Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby dedcat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
"Hi kids, I'm Cliffjumper. Remember me from the first minute of the first episode? Please buy my toy!"
User avatar
dedcat
Fuzor
Posts: 238
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
This is almost like it's trying to take the place of the prequel graphic novel comic. It matches up with the Decepticons' plans in that story, but the setting and circumstances are completely different.

In the comic, it was Cliffjumper who had captured and ordered to decrypt the message, not Arcee. And he was in a Decepticon base on Cyberton, not the Nemesis. And it was the Vehicons themselves doing the interrogating, not Starscream. and they didn't bring in another Autobot to try and force Cliff to decrypt the message. Arcee came in on her own and saved his rear end in the scuffle.

And if Shockwave's aboard the Nemesis here with them, when and how did he come aboard? He was left back on Cybertron during the Great Exodus, so he'd have to have come later. And if he is on the ship at the time of this clip's events, where is he in the present day and why is no longer on the ship?

Oy, why oh why must this episode contradict so much of the very comic that was made to lead directly into episode 1?!! #-o
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18030
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Hypershock » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:This is almost like it's trying to take the place of the prequel graphic novel comic. It matches up with the Decepticons' plans in that story, but the setting and circumstances are completely different.

In the comic, it was Cliffjumper who had captured and ordered to decrypt the message, not Arcee. And he was in a Decepticon base on Cyberton, not the Nemesis. And it was the Vehicons themselves doing the interrogating, not Starscream. and they didn't bring in another Autobot to try and force Cliff to decrypt the message. Arcee came in on her own and saved his rear end in the scuffle.

And if Shockwave's aboard the Nemesis here with them, when and how did he come aboard? He was left back on Cybertron during the Great Exodus, so he'd have to have come later. And if he is on the ship at the time of this clip's events, where is he in the present day and why is no longer on the ship?

Oy, why oh why must this episode contradict so much of the very comic that was made to lead directly into episode 1?!! #-o


The clone wars kind of did this too, except the comic didn't directly tie in to anything, but i think the situations are the same in that we're meant to assume that the show supersedes the printed media. Plus they might tie in to the first episode yet, all they've shown is space footage.

Besides, If it is a direct adaptation, we might see Breakdown again :D Oh and as an aside, do we have any idea as to the identity of Cliff's voice actor? It sounds enough like Dwayne Johnson to possiblybbe him but disimilar enough to be another actor
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:I
PrymeStriker wrote:Anyway, I simply cannot wait longer for this episode. I want to see Shockie.

Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
RazorSlash92 wrote:This clip kinda makes me assume it isn't actually a flashback episode.
thts what these clips are for. Make you think the total opposite.

Remember before cliff dies he says ''scream been a while''. That line could be reffering to this time

So this must take place during megs is gone on vacation to find more buddies


Aside from making two posts, you can just edit the one you already put up.
i didnt wanna make twi. im on my phone and it just does that for some reason :( lol. sometimes it does


Mine too. Computers dominate phones when it comes to typing up forum posts.


But I digress. >:oP
yeah. lol
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Hypershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:This is almost like it's trying to take the place of the prequel graphic novel comic. It matches up with the Decepticons' plans in that story, but the setting and circumstances are completely different.

In the comic, it was Cliffjumper who had captured and ordered to decrypt the message, not Arcee. And he was in a Decepticon base on Cyberton, not the Nemesis. And it was the Vehicons themselves doing the interrogating, not Starscream. and they didn't bring in another Autobot to try and force Cliff to decrypt the message. Arcee came in on her own and saved his rear end in the scuffle.

And if Shockwave's aboard the Nemesis here with them, when and how did he come aboard? He was left back on Cybertron during the Great Exodus, so he'd have to have come later. And if he is on the ship at the time of this clip's events, where is he in the present day and why is no longer on the ship?

Oy, why oh why must this episode contradict so much of the very comic that was made to lead directly into episode 1?!! #-o


The clone wars kind of did this too, except the comic didn't directly tie in to anything, but i think the situations are the same in that we're meant to assume that the show supersedes the printed media. Plus they might tie in to the first episode yet, all they've shown is space footage.

Besides, If it is a direct adaptation, we might see Breakdown again :D Oh and as an aside, do we have any idea as to the identity of Cliff's voice actor? It sounds enough like Dwayne Johnson to possiblybbe him but disimilar enough to be another actor


Oh Breakdown. Why, oh, why do the writers hate you so? :-(

Breakdown better come back soon, or else I'll....I'll.... |:|

Write a strongly worded letter!


