Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby sixshot20 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
sixshot20 wrote:If I join the transformers collectors club now will it automatically sign me up for next year or this year? because I don't want to pay 42$ sign up for the regular club for this year and than have to pay again for next year :???:
You have to pay once every year. Signing up now will pay you for this year. Your next payment won't have to be made until the end of September 2014.

Though, the subscription service is an additional fee on top of the membership fee.



Thank you that is much better than I thought :grin:
User avatar
sixshot20
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Metrosuplex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm thinking Thrustinator is last, just to get people to stick with the Sub for 6 months. Or Chromedome.

I get that they're "random shipments," but my suspicious nature tells me that there's going to be some reason to their madness.

But I'm out. It's more like $321 + $21 insurance, and if Sabrblade's logic is true, that's some $57 per figure (342/6). Not too shabby... if not for the excellent 3rd Party choices out there, siphoning said money. As it stands, most of these are repaints, and I'm not entirely convinced, personally speaking, that a repaint is indeed worth $60. Even with a new head. :-? I think I'd have more fun repainting the original figures myself, and adding more detail. But ehhh, haven't gotten on that quite yet, so it might be a lot harder than it seems...

Everyone else, do enjoy these! I'm very curious to see how many figs flood eBay in a few months! :roll: Specifically, I get the feeling Thrustinator will go for $100+... :BOOM:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:25 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Metrosuplex wrote:I'm thinking Thrustinator is last, just to get people to stick with the Sub for 6 months. Or Chromedome.
Maybe. Though, some said the same about this year's TFSS Scourge, yet he was the first one they released. ;)

Metrosuplex wrote:It's more like $321 + $21 insurance,
Where'd you get $321? :???:

Metrosuplex wrote:As it stands, most of these are repaints,
They're all repaints (or, "redecos" actually). While some may get new heads, that's how BotCon/Club toys have always been: Existing toys given new color schemes.

Metrosuplex wrote:and I'm not entirely convinced, personally speaking, that a repaint is indeed worth $60. Even with a new head. :-?
It is when its limited exclusivity and specially-made decos (and heads) are factored it. ;)

Metrosuplex wrote:I think I'd have more fun repainting the original figures myself, and adding more detail. But ehhh, haven't gotten on that quite yet, so it might be a lot harder than it seems...
Oh, I think you'd enjoy the BotCon customization classes, then. :D
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16318
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:18 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:It's more like $321 + $21 insurance,
Where'd you get $321? :???:


$42 membership fee + $279 subscription fee = $321

Although if you're adding in the $42 membership fee, you also have to remember that that $42 is essentially paying for the "free" membership figure. So for $321 you get the subscription figures AND the membership figure.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4606
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:29 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:It's more like $321 + $21 insurance,
Where'd you get $321? :???:


$42 membership fee + $279 subscription fee = $321

Although if you're adding in the $42 membership fee, you also have to remember that that $42 is essentially paying for the "free" membership figure. So for $321 you get the subscription figures AND the membership figure.
Forgot about the membership fee (mine was paid months ago). :oops:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16318
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby xyl360 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Preordered Thrustinator from BBTS for $69.99+S&H. My POL is currently up to $954.82 for toys plus a total of $25.39 for shipping bringing it to $980.21 if I shipped it today. Somehow I don't think that even if I decide to get Barricade once he comes back instock for preorder that it's going to amount to anywhere close to $300 to get both of the figures I wanted. Even if Barricade's price spikes to $99 because he sold out during the first run (current price is set at $79.99).

Also, after just having gotten TF:Prime Prowl in-hand (had to order from Toyarena as everyone else was sold out or only selling the damn cases of 8 ), I'm not impressed enough to pay a high price for a black and purple repaint of him. Something about him just doesn't work as well for me as Smokescreen.

So yeah, I paid the $40 already for my club membership, and I'm glad I did as I do want Rampage, but the subscription service just didn't have enough to justify me joining this year. I got Thrustinator, and that's the only one I was really really wanting and while I'd be perfectly willing to pay $300+ for him on the after market if that was the only means to obtain one due to rarity/demand, I won't do so just to get him plus a bunch of figures I don't really want.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Seibertron » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:31 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
It just occurred to me what they might do with "Eject" with their not so subtle tease in the middle of this cover. That's too obvious and the Club has rarely done the obvious. Sometimes that's awesome. Sometimes it's not. And then they can use Eject at a later point as a lure to get people to "complete your set" because everyone knows you can't have a Rewind toy without an Eject toy! I bet you they do Solarbot instead from the SG Blaster and Soundwave set, since that's their new character.

