T-Macksimus wrote:This is my message for the folks regarding the films:
The biggest problem with the franchise isn't who is at the helm of these movies, it's not the actors, it's not always even the script. It's the fans and the inability for most of them to realize that they (personally) are not the center of the TF universe.
This goes out to every TF moviegoer or TF fan that refuses to see the films: Stop being a selfish prick!! The audience range for these films is somewhere between 8 and 40 something so how dare you, in your arrogance, call something a complete piece of crap when you cannot POSSIBLY create something that will please everyone in that range. YOU didn't like it so it is therefore garbage?? Dude, seriously...there's the door to the fandom, don't let it hit your ass on the way out! When are you people going to learn that no 2 individuals, regardless of whether they are fans of the same topic, are going to see the same thing the same way.
I've said it a thousand times on here; Art, music, books, movies...these are all subjective, all open to different interpretation for each and every person. The live action films have to have something for everyone. You may not like that fact but you had damn well better accept it because it is not going to change, not for you and your narrow-minded pov, not for anyone.
On the off chance that that didn't infuriate enough of my fellow fans on here:
Bay at the helm of TF4... I don't care. Might as well keep him since we are used to it by now.
Wahlberg in the leading role... I'm totally cool with that.
Redesigned Characters... I'm cool with that too. Not like I'll be buying the toys anyways so I don't really care what they look like on screen except for Optimus staying as a truck. That's just iconic Prime for ya.
Unicron as a plot point... Biggest GD mistake they could make! I'd rather gouge out vital parts of my anatomy with a spork than put up with Unicron in the live action films. He died in 1986 along with his VA as far as I'm concerned. Show some respect for the past and leave him the hell ALONE!
Fox/Whitley style eye candy... absolutely DOES NOT belong in the TF universe, did NOTHING for the films. Inappropriate and unnecessary.
Anything that I may have left out, anyones buttons I haven't pushed, just let me know and I'll be happy to bring up a topic that WILL irritate/berate you and give me an opportunity to piss in your cornflakes. That's what I'm here for.
Couple of things for you to consider;
1. Take a chill pill. You rave about about people who rave(?) about bayformers.
2. Am I a selfish prick since I don't want to have anything to do with these movies anymore (been there done that) and I don't want to spend any more money to those to prove that I am a "true fan"? I sure don't support something I don't like and believe at any level.
3. I have never called anyone who likes these movie a prick or even stupid person, though I might start with you. Then again, maybe I rather be a selfish prick that a stupid prick.
The audience range for these films is somewhere between 8 and 40 something so how dare you, in your arrogance, call something a complete piece of crap when you cannot POSSIBLY create something that will please everyone in that range.
4. I wouldn't even try to create something that pleases everyone, for this is one of the things that is wrong with movie industry nowadays. You try to please everyone. I can tell you that usually in business a company that tries to sell everyone, isn't actually selling to anyone. That how it goes.
5. I still don't have to get behind your views and who are you to show me a door to anywhere, bud?