Transformers + Mass Effect 2

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 pm

How awesome would it be to have an action RPG akin to Mass Effect 2 in the Transformers universe?
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Pretender
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Iacon

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Mass Effect 2 wasn't an RPG. Even so, the gameplay is already very similar to WfC.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29972
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Cyberstrike » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Shadowman wrote:Mass Effect 2 wasn't an RPG. Even so, the gameplay is already very similar to WfC.



Technically you are right. Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 are NOT traditional RPGs they are actually 3rd Person Shooter/Action/RPG hybrids. They have some RPG elements and they have elements of 3rd Person Shooters and action games.

If Bioware ever did a Transformers game and it was great game, I would be one extremely very happy fan. :grin:
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
You're partially right. One of the big complaints about ME2, though, was that it completely removed nearly every RPG aspect of it. Come to think of it, though, War for Cybertron's multiplayer is more like an RPG than ME2. Kill an enemy, gain experience, level up, increase various skills. ME1 featured exactly that, but ME2 only let you upgrade certain abilities.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29972
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I made a thread just like this a while ago. I wish someone would do that. It would be the best thing to ever happen to me.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4610
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Shadowman wrote:You're partially right. One of the big complaints about ME2, though, was that it completely removed nearly every RPG aspect of it. Come to think of it, though, War for Cybertron's multiplayer is more like an RPG than ME2. Kill an enemy, gain experience, level up, increase various skills. ME1 featured exactly that, but ME2 only let you upgrade certain abilities.



There are more elements to RPGs than just gaining experience points, and leveling up and which BTW Mass Effect 2 has all that as well. You explore the galaxy, complete quests and side-quests, upgrade the weapons, armor, even the ship, interact with characters, make choices, and you can be nice paragon or a ruthless renegade.
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers + Mass Effect 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Cyberstrike wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You're partially right. One of the big complaints about ME2, though, was that it completely removed nearly every RPG aspect of it. Come to think of it, though, War for Cybertron's multiplayer is more like an RPG than ME2. Kill an enemy, gain experience, level up, increase various skills. ME1 featured exactly that, but ME2 only let you upgrade certain abilities.



There are more elements to RPGs than just gaining experience points, and leveling up and which BTW Mass Effect 2 has all that as well. You explore the galaxy, complete quests and side-quests, upgrade the weapons, armor, even the ship, interact with characters, make choices, and you can be nice paragon or a ruthless renegade.


Those aren't RPG elements, those are video game elements. I can do all that in StarCraft II.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29972
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers ARMADA powerlinx Hot Shot - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 56 seconds
1987 Hasbro G1 Transformers Monsterbot Repugnus Complete Tested & Working - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 43 minutes 1 second
Transformers G1 1984 SUNSTREAKER for parts hasbro classic version - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 42 minutes 56 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 13 minutes 28 seconds
Vintage G1 Transformers Sky Lynx with Box 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 29 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers HFTD Exclusive Constructicon Devastator 7 Robot Combine -----SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 16 minutes 8 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Energize Bumblebee Figure Action Toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 29 minutes 53 seconds
Heroes Tow Bot Action Figure Transformers Rescue Bots Hoist Figure Action Kids - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 1 minute 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits
Twincast / Podcast #154:
"The Misfits"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 28th, 2016