Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 am

Sabrblade wrote:Wait, WHAT?! When was THAT ever said? That's utter nonsense.


And I quote... "Okay, well, as far as Hasbro's concerned, Hot Shot couldn't be in the Prime cartoon." His words. As in the fact that Hasbro had no intention keep their tradition alive by placing a marketable character into their series. All because he said that.

Sabrblade wrote:What is wrong with you? The guy from War for Cybertron IS Sentinel Zeta Prime. "Sentinel" is his title, while "Zeta" is his name (with "Prime" being his rank).
Even if that is true, it doesn't explain why High Moon did not mention it at all... As it is their creation. And adds to the confusion to why they did not say anything about him being Orion Pax, either. (Again, this falls on the lap of High Moon, not Hasbro.)

Then again... Takara Tomy has not explained the G1 continuity error (i.e. Convoy's appearance in Beast Wars) that they included in their new G1 timeline. So since I am trying to respect you, I'll accept that explanation and just conclude that Prime's name change went from Orion Pax to Optimus to Optimus Prime. :-? (And not Orion Pax to Optimus Prime, as Ratchet explained earlier.)

Sabrblade wrote:Technically, "Team Magnus", the Wreckers, are a disbanded bunch, so they are a team no longer.
Actually... There is a correction (much like you and Prime need one with this unneeded Sky Lynx attitude that makes me facepalm just because he made it sound like he meant the character... As in a misunderstanding) to this - "Team Magnus" was never mentioned in any portions of the series. And with Ultra Magnus getting both the Hasbro and "Arms Microns" treatment, Hasbro is going to want to make sure that either "Ultra" (which is a title in some continuities) or "Magnus" (which is a title in others) is a lesser title to that of "Prime."

Oh, and also, based on Hasbro's history... They are most likely going to do an episode that has Ultra Magnus offer Bulkhead a position into his new team of Wreckers. Because one, they made the character. And two, it will allow the writers to show the fans the kind of Autobot Bulkhead has become ever since he joined "Team Prime." :BOT:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am

Mindmaster wrote:One phrase for the above arguments: my head hurts. :BOOM:

I don't know who got served more, Sabrblade the human encyclopedia or K-N Maximus, a guy we barely know who seems to know his stuff. Clash of the titans here folks! Tune in next week for round two!

:lol: Dude... Thank you for stating that! My only mistake was that I mistook the mentioning of "Hot Rod" as the character. And instead, I have two people talk down to me... Despite the fact that before returning to this site, I was pretty much looking up stuff on both Wikipedia and TFwiki. :lol:

Sorry... I am laughing because this only started because the Hot Rod name. :lol: That, and the sheer irony of it all. :lol: Because one told me not to be that way, yet he does it himself. And another, I do believe, told me not to judge something that I do not own. :lol:

Oh, and if you think this is bad... Earlier this month, I spent 3 hours trying to figure out which Autobots held an actual Commander rank in the Takara Tomy version of the G1 continuity. I was supposed to sleep that night because I was going to be driving to Anaheim! But instead, I ended up writing that up and making a bad call by assuming that the Gestalt leaders held commander titles! (I recently found out that they didn't.) :lol:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Bubbah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 am

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I for one can't wait to see the new episodes. Sure the series has had it's ups and down (they all do), but overall I'm really liking it and I'm really excited to see the new character. I love all the nods and easter eggs being referenced to all the other series, even while this one stands on its own. Personally I'm thinking the new character is either Magnus or Kup but I'm certainly not going to complain regardless of who it is, I'm just happy new episodes are resuming!
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Bubbah wrote:I for one can't wait to see the new episodes. Sure the series has had it's ups and down (they all do), but overall I'm really liking it and I'm really excited to see the new character. I love all the nods and easter eggs being referenced to all the other series, even while this one stands on its own. Personally I'm thinking the new character is either Magnus or Kup but I'm certainly not going to complain regardless of who it is, I'm just happy new episodes are resuming!


This. This is the words of a fan. Why can't we all
Be like this? -starts humming Kumbaya-
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5510
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Bubbah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 am

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Mindmaster wrote:
Bubbah wrote:I for one can't wait to see the new episodes. Sure the series has had it's ups and down (they all do), but overall I'm really liking it and I'm really excited to see the new character. I love all the nods and easter eggs being referenced to all the other series, even while this one stands on its own. Personally I'm thinking the new character is either Magnus or Kup but I'm certainly not going to complain regardless of who it is, I'm just happy new episodes are resuming!


