Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby partholon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

YEAH baby !

:)

man i cant wait for this game. why the hell did it take THIS long for us to get the chance to play as grimlock ?

i dont care how nuts it is to have him have a t rex alt mode on cybertron, its too damn cool to pass up
partholon
Brainmaster
Posts: 1405
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:19 pm

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
partholon wrote:man i cant wait for this game. why the hell did it take THIS long for us to get the chance to play as grimlock ?
He was playable in the DS WFC game.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby partholon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

yeah but who plays them !

:) :) :)

im liking the idea of grimlock and co being experimented on by shockwave.

had a similar idea myself for that a few years back when trying to do a fanfic on the dinos origin (though i had a created character do the deed as opposed to shockers)

now i think about it the dinosaurs kiced the bucket 65 million years ago so theres nothing to say some particularly powerful cybertronian space telescopes couldnt see them from orbit after it took the light that long to get to em (considering WFC is circa 4 million years ago that'd put earth 61 million light years away from it at the time)

a streatch i know, but something i could see shockwave doing in terms of research.
partholon
Brainmaster
Posts: 1405
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:19 pm

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby prowl123 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
GRIMLOCK FTW!
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
partholon wrote:yeah but who plays them !
DS gamers.

partholon wrote:(considering WFC is circa 4 million years ago that'd put earth 61 million light years away from it at the time)
Where'd you get 4 millions years from?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
OMG OMG OMG!!! Awesome!
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Wigglez » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
He's probably refering to G1. I know this doesn't follow up to G1, but Cliffjumper does have the same body as bumblebee like in G1
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby jamiko » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:32 pm

DUDE! When shit looks that awesome, who cares about continuity! :grin:
jamiko
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
wigglez323 wrote:He's probably refering to G1. I know this doesn't follow up to G1, but Cliffjumper does have the same body as bumblebee like in G1
Cliff and Bee looking similar is an age old homage. Plus, the only thing the two had in common in G1 were their toys' transformation schemes. They were two similar, but very different, molds.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Do we really need an explanation for Grimlock? Just accept the awesome that is to come.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1125
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Do we really need an explanation for Grimlock? Just accept the awesome that is to come.
Too late. We got one. :lol:

Plus, it's not like this the first time he'll be playable, having already been in the DS WFC game. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Stormrider » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Is Grimlock a character we can play?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8561
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Stormrider wrote:Is Grimlock a character we can play?
Seems to be. Someone said he plays like a brute with a sword and shield.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby SirSoundwaveIV » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Motto: "Wreck And Rock"
Weapon: Double-Barrelled Air-Compressor Cannon
SDGfsdfhahadheaerhsrtjutykj

I fangasmed hard when I saw that trailer. It's not much, but so awesome~
SirSoundwaveIV
Minibot
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I'm still not understanding how Grimlock can be a dinosaur when he hasn't been to Earth, or maybe he has I dunno, this WAS millions of years ago so he might have I suppose. Either way, I hope they explain it, even if they don't though, YEEAAAHHH GRIMLOCK!!! :KREMZEEK:


Yeah.. I am having a hard time with this as well.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18550
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I'm still not understanding how Grimlock can be a dinosaur when he hasn't been to Earth, or maybe he has I dunno, this WAS millions of years ago so he might have I suppose. Either way, I hope they explain it, even if they don't though, YEEAAAHHH GRIMLOCK!!! :KREMZEEK:


Yeah.. I am having a hard time with this as well.
As stated earlier:
Three answers for this. For one, this is not G1.

Two, Trypticon was a dino in WFC, yet there's no issue about that.

Thirdly, Shockwave captured, experimented on, and reformatted the Lightning Strike Coalition into the Dinobots, according to Grimlock's two bios.

:-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It's official.

Grimlock's gonna make me crap my pants each time I watch this and play the actual game. :shock:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5482
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby First-Aid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I got my Game Informer magazine today and here's what I got from it:

Playable characters include Prime, Bumblebee (who takes a shot from Megatron to save Optimus at the beginning of the game and is not heard from again), Cliffjumper, Vortex, Bruticus, Jazz, and Grimlock- those are the ones listed.

Combat system revamped completely.

Each character has specific abilities, and the level for each is geared for that. For example, Jazz has a grapple gun (think Batman), Cluffjumper is a stealthy scout, and Grimlock is melee-focused.

Grimlock and the LSC are experimented on by Shockwave, creating significiantly more powerful bots at the expense of things like higher cerebral functioning. Shockwave used data harvested about a distant planet called Earth that was home to large, repitilian creatures. Grimlock is accidentally freed when Starscream taunts him. Grimlock gets mad. Grimlock beats the crap out of Starscream. As Grimlock fights in melee, he builds rage; when his rage meter fills, he transforms to the near-indestructible dinosaur mode.

Also mentioned is the fact that we will see METROPLEX.

Multiplayer will have hugely customizable robots, with multiple limbs, weapons, and abilities to choose from. Voice and speciality will also be chooseable.

