Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Dorkimus » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 am

Awwwwww...how sad. Well don't worry. Maybe TF3 can still win some Razzie-awards.
User avatar
Dorkimus
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby optimuscarlos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

Motto: "A custom toy is not a toy, is art"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
To be honest I think Transformers movies are not oscars material.

Actually, the only thing I can rescue from the movies are the redesigns of the characters which I like the most.
I didn't even bought all the characters toys, I just pick the ones I thought were the best executed.

I only watched transformers on the theater once each, and I haven't been interested on watch them again, not even on cable.

Transformers Prime is a much better show. I have watched the entire first season twice, while I wait for the second.
You don't need to dinamite every single pixel on screen or to make a close up of some blonde ass to make something
that people will want to watch over and over.

I don't hate transformers movies, I liked them while I was on the theater.
But they have a flavor that don't last enough.
User avatar
optimuscarlos
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 am
Location: Costa Rica
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 am

Starscream GaGa wrote:People the awards are NOT about how much they got in box office!

I agree and in the categories TF3 was nominated, it's still about how sound or effects assist to tell the story. With all the TF films, story took a back seat to great, in-your-face effects.

TF3 was probably the most technically advanced film of the year. I think we can all agree on that. But the better story always wins the day in Hollywood, especially when awards season roles around.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 am

Eh, not surprised. Hugo was obviously going to be the "movie that no one heard of that won all the awards" since we first heard the nominations.

It's not like DotM's billions earned, upcoming sequel, theme park ride, and toys are in any way tarnished.
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2271
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seriously, did anyone really think that DOTM would win?

I'm more interested in the comedy awards anyway, at least those are mostly funny.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13792
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
MINDVVIPE wrote:HAH, all that work and it loses to a movie thats much more story driven.


And you'd be kidding yourself if you think if Transformers was more story driven than it was (like the movie or not, it did have a story) that it would have had a chance against movies like HUGO.
The Academy awards are not for movies like TF. Heck, IMO, Planet of the Apes proabably should have won, but we all know it never had a chance either.

Starscream GaGa wrote:And so the onslaught of fan boys begins...

"Oscars are bullshit WAH!"
"Oscars are fixed WAH!"
"Nobody cares about Oscars anyway WAH!"

Sorry guys, Hugo was extremely well received. DOTM was not. Everyone knew it had no chance of winning.


And if they did win all three, or even one award all the haters would be saying the exact same thing.
"The Oscars suck anyhow WAH!"
"The story still sucked WAH!"
Ah man. Now Micheal Bay's ego is going to be bigger than ever and we'll never get a propper TF movieWAH, WAH, WAH!!!"
..And so on and so. Its a double edge sword really.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby TulioDude » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Seibertron wrote:Transformers Dark of the Moon lost to Hugo for Sound Editing. :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:

And it lost again to Huge for Sound Mixing :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:


I wonder if was like that just because Michael Bay is the director.

5150 Cruiser wrote: And if they did win all three, or even one award all the haters would be saying the exact same thing.
"The Oscars suck anyhow WAH!"
"The story still sucked WAH!"
Ah man. Now Micheal Bay's ego is going to be bigger than ever and we'll never get a propper TF movieWAH, WAH, WAH!!!"
..And so on and so. Its a double edge sword really.

I agree.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I never even heard of this damn movie. The worst movies always win at the Oscars. That's why I didn't give a damn about it in the first place.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4003
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby prowl123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
How could DotM lose all three awards to Hugo? There weren't even any good effects in Hugo! There weren't any good sounds either. Hugo was all-around average. DotM should have won at least the special effects awards.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Dorkimus » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:I never even heard of this damn movie.


Well, that is just your problem I guess.

BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.

The worst movies always win at the Oscars


See. Isn't that just great that TF didn't win anything? Thank god for that... So why are you so upset :grin: ?
User avatar
Dorkimus
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Dorkimus wrote: BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.



Like i said, its a double edge sword. If the movie had won awards many of the "haters" would have made simular excuses that those that are upset that the movie didn't win. Now keep in mind i said many and not all. many here that have called "bullshit" vocalized before hand that they knew DOTM weren't going to win. Once i saw the nominees i knew DOTM along with others that were truely worthy of the visual awards (planet of the Apes), they weren't going to win. They rarely if ever do. These awards always focus on the "arts-y" type movies. NOt action pop corn flicks.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby RhA » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Dorkimus wrote: BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.