If I'm wrong, mixed Energon drinks on the house! :michaelbay:
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23171
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Mkall » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:03 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Seibertron wrote:It just occurred to me what they might do with "Eject" with their not so subtle tease in the middle of this cover. That's too obvious and the Club has rarely done the obvious. Sometimes that's awesome. Sometimes it's not. And then they can use Eject at a later point as a lure to get people to "complete your set" because everyone knows you can't have a Rewind toy without an Eject toy! I bet you they do Solarbot instead from the SG Blaster and Soundwave set, since that's their new character.

If I'm wrong, mixed Energon drinks on the house! :michaelbay:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing looking at the colours. I'm not interested in a Eject/Rewind from that mold, but a Solarbot would be pretty darn cool.

I don't need Energon drinks from you Seibs, I get fresh cookies every time I come to these boards :P
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13944
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I hope you're right, Ryan, because, as I said in the cover reveal thread...
Sabrblade wrote:If the 7th figure is Solarbot, I will die of happiness. :KREMZEEK:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16318
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Seibertron wrote:If I'm wrong, mixed Energon drinks on the house! :michaelbay:


Can't have those, I'm on meds (don't ask for what). ;)
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14303
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Henry921 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Can't have those, I'm on meds (don't ask for what). ;)


There's no need to ask. Everyone on this forum is a lunatic, whether they're on meds or not. ;)

Just placed my order (via installment plan) last night. I figure I'll be selling my Fisitron unless I fall in love at first sight, because I'm already using the mold as Roadbuster in my Wreckers lineup. Now that I'll get the 7th figure, I sincerely hope it WILL be Solarbot, because then I wouldn't sell him, whereas I have no interest at all in Eject. Solarbot would join my BotCon 2010 Shattered Glass Ravage in wacky hijinx.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby xyl360 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:As it stands, most of these are repaints,
They're all repaints (or, "redecos" actually). While some may get new heads, that's how BotCon/Club toys have always been: Existing toys given new color schemes.

Metrosuplex wrote:and I'm not entirely convinced, personally speaking, that a repaint is indeed worth $60. Even with a new head. :-?
It is when its limited exclusivity and specially-made decos (and heads) are factored it. ;)

It's kinda funny when you think about it. Generally the color scheme of some other character/figure is used on a figure for which that color scheme was usually not planned, sometimes with a new head. It's like the paint scheme donor program :P. Sometimes we get nicer ones though where the new paint schemes really "belong" such as with the Seeker set, Scourge (who was already mentioned) and a few others (Eject and Rewind using the same mold as Frenzy/Rumble is always a good idea, especially if they can have new heads) but most of the time they're putting a paint scheme on a figure where it really doesn't fit too well, at least in my opinion.

I think eventually the club/Botcon will have enough of a following for Has/Tak to finally break down and start creating original molds for them of entirely unique figures. I look forward to that day because it will really expand on what they are able to do for the fans and allow them to finally truly have something that is completely "exclusive" besides a paint scheme and a head swap.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:I'm thinking Thrustinator is last, just to get people to stick with the Sub for 6 months. Or Chromedome.
Maybe. Though, some said the same about this year's TFSS Scourge, yet he was the first one they released. ;)

It's interesting to see TFsource pricing, which indicates that Rewind is the top figure, followed by Chromedome. Their pricing kind of flipped my thinking a little.

GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:It's more like $321 + $21 insurance,
Where'd you get $321? :???:


$42 membership fee + $279 subscription fee = $321

Although if you're adding in the $42 membership fee, you also have to remember that that $42 is essentially paying for the "free" membership figure. So for $321 you get the subscription figures AND the membership figure.

Actually, I tend to factor SHIPPING FEES. That's right, kids: FIPPING SHEES!
I suppose you guys do not count $42 in shipping as part of the expense, but it seems kind of high and relevant to cheap-o's like me! :saint:
Membership, as Guy mentioned, is kind of irrelevant to this discussion, as it does net you a figure and (presumably) people with interest in this set would already be members (or were past members of the club).


Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:and I'm not entirely convinced, personally speaking, that a repaint is indeed worth $60. Even with a new head. :-?
It is when its limited exclusivity and specially-made decos (and heads) are factored it. ;)

I appreciate the replies, Sabr, but you do realize I was expressing opinion, ya? :roll: Your replies are always helpful and full of reference, but here I find myself scratching my head as you supply me with alternate opinions you presumed I'm completely unaware of? :D

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, I think you'd enjoy the BotCon customization classes, then. :D

If not for the kids, I would. I don't have that kind of free time anymore. And if my folks were trustworthy, I could go without them... but ehh, I've got stories regarding their parenting abilities. And I've heard bad babysitting stories, too. Long story short: don't have kids! :lol:

Seibertron wrote:It just occurred to me what they might do with "Eject" with their not so subtle tease in the middle of this cover. That's too obvious and the Club has rarely done the obvious. Sometimes that's awesome. Sometimes it's not. And then they can use Eject at a later point as a lure to get people to "complete your set" because everyone knows you can't have a Rewind toy without an Eject toy! I bet you they do Solarbot instead from the SG Blaster and Soundwave set, since that's their new character.

If I'm wrong, mixed Energon drinks on the house! :michaelbay:

It's too bad you offered us fictitious drinks (was that an alcohol reference?), cause I can say with some certainty that you ARE wrong. Let's just say the mystery figure is the more obvious (less creative?) choice, and let's just say I heard it from an official source! ;)
I'd hate to reveal specifics and become THAT GUY on the net who leaks trade secrets... but I'm hoping to bridge the middle and just vaguely confirm what most of us have already predicted! ;) (But your theory was a great idea, and yet another example of imagination offering better satisfaction us than real life).

xyl360 wrote:I think eventually the club/Botcon will have enough of a following for Has/Tak to finally break down and start creating original molds for them of entirely unique figures. I look forward to that day because it will really expand on what they are able to do for the fans and allow them to finally truly have something that is completely "exclusive" besides a paint scheme and a head swap.

Feel free to disagree, but I feel like Hasbro doesn't care much for FunPub. They get left-over molds, they need strong permissions and ok's to do anything... I feel like FunPub is tolerated more than supported or encouraged.
I think a lot of us would love seeing FunPub get full toy designs made... but there's a strong reason Hasbro would never allow that (other than cost): it's be like George Lucas selling the original trilogy (unedited). Hasbro wouldn't look too good if FunPub did better designs or sold more toys (and frankly, I believe it's a possibility, at this point).
Before FunPub gets full toy models, I think we'll see 3D printing become a viable option for making TF toys. :-? But that's just my dream! I-)
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0 order page is now live!

Postby xyl360 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 am

Metrosuplex wrote:
xyl360 wrote:I think eventually the club/Botcon will have enough of a following for Has/Tak to finally break down and start creating original molds for them of entirely unique figures. I look forward to that day because it will really expand on what they are able to do for the fans and allow them to finally truly have something that is completely "exclusive" besides a paint scheme and a head swap.

Feel free to disagree, but I feel like Hasbro doesn't care much for FunPub. They get left-over molds, they need strong permissions and ok's to do anything... I feel like FunPub is tolerated more than supported or encouraged.
I think a lot of us would love seeing FunPub get full toy designs made... but there's a strong reason Hasbro would never allow that (other than cost): it's be like George Lucas selling the original trilogy (unedited). Hasbro wouldn't look too good if FunPub did better designs or sold more toys (and frankly, I believe it's a possibility, at this point).
Before FunPub gets full toy models, I think we'll see 3D printing become a viable option for making TF toys. :-? But that's just my dream! I-)

Sure, that's true enough but at the same time money talks. With Botcon becoming bigger and bigger (and presumably more profitable) every year, I don't think Hasbro will be able to resist letting them have better exclusives in order to increase the haul of cash and brand loyalty/advertising that they pull in every year. It's that whole supply and demand thing, and the same reason that Hasbro has been paying more attention to the collectors' market lately than they used to (probably after seeing how well Takara's been doing with it via the MP line).

Besides, how could the Club ever make Hasbro look bad when it's Hasbro who actually produces the toys for them? I mean Hasbro has no problem with the "better" versions of their own figures being sold as NYCC/SDCC exclusives every year (FoC Bruticus, this year's Metroplex etc.) so why would they care if their own "official" convention had superior toys to the general retail releases (which arguably are targeted at kids not collectors anyway)?

Now if Hasbro has some issues with Funpub specifically that's one thing. It just means they might go the way of 3H. But if that happened, someone would replace them and Hasbro could just as easily work with whoever that is to make new, unique molds for the con/subscription service/whatever for the fans/collectors out there.

My point is, if Hasbro thinks there's profit to be made in it, they'll likely go for it.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014