This. This is the words of a fan. Why can't we all
Be like this? -starts humming Kumbaya-

:lol: thanks, but don't make me setup a campfire ... I'll do it too! Haha

And I'm all for debate, etc but there does come a time when things get TOO serious. In the end this is a hobby based off a cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this hobby and have since I was a kid growing up with G1, but it's still a hobby (albeit an expensive one sometimes lol). And especially when it comes to continuity, there will always be debate but one thing we all have to remember is that every single timeline/continuity has holes and inconsistancies ... It's bound to happen unfortunately.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I'm using my iPhone, so unfortunately this is going to be one great big paragraph. There have been marketable characters in Transformers fiction that never made it into the cartoon or movie, so we don't need every toy in a line to have a show appearance, although Animated did a good job of defying this. Again, we're not trying to talk down to you. We're stating facts that we've observed (and in my case, have taken plenty of notes on) in the continuity family at hand. I thought I made it perfectly clear that I was talking about the name to begin with, but I had to drive my point in 6 times before the misunderstanding was realized, and then we got stuck with all of this shit. Please, can we move on before we get too much attention? From the wrong kind of people?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby xyl360 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:26 am

It's gotta be Optimus Primal. When he was obliterated in the finale of Season 1 of Beast Wars, he popped up in the Japanese continuity's Beast Wars II. I'm betting that after he left that continuity, he pops up in Prime, gets destroyed, gets retrieved by Rhinox from the Matrix only to come back in Season 2 of Beast Wars :P.

OK, not gonna happen, I was only joking.

I'm betting on Ultra Magnus.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2911
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:21 am

PrimeStriker wrote:A) Yes, they did. Which is why they were able to produce a toy of Hot Rod AND Rodimus Prime.

B) Yes, true. Nobody in the series so far has been named Hot Rod. And if you were so kind enough as to research your sources you would know that Hasbro said themselves, and I quote:

Aaron Archer wrote:According to Aaron Archer at the BotCon 2010 Activision panel, the character was named "Hot Shot" due to "Hot Rod" being an unprotectable name. Hasbro later revealed that they didn't name him Rodimus because they wanted fans to see how he became Rodimus.


I did my research. It states that when Hasbro was doing the Commemorative Series, they planned to reissue Hot Rod. However, both coyright and trademark laws have changed since The Rebirth and that time, which made them change it numerous times in hope of protecting their rights with said character. However, IDW pretty much disregarded that with Spotlight: Hot Rod. And Takara Tomy also used the name Hot Rod for the Henkei! line... Even though we know the character as Hot Shot.

As for the two figures, Hasbro licensed Takara to make them without going into detail that they would be the same character. Once they did, Takara was rumored to not be happy while making a new mold.

PrimeStriker wrote:Wow, are you seriously....ugh. Hasbro can and does make characters specifically for a toyline, not to appear in a show or movie. Not every character that is a goddamn toy is going to appear in the show. The argument that he has a character model is invalid, as it's only a repaint (with a different head) of the Bumblebee action pose we've all seen.

We've gotten people such as Wreckage (in the Movie toyline), Armorhide (in the Cybertron toyline), and many other characters part of the main toyline that never got references nor screen-time in the show or movie their toylines hailed from.


The movie line included characters that were to be added to the movies, but were not. Plus, they molested my fandom. However, excluding that, every character placed in their main G1 and Animated lines have made some kind of appearance in said series.

HOWEVER... The only line I see as Hasbro's dumping ground for characters that will not appear in the series are in their Cyberverse line. Beyond that, if the character has a history that is not retconned by the series, my writer instincts predict that they will be used. :grin:

PrimeStriker wrote:I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you're making statements that weren't carefully researched, and they're coming out to be wrong.
That is the problem, you do not know me... Yet you act like I am a noob on the subject. I mean, dude... I do constant research on every character and series that does interest me. I do this at a near-obsessive level, especially when it comes to the progress of PRIME. Simply because I refuse to own a character, or a variation of a character, that does not interest me in the series. :lol:

And it is both the reason why I concluded that Hot Shot may be either the guest character or mentioned in a flashback... Is not the new main cast member... And comes off being tied to a story element in season 3.

Oh... And the reason why Rescue Robots disinterested me was because it is aimed at a 3-5 year old demographic. The rest was because WFC and PRIME stopped matching up on its facts by the end of the first season, and IDW announced a Dinobots limited series that ties FOC with PRIME.