Like i said, its a double edge sword. If the movie had won awards many of the "haters" would have made simular excuses that those that are upset that the movie didn't win. Now keep in mind i said many and not all. many here that have called "bullshit" vocalized before hand that they knew DOTM weren't going to win. Once i saw the nominees i knew DOTM along with others that were truely worthy of the visual awards (planet of the Apes), they weren't going to win. They rarely if ever do. These awards always focus on the "arts-y" type movies. NOt action pop corn flicks.


Really though, I think it's bullpoop, TF's or not.
Image
Latest TF: Generations Bumblebee and Blazemaster, G1 Dreadwing & G1 Darkwind.
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby starscreamreturns » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Damn Hugo....
Transformers 4
will be amazing!
heres a little preview
:D :grin: :shock: :michaelbay: :BOT: :CON: :michaelbay: :BOT: :CON: :michaelbay: :BOT: :michaelbay: :CON: :michaelbay: :BOT: :CON: :michaelbay: :D :grin: :BOWDOWN:
starscreamreturns
Minibot
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm

I believe I speak factually when I say that the Oscars are one of the greatest examples of the term "circlejerk" in human history.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sodan-1 wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The movies that win these awards were only made to win awards.

And the Transformers movies were only made to make money, so what exactly qualifies as a good movie? That is a question that can only be answered by your own opinion and applies only to you.

Evil_the_Nub wrote:I quit caring about the Oscars a long time ago because of that, this is yet another nail in that coffin.

And if Transformers had won an Oscar you'd be saying that the Oscars had finally changed their ways and started to improve. Let's be honest, there's going to be quite a bit of bias floating around no matter which side of the fence you come down on. I could argue that if it wasn't for the Oscars then movies like The King's Speech, A Beautiful Mind or Gandhi would never win an award.

If it weren't for the Oscars movies like The King's Speech, A Beautiful Mind, and Gandhi would never have been made. That's my point, they make the same cookie cutter Oscarbait movies every year just so they can win a trophy and feel important. Rarely are these movies memorable. Take 2008 for example, what won best picture? Slumdog Millionaire. What else came out in 2008? The Dark Knight, which wasn't even nominated. Which movie has already been forgotten and which is going to be a classic? I'll give you a clue, nobody is eager to see The Slumdog Rises. They give these trophies to the movies that follow the same formula, whether or not they're the best. That's what makes it a circle jerking joke. It's not "Best Picture" or "Best Visual Effects" it's Best Picture and Visual Effects that follows the same recipe year after year.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I'm not argueing the credibility of the oscar nominations and picks, i'm just pointing out how sad it is that a movie that is pretty much only about the special effects (not characters or stories or emotion) failed to win. ITS FUNNY... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH!
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Evil_the_Nub wrote:If it weren't for the Oscars movies like The King's Speech, A Beautiful Mind, and Gandhi would never have been made. That's my point, they make the same cookie cutter Oscarbait movies every year just so they can win a trophy and feel important. Rarely are these movies memorable. Take 2008 for example, what won best picture? Slumdog Millionaire. What else came out in 2008? The Dark Knight, which wasn't even nominated. Which movie has already been forgotten and which is going to be a classic? I'll give you a clue, nobody is eager to see The Slumdog Rises. They give these trophies to the movies that follow the same formula, whether or not they're the best. That's what makes it a circle jerking joke. It's not "Best Picture" or "Best Visual Effects" it's Best Picture and Visual Effects that follows the same recipe year after year.


OK, two things here:

The Dark Knight is part of nerd culture and already had a huge fanbase because of the previous Batman comics, movies and TV shows. It got a huge amount of attention due to Heath Ledger dying and actually did win a lot of awards. Slumdog Millionare was a stand-alone movie.

Secondly, DOTM is not a classic and simple things like Hugh Jackman's opening to the 2008 Oscars is far more memorable than the entire flick.

I'm not denying there is such a thing as Oscar bait, but really, I can just imagine the fanwank that would occur had DOTM won an award. This site, for instance, would be shoe-horning "Oscar-Award Winning DOTM" on every second news post. Transfans would care if DOTM had won an award.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:I'm not argueing the credibility of the oscar nominations and picks, i'm just pointing out how sad it is that a movie that is pretty much only about the special effects (not characters or stories or emotion) failed to win. ITS FUNNY... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH!


It is sad that what we're supposed to see as the most knowledgeable source of quality in the film industry has devolved into a self gratifying clusterfrak that is the modern Academy. Remember this is the same group of people that gave animated films their own "best picture" category rather than even consider them for a true Best Picture award. Nowadays the Academy is at best a joke held in high regard by those who can't let go and believe them to still be a group who's opinions are valid.

