Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Alec » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:propaganda and chicanery can turn anyone into an enemy of the state


True, its a shame :-x


which is why autobots as world police is a no no


Agreed :APPLAUSE:
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby dirk2243 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:propaganda and chicanery can turn anyone into an enemy of the state


True, its a shame :-x


which is why autobots as world police is a no no


Agreed :APPLAUSE:


And hence.....NEST a "Global" organization Although I hear what your saying about "enemy's of the state" and who the government deems "needs to go"
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
User avatar
dirk2243
Headmaster
Posts: 1174
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Alec » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
dirk2243 wrote:NEST a "Global" organization


i total missed that :BANG_HEAD: haha
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Superion12345 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 am

yea, NEST is a "Global" organization.
but it still make no sense that the autobots take sides and to solve human conflicts.
only that one human faction "UN" or whatever you name it, which are supposedly doing the right thing (not saying they are not), give them the right to "use" the autobots for their advantage. that seems to be wrong.

imo, they should solve their true conflicts the decepticons and cybertron.
Superion12345
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby shamone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 am

dirk2243 wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:propaganda and chicanery can turn anyone into an enemy of the state


True, its a shame :-x


which is why autobots as world police is a no no


Agreed :APPLAUSE:


And hence.....NEST a "Global" organization Although I hear what your saying about "enemy's of the state" and who the government deems "needs to go"



the thing with nest being global is

- the bots permanent base is US
- they are led by US military personnel
- the US congress/Senate (not sure which, its not my country) passed a bill demanding the autobots leave earth. was any other nation consulted, it didnt seem that way, America acted unilaterally (how unlike them) in a decision which affected the world


Nests independence is not that clear
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby dirk2243 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:55 am

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
shamone wrote:
dirk2243 wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:propaganda and chicanery can turn anyone into an enemy of the state


True, its a shame :-x


which is why autobots as world police is a no no


Agreed :APPLAUSE:


And hence.....NEST a "Global" organization Although I hear what your saying about "enemy's of the state" and who the government deems "needs to go"



the thing with nest being global is

- the bots permanent base is US
- they are led by US military personnel
- the US congress/Senate (not sure which, its not my country) passed a bill demanding the autobots leave earth. was any other nation consulted, it didnt seem that way, America acted unilaterally (how unlike them) in a decision which affected the world


Nests independence is not that clear


Well your right. But NEST is based at or was in ROTF on Diego Garcia which is 50-50 British and American Base. And usually with Joint orginazations a General/foreign equivelant of is usually only in charge for 12-18 months before being replaced by another country/leader. So.....this could just be shown as US time in charge.

Although your right in a lot of that as "I'll see your joint cheifs and raise you a president" quote from ROTF. In DOTM it was in US.....perhaps cause Ravage n Soundwave fouund out.

I'm sure if the film would have been made in and by Austrailians or the French or the Germans or whoever....it would have been based elsewhere. Since Bay made it.....It would have added to the cost of the budget to ship all those cars elsewhere, film crew, hotels....etc, etc. I think you have a great point...could have shown other countries in NEST more then they do.
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
User avatar
dirk2243
Headmaster
Posts: 1174
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Alec » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 am

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
shamone wrote:the thing with nest being global is

- the bots permanent base is US
- they are led by US military personnel
- the US congress/Senate (not sure which, its not my country) passed a bill demanding the autobots leave earth. was any other nation consulted, it didnt seem that way, America acted unilaterally (how unlike them) in a decision which affected the world


Nests independence is not that clear


thats why i didn't think nest was "global".
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby shamone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 am

dirk2243 wrote:
shamone wrote:
dirk2243 wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:propaganda and chicanery can turn anyone into an enemy of the state


True, its a shame :-x


which is why autobots as world police is a no no


Agreed :APPLAUSE:


And hence.....NEST a "Global" organization Although I hear what your saying about "enemy's of the state" and who the government deems "needs to go"



the thing with nest being global is

- the bots permanent base is US
- they are led by US military personnel
- the US congress/Senate (not sure which, its not my country) passed a bill demanding the autobots leave earth. was any other nation consulted, it didnt seem that way, America acted unilaterally (how unlike them) in a decision which affected the world


Nests independence is not that clear


Well your right. But NEST is based at or was in ROTF on Diego Garcia which is 50-50 British and American Base. And usually with Joint orginazations a General/foreign equivelant of is usually only in charge for 12-18 months before being replaced by another country/leader. So.....this could just be shown as US time in charge.

Although your right in a lot of that as "I'll see your joint cheifs and raise you a president" quote from ROTF. In DOTM it was in US.....perhaps cause Ravage n Soundwave fouund out.

I'm sure if the film would have been made in and by Austrailians or the French or the Germans or whoever....it would have been based elsewhere. Since Bay made it.....It would have added to the cost of the budget to ship all those cars elsewhere, film crew, hotels....etc, etc. I think you have a great point...could have shown other countries in NEST more then they do.


actually i forgot to mention about the potus and galloway in rotf which does seem to suggest that ultimate authority lies with in the white house

They did show very few other army personnel from around the world, one brit is all i can remember
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Alec » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
shamone wrote:actually i forgot to mention about the potus and galloway in rotf which does seem to suggest that ultimate authority lies with in the white house

They did show very few other army personnel from around the world, one brit is all i can remember


So are we saying that in the movies autobots are under nest control which is under the control of the US but possibly the UN
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby dirk2243 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:actually i forgot to mention about the potus and galloway in rotf which does seem to suggest that ultimate authority lies with in the white house

They did show very few other army personnel from around the world, one brit is all i can remember


So are we saying that in the movies autobots are under nest control which is under the control of the US but possibly the UN


Sounds good to me.......
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
User avatar
dirk2243
Headmaster
Posts: 1174
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby shamone » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:actually i forgot to mention about the potus and galloway in rotf which does seem to suggest that ultimate authority lies with in the white house

They did show very few other army personnel from around the world, one brit is all i can remember


So are we saying that in the movies autobots are under nest control which is under the control of the US but possibly the UN


it seems nest is answerable to the potus.

ther eis no mention of any other civilian governments
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Transformers/Cybertronians as deterrence ?? / Spoilers

Postby Alec » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
shamone wrote:
Alec wrote:
shamone wrote:actually i forgot to mention about the potus and galloway in rotf which does seem to suggest that ultimate authority lies with in the white house

They did show very few other army personnel from around the world, one brit is all i can remember


So are we saying that in the movies autobots are under nest control which is under the control of the US but possibly the UN


it seems nest is answerable to the potus.

ther eis no mention of any other civilian governments


oh ok sounds good!
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014