The story starts on the Autobot ship. The ship is attacked by Megatron's battleship the Nemesis and is boarded.

The story is much more grim this time around and is not split into Autobot and Decepticon storylines, but is a single story. It is the story of Cybertron and it's demise.

The detailing on the bots is much more improved. The new armor and modes for Prime and Megs are explained in the story.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
First-Aid wrote:I got my Game Informer magazine today and here's what I got from it:

Playable characters include Prime, Bumblebee (who takes a shot from Megatron to save Optimus at the beginning of the game and is not heard from again), Cliffjumper, Vortex, Bruticus, Jazz, and Grimlock- those are the ones listed.

Combat system revamped completely.

Each character has specific abilities, and the level for each is geared for that. For example, Jazz has a grapple gun (think Batman), Cluffjumper is a stealthy scout, and Grimlock is melee-focused.

Grimlock and the LSC are experimented on by Shockwave, creating significiantly more powerful bots at the expense of things like higher cerebral functioning. Shockwave used data harvested about a distant planet called Earth that was home to large, repitilian creatures. Grimlock is accidentally freed when Starscream taunts him. Grimlock gets mad. Grimlock beats the crap out of Starscream. As Grimlock fights in melee, he builds rage; when his rage meter fills, he transforms to the near-indestructible dinosaur mode.

Also mentioned is the fact that we will see METROPLEX.

Multiplayer will have hugely customizable robots, with multiple limbs, weapons, and abilities to choose from. Voice and speciality will also be chooseable.

The story starts on the Autobot ship. The ship is attacked by Megatron's battleship the Nemesis and is boarded.

The story is much more grim this time around and is not split into Autobot and Decepticon storylines, but is a single story. It is the story of Cybertron and it's demise.

The detailing on the bots is much more improved. The new armor and modes for Prime and Megs are explained in the story.



All of this just made my pants happy. I love that the character customization is being worked on, that was my favorite part of the first WFC game. The fact that you can ADD LIMBS and change the voice makes me just want this game even more! I'm going to have to make all of my Heavy Metal War characters quick.

Also, I'm glad to see that Jazz has the grapple gun he used throughout the three pilot episodes of G1 Transformers (and never again)! :P
Quick Toy Reviews. My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/QuickToyReviews

"Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?" - General Zod

Groovy
User avatar
Fires_Of_Inferno
Headmaster
Posts: 1092
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta. Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
First-Aid wrote:Bumblebee (who takes a shot from Megatron to save Optimus at the beginning of the game and is not heard from again),
Maybe this is how he loses his voices in the game's canon, as opposed to how he lost it in the books' canon (where he loses it before the events that parallel WFC begin)

First-Aid wrote:Also mentioned is the fact that we will see METROPLEX.
Wonder what his story is.

First-Aid wrote:The story starts on the Autobot ship. The ship is attacked by Megatron's battleship the Nemesis and is boarded.
This appears to be quite different from how Exiles tells of the chase into space of the ark by the Nemesis (then again, I'm only halfway through the book, so maybe events that parallel the FoC game come later in the novel. No spoilers, please). Though, I just hope the Nemesis both resembles the one from the Prime cartoon and is acknowledged as formerly being Trypticon.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
First-Aid wrote:I got my Game Informer magazine today and here's what I got from it:

Playable characters include Prime, Bumblebee (who takes a shot from Megatron to save Optimus at the beginning of the game and is not heard from again), Cliffjumper, Vortex, Bruticus, Jazz, and Grimlock- those are the ones listed.

Combat system revamped completely.

Each character has specific abilities, and the level for each is geared for that. For example, Jazz has a grapple gun (think Batman), Cluffjumper is a stealthy scout, and Grimlock is melee-focused.

Grimlock and the LSC are experimented on by Shockwave, creating significiantly more powerful bots at the expense of things like higher cerebral functioning. Shockwave used data harvested about a distant planet called Earth that was home to large, repitilian creatures. Grimlock is accidentally freed when Starscream taunts him. Grimlock gets mad. Grimlock beats the crap out of Starscream. As Grimlock fights in melee, he builds rage; when his rage meter fills, he transforms to the near-indestructible dinosaur mode.

Also mentioned is the fact that we will see METROPLEX.

Multiplayer will have hugely customizable robots, with multiple limbs, weapons, and abilities to choose from. Voice and speciality will also be chooseable.

The story starts on the Autobot ship. The ship is attacked by Megatron's battleship the Nemesis and is boarded.

The story is much more grim this time around and is not split into Autobot and Decepticon storylines, but is a single story. It is the story of Cybertron and it's demise.

The detailing on the bots is much more improved. The new armor and modes for Prime and Megs are explained in the story.



All of this just made my pants happy. I love that the character customization is being worked on, that was my favorite part of the first WFC game. The fact that you can ADD LIMBS and change the voice makes me just want this game even more! I'm going to have to make all of my Heavy Metal War characters quick.

