Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
neliz wrote:I HATE that kind of guy... because they are the same kind of people that, when your country gets invaded, he runs to the Nazis to tell on the Jews, because for a Nazi, that is a decent thing to do.


This comparison... is really messed up.

Off topic for just a moment, there were people who defended the Jewish population from the Nazis. Read this article for example. So to quote you, the swing does go both ways. Let's not bring this any more off-topic.

Back on topic, I still defend Jin for being honest: it was the right thing to do.
Last edited by Mindmaster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5512
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Godwin's Law is invoked. :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16285
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby frogbat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Perhaps it was the right thing to do, and I have done things like that myself where i Informed someone about their error in pricing, they went to fix the price but let me keep my purchase at the price that was shown.

In this case, it might've been the right thing, but then again we ordered it in good faith hoping it was some restock they needed to get rid of etc, and we're talking about conglomerates that aren't exactly known for doing the right thing. Amazon is one of the big name culprits of tax avoidance in the UK. So if you wonder why the uk government won't have enough money in its coffers to pay for its citizens' pensions...

Also, hastak aren't exactly guilty of doing the right thing - some prices seem way too steep especially for deluxes and masterpieces. The amount of packaging they use is disgusting too.

Oh and they need to apologise for transformers 2,3 and very likely 4 too. I think anyone who has invested their time and money into this hobby, would agree that though there is a right thing to do, we have been shortchanged many times and if there was a legitimate way for us to claw something back without hurting someone, then hey let's go for it.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Fuzor
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:28 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby neliz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Back on topic, I still defend Jin for being honest: it was the right thing to do.


First off, dude, my family knows everything about the war and the traitorous scum that walks the earth all happy to please the big and powerful overlord. And I surely wasn't the first one to bring up analogies of a sad store clerk.

Second of, by law (here in the Netherlands at least) a store has to honor it's advertized price even if it is in error. It is not unthinkable that the the price was wrong. I paid about $125 for my MP-4 (in Asia) and it is a vastly superior toy in size and quality (die cast, electronics etc.)

Amazon had a turnover of F***** $13B .. yes THIRTEEN BILLION DOLLARS In Q3 2012 and has an estimated turnover of $63B ....and there are people in the world preventing others to buy a toy at cost price? This is a professional company where people get rewarded handsomely even if they make mistakes.

F**** 63 BILLION DOLLARS!

Even the bible agrees with me:

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? (NIV, 1 John 3:17)

Hellz I need that Masterpiece Prime!
Image
All in a friendly way of course!

Million XP Club Member
User avatar
neliz
Godmaster
Posts: 1784
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MSI HQ

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Erailea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm

neliz wrote:
Amazon had a turnover of F***** $13B .. yes THIRTEEN BILLION DOLLARS In Q3 2012 and has an estimated turnover of $63B ....and there are people in the world preventing others to buy a toy at cost price? This is a professional company where people get rewarded handsomely even if they make mistakes.

F**** 63 BILLION DOLLARS!


Not that I mean to disagree, but you are missing a very vital piece of info - Turnover is how much money they bring in a year, not how much profit they make.

There are been numerous reports made over the years of how Amazon is making pennies on the dollar for their sales. And it's all because they offer free shipping on all order over $25. Do they still make a boat load of money? Yes, because of the quantity of sales the do, but their profit margins are FAR slimmer than you probably think.
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 843
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Jin Saotome » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh lordy, I was able to invoke the Godwin law without even posting here? That's pretty crazy! First things first, the MP-10 listing didn't have a discount by it. I'm use to seeing amazing deals on amazon (like the $9 Marvel legends figures last week) but they've always stated the original price and the sale price. This one just had the one price for 33 pounds or something to that effect.

Before I go ordering something from another country, exchanging my currency for another, working out EMS/shipping fees etc, I am going to make damn sure I'm not wasting my time. I always adhere to "if something seems too good to be true then..." and it was exactly the case here.

Now, if you are in a PHYSICAL STORE, you took the time to drive there, spent time shopping, and picked up an item that rang up at a higher price when it was listed ON THE SHELF at a lower one, I'm all for the retail rule of thumb they give it to you at a lower price. But this was all from a computer and we didn't have any connection to the item. I've had Hasbro toy shop, BBTS, and ToysRUs cancel or change preorders because of price screw-ups. It's a common thing. They'll make you aware of the error and ask if you want to buy the product at the regular price. And IF they're feeling generous they'll honor the preorder price.

