Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
OK, so now DOTM lost all three Oscars they were nominated for, it and its cast members have now been nominated for six awards that they actually stand a chance of winning! Yay DOTM! :APPLAUSE:
Although I think Jack and Jill will probably steal DOTM's victories here, curse it! DOTM wanted some awards too!

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Patrick Dempsey, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
James Franco, Your Highness
Ken Jeong, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son / The Hangover Part 2 / Transformers: Dark of the Moon / Zookeeper
Al Pacino, Jack and Jill
Nick Swardson, Jack and Jill / Just Go With It

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Katie Holmes, Jack and Jill
Brandon T. Jackson (as "Charmaine"), Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
Nicole Kidman, Just Go With It
David Spade (as "Monica"), Jack and Jill
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Transformers: Dark of the Moon

WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Jack and Jill
New Year's Eve
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

WORST DIRECTOR
Michael Bay, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tom Brady, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Bill Condon, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Dennis Dugan, Jack and Jill / Just Go With It
Garry Marshall, New Year's Eve

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
Nicolas Cage & Anyone Sharing the Screen with Him in Any of His Three 2011 Movies
Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Adam Sandler and either Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker, Just Go With It
Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, or Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill
Kristen Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

WORST SCREENPLAY
Adam Sandler, Allen Covert, and Nick Swardson, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Steve Koren & Adam Sandler, Story by Ben Zook , Jack and Jill
Katherine Fugate, New Year's Eve
Ehren Kruger, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Melissa Rosenberg, from the Novel by Stephenie Meyer, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm

This thread would be worth something if the Razzies were relevant in any way, shape, or form. :roll:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
And yet, they are, because they are acknowledged awards.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
You know what gives me great joy?.. :D

No matter how bad you think DOTM was Starscream Gaga,..
NO matter how many "razzies" its nominated for, win or loose...

Transformers 4 is coming, and it will be directed by Micheal Bay. :michaelbay:
You can hate, you can throw a fit, you can make make fun of it, him, or whatever else you feel to make yourself feel better..

Micheal Bay will be directing TF4. Its going to happen and no amount of bitching or complaining is going to change that. Optimus Prime will be back with flames.. Bumble Bee will be a Camaro and will talk through his radio... Your childhood will be raped!! :lol: :lol:

So go ahead and hate with the Razzies. Cause i garantee you Rossie, Shia, Ehren, Patrick, and Micheal are all laughing there ass's off all the way to the bank. :DANCE: :DANCE:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Wait... What?

DOTM got nominated for 6 Razzies,every other TF forum has a thread about, this one does not, so I make a thread.
Now, excuse you, but I do NOT hate DOTM. I enjoyed it. Was it the best movie? No. Was it a great movie? No. Was it a movie that I regretted seeing? No.
Have I EVER said "my childhood was raped" have I EVER been upset that there is a Transformers 4? No and no. I am looking forward to Transformers 4. ROTF was horrible, DOTM was fair, so I'm hoping 4 will then be better than DOTM and be good.

Now, considering I wasn't even BORN in the 80s, I have no loyalty to G1, so don't insinuate that I am crying about my memories getting burned. I critically analyse the movie, I don't automatically think its awesome because its Transformers nor do I automatically hate it because its not my more favourite universe. Just because I don't LOVE DOTM does not mean I hate it nor does it mean I hate the movie franchise. God, with the amount of money I've spent on DOTM and ROTF figures, there's no way I can say I dislike the franchise or the movie designs.

So I'm sorry, but how can you come into a thread that has nothing to do with my dislike or liking of DOTM and insult me? Seriously, grow up, kid and stop putting words into my mouth.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:Wait... What?

DOTM got nominated for 6 Razzies,every other TF forum has a thread about, this one does not, so I make a thread.
Now, excuse you, but I do NOT hate DOTM. I enjoyed it. Was it the best movie? No. Was it a great movie? No. Was it a movie that I regretted seeing? No.
Have I EVER said "my childhood was raped" have I EVER been upset that there is a Transformers 4? No and no. I am looking forward to Transformers 4. ROTF was horrible, DOTM was fair, so I'm hoping 4 will then be better than DOTM and be good.