:oops:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Flashwave » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Well, shucks. Here i got all excited that they might be using Makeshift as leverage, posing as a Dead Cliffy, but you guys have comics to back it up.

I suppose it could be a protoform, though...
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3762
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby XDMan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
dedcat wrote:"Hi kids, I'm Cliffjumper. Remember me from the first minute of the first episode? Please buy my toy!"
"And buy them they will Cliff! ;) Oh have I forgotten to say that Jack's back? Well now he'll sell with Bargainbee left behind, clogging the shelves! :-( "
Image

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:04 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Flashwave wrote:Well, shucks. Here i got all excited that they might be using Makeshift as leverage, posing as a Dead Cliffy, but you guys have comics to back it up.

I suppose it could be a protoform, though...


Well, Makeshift is dead too, so it couldn't have been that anyway.

What? Who could be a protoform?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Well, shucks. Here i got all excited that they might be using Makeshift as leverage, posing as a Dead Cliffy, but you guys have comics to back it up.

I suppose it could be a protoform, though...


Well, Makeshift is dead too, so it couldn't have been that anyway.

What? Who could be a protoform?

Lol you find out makeshift put a bomb o the real wheeljack and shoved him through the griund bridge to the decepticon ship.

Btw those comics shouldnt be taken as canon. I would want the cartoon to show all the history between characters. Especially the dinos :)
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:Btw those comics shouldnt be taken as canon. I would want the cartoon to show all the history between characters. Especially the dinos :)
Canon: Anything officially licensed by Hasbro and/or TakaraTomy.

And, as the video games, novels, and other comics have clearly shown, the cartoon is obviously not going to show the entirety of the history. Look at Makeshift, for example. The show killed him off, so it was up to Exiles to flesh him out and explore his character.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18030
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Well, shucks. Here i got all excited that they might be using Makeshift as leverage, posing as a Dead Cliffy, but you guys have comics to back it up.

I suppose it could be a protoform, though...


Well, Makeshift is dead too, so it couldn't have been that anyway.

What? Who could be a protoform?

Lol you find out makeshift put a bomb o the real wheeljack and shoved him through the griund bridge to the decepticon ship.


I doubt Wheeljack would referring to Starscream as "Lord" like Makeshift did when he was shoved through the Ground Bridge. :D
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby El Duque » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The official Transformers facebook page has shared another teaser image from this evening all new episode of Transformers Prime. Be sure to catch Shockwave's Transformers Prime debut tonight on the Hub at 7:30 PM ET.

Shockwave comes to Transformers Prime! Share this exclusive pic if you're looking forward to checking out the purple guy's big debut tonight at 7:30 pm ET on The Hub TV Network!


Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
shockwave eyeball
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:26 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:


you dont feel the excitement, no? lol

I was hoping for a better pic of big ol purple
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:


you dont feel the excitement, no? lol

I was hoping for a better pic of big ol purple


I didn't know excitement was a solid object. I must feel it immediately!

:lol:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:


you dont feel the excitement, no? lol

I was hoping for a better pic of big ol purple


I didn't know excitement was a solid object. I must feel it immediately!

:lol:




Lol feeling emotionally excited
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:


you dont feel the excitement, no? lol

I was hoping for a better pic of big ol purple


I didn't know excitement was a solid object. I must feel it immediately!

:lol:


Lol feeling emotionally excited


Excitement could still be a physical object. Think about it. For a long time. You'll eventually figure it out.


;)

:lol:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Shockie's eye with Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Starscream's reflection in it.

The most exciting promo image yet.

:roll:


you dont feel the excitement, no? lol

I was hoping for a better pic of big ol purple


I didn't know excitement was a solid object. I must feel it immediately!

:lol:


Lol feeling emotionally excited


Excitement could still be a physical object. Think about it. For a long time. You'll eventually figure it out.


;)

:lol:


-.o
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby shocksound96 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Motto: "I'm a well trained warrior, but I seek for peace"
Weapon: Sword
I freaked out when i saw the promo :KREMZEEK:
The Warrior who seeks for peace
shocksound96
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 pm
Watch shocksound96 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 pm

"I am sorry, Dave," said Hal.
"I am afraid that I cannot do that."
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime "Out of the Past" Promo

Postby lonrac » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
Spoiler Alert???

Did that story have a ring of the IDW issue 1?

who is Billy Brown?
User avatar
lonrac
Minibot
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014