Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby orangeitis » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:33 am

Sodan-1 wrote:
Samsonator wrote:...the upgraded gameplay mechanics look to be quite the improvements in the user friendly department.

Do you mean the shoulder swapping? Yeah, big woop. I-)
I'd imagine Bruticus is able to do that too. Considering that it's confirmed that his toy can, that's not too far fetched.
orangeitis

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Sodan-1 wrote:
Samsonator wrote:...the upgraded gameplay mechanics look to be quite the improvements in the user friendly department.

Do you mean the shoulder swapping? Yeah, big woop. I-)

Shoulder Swapping, Interactive cutscens, Sprinting, stealth action, and different gameplay for each character.
Yeas, it IS a big whoop.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Wigglez » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
BeastProwl wrote:Shoulder Swapping, Interactive cutscens, Sprinting, stealth action, and different gameplay for each character.
Yeas, it IS a big whoop.

This is gunna be way way WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than the first game. I'm down to play the f*** out of it. I'm still anxious to see some mp action though.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Sideswipe501 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:08 am

Anybody else notice that bumblebees gun is a neutron assault rifle? It looks A LOT different from WFC look--
WFC
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/7b/WFC_N ... _Rifle.jpg

FOC
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7215/7328 ... c403_b.jpg

See the HUGE difference? :HEADHURTS:
Sideswipe501
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm
Watch Sideswipe501 on YouTube

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby orangeitis » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Sideswipe501 wrote:http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7215/7328266054_1463e3c403_b.jpg
Thst looks like the X-18 Scrapmaker to me.
orangeitis

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby craggy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Wigglez wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Shoulder Swapping, Interactive cutscens, Sprinting, stealth action, and different gameplay for each character.
Yeas, it IS a big whoop.

This is gunna be way way WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than the first game. I'm down to play the f*** out of it. I'm still anxious to see some mp action though.

the best part of WFC for me, was getting together on XBox Live with a couple of mates and running through the whole thing as my favourite characters. Since that's been taken from me, I'm really hoping the MP is a whole lot of fun, and that the single player story is good.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4732
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby noctorro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 am

first, EPIC do want! Take My Money! Vomit Rainbow :BOWDOWN:

If you've played Escelation a lot you know the shoulder swapping is a BIG deal. It doesn't have a cover system but any non-noob players do use cover. It's actually a better cover system because your character isn't "stuck" to an object. You can easily jump over, dash away or transform out of the position.

The sprinting looks cool, stealth also. But which buttons are going to do the sprinting and the swapping? On the ps3 controller all buttons are used clean and efficient.

Graphics+ is nice to see.

For the sound, this is the Bumblebee that I like the most out of all versions. He's very funny in Escelation so I'm a bit sad they mute him.

This is going to be awesome!
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Wigglez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
So aperently the first mission takes place after the rest of the game. After the first mission, the rest of the game is a flashback that leads up to mission 1. Matt Tieger explains at 27:30

"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wigglez wrote:So aperently the first mission takes place after the rest of the game. After the first mission, the rest of the game is a flashback that leads up to mission 1. Matt Tieger explains at 27:30
Yep. :WHISTLE:

Sabrblade wrote:Something this clip doesn't mention is how this level takes place during the game's present, while the rest of it is a giant flashback to before the ships take off.
;)^ :PEACE:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18004
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Wigglez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Wigglez wrote:So aperently the first mission takes place after the rest of the game. After the first mission, the rest of the game is a flashback that leads up to mission 1. Matt Tieger explains at 27:30
Yep. :WHISTLE:

Sabrblade wrote:Something this clip doesn't mention is how this level takes place during the game's present, while the rest of it is a giant flashback to before the ships take off.
;)^ :PEACE:

My bad. I didn't know you already posted that. But 'till today, I thought the mission was was only attempt #1 to leave Cybertron 'till I heard this news
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
So how does this first mission fit into the storyline? I would think the Ark would be at the end of the story.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8613
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Stormrider wrote:So how does this first mission fit into the storyline? I would think the Ark would be at the end of the story.
After the first mission, the story likely flashes back to right where WFC left off. The rest of this game should lead right back up to after the Ark launch, with the two ships entering the space bridge.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18004
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video of the first mission

Postby Wigglez » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I'm making my prediction now. You're going to be able to be in the ark again at the end of the game, but play as OP.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Previous

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014