PrimeStriker wrote:It's hard to rant on the facts when your facts aren't aligned, no pun intended. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I'm simply defending a continuity that I find very, very interesting. And the factions we favor shouldn't affect our Transformers Fan Brotherhood.
Actually... I originally wanted to apologize if I did misunderstand you when it came to "Hot Rod." :P However, this mess happened and I spent most of my free time wondering "Why are they assuming things about me? Why not just get to know me by PM?" instead of the topic at hand. :P

And besides... PRIME is my #2 animated (#3 overall) series for a reason. So when it comes to the series, yeah... I treat it as its own continuity while using elements from the games, book, etc. as references. :grin:

PrimeStriker wrote:Hot Shot could appear in Prime, but my point is that there would be a major continuity hole if he did unless he was Rodimus (not saying this continuity doesn't have holes within itself already). And by the way they're tagging us along with a secret Autobot these days, the "friend" and "new recruit" we're hearing about has a 52% chance of turning out to be Wheeljack.

That is the thing... I never did see PRIME as anything but a self-contained portion of this continuity. :-?

And as for the "friend"... They said he or she was tied to Arcee's past. Jackie was tied to Bulkhead's past. And excuse my brain as it was still boggled from my trip to Japan (BTW, I found a "Club Primus"), but I assumed that Jackie became a card-carrying reserved member out of respect for the team. :lol: If it is him, after all, I could see it happening.

Would be a shame, though, as Jetfire has great potential when it comes to the series. :P
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 am

Bubbah wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Bubbah wrote:I for one can't wait to see the new episodes. Sure the series has had it's ups and down (they all do), but overall I'm really liking it and I'm really excited to see the new character. I love all the nods and easter eggs being referenced to all the other series, even while this one stands on its own. Personally I'm thinking the new character is either Magnus or Kup but I'm certainly not going to complain regardless of who it is, I'm just happy new episodes are resuming!


This. This is the words of a fan. Why can't we all
Be like this? -starts humming Kumbaya-

:lol: thanks, but don't make me setup a campfire ... I'll do it too! Haha

And I'm all for debate, etc but there does come a time when things get TOO serious. In the end this is a hobby based off a cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this hobby and have since I was a kid growing up with G1, but it's still a hobby (albeit an expensive one sometimes lol). And especially when it comes to continuity, there will always be debate but one thing we all have to remember is that every single timeline/continuity has holes and inconsistancies ... It's bound to happen unfortunately.

As much as I like Ultra Magnus (I actually own his "Alternity" version, BTW), I got to see his Robots in Disguise figure... And that screams "LEADER!" to the point that my ears started ringing.

And with Kup, I heard a rumor that both he and Ironhide are going to be sitting in a balcony box heckling the other Autobots, as well as get away with it because they are old. :P

Besides... I would join you both, if permitted, but I heard that Japanese Airachnid comes off as a bit boy crazy. So instead, let me share this with you guys and maybe start a wager on who the new teammate will be... Okay? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft09asLFUx4
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Stumpybot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
wow, nothing like a vague one line summary of an episode to prompt a heated debate on continuities, ownership of names and the importance of the toyline. :P

as much as im excited about a new recruit, even when its probably just wheeljack lol (im rooting for magnus), im more excited about next weekend. New prime episode and FOC on my xbox, twice the alligned continuity fun.
User avatar
Stumpybot
Minibot
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Scourgescream » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:32 am

Mindmaster wrote:One phrase for the above arguments: my head hurts. :BOOM:

I don't know who got served more, Sabrblade the human encyclopedia or K-N Maximus, a guy we barely know who seems to know his stuff. Clash of the titans here folks! Tune in next week for round two!


Saberblade get served surely not? oh wait, thats right. He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. I for one am glad to see him get taken down a peg or two.

Not that any of this really has to do with the topic.

Who is the new recruit? my money is on Ultra Magnus.
Scourgescream
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:22 am

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby NovaSentinel » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:40 am

Motto: "If I were a muffin, i'd be blueberry"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Although Magnus will likely make an appearance at some point, I doubt he will ever join team Prime
So, so far we have 7 autobot character types
Optimus - honourable leader
Bulkhead - not too brainy bruiser
Ratchet - Cranky scientist
Bumblebee - lovable hero
Arcee - small warrior sniper
Cliffjumper - red shirt kill for impact
Wheeljack - Rogue elite warrior

So we still need
??? - Cocky fast guy (Sideswipe, Hot Shot, Blurr)
??? - High Ranking By the book officer (Prowl, Jetfire, Kup)
??? - Aerial Guy (Jetfire, Air-Raid, Silverbolt)
??? - Tough guy to rival bulkhead (Ironhide, Trailbreaker)

My bet is on one of the first two, so probably Sideswipe or Prowl, or maybe Jazz
Any of them would be welcome though...