Now, considering I wasn't even BORN in the 80s, I have no loyalty to G1, so don't insinuate that I am crying about my memories getting burned. I critically analyse the movie, I don't automatically think its awesome because its Transformers nor do I automatically hate it because its not my more favourite universe. Just because I don't LOVE DOTM does not mean I hate it nor does it mean I hate the movie franchise. God, with the amount of money I've spent on DOTM and ROTF figures, there's no way I can say I dislike the franchise or the movie designs.

So I'm sorry, but how can you come into a thread that has nothing to do with my dislike or liking of DOTM and insult me? Seriously, grow up, kid and stop putting words into my mouth.


PFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No really, I can smell the bullcrap from my house. Your thinly veiled sarcasm in the opening was the least of the things that clued us in. At least try to be subtle, ok? :roll:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:Wait... What?

DOTM got nominated for 6 Razzies,every other TF forum has a thread about, this one does not, so I make a thread.
Now, excuse you, but I do NOT hate DOTM. I enjoyed it. Was it the best movie? No. Was it a great movie? No. Was it a movie that I regretted seeing? No.
Have I EVER said "my childhood was raped" have I EVER been upset that there is a Transformers 4? No and no. I am looking forward to Transformers 4. ROTF was horrible, DOTM was fair, so I'm hoping 4 will then be better than DOTM and be good.


Now, considering I wasn't even BORN in the 80s, I have no loyalty to G1, so don't insinuate that I am crying about my memories getting burned. I critically analyse the movie, I don't automatically think its awesome because its Transformers nor do I automatically hate it because its not my more favourite universe. Just because I don't LOVE DOTM does not mean I hate it nor does it mean I hate the movie franchise. God, with the amount of money I've spent on DOTM and ROTF figures, there's no way I can say I dislike the franchise or the movie designs.

So I'm sorry, but how can you come into a thread that has nothing to do with my dislike or liking of DOTM and insult me? Seriously, grow up, kid and stop putting words into my mouth.


PFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No really, I can smell the bullcrap from my house. Your thinly veiled sarcasm in the opening was the least of the things that clued us in. At least try to be subtle, ok? :roll:


Oh god. Arguing with you two is like talking to a brick wall. I give up. Talking to the two of you is like dieing on the inside.

I'm sorry, I must either LOVE or HATE DOTM, being in the middle is impossible. And I can not be looking forward to another episode in a Transformers frnachise, which will include new toys and characters, because... Um, because you say I'm not. You're right, you win. Congratulations.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Oh please.. Your not fooling anyone. Every movie thread you have been envolved with has been to deminer or critisise the movie. Don't sit there and even try and act like you did this just cause you didn't see a thread about it. Nearly every coment out of your mouth is negative.
No one is putting any words in your mouth. Your actions do that just fine. And call me a kid all you want. Concidering that i'm older than you, that just makes you a baby!(again, your actions are proving that)
Now start acting right before i take you over my knee boy! :HEADHURTS:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

GaGa, here's the problem. It's not that you must conform to extremes of love or hate, it's that you start a thread clearly claiming you are happy that DotM is nominated win Razzies. The relevance of the Razzies (and don't get me wrong, they are not relevant) is not important, nor are claims of you having to conform to extreme opinions.

What I'm calling you on is that you are essentially saying, "This is something I liked and I'm happy that it's being branded as utter crap."

It's a matter of you giving us nothing to take you seriously by.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby El Duque » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Transformers Dark of the Moon may have struck out at last night's Academy Awards, but it's got twice the chances to take home a Golden Raspberry with nominations in six categories! Transformers Dark of the Moon has been nominated in the following for this year's 32nd Annual Razzie Awards:

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
  • Patrick Dempsey - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • James Franco - Your Highness
  • Ken Jeong - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son / The Hangover Part 2 / Transformers: Dark of the Moon / Zookeeper
  • Al Pacino - Jack and Jill
  • Nick Swardson - Jack and Jill / Just Go With It

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
  • Katie Holmes - Jack and Jill
  • Brandon T. Jackson (as "Charmaine") - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
  • Nicole Kidman, Just Go With It
  • David Spade (as "Monica") - Jack and Jill
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Transformers: Dark of the Moon


WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
  • Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
  • Jack and Jill
  • New Year's Eve
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

WORST DIRECTOR
  • Michael Bay - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Tom Brady - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
  • Bill Condon - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
  • Dennis Dugan - Jack and Jill / Just Go With It
  • Garry Marshall - New Year's Eve

