Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby rpetras » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Burn wrote:Green Lantern is worse than Twilight? What the hell is wrong with you man? Don't tell me you're one of THEM.



As bad as the Twilight stuff is, it can still be appreciated in a "Megasquid vs Giant Octopus", so bad you have to laugh at it, kind of way.

Jack and Jill, on the other hand. No. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
City Commander
Posts: 3260
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 am

rpetras wrote:As bad as the Twilight stuff is, it can still be appreciated in a "Megasquid vs Giant Octopus", so bad you have to laugh at it, kind of way.


You sound like you watched the Twilight movies ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38543
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:22 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Burn wrote:
rpetras wrote:As bad as the Twilight stuff is, it can still be appreciated in a "Megasquid vs Giant Octopus", so bad you have to laugh at it, kind of way.


You sound like you watched the Twilight movies ...

I watched one of them, and while those where the worst 3 hours of my life, it still provided me with loads of joke material.

While Green Lantern, is well, a horrible movie featuring Green Lantern.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13891
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby RhA » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:51 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sucker Punch should win by a landslide. That movie was packed with so much ass and dookie.

She dances and everyone forgets! And there we go again, watching another useless action scene!
Image
Latest TF: Energon Landmine, DOTM Topspin & AOE Galvatron.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4172
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Mykltron » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:08 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Worst Movie of the Year? Oh come on. Idiots.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6084
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:16 am

Dead Metal wrote:
Burn wrote:
rpetras wrote:As bad as the Twilight stuff is, it can still be appreciated in a "Megasquid vs Giant Octopus", so bad you have to laugh at it, kind of way.


You sound like you watched the Twilight movies ...

I watched one of them, and while those where the worst 3 hours of my life, it still provided me with loads of joke material.

While Green Lantern, is well, a horrible movie featuring Green Lantern.


You're choosing Robert Paterson over Ryan "I screwed up two comic book characters but I'm still awesome" Reynolds.

You're man card, please be giving it to me now.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38543
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby TulioDude » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Hater gonna hate.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Burn wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Burn wrote:
rpetras wrote:As bad as the Twilight stuff is, it can still be appreciated in a "Megasquid vs Giant Octopus", so bad you have to laugh at it, kind of way.


You sound like you watched the Twilight movies ...

I watched one of them, and while those where the worst 3 hours of my life, it still provided me with loads of joke material.

While Green Lantern, is well, a horrible movie featuring Green Lantern.


You're choosing Robert Paterson over Ryan "I screwed up two comic book characters but I'm still awesome" Reynolds.

You're man card, please be giving it to me now.

Robert Pattison at least knows he's in crap and openly hates and trolls Twilight, which actually kinda makes him more awesome than Reynolds.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13891
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby cotss2012 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Dead Metal wrote:Well, the fact that it goes up against Green Arrow in Worst picture of the year lets you know that it won't be taking that award home.


Green Arrow?
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:33 pm

More film critic funded "worst movie" awards that amount to them circle-jerking about how important their opinions are(n't)?

To quote John Malcovich in DoTM:

"Impress me." >:oP
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Delta Magnus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 am

Motto: "Freelance shitposting agent, yes?"
Weapon: Megaton Battle Sword
Basically, the way that these awards work is, if the film is just, well, enjoyable (which DOTM was) and doesn't pretend to be anything more, then it's automatically terrible. Also, in the film world, if you say anything good about Michael Bay then you get attacked with LOL EXPLOSIONS TROLOLOLO. But then film critics stopped being about actually giving proper reviews a long time ago, in favour of finding funnier ways of saying "THIS FILM SUCKS LOL".

Unfortunately, not only has the Transformers movie franchise got normal "critic" stupidity up against it, it also has the people going "OMG IT'S NOT G1 THEREFORE IT SUCKS!!!!". I for one thought the new aesthetic was a breath of fresh air, infinitely preferable to the G1 "stack of rectangles" look, with no proper joints and horrific size changing and deformation.

And come on, who honestly watches a giant robot film for the plot? (Unless it's Neon Genesis Evangelion, and let's face it, they weren't trying for anything remotely like that).
5mm posts FTW!
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I cant get into Combiner Wars.. the combined mode doesn't look like its flush, as if they're just upscaling PCCs.

I know what you mean. It looks like they took 5 robots and combined them into one big robot. It doesn't make any sense!
User avatar
Delta Magnus
Pretender
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: Scuzzy bar in Kaon
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Red 50 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
cotss2012 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Well, the fact that it goes up against Green Arrow in Worst picture of the year lets you know that it won't be taking that award home.


Green Arrow?


Whoa, Metal, get your facts straight.

As much as I know, there is no movie of Green Arrow.
The only thing about Green Arrow is the 2012 TV series titled "Arrow"

Let's be not mixing up autobots and gobots
for only stupid we make ourselves look
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Seriously? You're going to drag up an argument that's a year old?
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38543
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby Red 50 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:52 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
To be fair I am a little nuts on the top floor, so yeah.
;)
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon: Golden Schmoes nominations

Postby lovesun » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 am

How are you!I'm new!
lovesun
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:15 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014