problem. It's always struck me that Cybertron would be full of neon lights and such (think the Grid), plus, as someone who spent an entire art class with a monochromatic focus, you'd be surprised what you can do with different variations of grey.

In regards to relating to the robots in the absence of humans, isn't one of the main reasons we, as Transformers fans, have always related to the robots because of the humanistic characteristics they posses? Their stories are already inherently human (and thus relateable) simply because they were written by us humans. We've all been effected by war one way or another, so the similarities between our cultures and theirs are there. My problem with Bayformers from the get-go has been simply that their designs are so alien. Which makes complete sense if you're trying to portray realistic aliens with virtually no relation to us, but not when you're trying to make an audience feel for them. I know a large part of Bumblebee's role was based in facial expressions and such, and look how well he was received by the general audiences. So theoretically, if you added more humanistic gestures and facial expressions and such to the rest of the robots that say, 'look at me, this is what I'm feeling, you've probably felt this too', I don't see why the general audiences couldn't relate. Honestly, I think the Decepticons are more or less beyond help in this respect, so a reboot with less segregated designs between the 'bots and 'cons would probably be the best solution for them. But I think if you design them appropriately and write them correctly as individuals, they are 100% as relate-able as any human character; we're pretty much all proof of that.

Short of that, you could always stick in a ship full of humans if you absolutely need real people to ground yourself for whatever reason....


I agree with all of your reasons why a movie on Cybertron will work. I believe that if you tell a solid story, people will come and will be entertained. The only thing to honestly worry about, is the budget. To have a totally Transformers centric movie on Cybertron with the level of detail seen in the movies, that is going to cost major money.
GodMagnus
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Kilodom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Motto: "Whatever it takes to get the job done."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
GodMagnus wrote: I agree with all of your reasons why a movie on Cybertron will work. I believe that if you tell a solid story, people will come and will be entertained. The only thing to honestly worry about, is the budget. To have a totally Transformers centric movie on Cybertron with the level of detail seen in the movies, that is going to cost major money.


To be sure; I remember hearing about how Devastator maxed out their computers when they were making RotF, so imagine what processing an entire two hours or so of solid footage would require. I would think that simplifying the designs would help that, though, wouldn't it? We don't really need all those individual parts during their transformations, cool though it might be. I'm sort of envisioning less-stylized designs like Prime, really; same idea, without all the clutter and time spent on organizing it. Beyond that, I think if Cameron can pull of something like Avatar, especially as that kind of technology progresses and with the amount of money Hasbro has already raked in from the franchise, there must be a way to pull it off financially.
User avatar
Kilodom
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: California
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: ???
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby dinogeist » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Kilodom wrote:
GodMagnus wrote: I agree with all of your reasons why a movie on Cybertron will work. I believe that if you tell a solid story, people will come and will be entertained. The only thing to honestly worry about, is the budget. To have a totally Transformers centric movie on Cybertron with the level of detail seen in the movies, that is going to cost major money.


To be sure; I remember hearing about how Devastator maxed out their computers when they were making RotF, so imagine what processing an entire two hours or so of solid footage would require. I would think that simplifying the designs would help that, though, wouldn't it? We don't really need all those individual parts during their transformations, cool though it might be. I'm sort of envisioning less-stylized designs like Prime, really; same idea, without all the clutter and time spent on organizing it. Beyond that, I think if Cameron can pull of something like Avatar, especially as that kind of technology progresses and with the amount of money Hasbro has already raked in from the franchise, there must be a way to pull it off financially.


I also agree that a ALL CGI TF movie taking place on cybertron would work & rake in just as much as the other three live action TF movies.

People keep forgetting,the 1986 movie didn't have the robots done in all 100% CGI.

the main attraction to these three live action TF movies is the CGI & always has been.

I kinda want to see one or two prequel TF live action movies that take place on Cybertron in the distant past. Sort of like what the 2 TF video games called "war for cybertron" & "fall for cybertron" are doing.

mostly all the TF Internet fans hate & loathe the humans in the three live action TF movies. I just can't imagine non-fans loving the humans either in these three live action TF movies.
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
deathy wrote:I also agree that a ALL CGI TF movie taking place on cybertron would work & rake in just as much as the other three live action TF movies.

People keep forgetting,the 1986 movie didn't have the robots done in all 100% CGI.


A few things,
1.- No, the first movie was not done in CGI, it was done intirely in cartoon format.
2.- This was nothing new and was inexpensive. In that regard, there would be no budget differenace if humans, or TF were animated. So in that respect, it would be expected that TF would have more screen time.

deathy wrote:the main attraction to these three live action TF movies is the CGI & always has been..


Your right, but there's the budget to remember. The cost would be 10 times that of what DOTM or ROTF was. That's a big gamble to take on a new concept.

I meantioned this already, but not sure if it wasn't seen cause it got buried on page two. The thing with TF, is that for the most part people (meaning general public, and even the casual fans) reconise them as cars, trucks, airplanes etc. Basicly earth vehicles that transform into giant robots. "Robots in disguise", not Robots on their home planet. And unfortunutly, i'd have to agree with this. I don't want to see a bunch of protoforms or cybertronion vehicles running around. I love seeing hopped up vehicles that i'm familuar with driving down the freeway, transform and tear **** up. Ask anyone about TF and ask them what they remeber Optimus Prime as. I bet you know one will say anyhing but a red/blue semi truck. Protoform Optimus toy from 07' was one of the worst selling toys of the movie line. So while yes, other movies have proven succesfull taking place on other planets, they were also always based on other planets and based around that setting. (EI- star wars has always taken place on other planets and outer space and based on earth or one planet)
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Kilodom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Motto: "Whatever it takes to get the job done."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
5150 Cruiser wrote: I meantioned this already, but not sure if it wasn't seen cause it got buried on page two. The thing with TF, is that for the most part people (meaning general public, and even the casual fans) reconise them as cars, trucks, airplanes etc. Basicly earth vehicles that transform into giant robots. "Robots in disguise", not Robots on their home planet. And unfortunutly, i'd have to agree with this. I don't want to see a bunch of protoforms or cybertronion vehicles running around. I love seeing hopped up vehicles that i'm familuar with driving down the freeway, transform and tear **** up. Ask anyone about TF and ask them what they remeber Optimus Prime as. I bet you know one will say anyhing but a red/blue semi truck. Protoform Optimus toy from 07' was one of the worst selling toys of the movie line. So while yes, other movies have proven succesfull taking place on other planets, they were also always based on other planets and based around that setting. (EI- star wars has always taken place on other planets and outer space and based on earth or one planet)