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
  • Nicolas Cage & Anyone Sharing the Screen with Him in Any of His Three 2011 Movies
  • Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Adam Sandler and either Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker - Just Go With It
  • Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, or Adam Sandler - Jack and Jill
  • Kristen Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1


WORST SCREENPLAY
  • Adam Sandler, Allen Covert, and Nick Swardson - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
  • Steve Koren & Adam Sandler, Story by Ben Zook - Jack and Jill
  • Katherine Fugate - New Year's Eve
  • Ehren Kruger - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Melissa Rosenberg, from the Novel by Stephenie Meyer - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:GaGa, here's the problem. It's not that you must conform to extremes of love or hate, it's that you start a thread clearly claiming you are happy that DotM is nominated win Razzies. The relevance of the Razzies (and don't get me wrong, they are not relevant) is not important, nor are claims of you having to conform to extreme opinions.

What I'm calling you on is that you are essentially saying, "This is something I liked and I'm happy that it's being branded as utter crap."

It's a matter of you giving us nothing to take you seriously by.


Its amusing, because it is. If you can't laugh at yourself and what you like, then thats your fault, not mine. I am highly amused by things that demean what I like, but that's because I don't get personally offended when things I like are insulted.

5150 Cruiser wrote:Oh please.. Your not fooling anyone. Every movie thread you have been envolved with has been to deminer or critisise the movie. Don't sit there and even try and act like you did this just cause you didn't see a thread about it. Nearly every coment out of your mouth is negative.
No one is putting any words in your mouth. Your actions do that just fine. And call me a kid all you want. Concidering that i'm older than you, that just makes you a baby!(again, your actions are proving that)
Now start acting right before i take you over my knee boy! :HEADHURTS:

Yes, a lot of my comments are negative. But that's because nearly every other comment is for. I gladly point out flaws in everything I watch. I read Naruto, doesn't mean I don't see the constant flaws and comment on them. I love watching Glee, although I wont sit back all the huge flaws they consistently make. There are PLENTY of things I love that are critically panned and I know it and I love it. It's not just DOTM, I'm just not the person who's going to sit back and say something is perfect when it very clearly isn't and I'm not going to get behind people insulting or demeaning things that are considered more perfect in order to try and make what they like seem better.

Call me baby all you want, I really don't care, kiddo.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:19 am

Starscream GaGa wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:GaGa, here's the problem. It's not that you must conform to extremes of love or hate, it's that you start a thread clearly claiming you are happy that DotM is nominated win Razzies. The relevance of the Razzies (and don't get me wrong, they are not relevant) is not important, nor are claims of you having to conform to extreme opinions.

What I'm calling you on is that you are essentially saying, "This is something I liked and I'm happy that it's being branded as utter crap."

It's a matter of you giving us nothing to take you seriously by.


Its amusing, because it is. If you can't laugh at yourself and what you like, then thats your fault, not mine. I am highly amused by things that demean what I like, but that's because I don't get personally offended when things I like are insulted.

5150 Cruiser wrote:Oh please.. Your not fooling anyone. Every movie thread you have been envolved with has been to deminer or critisise the movie. Don't sit there and even try and act like you did this just cause you didn't see a thread about it. Nearly every coment out of your mouth is negative.
No one is putting any words in your mouth. Your actions do that just fine. And call me a kid all you want. Concidering that i'm older than you, that just makes you a baby!(again, your actions are proving that)
Now start acting right before i take you over my knee boy! :HEADHURTS:

Yes, a lot of my comments are negative. But that's because nearly every other comment is for. I gladly point out flaws in everything I watch. I read Naruto, doesn't mean I don't see the constant flaws and comment on them. I love watching Glee, although I wont sit back all the huge flaws they consistently make. There are PLENTY of things I love that are critically panned and I know it and I love it. It's not just DOTM, I'm just not the person who's going to sit back and say something is perfect when it very clearly isn't and I'm not going to get behind people insulting or demeaning things that are considered more perfect in order to try and make what they like seem better.

Call me baby all you want, I really don't care, kiddo.


Mistaking "not being able to take a thing you say seriously" with "angry because you find criticism with things you like" is your malfunction in this thread, not ours. What sets me off is fallacious logic, and your posts stink of it.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:28 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:Mistaking "not being able to take a thing you say seriously" with "angry because you find criticism with things you like" is your malfunction in this thread, not ours. What sets me off is fallacious logic, and your posts stink of it.

