Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby El Duque » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to Blu-ray.com we finally have a release date for the Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray. The combo pack will hit retailers on January 31st, 2012. No word on extra features at this point, but at least we have a street date.

Image


Paramount's Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its original aspect ratio of 2.39:1. Further technical details are still unknown, though it is likely the disc will have 7.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

A full list of special features has also not been confirmed. Paramount has yet to specify whether or not this 3D edition will be the feature-laden deluxe package alluded to in the studio's September press release or just the previously available bare-bones Blu-ray set with a movie-only 3D copy added.



User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Daggonit, give me extras!
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17387
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby rpetras » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
For crap sake, I just want one with a transforming case to match the first 2 movies.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
City Commander
Posts: 3273
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby noctorro » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 am

OMG you get like 5 of the same movies.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that I have Transformers DOTM and Thor with a dvd version! I only want the blu ray, why in the hell would I only have the option to buy both?

Are all blu rays going to be WITH dvd's in the future?

Stupid, lame, worthless concept!
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
when does the score cd come out?
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Daggonit, give me extras!

rpetras wrote:For crap sake, I just want one with a transforming case to match the first 2 movies.


Both seconded! I want hours of extras- deleted scenes, storyboards, featurettes, etc. And transforming cases- Ironhide and Sentinel Prime.
-Gus
948 TFs and counting. (They're like rabbits, those killer rabbits from Monty Python!)
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
Posts: 2235
News Credits: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:46 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 am

noctorro wrote:OMG you get like 5 of the same movies.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that I have Transformers DOTM and Thor with a dvd version! I only want the blu ray, why in the hell would I only have the option to buy both?

Are all blu rays going to be WITH dvd's in the future?

Stupid, lame, worthless concept!



yeah i hate that as well, we're buying the blu-ray because we want the blu-ray. we dont want to go backwards in technology. if they are that determined to force this crap, at least make a blu-ray only version of each. some studios do that but it seems less and less now. and if they dont have a dvd, its a digital copy or even both.

and whats worse is that here in canada, they are a little more expensive than they would be without those extra discs.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I thought they said it was supposed to be released on December 6th, damnit!
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4053
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Bouncy X wrote:
noctorro wrote:OMG you get like 5 of the same movies.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that I have Transformers DOTM and Thor with a dvd version! I only want the blu ray, why in the hell would I only have the option to buy both?

Are all blu rays going to be WITH dvd's in the future?

Stupid, lame, worthless concept!



yeah i hate that as well, we're buying the blu-ray because we want the blu-ray. we dont want to go backwards in technology. if they are that determined to force this crap, at least make a blu-ray only version of each. some studios do that but it seems less and less now. and if they dont have a dvd, its a digital copy or even both.

and whats worse is that here in canada, they are a little more expensive than they would be without those extra discs.


It also comes with a copy on Betamax and a copy of the soundtrack on 8-Track
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby cotss2012 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Those discs cost about 10 cents each to manufacture. The rest of the price tag is packaging, shipping, advertising, royalties, etc... so they might as well throw in a DVD for the hell of it. I bought the Tron Legacy Blu-Ray, which came with a DVD. I kept the DVD for myself and let my family have the Blu-Ray because I don't have anything that can play Blu-Rays.

I don't see why you guys are whining about getting free stuff.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm

cotss2012 wrote:Those discs cost about 10 cents each to manufacture. The rest of the price tag is packaging, shipping, advertising, royalties, etc... so they might as well throw in a DVD for the hell of it. I bought the Tron Legacy Blu-Ray, which came with a DVD. I kept the DVD for myself and let my family have the Blu-Ray because I don't have anything that can play Blu-Rays.

I don't see why you guys are whining about getting free stuff.


because its a pointless item i dont want, need or will ever use. dvd buyers have the option of only getting the dvd if they dont want the blu, dont see why they cant do the same for the other way. like i said there are titles that do offer the choice of blu only or blu+dvd but its getting rarer these days.

and it sorta defeats the purpose of advancing technology. blu is meant to be the new format to replace dvd, so why not give it the chance to get to that point. and even if it doesn't, then just sell both and let each group decide what they want and not force one to get it all when they dont want it all.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby cotss2012 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Blu-Ray isn't supposed to replace DVD any more than DVD was supposed to replace CD. Blu-Rays and their players cost a little bit more to make and they're much more sensitive to damage, and not everyone needs the extra resolution or disc space.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

cotss2012 wrote:Blu-Ray isn't supposed to replace DVD any more than DVD was supposed to replace CD. Blu-Rays and their players cost a little bit more to make and they're much more sensitive to damage, and not everyone needs the extra resolution or disc space.


of course dvds weren't gonna replace cds, its two different forms of entertainment. dvds replaced vhs just like cds replaced cassette tapes which they themselves replaced 8-track tapes. they were each the next step in evolution for watching/listening to the entertainment. although in film's case, we did have an attempt with laserdisc but that died fast and quick but of course dvd holds many similarities as far as style and content go, especially in the early days.

and now blu-ray is that next step. its just suffering from the fact its not the giant leap that dvd was from vhs. its basically just a better version of a dvd so the average joe can't be bothered to really get into it and most are just not informed well enough. i mean blu-ray is finally a mainstream thing and some people still believe they "have to" replace their dvd library and thats a main reason they dont bother. of course if they did their homework they'd realize there's no need for that unless you choose to as the blu-ray player plays both.

although even the "informed" have issues to deal with. can't count how often i see people on HD forums/websites complain that a certain movie has hit the format. as if blu-ray was just made for specific movies or genres. lol

but of course dvd got big and accepted really fast. its to the point you have grandparents who have no problem watching and using them. so i'm sure dvd will be around a while and wont disappear into nothing like vhs did anytime soon. which is even more reason why its so pointless to include them with blu-ray movies.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby cotss2012 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

CD, DVD, and BD are all data storage standards. They are not, in any way, "different forms of entertainment". CDs can be used for general data storage and transmission (like computer software), or as audio CDs, or as VCDs, or as SVCDs, or whatever. DVDs can also be used for data storage, or for movies, and hey look, even audio! Now we have not just movies, but PS3 games on Blu-Ray, too.

So, as I said before, Blu-Ray will not replace DVD any more than DVD replaced CD.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon 3-D Blu-ray Available January 31st

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:45 am

cotss2012 wrote:CD, DVD, and BD are all data storage standards. They are not, in any way, "different forms of entertainment". CDs can be used for general data storage and transmission (like computer software), or as audio CDs, or as VCDs, or as SVCDs, or whatever. DVDs can also be used for data storage, or for movies, and hey look, even audio! Now we have not just movies, but PS3 games on Blu-Ray, too.

So, as I said before, Blu-Ray will not replace DVD any more than DVD replaced CD.


well i thought since its a whole thread about a home video release of a movie, it was pretty much assumed the whole dvd/blu talk was in regards to movies only.

but anyway....it doesnt matter.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014