Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Flashwave » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:05 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sabrblade wrote:Second pic from the TCC Twitter - https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/500312605677060096

Image


That looks a lot better than I "want" it too. The face sculpt is a bit too soft in bone structure I think for Marissa, but its a nice set...
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3711
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Joe fans are concerned that this set won't be available to them unless they join the TFCC. The Retaliation bikes are TERRIBLE toys, heck you can find them on shelves now. The only thing worse than the bikes are the five points of glory figures they come with.


They should offer this exclusive to both memberships. With the downward spiral of the GI Joe fandom at the moment, having Joe fans subscribe to the Transformers Club doesn't seem like the proper strategy. Hopefully that's not what they're planning on.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Seibertron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Joe fans are concerned that this set won't be available to them unless they join the TFCC. The Retaliation bikes are TERRIBLE toys, heck you can find them on shelves now. The only thing worse than the bikes are the five points of glory figures they come with.


They should offer this exclusive to both memberships. With the downward spiral of the GI Joe fandom at the moment, having Joe fans subscribe to the Transformers Club doesn't seem like the proper strategy. Hopefully that's not what they're planning on.


I'm really torn on the idea of this exclusive. I like it, but promoting it as a Transformers and Gi Joe exclusive is really a stretch. I don't have any desire to own Flint and Lady Jaye figures because they're Marissa's parents so I'm not sure that Joe fans have a desire to own Marissa because she's their daughter. I'd be curious to hear what GI Joe fans have to say about this. I've always been under the impression that Transformers fans have been more accepting of Joe/TF crossovers than Joe fans. With no piece of Joe fiction involved here and no "Joe" incentive accessory or figure, I just don't see the appeal for Joe fans.

A better set would be to continue the GI Joe vs Transformers theme from SDCC and have a multi-pack with Marissa versus some special version of Baroness or something or do a "Fairborn" family pack with Marissa, Flint and Lady Jaye ... throw in a mini-comic that involves time travel or worm holes and all of those characters can exist together at the same time or have a multi faceted storyline where something that happens in the past affects Marissa's future or something along those lines.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ZeroWolf wrote:
shajaki wrote:i cant help but think... arent there bike-formers they could have used that would fit a gijoe? only remolding would probably be the handlebars to fit a joe hand.

Wouldn't movieverse arcee fit a Joe?


Yes she does!

Image
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
shajaki wrote:i cant help but think... arent there bike-formers they could have used that would fit a gijoe? only remolding would probably be the handlebars to fit a joe hand.

Wouldn't movieverse arcee fit a Joe?


Yes she does!
Unfortunately, that's one of the molds the Club can never use.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16932
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.


I agree. I've been saying for years that using GI Joe figures as the humans from the Transformers Universe has been a severely missed opportunity.

The "everything must be in scale" folks are driving me crazy that they'd rather have sub-par horrible looking Human Alliance figures instead of figures that look decent. These are as out of scale to Classics and Movie toys as G1 Devastator is to G1 Jetfire and G1 Optimus Prime (and, well, just about everyone else from that era too). Not everything has to be "in scale" (though playing devil's advocate, Generations Tankor and Universe Galvatron should have both been at least Voyager figures and Ultra Class Powerglide would have been fine as a Voyager or a Deluxe).

I think this set would have been more awesome had Dirk been made from a Joe figure to go in a multi-pack with Marissa. No one is going to buy a Dirk figure alone but this would have been an awesome chance to do this.

A G.I. Joe G.B. Blackrock figure would also be awesome. None of this silly Kre-o business!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
shajaki wrote:i cant help but think... arent there bike-formers they could have used that would fit a gijoe? only remolding would probably be the handlebars to fit a joe hand.

Wouldn't movieverse arcee fit a Joe?


Yes she does!
Unfortunately, that's one of the molds the Club can never use.


And thank goodness too! I wouldn't have wanted to see that mold used for this.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Metro Prime » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
shajaki wrote:i cant help but think... arent there bike-formers they could have used that would fit a gijoe? only remolding would probably be the handlebars to fit a joe hand.

Wouldn't movieverse arcee fit a Joe?


Yes she does!
Unfortunately, that's one of the molds the Club can never use.


And thank goodness too! I wouldn't have wanted to see that mold used for this.

Yeah, the robot mode is ugly as heck.
Image
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Flashwave » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Seibertron wrote:
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.


I agree. I've been saying for years that using GI Joe figures as the humans from the Transformers Universe has been a severely missed opportunity.

The "everything must be in scale" folks are driving me crazy that they'd rather have sub-par horrible looking Human Alliance figures instead of figures that look decent. These are as out of scale to Classics and Movie toys as G1 Devastator is to G1 Jetfire and G1 Optimus Prime (and, well, just about everyone else from that era too). Not everything has to be "in scale" (though playing devil's advocate, Generations Tankor and Universe Galvatron should have both been at least Voyager figures and Ultra Class Powerglide would have been fine as a Voyager or a Deluxe).

I think this set would have been more awesome had Dirk been made from a Joe figure to go in a multi-pack with Marissa. No one is going to buy a Dirk figure alone but this would have been an awesome chance to do this.

A G.I. Joe G.B. Blackrock figure would also be awesome. None of this silly Kre-o business!
Not wurr about others, and while I would certainly prefer my humans deluxe scaled, my earlier comment about scale was referring to the bike's size soley compared to the rider. The Joe fig in your picture to me is too small for the kind of crotch rocket that Arcee turns into. Now the PRID fig is i belive a bit smaller, so maybe it would work better.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3711
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Well, as a GI Joe fan, I effin' LOVE this! Also, are there people actually saying using GI joe scale figures for Transformer humans is wrong? Good friggin' LORD SCREW SCALE!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: I want a good toy, not some tiny little thing because of some damned concept that hasn't existed in the franchise since ever!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3344
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby bwDEPTHcharge » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:27 pm

I still think they should've used the new gen. chromia and remolded that.
bwDEPTHcharge
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Watch bwDEPTHcharge on YouTube

TFSS 2.0 Figure #4 Now Shipping!

