Gaming site Kotaku
gives us a look at a few of the cards from the upcoming Transformes Legends
(previously announced as Transformers Mobile
) mobile device card battler from ngmoco.
of fellow Transformers fan site TFW2005
was on hand at PAX Prime this weekend, and has provided the following run down:
- Single player lets you pick a side Autobot or Decepticon to start out your deck. However on the cybertron mission map you can play as either Autobot or Decepticon. The interface for the map and the menu look very slick.
- You can collect cards for both factions and they can be mixed and matched for multiplayer.
- Looks like for missions, you can only use the type of card for that faction's missions.
- You collect cards playing "tap" mini games. Tapping the enemy gives you energon/money, not sure if there's a difference. Or occasionally a card. There is a completion meter on top to show your progress (presumably to repeat a mission to get all the items).
- Rare cards are basically rare drops, a percentage.
- He showed me his STACKED deck of cards (well he is the dev!), basically showed me the best cards like my favorite art which was robot mode Grimlock, which looked amazingggg. It seems every transformer has 2 cards, 1 for each mode.
- When you view your cards, the card image moves based on your tilt to give a cool motion effect. The presentation of the card/art really makes a big difference.
- You can EQUIP weapons you get to any robot. Basically he showed me his Grimlock had Optimus Prime's powerful rifle, to make him even stronger. Mix and match.
- You can upgrade all cards. He showed me Grimlock's card when clicked had a bunch of upgrade slots. Not sure what the upgrades were exactly.
- My biggest concern was the IPA. He told me it was basically more energy (or energon) to play more games. Obviously for a game like this, the money maker is to buy more play time to collect more cards.
- There's also some kind of "space bridge" function that you can collect something to complete it or buy parts of it. I think he said completing it gives you a rare card.