Also for those arguing about the hot shot/rod/rodimus issue, Rodimus may not evolve from hot shot/rod in this continuity...
Transformers Energon is everyone's guilty pleasure. Go on. Admit it.
User avatar
NovaSentinel
Vehicon
Posts: 376
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Brekshire
Watch NovaSentinel on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby iguanabytes » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:18 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
this went a little crazy overnight- Ultra Magnus could be the rules and regs guy that was mentioned. And his size and power could make him a foil for Optimus
Everyone carries a bucket of crazy of some size. here is where I empty mine gradually:http://primordialbadgersmediahoard.blogspot.com/
iguanabytes
Micromaster
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 am
Location: Colorado
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Stumpybot wrote:wow, nothing like a vague one line summary of an episode to prompt a heated debate on continuities, ownership of names and the importance of the toyline. :P

as much as im excited about a new recruit, even when its probably just wheeljack lol (im rooting for magnus), im more excited about next weekend. New prime episode and FOC on my xbox, twice the alligned continuity fun.

All I did was say that Rodimus could exist, which caused that. :lol: So sorry about that, guys. :lol:

Even then, I am hoping they will throw us a curveball and diversify the team. However, reading up on the summaries and the fact they have yet talked about making any new characters for the Robots in Disguise line... Sounds like it's gonna be Jackie. :BOT:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
It's over. Forget about it. It just really pissed me off when I said in a completely specific and clear matter:
PrimeStriker wrote:There is no Hot Rod in the Aligned Continuity. It is Hot Shot that becomes Rodimus in this continuity. Besides, they no longer have the rights to the name "Hot Rod," nor would it work because Hot Shot is Rodimus on Cybertron anyway.

The toy further confuses things. :)


That he would respond:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:There is no Hot Rod in the Aligned Continuity.

I want to correct you right there - There is no "Hot Rod" in the continuity, but there can be a Rodimus. And with there being more than a single Aligned continuity, they could introduce him as a character that is part of the survivng Wreckers team! :grin:


It felt like he barely read my whole paragraph, and decided to instantly quote without closely examining or reading what I said. It felt like he didn't know a whole lot about this continuity family, and I got mad when we continued argue, and matters were being brought up that had diddly-shit to do with what I originally said (e.g Being a fan since the 80s, feeling "put down," continuity holes, toylines, etc.), which sparked up a whole lot of crap. I honestly don't feel like hearing anymore "Sabrblade vs Kuma-Nin" or "PrimeStriker & Sabrblade vs Kuma-Nin," because if it is kept up, mods will be brought into the mingle and then we've got serious problems.

A misunderstanding is understandable. And please....this shouldn't have been said:

Scourgescream wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:One phrase for the above arguments: my head hurts. :BOOM:

I don't know who got served more, Sabrblade the human encyclopedia or K-N Maximus, a guy we barely know who seems to know his stuff. Clash of the titans here folks! Tune in next week for round two!


Saberblade get served surely not? oh wait, thats right. He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. I for one am glad to see him get taken down a peg or two.


We're only going to get in more trouble with that. No. Please don't.
Last edited by PrymeStriker on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Whoops, double post -_-
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
*looks at thread* Oy vey. (:|

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Being a PRIME fan, I found out that the version in Japan is totally different than here. As in the fact that if this was Japanese first, they would have placed Hot Shot in the team while trying to make him a "friendly marketable character for those who both buy the toys and play with them"... Versus here, where they took portions of how G1 was structured, and made it better.
So, what you're saying is that, if the show had been a Japanese creation instead of an american one, hot shot would have been an in-show character from the get-go instead of being a toy-only character? When was that said? And from whom? :???: :???: :???:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Here you ignorantly condescend me instead of talking to me as a fan who said that he has been following said franchise since the 1980s.
How is that condescending? All I said was that Prime isn't a G1 series.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:If you bothered knowing me, you would know that all he needed to do is just make the clarification with the reason that a lot of G1 fans still call Rodimus "Hot Rod" for their own reasons... Hence the misunderstanding that would have me thank him for clearing that up, and other friendly stuff.
Well, that's between you two.

Though, I know G1 fans still call G1 Rodimus "Hot Rod", but this is about Prime/Aligned, which would imply a Prime/Aligned Hot Rod, which is a role already taken by Prime/Aligned Hot Shot.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You would have known that I have played the game, and watched the entire series. However, you would also have known that there are continuity errors when you try to put the three together. Hence why I dismissed it as being "one big continuity"... And not the fact that it is excellent material for their own continuities.
Oh, I know of the whole issue between the discrepancies between the games and show, but those are being rectified by the higher ups as we speak. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:(FYI, I also said that Hasbro would be smart to tie the Generations line to the novel, as in maybe getting fans of that line be interested in the book. That, and allow the author to create his own timeline for Hasbro in the process.)
Hmmm. Interesting thought. Though, technically the Generations line already kinda is tied to the novels, as the toyline contains toys of the characters from the video games, several of which are featured characters in the novels. so it already wraps up nicely. :D