Suddenly I see forum after forum explode with rage over not getting a Masterpiece figure at an Ultra price. People are slinging words like 'thief' and 'scalper' freely about. Transformers fandom has become a madhouse of greed, entitlement, and manchild bitterness. That's not how we're suppose to act and I would hope someone other than me called Amazon to make them aware of their mistake. I can't be the only honest person in the entire Transformers fandom can I?
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Image
User avatar
Jin Saotome
Fuzor
Posts: 294
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:04 am

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby megatronus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Jin Saotome wrote:Oh lordy, I was able to invoke the Godwin law without even posting here? That's pretty crazy! First things first, the MP-10 listing didn't have a discount by it. I'm use to seeing amazing deals on amazon (like the $9 Marvel legends figures last week) but they've always stated the original price and the sale price. This one just had the one price for 33 pounds or something to that effect.

Before I go ordering something from another country, exchanging my currency for another, working out EMS/shipping fees etc, I am going to make damn sure I'm not wasting my time. I always adhere to "if something seems too good to be true then..." and it was exactly the case here.

Now, if you are in a PHYSICAL STORE, you took the time to drive there, spent time shopping, and picked up an item that rang up at a higher price when it was listed ON THE SHELF at a lower one, I'm all for the retail rule of thumb they give it to you at a lower price. But this was all from a computer and we didn't have any connection to the item. I've had Hasbro toy shop, BBTS, and ToysRUs cancel or change preorders because of price screw-ups. It's a common thing. They'll make you aware of the error and ask if you want to buy the product at the regular price. And IF they're feeling generous they'll honor the preorder price.

Suddenly I see forum after forum explode with rage over not getting a Masterpiece figure at an Ultra price. People are slinging words like 'thief' and 'scalper' freely about. Transformers fandom has become a madhouse of greed, entitlement, and manchild bitterness. That's not how we're suppose to act and I would hope someone other than me called Amazon to make them aware of their mistake. I can't be the only honest person in the entire Transformers fandom can I?


This ^^

Thanks for being level-headed and, dare I say, "logical" yet again. :APPLAUSE:
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2397
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
So, it turn out that Jin's "trolling" was just legetimate actions afterall.

How come I'm not surprised?

One thing is sure, if that price was real, NONE OF THE TRUE FANS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANY. The scalpers would have taken them all and you would have to buy them off Ebay at 100-200$ anyway.

Also, may I remind everyone that it was a PREORDER?. That mean they are not even sure to have the item and the price may change without warning all the time.

Remember kids, when something is too good to be true, it usually is.
See my Kreations, the Seekers Brothers!:
Image
Click on a name!
APETIMUS SUPREME
PYROFLASH
RUSTBUCKET




CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD:CLICK HERE!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2327
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:One thing is sure, if that price was real, NONE OF THE TRUE FANS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANY.
There's no such thing as a "True Fan". :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16285
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:One thing is sure, if that price was real, NONE OF THE TRUE FANS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANY.
There's no such thing as a "True Fan". :P


Well, that was obviously a figure of speech. What I mean is a "true" fan love the thing and collect as he wish. A scalper who dont give a flying squirrel about the fanchise but lots just to sell elswhere at way higher prices is not a "true" fan. He's a store owner or a rotten scalper.

I can bet my left nut that at 33£, it's not even close to the base cost of the thing. I mean, the price a store owner had to pay Hasbro. Add on top of that all the fees that go with managing a store of any kind and they might lose millions this way. The only purpose of a store is to make money, not to be a bro (as their add campaign may suggest).

The twit who made the listing really slept on his job.
See my Kreations, the Seekers Brothers!:
Image
Click on a name!
APETIMUS SUPREME
PYROFLASH
RUSTBUCKET




CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD:CLICK HERE!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2327
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:One thing is sure, if that price was real, NONE OF THE TRUE FANS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANY.
There's no such thing as a "True Fan". :P


Well, that was obviously a figure of speech.
I know. Twas a joke. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16285
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:One thing is sure, if that price was real, NONE OF THE TRUE FANS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANY.
There's no such thing as a "True Fan". :P


Well, that was obviously a figure of speech.
I know. Twas a joke. ;)


Not really. It wasnt. Because what make someone a "true" fan is highly subjective and the criteria change from persons to persons. So you were 100% right.

Back on topic, I can barely hear the sirens of the Waaaaaahbulance anymore.
That's good.
See my Kreations, the Seekers Brothers!:
Image
Click on a name!
APETIMUS SUPREME
PYROFLASH
RUSTBUCKET




CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD:CLICK HERE!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2327
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm guessing his price will be 150$ now.

Hey its still cheaper than scalpers lol.

They are charging 200+ for mp-10.
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm guessing his price will be 150$ now.

Hey its still cheaper than scalpers lol.

