Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby El Duque » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
YouTube member optibotimus has posted an early video review of the upcoming Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid. Air Raid will accompany Darksteel, and Autobot Armor Topspin in Transformers DOTM Deluxe wave five due to release shortly. His review has been embedded below for easy viewing.

User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9878
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby BIGGUY007 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:12 am

Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger tool."
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
PASS!! I'm not a big fan of the colors and I don't like how the tail section is on his arm there and I don't like how spindly his legs and arms are. FAIL Hasbro!!
Image
PRIMED SINCE '83!
User avatar
BIGGUY007
Micromaster
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 am
Location: London, KY
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby LiKwid » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:35 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Very underwhelming... :roll:
Image

Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
User avatar
LiKwid
Gestalt
Posts: 2080
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: San Antonio Tx
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*laughs*

Not a chance in Hell.

That made him look worse, actually. I think Optibotimus was trying to reassure himself.
What a horrible figure.

The only thing I'll give him is the face. It is pretty impressive.
Ah, this year's Blazemaster.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8706
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby Autobot Genocide » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am

Motto: ""Hey don't worry me and my squad of ultimate bad ass's will protect you""
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Optibotimus Reviews make me laugh ive watched fair few now and its so funny how many of his toys brake or parts fall off.
Autobot Genocide
Gestalt
Posts: 2319
News Credits: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: 3RDP Forum

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:41 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Autobot Genocide wrote:Optibotimus Reviews make me laugh ive watched fair few now and its so funny how many of his toys brake or parts fall off.


I've seen about 3 or 4 of them. One of them being the Knight Morpher Commander, and if I recall correctly, it broke during the review as well.

Either he has rotten luck or hamfists it.

I think it's a mix of both. Peaugh, on the other hand... "RARGH! HULK SMASH ALL THE THINGS!" and they never seem to break. O_O
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8706
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby Joetx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 am

Other than the fact that he doesn't have a right hand, I actually like this figure. His head is cool & his colors are distinctive. You guys can pass on him, but I won't.
Joetx
Fuzor
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby Rated X » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I love it !!! A plane that transforms into a power ranger !!!

I like the plane mode so I will get it though...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5616
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby omega666 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 am

Autobot032 wrote:*laughs*

Not a chance in Hell.

That made him look worse, actually. I think Optibotimus was trying to reassure himself.
What a horrible figure.


He does that a lot in his videos. Gets crappy figures but tries to convince himself that they're awesome. This figures is just bad. Easy pass.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
omega666
Gestalt
Posts: 2115
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:55 pm
Watch omega666 on YouTube
Buy from omega666 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby OlivusPrime » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:44 am

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
This figure seems more TF: Prime than DOTM in style to me.

No non-movie characters = pass for me.
Image

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
User avatar
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: In the United Kingdom, without Wave 3/4 :(
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Still Do want. Still will get. Mind not changed.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
OlivusPrime wrote:This figure seems more TF: Prime than DOTM in style to me.



I think I agree. I'm surprised I didn't really think of that until now.

Other than the flail hand, it's not too bad. But in this color scheme I think I'll pass. It needs to get an Octane repaint, it would be an easy buy for me then.
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8701
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby GODpulse » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:38 am

I Still like it. Have to go find myself one which shouldn't be hard since everyone's passing it up.
User avatar
GODpulse
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 4:41 am
Buy from GODpulse on eBay

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby optibotimus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:39 am

Autobot032 wrote:That made him look worse, actually. I think Optibotimus was trying to reassure himself.


What exactly am i trying to reassure myself of? I do like the figure. Even to the point that as i kept filming, i grew to like it more. I don't understand why EVERYONE has to have the same likes and dislikes. If i like something someone else dislikes, i'm "reassuring" myself...if i dislike something like a lot of people like (I.E. the deluxe DOTM twin figures)...i'm being "too hard". Everyone has different likes and dislikes, reviews naturally cater to the reviewers personal opinions. From that, you're able to determine that it makes it looks worse, in your opinion, in this case. But when it comes down to it, it's all about opinions. I don't devalue or question your opinion on why the review makes it look worse. I don't see how it's fair that you devalue my opinion just because i do happen to like him.
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 350
News Credits: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby optibotimus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 am

Autobot032 wrote:
Autobot Genocide wrote:Optibotimus Reviews make me laugh ive watched fair few now and its so funny how many of his toys brake or parts fall off.


I've seen about 3 or 4 of them. One of them being the Knight Morpher Commander, and if I recall correctly, it broke during the review as well.

Either he has rotten luck or hamfists it.

I think it's a mix of both. Peaugh, on the other hand... "RARGH! HULK SMASH ALL THE THINGS!" and they never seem to break. O_O


I don't really think many of my figures break or whatever. I've done over 500 videos and as you've said, you've seen 3 or 4. That's a pretty low percentage of breakages.
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 350
News Credits: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby optibotimus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:43 am

omega666 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:*laughs*

Not a chance in Hell.

