Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:08 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Noideaforaname wrote:A bit of a retread of RotF...

How would Hasbro even make a toy of the white Demolishor-esque one?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17080
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby lockdownisfresh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:12 pm

What? This is awful. Glad they did use this crap.
lockdownisfresh
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Maybe it's the art style, or maybe it's that small, rounded gorillacons make me think of those Decepticlones that could neutralize your weapons and use wrestling moves on you in the PS2 Armada game, but these last three scream "video game" more than "movie". So do the Op, Bee, and Lockdown at the start of the thread.

They naturally had to bounce a lot of ideas off the wall before finding what worked for AofE, but some of these designs should be put to good use elsewhere.
Bumblevivisector
Brainmaster
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby lockdownisfresh » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 pm

I can't tell what it is even with the description and it looks like something from a Terminator rip-off than a Transformers movie. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my critique, but it looks terrible to me.
lockdownisfresh
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm probably one of the few that actually likes the Hritz concept art bots, but even in the more diverse movie continuity, they look like anything but TF's. They belong morein an anime or a scifi FPS game.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby El Duque » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Transformers: Age of Extinction concept art continues to roll out! This morning we have images from artist Josh Nizzi's website that give us his take on several of the characters from the film plus a few that didn't end up on screen. These include three very impressive looking Cybertronian Knights. We also get a closer look at many of the weapons seen in the film. We've mirrored a selection of his images below, many more can be viewed by clicking here.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Delta Magnus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:36 am

Motto: "Freelance shitposting agent, yes?"
Weapon: Megaton Battle Sword
Those are some pretty cool designs. I don't know why, but I've always been fond of the nameless generic characters, like the various background characters from Energon, and the awesome 2-headed Shockwave shown here. I actually find the way they take the existing models and mix-and-match them into new designs pretty creative.

Damn, I can't wait to see the movie now.
WANT LIST:
Armada Demolishor
Beast Wars Scavenger/Transmetal Inferno
Cybertron Ransack
Complete Seacons (don't care about MISB as long as the toys themselves are complete, in good condition and with all their parts/accessories)
Legends/Cyberverse Insecticons
Beast Wars Rampage (Japanese or Western version)
As many 5mm post weapons as possible!
(Current) HOLY GRAILS:
Full Hercules set
MP-03 Starscream (Japanese version)
Complete G1 Trypticon
User avatar
Delta Magnus
Targetmaster
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: Scuzzy bar in Kaon
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby dreadwing95 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:38 am

i kind of wish they made the two headed shockwave were two different bots like in that one concept art
dreadwing95
Micromaster
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:23 am

Like last time, my favorites are the background generics. *ponders how to make Kreons of Two Head and the guy with whips*
Wasn't the whip bot originally just random art of his? I feel like I've seen it before...

The "creator hand" is very cool.

Lockdown seems vaguely Megatron-esque, with that top crest part and those sideburn things.

The Knights are pretty boring, they're just... knights.
And roundabout confirmation that Silver Knight Optimus was supposed to be an actual thing.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2305
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby dreadwing95 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am

Noideaforaname wrote:Like last time, my favorites are the background generics. *ponders how to make Kreons of Two Head and the guy with whips*
Wasn't the whip bot originally just random art of his? I feel like I've seen it before...

The "creator hand" is very cool.

Lockdown seems vaguely Megatron-esque, with that top crest part and those sideburn things.

The Knights are pretty boring, they're just... knights.
And roundabout confirmation that Silver Knight Optimus was supposed to be an actual thing.

i like the knight designs. i actually wouldve liked these designs as the actual primes rather than the odd looking ones we already have. i mean that black knight design just screams "the fallen"
dreadwing95
Micromaster
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby The Thuggernaut » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Motto: "I am the one you always lose, but never forget..."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
That knight below the black knight reminds me of Grimlock, and it ain't just the stylish footwear :-?
The Thuggernaut
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm
Watch The Thuggernaut on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
cool art and design. but these do not look like transformers.
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby RiddlerJ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm

If Hasbro was smart, they'd release a retool of DOTM Shockwave with the two heads. Easy new figure.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Metro Prime » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
El Duque wrote: Image

Rack N' Ruin, is that you?
El Duque wrote: Image

Am I the only one who thinks this looks more like a torso with a bunch of arms and a giant eye in its chest than a hand?
RiddlerJ wrote:If Hasbro was smart, they'd release a retool of DOTM Shockwave with the two heads. Easy new figure.

To accomodate an extra head, either the entire upper body would have to be extensively (and I do mean extensively) retooled, or the heads would be extremely tiny.
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Wait, so two-headed Shockwave drone was actually conceptualized? They didn't just lazily re-use the character model with a different head?

I honestly don't know if that makes it better or worse.

Someone must just REALLY hate Shockwave to constantly waste and abuse his character for these movies.
Shuttershock
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Wait, so two-headed Shockwave drone was actually conceptualized? They didn't just lazily re-use the character model with a different head?

I honestly don't know if that makes it better or worse.