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:However, you fall back onto the continuity errors. Such as the fact that in the game, he was known as Optimus before he became Optimus Prime. Yet, Ratchet stated that before he became Optimus Prime, he was Orion Pax. And in the book, it talked about Sentinel Prime... Yet the game only mentioned Zeta Prime. Hasbro tried clarifying this in 2010 by claiming that his name was actually "Sentinel Zeta Prime." >:oP
The Sentinel Zeta Prime thing does fix that, yes, and was further clarified in the Transformers Vault book, which stated that the "Sentinel" part is a title instead of a name. So, in the novel Zeta being referred to as "Sentinel Prime" would be akin to one referring to Optimus Prime as "Commander Prime" or something (since Optimus is "Autobot Commander" and all). ;)

Though, Fall of Cybertron reveals that WFC Optimus was indeed named "Orion Pax" prior to the first game, as Teletraan-1 calls him that before correcting itself.

And the War for Cybertron comic showed how WFC Orion Pax became Optimus Prime when he and Megatron appeared before the High Council.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Not according to the official timeline that is posted in TFwiki. >:oP The timeline states that the series happens before PRIME, not during. As in the events tied to the series happen between "After the Great Exodus" and the arrival of both Team Prime and the Decepticons.
I am the one who wrote all that Rescue Bots info in that TFWiki Aligned timeline article.

Look under the "Present day" section near the bottom of that page. About four paragraphs down is a line of text that reads:
At some unspecified time, Optimus Prime sets up a team of Rescue Bots on Griffin Rock, in which they live with a local family to better understand humanity and serve as their protectors.
That is where episode 1 of Rescue Bots takes place, during the present day events of Transformers: Prime.

The reason it uses the word "unspecified" (and the reason there's no further present day info for the show) is because the folks at TFWiki (including myself) have yet to figure out how to wrap around the events of the Rescue Bots cartoon in relation to the Prime cartoon. so we're waiting for further official clarification before proceeding.

However, any past event info the show tells us is okay to be inserted since it does not effect the present day events to that great an extent, which is why most of the Rescue Bots info in that timeline is stuff that happened in the times before the show's beginning.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Which, by the way, makes me want to watch Rescue Robots now. :lol:
Cool! It's well worth checking out. I recommend it highly. :grin:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:A lot of disregard for the facts and fandom here, Sabrblade. Such as the fact that The Transformers was Hasbro's baby from the beginning. The only series they they were not involved with, however, were the series Toei solely worked on... Car Robots (Robots in Disguise)... AND both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
Um... what does any of that have to do with the Aligned continuity? :???:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Oh... And in terms of fandom, my understanding is that if it is a Transformers series/timeline/product/etc. here, it should matter regardless of our preferences here. Or did I not get that memo between the time that the Heavy Wars game burnt me out while the Unicron Trilogy bored me... And the time I wanted to join, even though I was going to join once I obtained my 10th Transformer? (Which, ironically, turned out to be Sky Lynx.) :lol:
Still confused. :???:


KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And I quote... "Okay, well, as far as Hasbro's concerned, Hot Shot couldn't be in the Prime cartoon." His words. As in the fact that Hasbro had no intention keep their tradition alive by placing a marketable character into their series. All because he said that.
Oh. Well, in that case, I question both cases.

PrimeStriker, what makes you think Hot Shot "can't" be in the Prime cartoon?

KUMA-NIN Maximus, while I do agree that it's possible for Hot Shot to appear in the show, just because they make a toy of him does not automatically guarantee that he will be inserted into the show (they said the same about Cyberverse Ironhide). Toy-only characters exist.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Even if that is true, it doesn't explain why High Moon did not mention it at all... As it is their creation. And adds to the confusion to why they did not say anything about him being Orion Pax, either. (Again, this falls on the lap of High Moon, not Hasbro.)
High Moon was simply given a whole lot of leeway with WFC and wasn't thinking of all what else Hasbro had in store for the game's continuity.