That made him look worse, actually. I think Optibotimus was trying to reassure himself.
What a horrible figure.


He does that a lot in his videos. Gets crappy figures but tries to convince himself that they're awesome. This figures is just bad. Easy pass.


Crappy figures in YOUR opinion and it's an easy pass for YOU. I'm not trying to convince myself of anything, if i like something, i like it. If i don't, well...
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 350
News Credits: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
optibotimus wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:That made him look worse, actually. I think Optibotimus was trying to reassure himself.


What exactly am i trying to reassure myself of? I do like the figure. Even to the point that as i kept filming, i grew to like it more. I don't understand why EVERYONE has to have the same likes and dislikes. If i like something someone else dislikes, i'm "reassuring" myself...if i dislike something like a lot of people like (I.E. the deluxe DOTM twin figures)...i'm being "too hard". Everyone has different likes and dislikes, reviews naturally cater to the reviewers personal opinions. From that, you're able to determine that it makes it looks worse, in your opinion, in this case. But when it comes down to it, it's all about opinions. I don't devalue or question your opinion on why the review makes it look worse. I don't see how it's fair that you devalue my opinion just because i do happen to like him.

:APPLAUSE:
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby ShardFenix » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:46 pm

I want to like this guy I really do. Im not a huge fan of weapon-hands though. If I see him for cheap ill definitely pick him up
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 525
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
my only Gripe, Is that more could have been done with that Radar dish. I mean, cram a sawblade in there or split it into a claw (Generic I know) Those would be alittle better than ONE gun nozzle.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Optibotimus saved my fingers some energy on this thread. -_-

Anyways, like Botimus and BeastProwl, I do in fact like this figure. I do agree that it gives more of a G1 feel (you might feel that way because of the easily detachable hand and the inner-legs) and it might be a little bit like TF: Prime at the same time (head armor).

Gladitor-bot :P
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5379
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby scypris115 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Motto: ""You don't find death..death finds you!!""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It's one thing to not like the figure but hasbro didn't fail at anything so you should really keep your mouth shut if your gonna be such a big baby about it.. So I actually like this figure no little messed up video or the people who TRY to sound like the figure is bad or saying hasbro failed is gonna change my mind! So you don't have to sound like it's a horrible figure just say pass or whatever but don't freaking put anyone or hasbro down buy your insults.. If you're gonna do that keep you're danm mouth shut!! Or if you wanna be technical about it don't freakin type it!!
My must haves..

DOTM: Deluxe Wheeljack (movie accurate version), Deluxe Soundwave, and Deluxe Leadfoot

Prime: Deluxe Cliffjumper, Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe Ratchet (hope its being made), Voyager Optimus Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, and Voyager Megatron (hope its being made)
User avatar
scypris115
Micromaster
Posts: 98
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
scypris115 wrote:It's one thing to not like the figure but hasbro didn't fail at anything so you should really keep your mouth shut if your gonna be such a big baby about it.. So I actually like this figure no little messed up video or the people who TRY to sound like the figure is bad or saying hasbro failed is gonna change my mind! So you don't have to sound like it's a horrible figure just say pass or whatever but don't freaking put anyone or hasbro down buy your insults.. If you're gonna do that keep you're danm mouth shut!! Or if you wanna be technical about it don't freakin type it!!


This forum gets pissier by the day. You guys need to get out more.

Optibotimus mentioned "for a non movie character" etc etc.... In my experience, its the non-movie figures that usually deliver the goods. (not saying you said the opposite optibotimus, just commenting).

I don't get a G1 feel from him, but perhaps the transformation gives that off. Other than the legs being kinda "clean", I think he has a lot of movie asthetic in the one weapon arm, the jib on elbow movement, and overall spindly look of him. Easy pass. Although, if it was made into a voyager and given better porpotions, AND made into a Decepticon...
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby ShardFenix » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:33 pm

after watching this review... i like him, sounds like he will be easy to find too.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 525
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

I like him but couldn't care less to be honest. Not on the want list by any means.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Godmaster
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Air Raid Video Review

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

Motto: "The sins of your father do not have to be your burden."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
What the eff? What happened to Air Raid being a G1 coloured version of the Thrust mold? I want THAT one!
Here is what I'm looking for:

Scout:
Windcharger (RTS), Dune Runner (HFTD), Beachcomber (ROTF), Brakedown (ROTF), Oil Pan (ROTF), Breacher (HFTD), Crankstart (HFTD), Sky Stalker (ROTF)

Deluxe:
Fallback (RTS), Mindstorm (RTS), Vehicon (FE), Cliffjumper (FE), Ratchet (B.H.), Dreadwing (B.H.), Arcee (B.H.), Knock Out (B.H.), Shadow Strike Bumblebee (B.H.), Prowl (B.H.)

Voyager:
Mindwipe (ROTF), Highbrow (HFTD), Strafe (RTS), Deep Dive (RTS)

TFCC Exclusive Over Run
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Vehicon
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014