Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Still want the FE, but this isn't bad. I always skip the transformation. Tell me, those are the real doors on his chest, right?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby CrimsonPrime » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Love the feet transformation but overall way too simple compare to the FE. Seriously people just save your money and buy the FE. Sure it's overprice but trust me it's worth it compare to buy this piece of crap.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby mrtbone81 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:19 pm

BeastProwl wrote:Still want the FE, but this isn't bad. I always skip the transformation. Tell me, those are the real doors on his chest, right?


Yes they are the real doors.
mrtbone81
Mini-Con
Posts: 40
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 am
Watch mrtbone81 on YouTube

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I can't think of anything else that's worth saying. I don't think I've watched any of your reviews before, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any future ones you do. Very good, sir, your Starscream review as well. Thank you.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby mrtbone81 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:I can't think of anything else that's worth saying. I don't think I've watched any of your reviews before, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any future ones you do. Very good, sir, your Starscream review as well. Thank you.


Thanks a bunch bro. Its nice to know these reviews help others.
mrtbone81
Mini-Con
Posts: 40
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 am
Watch mrtbone81 on YouTube

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Gearslide » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Garrgh! He has fake shoulders just like Powerizer Megs! Why Hasbro!?

SO happy that I managed to snag FE Bulk at a reasonable price from robotkingdom.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yeah those shoulders aren't very good, and the Mechtech is terrible, but the rest of him isn't too bad. Better than nothing I guess. Not nearly as good as the FE, but still decent. I feel they really should have painted those windows or something though.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8727
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Fenrir Prime » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Honestly I feel much better about buying this one now. It looks better than i expected and id much rather buy this for $20 than spend $140 buying the FE. It's cool but I'm not spending that much on a voyager. That being said, great review.
User avatar
Fenrir Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby CBratetron » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Motto: "Life goes on. You will not."
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Actually the shoulders are more show-accurate than the FE's. That being said, I think the colour of the FE shoulders is better than the black he has on the show.

Other than price, I'm hard pressed finding any reasons why I'd want this over a Takara FE.
Beast Hunters is coming. Well played Mayans.
User avatar
CBratetron
Minibot
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Can't wait to get this. Like I've said before, the only problem with this figure is that there ever was a FE version in the first place. This isn't a bad toy.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby dragons » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 am

hasbro will be selling more if they satyed with first editions to begin with i spen 100 on first on voyager prime i ddint like crappy verison we have in stores only voyager is selling megatron where i live prime is only one not leaving :BANG_HEAD:
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2467
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 am

dragons wrote:hasbro will be selling more if they satyed with first editions to begin with i spen 100 on first on voyager prime i ddint like crappy verison we have in stores only voyager is selling megatron where i live prime is only one not leaving :BANG_HEAD:


PRID Optimus Prime is a good figure, actually. None of them have been bad figures (well, I just can't like Cliffjumper for one reason or another), a few of them just unfortunately came out after a slightly to moderately better version of the same character.

Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

'Weapons' are HORRIBLE

Postby Shockwave7 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 am

Ye gods - those mech tech weapons are HORRIBLE. They were bad on the DOTM toys, but here they're just.... words fail me.

On Starscream it made no sense to have a huge brick welded to the top of the plane. It's a JET - how could it fly with what's essentially a colossal anvil strapped to one wing?

It might have made sense for Bulkhead to have a big weapon that needed muscle to haul around. But somehow, Hasbro made even THIS look out of place and wrong.

They may have had a two pronged idea here. Satisfy the older collectors by giving them a decent transforming toy. And satisfy the younger ones with a big honking weapon toy that's easy to use and has flashy lights.

It may have had the opposite effect. The younger collectors may not like the figure getting in the way of their weapon. And the older collectors seem to unanimously dislike these butt-ugly, clumsy mech-tech ripoffs ruining the look of their figures.

In this case, Hasbro didn't pull off a deft maneuver, but a DAFT one.
Shockwave7
Minibot
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Che » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am

Lord Onixprime wrote:Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".

Agree, but I don't buy that as excuse anymore. It is like to say that if we didn't know better, we would be happy, so HasTak should never allow us to know what they are able to do because, you know, too much work... If that is the case, I welcome the competition from 3rd parties. HasTak should see all this outcry as an opportunity. Anyway, even without FE, I doubt that most people would be happy with those waste-of-plastic-weapons...
Che
Micromaster
Posts: 55
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am

Che wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".

Agree, but I don't buy that as excuse anymore. It is like to say that if we didn't know better, we would be happy, so HasTak should never allow us to know what they are able to do because, you know, too much work... If that is the case, I welcome the competition from 3rd parties. HasTak should see all this outcry as an opportunity. Anyway, even without FE, I doubt that most people would be happy with those waste-of-plastic-weapons...


Nope, never was defending the weapons. They are garbage I toss aside never to see the light of day again (aside from Megatron's canon, it actually works and makes sense). But as for the figures themselves, they are perfectly fine figures. Simplistic enough to appease kids and parents, and show accurate enough that they should (and would again if not for FE) appease to fans.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm


Return to Transformers Toy Reviews