Honey, no. The only reason you don't take it seriously is BECAUSE its criticism of things you like. My points are always valid. Yours, not so much.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:32 am

Starscream GaGa wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Mistaking "not being able to take a thing you say seriously" with "angry because you find criticism with things you like" is your malfunction in this thread, not ours. What sets me off is fallacious logic, and your posts stink of it.

Honey, no. The only reason you don't take it seriously is BECAUSE its criticism of things you like. My points are always valid. Yours, not so much.


"Nobody but me is right!"

Yep, not conceited at all. And I'm not your "honey." I have better standards than that. Now if you'll excuse me I prefer to post in threads with merit, not thinly disguised flame bait.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Mistaking "not being able to take a thing you say seriously" with "angry because you find criticism with things you like" is your malfunction in this thread, not ours. What sets me off is fallacious logic, and your posts stink of it.

Honey, no. The only reason you don't take it seriously is BECAUSE its criticism of things you like. My points are always valid. Yours, not so much.


"Nobody but me is right!"

Yep, not conceited at all. And I'm not your "honey." I have better standards than that. Now if you'll excuse me I prefer to post in threads with merit, not thinly disguised flame bait.

Oh, dear. I think you mistook a phrase I use on everyone for one chosen specially for you. Sorry! I have no interest in you lol.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Starscream GaGa wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:GaGa, here's the problem. It's not that you must conform to extremes of love or hate, it's that you start a thread clearly claiming you are happy that DotM is nominated win Razzies. The relevance of the Razzies (and don't get me wrong, they are not relevant) is not important, nor are claims of you having to conform to extreme opinions.

What I'm calling you on is that you are essentially saying, "This is something I liked and I'm happy that it's being branded as utter crap."

It's a matter of you giving us nothing to take you seriously by.


Its amusing, because it is. If you can't laugh at yourself and what you like, then thats your fault, not mine. I am highly amused by things that demean what I like, but that's because I don't get personally offended when things I like are insulted.


Its not about getting offended when the things you like are insulted. captain failure is 100% correct. Your contradicting yourself left and right. If you can't see that in this thread and nearly every other movie thread your involved in then thats your fault. You claim to like the movie yet you seem to go out of your way in attempts to prove other wise.



Starscream GaGa wrote:Yes, a lot of my comments are negative.


All of your comments about the movies are negative.

Starscream GaGa wrote: I gladly point out flaws in everything I watch. I read Naruto, doesn't mean I don't see the constant flaws and comment on them. I love watching Glee, although I wont sit back all the huge flaws they consistently make. There are PLENTY of things I love that are critically panned and I know it and I love it. It's not just DOTM, I'm just not the person who's going to sit back and say something is perfect when it very clearly isn't and I'm not going to get behind people insulting or demeaning things that are considered more perfect in order to try and make what they like seem better.

Call me baby all you want, I really don't care, kiddo.


Its one thing to point out flaws. I'll be the first to admit DOTM is far from perfect, but again, you claim to have enjoyed the movie yet every post of yours is a negative comment against it. This makes it very hard to take your defenses seriously.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
5150 Cruiser wrote: Its not about getting offended when the things you like are insulted. captain failure is 100% correct. Your contradicting yourself left and right. If you can't see that in this thread and nearly every other movie thread your involved in then thats your fault. You claim to like the movie yet you seem to go out of your way in attempts to prove other wise.

No, I didn't. You keep saying I've said things I haven't, that's completely different.

5150 Cruiser wrote: All of your comments about the movies are negative.

I was one of the first people on this forum to see the movie, because I won a competition to see it before release and my review was very positive.

5150 Cruiser wrote: Its one thing to point out flaws. I'll be the first to admit DOTM is far from perfect, but again, you claim to have enjoyed the movie yet every post of yours is a negative comment against it. This makes it very hard to take your defenses seriously.


Quite frankly I don't think you can say wether I like it or not. I want to discuss flaws when I mention flaws, not high-five over what they did right, this forum has enough of that.

And with that, I'm out. Not a single comment on this thread has been on topic. You two just brought different debates and your personal opinion on me in here and took it to hell. Tra la! Seeya!
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby robofreak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 am

Starscream GaGa, Capt. Failure, and 5150 Cruiser, all of you need to stop before things go downhill. I will issue warnings if you persist in this argument.