I remember seeing the protoform toys, but I don't remember what they looked like in detail because I passed them by so quickly, so I'd say that's testimony to them being pretty bad. Look at things like Animated and War for Cybertron (and G1 to some extent), though, where the Cybertronian alt modes were similar to their Earth modes, but in a slightly different, more sci-fi style. No, you're not getting something you could recognize driving down the street per se, but Optimus is still more or less a truck, the tetrajets still look similar to our jets, and so on. Honestly, yes, the slogan's always been 'robots in disguise' and I love being able to point out characters on the streets as much as the next person, but just putting out movie after movie of human vehicles starts to get a little stagnant. We KNOW Optimus is a Peterbilt by now, we KNOW Bumblebee is a Camaro, and Lord knows we've all seen him a million times on the streets by now. Yes, the audience only knows them as these things, but that's because they've never been shown anything otherwise. I don't see any problem with introducing new things to them. If they've liked everything thus far, they could very well enjoy the rest of what the expanded universe has to offer. So why NOT spice things up a little bit once in a while? Doing one Cybertron-based movie set in the PAST doesn't mean you won't get more clearly recognizable human alt-modes in later movies set in the present, it's just something different every once in a while to spice things up.
User avatar
Kilodom
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: California
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: ???
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:38 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Kilodom wrote:I remember seeing the protoform toys, but I don't remember what they looked like in detail because I passed them by so quickly, so I'd say that's testimony to them being pretty bad. Look at things like Animated and War for Cybertron (and G1 to some extent), though, where the Cybertronian alt modes were similar to their Earth modes, but in a slightly different, more sci-fi style. No, you're not getting something you could recognize driving down the street per se, but Optimus is still more or less a truck, the tetrajets still look similar to our jets, and so on. Honestly, yes, the slogan's always been 'robots in disguise' and I love being able to point out characters on the streets as much as the next person, but just putting out movie after movie of human vehicles starts to get a little stagnant. We KNOW Optimus is a Peterbilt by now, we KNOW Bumblebee is a Camaro, and Lord knows we've all seen him a million times on the streets by now. Yes, the audience only knows them as these things, but that's because they've never been shown anything otherwise. I don't see any problem with introducing new things to them. If they've liked everything thus far, they could very well enjoy the rest of what the expanded universe has to offer. So why NOT spice things up a little bit once in a while? Doing one Cybertron-based movie set in the PAST doesn't mean you won't get more clearly recognizable human alt-modes in later movies set in the present, it's just something different every once in a while to spice things up.

:APPLAUSE:

More than just the point you made, but the way you made it.
This is the point i've always been tryin to make. Spice things up. Enough of the same thing over and over. I say: lets starts exploring something new. Lets change the norm of everyone wanting to feel safe in knowing they're going to see somthing they recognize, but somthing new that they actually have to spend time getting into. Something worth the time invested because it offers somthing unlike anything else. But seeing how crappy nowadays movies are (including how much they are botching the new Akira movie) I almost rather not see anything TF on the big screen. 80s animated movie or die.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Kilodom wrote: We KNOW Optimus is a Peterbilt by now, we KNOW Bumblebee is a Camaro, and Lord knows we've all seen him a million times on the streets by now. Yes, the audience only knows them as these things, but that's because they've never been shown anything otherwise. I don't see any problem with introducing new things to them. If they've liked everything thus far, they could very well enjoy the rest of what the expanded universe has to offer.


The problem is its a gamble. A big one. Like it or not, people want to relate to the material they watch. Shows such as Animated can take that lep since they have a much smaller budget and can afford to take such a gamble. not only that, but if rating's start to slip, they can switch gears a bit and take it into a different direction. Can't do that with movies. Like it or not, Human element has, and always will be a part of TF's. Its people like Tyress Gibson, eye candy Rosie and Megan and even the rumored Jason Statham that attract people to movies. (And can even turn them away). This is fact. You don't have to like it, but you can't get away that. personally, i thing Statham would make a good addition to the human cast. He's proven good in his past action flicks, so i don't see why he wouldn't work well in future TF movies.
It all comes down to relating to material. i still stand by my statement that people would much rather see an earth based TF movie than one 100% set on Cybertron. Now what i could see is both mixed toeghter. Half Cybertron, half earth set. Its obviuos that the audience isn't against the idea of alien element in TF movies (DOTM did well concidering the driller and all the CGI decepticon ships). But i would have much rather had the time and effort used in animating those elements in more on screen time for the standard autobot/decpeticon cast. But i get it. Each movie has to out-due the next, and the driller was the next logical step. I have more points, but the lady just finished getting ready, and its time for shopping. :roll:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 4 & 5 to Film Back to Back with Jason Statham?

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
acchillyaout wrote:I have been a transformer fan longer than all of you put together.


Somehow I doubt that.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18643
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014