They are charging 200+ for mp-10.
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Jin Saotome » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Guys, guys...GUYS! Check this out, quite possibly my proudest moment ever!!
Attachments
tfwlolFANDOM.jpg
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Image
User avatar
Jin Saotome
Fuzor
Posts: 294
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:04 am

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Jin Saotome » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Whoops, double post
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Image
User avatar
Jin Saotome
Fuzor
Posts: 294
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:04 am

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Banjo-Tron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Jin Saotome wrote:Whoops, double post

lol, you will have to assume a new identity ;)
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Jin Saotome wrote:Guys, guys...GUYS! Check this out, quite possibly my proudest moment ever!!


Wait... What?

Oh LAWL!

Please, PLEASE, make a /toy/ tread!
I want to see some anons getting seizures and spit gallons of mouth-foam with this!

Image
Seriously, do it. I'll get the popcorn ready.
See my Kreations, the Seekers Brothers!:
Image
Click on a name!
APETIMUS SUPREME
PYROFLASH
RUSTBUCKET




CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD:CLICK HERE!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2327
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wow, TFW2005. Just... wow.

That ban isn't justified at all. You were doing the right thing by pointing out the error.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5512
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Arctorro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Mindmaster wrote:Wow, TFW2005. Just... wow.

That ban isn't justified at all. You were doing the right thing by pointing out the error.

Glad I'm not signed up on that site, clearly it is run by Douchebags :BANG_HEAD:
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
And that's another reason why I'm not a member of TFW2005. :roll:

Granted, I've been tempted to join (I'll admit that they do have some good resources I've used), but a community with that kind of attitude just isn't worth joining. [-(
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16285
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Sinnertwin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Jin Saotome wrote:Guys, guys...GUYS! Check this out, quite possibly my proudest moment ever!!


It's really sad to see grown men and/or women behave this way and ban you. And for what? Pointing out something that would've been discovered by Amazon sooner or later? They still wouldn't have got it at that price regardless of who informed them.

Arctorro wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wow, TFW2005. Just... wow.

That ban isn't justified at all. You were doing the right thing by pointing out the error.

Glad I'm not signed up on that site, clearly it is run by Douchebags :BANG_HEAD:


Couldn't agree more, gentlemen.
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Wow that's pretty funny... Clearly someone on that Staff had a few preordered...
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2164
News Credits: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Jin Saotome wrote:Guys, guys...GUYS! Check this out, quite possibly my proudest moment ever!!


Wait... What?

Oh LAWL!

Please, PLEASE, make a /toy/ tread!
I want to see some anons getting seizures and spit gallons of mouth-foam with this!

Image
Seriously, do it. I'll get the popcorn ready.


That is the best .GIF i've seen in years! :lol:

But really, WTF TFW2005? Someone points out an online store takes down an item for sale, and he gets banned.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1844
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Listed on AmazonUK

Postby Springer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Ok here's where the problem is. Obviously there are a lot of people that want the MP-10 all over the planet. Even in the areas where he is sold (Like the U.S.,)he is very hard to come by. So you already have a bunch of people wanting it. So then it shows up on Amazon UK for like 1/3 of what the price should be. So you have people from all over the world placing orders for it because it is rare and here's a chance to get it. Obviously due to the price people are in disbelief that it is going to actually go through, but a lot of people take the chance as here's a chance to get a figure that they haven't been able to get at all. And many people send messages to Amazon asking about it trying to find out if it is legitimate and what's going on. In the meantime, everyone waits.

So as most were assuming was going to happen, the item is taken down from Amazon UK and emails are sent out that due to the incorrect prices being posted, they are cancelling the orders. So Jin shows up on the TFW boards and says that he was the informant to Amazon and he told them about the incorrect price and that everyone who was trying to get a figure at a discount is a thief and deserves to be treated like a thief. And that anyone who purchases items at discounts are thieves as well. Personally I just thought he was joking (Because for one, with so many people emailing Amazon about the figure I highly doubt one person made any difference over anyone else) but it kept going. And then someone said Jin posted on Twitter or something that Amazon gave him £50 for pointing out the mistake. Which again I took as a joke, and didn't really care either way. But then you have all the people actually IN the UK and other places around the world who saw this as their one chance to actually get the figure and this one guy is basically telling them off saying "Nope! Thanks to ME no one is getting the figure, and you should all be ashamed that you even thought you had a chance to get it for less than the MSRP, oh by the way, I was rewarded for making it that way." Now I don't know what the reasoning was for the ban as I personally hadn't read the thread in a couple days and now it's locked so I don't know where it went from there. But from what I saw, Jin did appear to be a douchebag and did have a lot of TF Fans mad at him even though, in my opinion, he didn't do anything more than 100 others also did. He just made sure to point it out and tried to make it look like he was the sole person to blame. Jin wanted to be the douchy martyr for whatever reason and succeeded and then the other people wanted to get rid of the douchy martyr and they succeeded. So I guess everyone won? The whole thing is pretty childish and stupid in all reality, but welcome to Transformer collecting.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die!"
User avatar
Springer
Targetmaster
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014