Please keep the conversation focused on the topic.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
City Commander
Posts: 3147
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby RhA » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
1- This thread is raping my internethood

2- Am I crazy for wanting DOTM to win everthing? If Bay would have a sense of humor, he'd attend.
Image
Check out Mr. RhA on deviant art!
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:55 am

RhA wrote:1- This thread is raping my internethood

2- Am I crazy for wanting DOTM to win everthing? If Bay would have a sense of humor, he'd attend.


I'm pretty sure Bay doesn't give a frak one way or another. His reaction to critics is generally to chuckle and say, "Get a load of this guy." Granted if critics reacted with the general childish vitriol to films I made I would also be the better man and ignore them too. Considering the Razzies are an award founded by such trol-er...sorry, "critics" it's no surprise he doesn't attend.

Granted I'd also like to see it, just so he could say, "Thank you for saying my multi-billion dollar film trilogy is somehow a failure, calling my fans and by extension your readers idiots, and making yourselves look like 4chan posters on what are supposed to be sources of professional journalism. This award will be without a doubt the most expensive piece of toilet paper I've ever used."
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby RhA » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Capt.Failure wrote:
RhA wrote:1- This thread is raping my internethood

2- Am I crazy for wanting DOTM to win everthing? If Bay would have a sense of humor, he'd attend.


I'm pretty sure Bay doesn't give a frak one way or another. His reaction to critics is generally to chuckle and say, "Get a load of this guy." Granted if critics reacted with the general childish vitriol to films I made I would also be the better man and ignore them too. Considering the Razzies are an award founded by such trol-er...sorry, "critics" it's no surprise he doesn't attend.

Granted I'd also like to see it, just so he could say, "Thank you for saying my multi-billion dollar film trilogy is somehow a failure, calling my fans and by extension your readers idiots, and making yourselves look like 4chan posters on what are supposed to be sources of professional journalism. This award will be without a doubt the most expensive piece of toilet paper I've ever used."


In a banana suit.
Image
Check out Mr. RhA on deviant art!
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 am

RhA wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
RhA wrote:1- This thread is raping my internethood

2- Am I crazy for wanting DOTM to win everthing? If Bay would have a sense of humor, he'd attend.


I'm pretty sure Bay doesn't give a frak one way or another. His reaction to critics is generally to chuckle and say, "Get a load of this guy." Granted if critics reacted with the general childish vitriol to films I made I would also be the better man and ignore them too. Considering the Razzies are an award founded by such trol-er...sorry, "critics" it's no surprise he doesn't attend.

Granted I'd also like to see it, just so he could say, "Thank you for saying my multi-billion dollar film trilogy is somehow a failure, calling my fans and by extension your readers idiots, and making yourselves look like 4chan posters on what are supposed to be sources of professional journalism. This award will be without a doubt the most expensive piece of toilet paper I've ever used."


In a banana suit.


My suppressed camp gay side would disagree. Bay's a pretty stylish dresser and wouldn't wear a banana suit. ;)
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby griftimus prime » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
it deserves all of these
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Shadowman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I really don't think DOTM was a bad movie. In fact, it was a vast improvement over the first two. Especially you, ROTF, you know what you did. It wasn't a great movie, let's be honest here, it's a Michael Bay flick; dumb but lovable. But the worst any-of-those-things? I think not. Honestly the other nominees are way worse than any of the nominees for DOTM.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28982
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers DOTM nominated for 6 Razzie Awards

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 am

Shadowman wrote:I really don't think DOTM was a bad movie. In fact, it was a vast improvement over the first two. Especially you, ROTF, you know what you did. It wasn't a great movie, let's be honest here, it's a Michael Bay flick; dumb but lovable. But the worst any-of-those-things? I think not. Honestly the other nominees are way worse than any of the nominees for DOTM.


I would argue the first two, especially the second. The critical establishment has lost touch with truly bad films. Spectacle driven entertainment has always been a part of our culture and just because it's taken a new form doesn't make it any different. The reason Bays films get these awards over truly terrible ones is twofold:

1: It's Michael Bay, who couldn't please critics if he crapped gold eggs.
2: It's easier to take a film critics didn't like that was wildly successful and dump on it further than take something godawful that slipped under the radar and trash that instead.

The Razzies are much like their Oscar counterparts, a circlejerk of supposed professionals yes manning each other. I was 100% honest when I compared modern critics to less than savory image boards. When you attack your readers for disagreeing with you then you lose your right to being called a professional.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014