A fan of film who knows their stuff would not consider anything from the Oscars as a sign of quality. Studio pay offs and radical conservatism win more Oscars than quality film making.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yeah, studio pay-offs win Oscars. THAT'S why so many independent films win.

Oh wait.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:Yeah, studio pay-offs win Oscars. THAT'S why so many independent films win.

Oh wait.


Willfully missing the "extreme conservative views" part much? Many of those independent films that win are some of the most oscar-bait crap I've ever seen. The Oscars are a joke no matter how you swing it.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:Willfully missing the "extreme conservative views" part much? Many of those independent films that win are some of the most oscar-bait crap I've ever seen. The Oscars are a joke no matter how you swing it.


My bad. I focused on the entirely ridiculous part of your post instead of the whiny.

I'm really not getting the whole hate for the Oscars thing. There is no monetary award and getting an Oscar wouldn't make people think DOTM is any better than it already isn't.

There's still a lot of good things about the Oscars. It's a red-carpet event so we get some of the best fashions for the year, when the host is good we get funny performances and if nobody cares about who wins the awards it's not hurting anyone.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Willfully missing the "extreme conservative views" part much? Many of those independent films that win are some of the most oscar-bait crap I've ever seen. The Oscars are a joke no matter how you swing it.


My bad. I focused on the entirely ridiculous part of your post instead of the whiny.

I'm really not getting the whole hate for the Oscars thing. There is no monetary award and getting an Oscar wouldn't make people think DOTM is any better than it already isn't.

There's still a lot of good things about the Oscars. It's a red-carpet event so we get some of the best fashions for the year, when the host is good we get funny performances and if nobody cares about who wins the awards it's not hurting anyone.


I always did love your ability to resort to insulting people rather than try to bring up a convincing argument.

You've also gone and proven you think that it's a glorified popularity contest with your latter statement. So by extension why do you care if Transformers didn't win? It sure seemed worth laughing at didn't it. :roll:

Since you must know, Oscar hate is valid because any institution that tries to apply quality in an untrustworthy way is worth condemnation. It's the same reason video game reviewers are looked upon with scorn since no AAA title is released without all the big name critics in the pocket of developers.

It works the same way with film critics too, lest you forget Ebert thought Garfield and Knowing where four star quality. :lol:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
RhA wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Dorkimus wrote: BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.



Like i said, its a double edge sword. If the movie had won awards many of the "haters" would have made simular excuses that those that are upset that the movie didn't win. Now keep in mind i said many and not all. many here that have called "bullshit" vocalized before hand that they knew DOTM weren't going to win. Once i saw the nominees i knew DOTM along with others that were truely worthy of the visual awards (planet of the Apes), they weren't going to win. They rarely if ever do. These awards always focus on the "arts-y" type movies. NOt action pop corn flicks.


Really though, I think it's bullpoop, TF's or not.


Oh, i agree with you. Back in the 70's Dustin hoffman called the Oscars the biggest joke of the film industry. Making claims that it was rigged and that everyone knew who was going to win before they even won... That is untill, he won an Oscar. all of a sudden it was the biggest honor in his career. :HEADHURTS:

Starscream GaGa wrote: Transfans would care if DOTM had won an award.


So would you care if did win an award? Would you actually aknowledge DOTM is being good in the related catagorey it won?
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Heavy B » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Watching the colbert report. I know he's a parody of real pundits, but still nice to see someone stick up for DOTM
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:I always did love your ability to resort to insulting people rather than try to bring up a convincing argument.

Except not, because what you said was the entirely unbacked up argument and instead of rebutting me, you turned to the fact that you had said something else in the post. So, please, don't insult my ability to argue,

Capt.Failure wrote:You've also gone and proven you think that it's a glorified popularity contest with your latter statement. So by extension why do you care if Transformers didn't win? It sure seemed worth laughing at didn't it. :roll:

Um, no. Being entertained by the entertainment in the Oscar awards proves nothing. It just means I don't find it boring.
And I really don't care if they won or didn't win, I do care that Transfans are making a gigantic deal over the fact that they didn't win, even though they knew they wouldn't.

5150 Cruiser wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote: Transfans would care if DOTM had won an award.


So would you care if did win an award? Would you actually aknowledge DOTM is being good in the related catagorey it won?

Did I say that it wasn't good in the categories in was nominated in? Ever?
Nope. Because it DID have good Visual Effects and Sound mixing.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014