Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Can't wait to get this. Like I've said before, the only problem with this figure is that there ever was a FE version in the first place. This isn't a bad toy.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby dragons » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 am

hasbro will be selling more if they satyed with first editions to begin with i spen 100 on first on voyager prime i ddint like crappy verison we have in stores only voyager is selling megatron where i live prime is only one not leaving :BANG_HEAD:
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2478
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 am

dragons wrote:hasbro will be selling more if they satyed with first editions to begin with i spen 100 on first on voyager prime i ddint like crappy verison we have in stores only voyager is selling megatron where i live prime is only one not leaving :BANG_HEAD:


PRID Optimus Prime is a good figure, actually. None of them have been bad figures (well, I just can't like Cliffjumper for one reason or another), a few of them just unfortunately came out after a slightly to moderately better version of the same character.

Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

'Weapons' are HORRIBLE

Postby Shockwave7 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 am

Ye gods - those mech tech weapons are HORRIBLE. They were bad on the DOTM toys, but here they're just.... words fail me.

On Starscream it made no sense to have a huge brick welded to the top of the plane. It's a JET - how could it fly with what's essentially a colossal anvil strapped to one wing?

It might have made sense for Bulkhead to have a big weapon that needed muscle to haul around. But somehow, Hasbro made even THIS look out of place and wrong.

They may have had a two pronged idea here. Satisfy the older collectors by giving them a decent transforming toy. And satisfy the younger ones with a big honking weapon toy that's easy to use and has flashy lights.

It may have had the opposite effect. The younger collectors may not like the figure getting in the way of their weapon. And the older collectors seem to unanimously dislike these butt-ugly, clumsy mech-tech ripoffs ruining the look of their figures.

In this case, Hasbro didn't pull off a deft maneuver, but a DAFT one.
Shockwave7
Minibot
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Che » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am

Lord Onixprime wrote:Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".

Agree, but I don't buy that as excuse anymore. It is like to say that if we didn't know better, we would be happy, so HasTak should never allow us to know what they are able to do because, you know, too much work... If that is the case, I welcome the competition from 3rd parties. HasTak should see all this outcry as an opportunity. Anyway, even without FE, I doubt that most people would be happy with those waste-of-plastic-weapons...
Che
Micromaster
Posts: 55
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Transformers Prime VOYAGER RID BULKHEAD Video Review

Postby Lord Onixprime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am

Che wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:Really, Hasbro's biggest mistake wasn't canceling the FE line, it was releasing it in the first place knowing that they weren't going to stick with it. Otherwise, every complaint about these figures wouldn't be "it isn't as good as the FE".

Agree, but I don't buy that as excuse anymore. It is like to say that if we didn't know better, we would be happy, so HasTak should never allow us to know what they are able to do because, you know, too much work... If that is the case, I welcome the competition from 3rd parties. HasTak should see all this outcry as an opportunity. Anyway, even without FE, I doubt that most people would be happy with those waste-of-plastic-weapons...


Nope, never was defending the weapons. They are garbage I toss aside never to see the light of day again (aside from Megatron's canon, it actually works and makes sense). But as for the figures themselves, they are perfectly fine figures. Simplistic enough to appease kids and parents, and show accurate enough that they should (and would again if not for FE) appease to fans.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm


Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014