This time, however, with Fall of Cybertron, High Moon worked much closer with Hasbro to make sure this new game fit better in the grand scheme of things.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Then again... Takara Tomy has not explained the G1 continuity error (i.e. Convoy's appearance in Beast Wars) that they included in their new G1 timeline.
What G1 continuity error about Convoy in Beast Wars? :???:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So since I am trying to respect you, I'll accept that explanation and just conclude that Prime's name change went from Orion Pax to Optimus to Optimus Prime. :-? (And not Orion Pax to Optimus Prime, as Ratchet explained earlier.)
Adding in the War for Cybertron comic, it kinda feels like he went from "Orion Pax" to "Optimus Prime", rejected the "Prime" part since SZP was still technically active, and then accepted the "Prime" part after SZP's death.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:"Team Magnus" was never mentioned in any portions of the series.
I know, I was just using it as a half-joking term to refer to the Wreckers, who are Ultra Magnus' team. That's all.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Oh, and also, based on Hasbro's history... They are most likely going to do an episode that has Ultra Magnus offer Bulkhead a position into his new team of Wreckers. Because one, they made the character. And two, it will allow the writers to show the fans the kind of Autobot Bulkhead has become ever since he joined "Team Prime." :BOT:
I just meant that the current team of Wreckers aren't really together anymore, according Wheeljack. But I do like the idea of Ultra Magnus showing up to better illustrate Bulkhead's backstory. 8)

The more I think about it, the more I feel I'm wanting Prime Ultra Magnus to be brought into this show. Maybe not necessarily as the new recruit mentioned here, but just in this show at some point. :D
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16213
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:A lot of disregard for the facts and fandom here, Sabrblade. Such as the fact that The Transformers was Hasbro's baby from the beginning. The only series they they were not involved with, however, were the series Toei solely worked on... Car Robots (Robots in Disguise)... AND both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
Um... what does any of that have to do with the Aligned continuity? :???:


The Transformers wasn't Hasbro's baby to begin with. That's utter bull. Sabrblade's talking about the Aligned Continuity being their baby, Kuma, not the Transformers franchise.

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And I quote... "Okay, well, as far as Hasbro's concerned, Hot Shot couldn't be in the Prime cartoon." His words. As in the fact that Hasbro had no intention keep their tradition alive by placing a marketable character into their series. All because he said that.
Oh. Well, in that case, I question both cases.

PrimeStriker, what makes you think Hot Shot "can't" be in the Prime cartoon?

KUMA-NIN Maximus, while I do agree that it's possible for Hot Shot to appear in the show, just because they make a toy of him does not automatically guarantee that he will be inserted into the show (they said the same about Cyberverse Ironhide). Toy-only characters exist.


I do see how Hot Shot could be in Prime now

However, my only reason for thinking Hot Shot couldn't be in the Prime cartoon is because Hot Shot already exists in WFC, and then the fact that in BB @ Tyger Pax he is already Rodimus. I couldn't see how he could be Hot Shot in WFC, then become Rodimus, just to go back to Hot Shot unless he relinquished the title/name (or got it stripped from him) at some point in time before the Great Exodus, which would have to be thoroughly explained in Prime.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Bubbah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:As much as I like Ultra Magnus (I actually own his "Alternity" version, BTW), I got to see his Robots in Disguise figure... And that screams "LEADER!" to the point that my ears started ringing.

And with Kup, I heard a rumor that both he and Ironhide are going to be sitting in a balcony box heckling the other Autobots, as well as get away with it because they are old. :P

Besides... I would join you both, if permitted, but I heard that Japanese Airachnid comes off as a bit boy crazy. So instead, let me share this with you guys and maybe start a wager on who the new teammate will be... Okay? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft09asLFUx4

I haven't heard anything about Kup not being in it because he's too old, but I do remember hearing Ironhide is for sure not in it because of the movie series and confusing kids. Bulkhead was initially going to be Ironhide, but changed altogether because of this, and the creators said Bulkhead and Ironhide would not be in the show together, since they're too close together (said at Botcon if I remember right). I'm aware not every toy is on the show, but to have both Ironhide and Kup in the toyline, as the same mold, without that design in the show seems a lil odd to me (especially since both (Cyberverse and Deluxe) are coming out so close to each other. That's the only reason I have for thinking Kup.

Personally I'd much rather have Magnus in there. They've been pushing the Wreckers and including them quite a bit in the series so far, with Bulkhead, Jackie, the mention of Sea Spray (being one) and Hardshell mentioning them. With both Bulk and Jackie there, if you add Magnus he could head up a side division of Team Prime for the heavy duty/ugly fights that BB, Arcee and Ratchet aren't capable of. Plus he could be the "second in command" position and the by the books guy that everyone is thinking about with Prowl, the 2 of them are very similar in a lot of ways.

There's a whole list of characters I'd love to see in the show (Prowl, Blurr, Jazz, Sideswipe, Jetfire, etc), and not everyone is going to make it. So although I'm a huge Magnus fan, I'm trying to keep my personal preferance out of it and trying to think of what makes sense haha. :D Either way, I can't wait to see HOW they bring in the new ones!
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrimeStriker wrote:However, my only reason for thinking Hot Shot couldn't be in the Prime cartoon is because Hot Shot already exists in WFC, and then the fact that in BB @ Tyger Pax he is already Rodimus. I couldn't see how he could be Hot Shot in WFC, then become Rodimus, just to go back to Hot Shot unless he relinquished the title/name (or got it stripped from him) at some point in time before the Great Exodus, which would have to be thoroughly explained in Prime.
This might help. "Bumblebee at Tygar Pax" is an apocryphal story. While Alex Irvine wrote it, it didn't get Hasbro's official license and so remains psuedocanon, at best. Therefore, we can say that he's still Hot Shot.

My guess is that Irvine used the name "Rodimus" not knowing Hasbro's plan of showing how Hot Shot becomes Rodimus.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16213
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Can we get a moderator here, as well as an expert as well?

PrimeStriker wrote:The Transformers wasn't Hasbro's baby to begin with. That's utter bull. Sabrblade's talking about the Aligned Continuity being their baby, Kuma, not the Transformers franchise.

Prime, why don't you both stop trying to sound like experts and shut up?

The Transformers was listed as Hasbro's baby due to the fact that they came up with the idea in 1984. At the time, Takara was trying to promote a new toy line in the U.S. which did not do so well. THIS prompted them to team up with Hasbro on this franchise, as they found it to be a huge success among the test markets.

As for the Aligned continuity, this was solely based on a huge Bible-like book that has them try to tie the whole thing into a singular continuity. All the elements within the book derive from the Generation 1 era, and was rewritten in hopes of removing any continuity errors and retcons that they faced during that time.

This book, if you BOTH bothered reading up on your facts instead of spewing claims of superiority, has every plotline... Character... And element that they want in the Aligned continuity. Hasbro stated this, as well as the fact that they also stated that changes are allowed even if these elements conflict with what is stated in the book.

In other words, he who claims to want peace but is being two-faced while teaming up with a guy who also disregard the fact that Hasbro has talked about said book... HOT SHOT IS BASED ON A CHARACTER LISTED IN HASBRO'S ALIGNED CONTINUITY BOOK! AND IF THEY WANTED TO, THEY CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO MAKE RODIMUS A SEPARATE CHARACTER... AS THEY HAVE THE POWER TO DO SO!!!

So yeah... You both need to actually do your research, as it is sad that you cannot even get your facts about me correct. And that Sabrblade claimed to be a Robot Heroes fan, yet did not mention the time travelling episodes... Or the fact that the Aligned continuity has the series go from 1984 to 2012. As in the years the franchise exists.

And also... Transformers and Beast Wars were first created by Hasbro and followed up by Takara. If you still think I am wrong, try finding a reliable source that says it. Because from here on out... Nothing you say is going to be treated like a reliable source of information. Especially since you said the information listed on TFwiki is wrong.

So again... Before he rants and makes more claims about me while trying to justify their ignorance... Can we get a moderator involved? :BANG_HEAD:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Bubbah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but instead of asking for a moderators help, why not just agree to disagree and call it an end to the debate and move on? If both sides just stop replying to the disagreement and move forward with friendly discussion about who the new character(s) might be, then there's no need for moderators, warnings, etc ... Just a thought, like I said, not trying to take sides or make things worse.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Can we get a moderator here, as well as an expert as well?
Why? This conversation is interesting. It's fun to bouce ideas back and forth between one another. :smile:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Prime, why don't you both stop trying to sound like experts and shut up?
That's a mean thing to say. :-(

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:The Transformers was listed as Hasbro's baby due to the fact that they came up with the idea in 1984. At the time, Takara was trying to promote a new toy line in the U.S. which did not do so well. THIS prompted them to team up with Hasbro on this franchise, as they found it to be a huge success among the test markets.
I know this. And i'm not talking about that.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:As for the Aligned continuity, this was solely based on a huge Bible-like book that has them try to tie the whole thing into a singular continuity. All the elements within the book derive from the Generation 1 era, and was rewritten in hopes of removing any continuity errors and retcons that they faced during that time.
Close. The Binder of Revelation, as it's called, contains bits and pieces of all past series and continuities weaved into a brand new continuity. It doesn't take entire series and merge them into one single continuity, it takes elements of the previous series and weaves those elements into the new Aligned continuity.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:This book, if you BOTH bothered reading up on your facts instead of spewing claims of superiority, has every plotline... Character... And element that they want in the Aligned continuity. Hasbro stated this, as well as the fact that they also stated that changes are allowed even if these elements conflict with what is stated in the book.
Yes. And, as we've been saying, the Hot Shot who hails from that book is the guy who becomes Rodimus.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:In other words, he who claims to want peace but is being two-faced while teaming up with a guy who also disregard the fact that Hasbro has talked about said book... HOT SHOT IS BASED ON A CHARACTER LISTED IN HASBRO'S ALIGNED CONTINUITY BOOK! AND IF THEY WANTED TO, THEY CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO MAKE RODIMUS A SEPARATE CHARACTER... AS THEY HAVE THE POWER TO DO SO!!!
But said book says "Hot Shot = Rodimus".