Also, I'm glad to see that Jazz has the grapple gun he used throughout the three pilot episodes of G1 Transformers (and never again)! :P


Ditto. Fingers crossed, I hope you can customize the character with three colors of any choice (for example, a Decepticon being purple, brown, and black. As for the last part, think Autobot colored black.)
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5482
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby KingEmperor » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
First-Aid wrote:I got my Game Informer magazine today and here's what I got from it:

Playable characters include Prime, Bumblebee (who takes a shot from Megatron to save Optimus at the beginning of the game and is not heard from again), Cliffjumper, Vortex, Bruticus, Jazz, and Grimlock- those are the ones listed.

Combat system revamped completely.

Each character has specific abilities, and the level for each is geared for that. For example, Jazz has a grapple gun (think Batman), Cluffjumper is a stealthy scout, and Grimlock is melee-focused.

Grimlock and the LSC are experimented on by Shockwave, creating significiantly more powerful bots at the expense of things like higher cerebral functioning. Shockwave used data harvested about a distant planet called Earth that was home to large, repitilian creatures. Grimlock is accidentally freed when Starscream taunts him. Grimlock gets mad. Grimlock beats the crap out of Starscream. As Grimlock fights in melee, he builds rage; when his rage meter fills, he transforms to the near-indestructible dinosaur mode.

Also mentioned is the fact that we will see METROPLEX.

Multiplayer will have hugely customizable robots, with multiple limbs, weapons, and abilities to choose from. Voice and speciality will also be chooseable.

The story starts on the Autobot ship. The ship is attacked by Megatron's battleship the Nemesis and is boarded.

The story is much more grim this time around and is not split into Autobot and Decepticon storylines, but is a single story. It is the story of Cybertron and it's demise.

The detailing on the bots is much more improved. The new armor and modes for Prime and Megs are explained in the story.

So they're going for the DOTM game angle with the single storyline thread? I guess that's okay by me, as long as the story mode is engaging and at least as long as WFC's. I'm also glad that the character customization is more in-depth this time around. I was hoping for different interchangable parts in the first game.

And does anybody notice that Grimlock's sword kinda looks like Sentinel Prime's in DOTM?
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
First-Aid wrote: As Grimlock fights in melee, he builds rage; when his rage meter fills, he transforms to the near-indestructible dinosaur mode.


So Grimlock plays like an Arms Warrior? :-B
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1125
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby First-Aid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
OKay, have to correct what I wrote earlier. The article says this about the beginning of the game:

"The story of Fall of Cybertron opens at its own conclusions. The heroic Autobots have successfully launched their transport into space as they flee their home planet of Cybertron. Ultimately, Megatron and the Decepticons pursue them into space aboard their powerful warship the Nemesis. The Decepticons quickly overtake the less pwoerful ship and in a titanic clash of ship-to-ship combat, they come alongside and board the Ark. Within the Ark, players take control of their first character: Bumblebee. The trusted scout moves through the ship, and the players learn the basics of movement and combat as Bumblebee stands with his brother Autobots in a desperate defense. The ship's bridge is overtaken, and the battle turns even more chaotic. Optimus Prime's back is turned as Megatron raises his devastating weapon to fire. Bumeblebee leaps in the path of the shot, and is flung to the ground, the light fading from his eyes. Is he dead? The answer is unclear as the game fades back into the bulk of its story- a flashback to the final days of conflict on the surface of the planet."

So it sounds like the end of the story is the beginning of the game, and is the launch of the Ark and the encounter with the Nemesis.

Hope this clarifies the point a little more. I will post more snippets from the article, if you like.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
First-Aid wrote:OKay, have to correct what I wrote earlier. The article says this about the beginning of the game:

"The story of Fall of Cybertron opens at its own conclusions. The heroic Autobots have successfully launched their transport into space as they flee their home planet of Cybertron. Ultimately, Megatron and the Decepticons pursue them into space aboard their powerful warship the Nemesis. The Decepticons quickly overtake the less pwoerful ship and in a titanic clash of ship-to-ship combat, they come alongside and board the Ark. Within the Ark, players take control of their first character: Bumblebee. The trusted scout moves through the ship, and the players learn the basics of movement and combat as Bumblebee stands with his brother Autobots in a desperate defense. The ship's bridge is overtaken, and the battle turns even more chaotic. Optimus Prime's back is turned as Megatron raises his devastating weapon to fire. Bumeblebee leaps in the path of the shot, and is flung to the ground, the light fading from his eyes. Is he dead? The answer is unclear as the game fades back into the bulk of its story- a flashback to the final days of conflict on the surface of the planet."

So it sounds like the end of the story is the beginning of the game, and is the launch of the Ark and the encounter with the Nemesis.

Hope this clarifies the point a little more. I will post more snippets from the article, if you like.
Well, this sure is different from the books. No such squabble occurred upon the Ark's launch, as the Nemesis/Trypticon didn't lauch until moments after the Ark had taken off, and, after traversing a Space Bridge, the two ships became separated with neither boarding the other.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how/if this can be reconciled with the books.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014