Postby Powered Convoy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 pm

User avatar
Powered Convoy
Minibot
Posts: 151
News Credits: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:25 pm

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
bwDEPTHcharge wrote:I still think they should've used the new gen. chromia and remolded that.


It's a mold that they do not have access to just yet. Usually they wait a year or so after a mold is released to make it as so.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
http://generalsjoes.com/2014/08/15/photoshop-mock-up-of-tfcc-exclusive-marissa-faireborn-with-afterburn/


As we all expected, they’ve used G.I. Joe parts to assemble the Earth Defense Command pilot, using Cover Girl’s head, Resolute Scarlett torso, with Rise of Cobra Scarlett arms and legs. Afterburn is a repainted G.I. Joe: Retaliation Wheelblaster motorcycle.


This is what the Marissa Faireborn figure is made of.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3414
News Credits: 39
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
Flashwave wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.
Oh NOW we get pro-human comments like this.


We just needed figures of good humans. ;) I don't think anyone ever cheered for Marissa to be "accidentally" stepped on like they have for most iterations and doppelgangers of Spike is all.


If we're trying to get figures of the good humans, I'd like to state for the record that I want an Agent Fowler. Anyone with me?
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2305
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.
Oh NOW we get pro-human comments like this.


We just needed figures of good humans. ;) I don't think anyone ever cheered for Marissa to be "accidentally" stepped on like they have for most iterations and doppelgangers of Spike is all.


If we're trying to get figures of the good humans, I'd like to state for the record that I want an Agent Fowler. Anyone with me?


I'd be down for an Agent Fowler, even if he were in the style of the little Rescue Bots PVCs.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby shajaki » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Motto: "a man who wants nothing is invincible."
yeah... i didnt mean movie arcee.
*shudder*

but seriously theres other bikeformers out there.

but back to the figure, i think its a neat idea. id buy TF characters as repainted joes. only thing that wiuld suck is if this is the only one they do.
Image
Currently Seeking:
-ehobby reissue ramjet & thrust
-henkei dirge & thrust
-beast wars returns strika BR-13
-henkei dinobot MISB
For Trade: TRU 2014 MP Grimlock
User avatar
shajaki
Headmaster
Posts: 1042
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: edmonton alberta CA
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:13 pm

This is nice but I would like to see some attempt at actual Transformers figures changing into G.I. Joe vehicles instead of humans with non transforming vehicles. There was some toe dipping a while back with that Titanium Megatron and Snow Cat but they kinda backed off after that.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Motto: "I have to return some video tapes."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
That head sculpt looks really gummy right now even for a mock up, that has me really worried as to how this will look in production.
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1172
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby zopilote_z » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:06 pm

They should use the Transformers: Cybertron Ransack Mold, they don´t even have to repaint it.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... ack/569/1/
zopilote_z
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:51 pm

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
zopilote_z wrote:They should use the Transformers: Cybertron Ransack Mold, they don´t even have to repaint it.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... ack/569/1/


I updated your link to point to seibertron.com gallery instead.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23351
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
zopilote_z wrote:They should use the Transformers: Cybertron Ransack Mold, they don´t even have to repaint it.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... ack/569/1/
Yeah, cuz Marissa with Cybertron Ransack of all characters totally makes sense! >:oP
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16932
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Flashwave » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Seibertron wrote:
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.


I agree. I've been saying for years that using GI Joe figures as the humans from the Transformers Universe has been a severely missed opportunity.

The "everything must be in scale" folks are driving me crazy that they'd rather have sub-par horrible looking Human Alliance figures instead of figures that look decent. These are as out of scale to Classics and Movie toys as G1 Devastator is to G1 Jetfire and G1 Optimus Prime (and, well, just about everyone else from that era too). Not everything has to be "in scale" (though playing devil's advocate, Generations Tankor and Universe Galvatron should have both been at least Voyager figures and Ultra Class Powerglide would have been fine as a Voyager or a Deluxe).

I think this set would have been more awesome had Dirk been made from a Joe figure to go in a multi-pack with Marissa. No one is going to buy a Dirk figure alone but this would have been an awesome chance to do this.

A G.I. Joe G.B. Blackrock figure would also be awesome. None of this silly Kre-o business!
Not wurr about others, and while I would certainly prefer my humans deluxe scaled, my earlier comment about scale was referring to the bike's size soley compared to the rider. The Joe fig in your picture to me is too small for the kind of crotch rocket that Arcee turns into. Now the PRID fig is i belive a bit smaller, so maybe it would work better.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3711
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby TulioDude » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Mindmaster wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:More G1 humans in this fashion would be very nice. This is a good start.
Oh NOW we get pro-human comments like this.


We just needed figures of good humans. ;) I don't think anyone ever cheered for Marissa to be "accidentally" stepped on like they have for most iterations and doppelgangers of Spike is all.


If we're trying to get figures of the good humans, I'd like to state for the record that I want an Agent Fowler. Anyone with me?


I'd be down for an Agent Fowler, even if he were in the style of the little Rescue Bots PVCs.


Nobody gets out until we have Agent Simmons and Dutch figures.It must happen.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
TulioDude wrote:Nobody gets out until we have Agent Simmons and Dutch figures.It must happen.
Image

All that's left is Dutch. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16932
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion