Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:Though, we can pretty much assume that the Autobots lose this season. ;)


Again.

While they "won" by defeating Unicron, they "lost" Optimus in the Season 1 finale, and the beginning of Season 2 included "the Autobots trying to get out of the tight situation they were caught in."

Sound familiar?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, we can pretty much assume that the Autobots lose this season. ;)


Again.

While they "won" by defeating Unicron, they "lost" Optimus in the Season 1 finale, and the beginning of Season 2 included "the Autobots trying to get out of the tight situation they were caught in."

Sound familiar?
They didn't lose in season 1. Defeating Unicron was what they set out to do. The Orion Pax ordeal just made it a bittersweet victory.

This, though, seems more like they just flat out lose.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17395
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, we can pretty much assume that the Autobots lose this season. ;)


Again.

While they "won" by defeating Unicron, they "lost" Optimus in the Season 1 finale, and the beginning of Season 2 included "the Autobots trying to get out of the tight situation they were caught in."

Sound familiar?
They didn't lose in season 1.


Exactly. They lost Optimus, I said.

The "Again" part was in relation to the Orion Pax ordeal, not Unicron. They will more than likely flat out lose this time around, however. As you just stated.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:33 am

Let's face it the Autobots have been losing for a long time. What we are seeing in this show is really thier last gasp efforts at keeping the Autobot race alive. Sure there may be other Autobot enclaves out there, even organized resistance to the Decepticons, but what good will it do them if Optimus fails? If it wasn't for Megatron being a unbalanced ego maniac, Starscream being a coward, and Soundwave being too skittish to lead the Autobots would have been finished a long time ago.

Look at how competent Soundwave is. I firmly believe if he would step up the Decepticon victory would be assured. His misguided loyalty to Megatron has doomed the Decepticons to stagnation, to near irrelevance for ages before the recent developments.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby padfoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
njb902 wrote:Let's face it the Autobots have been losing for a long time. What we are seeing in this show is really thier last gasp efforts at keeping the Autobot race alive. Sure there may be other Autobot enclaves out there, even organized resistance to the Decepticons, but what good will it do them if Optimus fails? If it wasn't for Megatron being a unbalanced ego maniac, Starscream being a coward, and Soundwave being too skittish to lead the Autobots would have been finished a long time ago.

Look at how competent Soundwave is. I firmly believe if he would step up the Decepticon victory would be assured. His misguided loyalty to Megatron has doomed the Decepticons to stagnation, to near irrelevance for ages before the recent developments.


Your right, based on Soundwave's characterization in this series, its a fair assessment that he would be able to lead the Decepticons to a pretty quick and decisive victory. Megatron would just have to fall in the ranks and follow orders and watch his dream come true.
User avatar
padfoo
Minibot
Posts: 161
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby Hypershock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
padfoo wrote:
njb902 wrote:Let's face it the Autobots have been losing for a long time. What we are seeing in this show is really thier last gasp efforts at keeping the Autobot race alive. Sure there may be other Autobot enclaves out there, even organized resistance to the Decepticons, but what good will it do them if Optimus fails? If it wasn't for Megatron being a unbalanced ego maniac, Starscream being a coward, and Soundwave being too skittish to lead the Autobots would have been finished a long time ago.

Look at how competent Soundwave is. I firmly believe if he would step up the Decepticon victory would be assured. His misguided loyalty to Megatron has doomed the Decepticons to stagnation, to near irrelevance for ages before the recent developments.


Your right, based on Soundwave's characterization in this series, its a fair assessment that he would be able to lead the Decepticons to a pretty quick and decisive victory. Megatron would just have to fall in the ranks and follow orders and watch his dream come true.


I don't think that that would happen, that might be pretty cool though. I liked the neutered Megatron in Dark of the moon, but i think it could be done better; maybe Prime is the medium that will do that
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't think Soundwave could afford to keep Megatron alive. If Soundwave was to take over the Decepticons he would need to get rid of all the leadership. The only one that would make sense to keep is knockout as he has no ambitions for leadership and no loyalty to Megatron, he will just fallow whoever terrifies him most.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 26 "Darkest Hour"

Postby XDMan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Be careful Prime, we can't afford another Prime death!
Image

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014