Sure, they CAN change this, but why would they if they already have a plan laid out?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So yeah... You both need to actually do your research, as it is sad that you cannot even get your facts about me correct. And that Sabrblade claimed to be a Robot Heroes fan, yet did not mention the time travelling episodes... Or the fact that the Aligned continuity has the series go from 1984 to 2012. As in the years the franchise exists.
1. You're being mean again. :-(

2. Why would i have to mention the time-travelling episodes when they're irrelevent to this topic? If you're referring to their absence from the Aligned Timeline TFWiki page, I've had a busy weekend and have not had time to add the info into that timeline page. And, as this link shows, I have seen the episodes and loved them so much.

3. Where on that timeline do you see anything about 1984?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And also... Transformers and Beast Wars were first created by Hasbro and followed up by Takara.
And? Everyone knows that's true.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:If you still think I am wrong, try finding a reliable source that says it.
You're not wrong. no one said you were.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Because from here on out... Nothing you say is going to be treated like a reliable source of information. Especially since you said the information listed on TFwiki is wrong.
I didn't say anything about the TFWiki info being wrong. Only that I am a contributer to some of its information.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So again... Before he rants and makes more claims about me while trying to justify their ignorance... Can we get a moderator involved? :BANG_HEAD:
Why?


Okay, this is too much. I want to just take a deep breath and figure out what the issue here is.

KUMA-KIN Maximus, you strike me as an intelligent, well-versed, educated (on TF info) fan. You take Transformers seriously and I respect that. I don't want this to get ugly and assume you don't either. We don't have to get this worked up over this because reading your posts has me thinking that there's been some misunderstanding along the way. I don't want to work against you, but with you, to get to the bottom of this. You're smart, you know your TF knowledge, and you are persistent. All good qualities in my book. I just think that there's some confusion here that's keeping us from finding a common ground. I'm willing settle this with a good resolution if you are. Can we find a area of compromise to resolve this misunderstanding? Please? :PEACE:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16213
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Bubbah wrote:I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but instead of asking for a moderators help, why not just agree to disagree and call it an end to the debate and move on? If both sides just stop replying to the disagreement and move forward with friendly discussion about who the new character(s) might be, then there's no need for moderators, warnings, etc ... Just a thought, like I said, not trying to take sides or make things worse.

Agreed.

Dum dee dum dum... :BOT: *twirl* :BOT:

With Hasbro owning a "Align Community Bible" for their characters and other elements, I am 100% sure that Hot Shot will at least make a season 3 appearance along with Ultra Magnus. That, and if asked, Hasbro representatives will either say that Rodimus was reformatted into Hot Shot or that the two character coexist (much like they did in both the Henkei! and Animated continuities). Which is why I am hoping they throw a curveball and have the new teammate be Jetfire (a science-class Seeker), instead of Wheeljack... Who comes off as the obvious choice.
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Okay, this is too much. I want to just take a deep breath and figure out what the issue here is.

KUMA-KIN Maximus, you strike me as an intelligent, well-versed, educated (on TF info) fan. You take Transformers seriously and I respect that. I don't want this to get ugly and assume you don't either. We don't have to get this worked up over this because reading your posts has me thinking that there's been some misunderstanding along the way. I don't want to work against you, but with you, to get to the bottom of this. You're smart, you know your TF knowledge, and you are persistent. All good qualities in my book. I just think that there's some confusion here that's keeping us from finding a common ground. I'm willing settle this with a good resolution if you are. Can we find a area of compromise to resolve this misunderstanding? Please? :PEACE:

THIS! :lol:

Sabrblade, there was a huge misunderstanding as I mistaken his entire quotation on that portion as being the character... Not the name. I was hoping that I made the same mistake when I concluded that the Cybertron combiner team leaders had a Commander status. :lol:

And yeah... Done deal since I said to him that it was a misunderstanding and wanted to apologize if he just said that. :lol: But despite that, I have to thank you on one thing - You made me be interested in Hasbro's part of this continuity. I generally lost interest due to the conflicts, but seeing how they can do numerous variations of the same timeline... I now see it in the same tradition as how Alternity was handled. :-?

So thanks for that, and like Optimus Prime said prior to his first death... "Until all are one." :BOT:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014