Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16651
News Credits: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby El Duque » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
IDW Publishing's Chris Ryall has updated his Tumblr account with the cover of Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 by Phil Jimenez. We've mirrored the cover below, as you can see cover confirms what many have speculated regarding Starscream's new body.


Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
idw has way too many tf comics. but some cool art in there
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
griftimus prime wrote:idw has way too many tf comics. but some cool art in there
Four is too many?

"Dark Cybertron" is just a story arc within both MTMTE and RID, six issues of each, spanning 12 issues total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16651
News Credits: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Janus Prime » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 pm

I think this is the first time we see Rattrap in robot mode. It looks like a toy would have a show accurate design (from BW).
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 229
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Convotron » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Many of the characters on this cover have current or future Generations toys...it may be much to hope but I'm hoping for new toy Dinobots that aren't Grimlock.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.


Image

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
User avatar
Convotron
City Commander
Posts: 3381
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Canadia
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
There was speculation about Starscream's new, obviously Armada-based body? We were told back at BotCon that all characters getting toys in the Generations: Thrilling 30 will be featured in Dark Cybertron. It's no surprise that Starscream would be refitted into a new body that is identical to his Armada incarnation.

Janus Prime wrote:I think this is the first time we see Rattrap in robot mode. It looks like a toy would have a show accurate design (from BW).


Nah, his robot mode was shown in issue 20 of Robots in Disguise.

Image

As for a Generations toy, he was not announced at neither BotCon nor SDCC, but it would not surprise me if Hasbro shows off even more Generations: Thrilling 30 at either next year's Toy Fair or BotCon. But I fear that instead we will be shown only the accompanying toys for the fourth film, and no further [i]Generations[/i figures. :-s
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby YoungPrime » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Hmm....anyone else getting an Anti-Monitor vibe from that Metro-Titan in the background?
Image
User avatar
YoungPrime
Minibot
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby YoungPrime » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:55 pm

El Duque wrote:IDW Publishing's Chris Ryall has updated his Tumblr account with the cover of Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 by Phil Jimenez. We've mirrored the cover below, as you can see cover confirms what many have speculated regarding Starscream's new body.


Image


Can't wait for this arc!
Image
User avatar
YoungPrime
Minibot
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Janus Prime » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:I think this is the first time we see Rattrap in robot mode. It looks like a toy would have a show accurate design (from BW).


Nah, his robot mode was shown in issue 20 of Robots in Disguise.

Image



Oh yeah, I forgot.
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 229
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Va'al » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Whoah that looks good!

I'm hoping Jhiaxus' role might mean we'll see him in some plastic form in the near future, too. :x
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6527
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Jazz813 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:50 am

Ah nice they give Starscream the Armada Body in this Cover again. I look forward on this issue. That might be interesting.
User avatar
Jazz813
Minibot
Posts: 148
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Watch Jazz813 on YouTube
Buy from Jazz813 on eBay

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Va'al wrote:I'm hoping Jhiaxus' role might mean we'll see him in some plastic form in the near future, too. :x

I'd like a nice Jhiaxus as well.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6530
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Jack Hallows » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:04 am

Motto: "no man is safe from this blade i'm packin.. i have dreams where i'm fallin', but as i hit the ground, i wake up laughin'..."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
i love idw. they've got me spending lots of dough on all these different books though.

and i gotta admit, it is kinda difficult to follow everything. but in the end it all crosses the same universe so that's cool.

idw really took transformers to the next level. i'm just curious about what they're gonna do with Impactor. i wanna see more of him. lol at his one speech bubble in rage of the dinobots.
Image
User avatar
Jack Hallows
Vehicon
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:42 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Watch Jack Hallows on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
This is looking like it may be a bit flippin' spectacular. I certainly hope so given how much IDW have been hyping it.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby MarkNL » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 am

Motto: "I keep telling you: you listen to me more, you live longer!"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
So if all the shown characters (already have or) are getting new Generations figures.. Well.. Please don't make a figure of that ugly Hot Rod design..

Certainly gonna get that Armada Starscream fig though and I hope all of the dinobots will get figures in the (near) future. This comic looks freakin' exciting.
Image
User avatar
MarkNL
Minibot
Posts: 108
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Prinsenbeek, The Netherlands
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:28 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Mark(NL) wrote:So if all the shown characters (already have or) are getting new Generations figures.. Well.. Please don't make a figure of that ugly Hot Rod design..


Hasbro's main focus is making toys of old characters who've yet to recieve a Classics update. Hot Rod already has his own update, so there's really no need to make one of him (though that would be kinda cool if they did). I could see FunPub doing Hot Rod from the Prime: Robots in Disguise Vehicon as a TFSS exclusive, or something of that nature.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Dark Cybertron #1 cover

Postby Caelus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 pm

I am surprised Arcee isn't one of the cover-characters. With the emphasis in MTMTE on Nova Prime's research into alternative methods for bolstering the Cybertronian population, I thought they might be preparing to go into more depth about Jhiaxus's experiments on her.

Instead it looks like they're getting ready to launch into a storyline about Shockwave's Ore-14 being somehow connected to Dark Energon, perhaps ultimately leading up to a Unicron storyline.

But I haven't picked up last week's issue, so I don't know what's going on.
Caelus
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9349
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014