Someone must just REALLY hate Shockwave to constantly waste and abuse his character for these movies.
Shuttershock
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah, that's kinda odd. I mean, I know every little thing needs to be conceptualized, but with "Two Head" it seems like somebody could've just modified the Shockwave model, or even just photoshop the preexisting concept art. Do they really need finished work-level pieces for everything?

Incidentally, I would LOVE to see rough draft, million ideas on one page-type concept art. I assume those exist, it'd be very strange if the artists just went straight to finish.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2305
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ten-fingered hand is scary.

Ah, so Optimus was supposed to upgrade into his Silver Knight form when he pulled out the sword. That would have made his getting the jet boots from said upgrade a lot clearer had the upgrade been as elaborate as this design, And based on this design, I think now we can guess as to what exactly Takara's "AD31 Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime" is supposed to be.

Two Head is not merely a two-headed Shockwave, but a mirrored Shockwave, as he also has a right arm based on Shockwave's cannon-less left arm, giving him two of Shockwave's left arm's spike.

About those knights, what if... what if those knights are the original forms of the Dinobots before they got reformatted into having dino bodies? :shock:

Dude with the whips is simply named "KSI Boss" according to this backside view of it.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17080
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Ten-fingered hand is scary.

Ah, so Optimus was supposed to upgrade into his Silver Knight form when he pulled out the sword. That would have made his getting the jet boots from said upgrade a lot clearer had the upgrade been as elaborate as this design, And based on this design, I think now we can guess as to what exactly Takara's "AD31 Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime" is supposed to be.

Two Head is not merely a two-headed Shockwave, but a mirrored Shockwave, as he also has a right arm based on Shockwave's cannon-less left arm, giving him two of Shockwave's left arm's spike.

About those knights, what if... what if those knights are the original forms of the Dinobots before they got reformatted into having dino bodies? :shock:

Dude with the whips is simply named "KSI Boss" according to this backside view of it.



Ifs and buts, man. I could have dug any one of those concepts... if that's what we saw in the movie. But it seemed like every scene which could have built context and added to the mythos was left on the cutting room floor.
Shuttershock
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Autobot tap out » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:47 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
This question has been bugging me on the subject of who or what is the creator the picture of its hand doesn't really help but heaven forbid it is those quintessons.. hated them. in my opinion they made random Blitzwing look normal :BANG_HEAD:
Maximal combiners monstructor a and monstructor b merge and help defeat the evil Autobots ! - quote done by Autobot commander and also USA commander in chief TAP OUT who yields from the Unicron trilogy
User avatar
Autobot tap out
Minibot
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 am
Location: Winslow Nebraska
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot tap out wrote:This question has been bugging me on the subject of who or what is the creator the picture of its hand doesn't really help but heaven forbid it is those quintessons.. hated them. in my opinion they made random Blitzwing look normal :BANG_HEAD:
The Creators are... something possibly to be revealed in a later movie. We aren't supposed to know who or what they are at this time. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17080
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Autobot tap out » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:This question has been bugging me on the subject of who or what is the creator the picture of its hand doesn't really help but heaven forbid it is those quintessons.. hated them. in my opinion they made random Blitzwing look normal :BANG_HEAD:
The Creators are... something possibly to be revealed in a later movie. We aren't supposed to know who or what they are at this time. ;)


I take it Sabrblade, that apparantly there are spoilers in which I have no clue about and yet the rest of the crew do know of plus you know as well . I thought the back story for the movies would have the concept of primus as their creator but apparently AOE throws that out the window and cue me rambling thoughts
Maximal combiners monstructor a and monstructor b merge and help defeat the evil Autobots ! - quote done by Autobot commander and also USA commander in chief TAP OUT who yields from the Unicron trilogy
User avatar
Autobot tap out
Minibot
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 am
Location: Winslow Nebraska
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot tap out wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:This question has been bugging me on the subject of who or what is the creator the picture of its hand doesn't really help but heaven forbid it is those quintessons.. hated them. in my opinion they made random Blitzwing look normal :BANG_HEAD:
The Creators are... something possibly to be revealed in a later movie. We aren't supposed to know who or what they are at this time. ;)


I take it Sabrblade, that apparantly there are spoilers in which I have no clue about and yet the rest of the crew do know of plus you know as well . I thought the back story for the movies would have the concept of primus as their creator but apparently AOE throws that out the window and cue me rambling thoughts
What you know is what we all know. The movie's the only thing there is that has gone into this backstory, as it was created just for this movie and has ignored all previous supplementary material like the movie comics and movie novels.

Up until now, the AllSpark has been the only thing involved in the creating of the Transformers in the Movieverse origin story (one or two comics even cite Primus as having been the first Transformer made by the Cube, rather than Primus existing before the Cube).
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17080
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:04 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Nice pictures. i'm glad they weren't used for the movies,though.
Image

I love the Original G1 cartoon,Beast Wars and the Live action Movieverse.....Deal With IT!!
User avatar
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Concept Art

Postby chivesbot20 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 am

The concept arts are cool,but optimus and bee look worse than i would expect from Nizzi
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014