Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Dean ML » Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 am

Wow, looks like FE OP is as good as it's going to get! Glad I'm collecting TF Prime figures. Trying to finish up my movie collection, I don't need the added frustration and expense of the First Edition debacle.
Dean ML
Fuzor
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I love how the reviewer states "I am not afraid to expose this TF on my shelf so long as it's the front part", hilarious! :)) Now the laugh factor aside what's not to laugh at is this new Prime...WTF?? Can someone confirm that his feet look white with no paint apps? It's bad enough that they chose to leave his hand weapon without paint apps but his feet, c'mon Takara!! They could have at least used the same paint that was used for his upper legs above the blue. #-o

And after considering this Prime over AM Prime it think it's pretty clear which I will pick up. I seriously think there is a perverted designer over there at HasTak with the pink-like nipples on AM Arcee and now the red pecker sticking out of Weaponizer Prime how couldn't there be...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1488
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:59 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
What a piece of crap!

Hollow legs, Meh-tech ports and that stupid bloody cod piece weapon deployment knob. What the hell were Hasbro thinking?

Its obvious the budget was spent developing the gimmick rather than creating a decent toy.
Image
User avatar
MightyMagnus78
Brainmaster
Posts: 1479
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Nekoman » Sat May 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Guess I'm somewhat the deviant as always, as I kind of like it.

As a Leader sized/priced toy, it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. It's not too hot compared to the FE one either, but I think we just have to face that for the most part nothing they produce now will be on the same level of quality we had with those toys. We've got new designers and a worse economy, so it's to be expected (not that I feel those factors justify how Hasbro's handled this line).

Compared to the newer Voyager, this one has a few advantages. Sure it looks a little sloppy from behind, but overall I think this one looks a lot cleaner than that toy, and the bigger figure is great for those who care about scale (not that I do in particular).

All in all, I think this one will be pretty good if you could score it for less than retail, or if we never get a better chance at the FE figures. I'll probably go for it should they also make a bigger Megatron.

I hate being positive.
User avatar
Nekoman
City Commander
Posts: 3460
News Credits: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:40 am
Location: Athens, GA
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby omega666 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Another example where the gimmick ruins the figure. Easy pass.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
omega666
Gestalt
Posts: 2125
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:55 pm
Watch omega666 on YouTube
Buy from omega666 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Wallas » Sat May 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Nemesis Destron wrote:Can someone confirm that his feet look white with no paint apps? It's bad enough that they chose to leave his hand weapon without paint apps but his feet, c'mon Takara!! They could have at least used the same paint that was used for his upper legs above the blue. #-o



I can tell you that his feet are not white, what seems white due to my halogen light system is actually light shade of grey, for orientation I'll say it's the same kind of grey used on Voyager DOTM Megatron or Movie Camshaft, or Battle Blade Voyager Prime, for example.

I'll produce initial pictures of this toy on the same background soon if that will be useful to anyone.
Image
User avatar
Wallas
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 1:24 am
Watch Wallas on YouTube

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby That Bot » Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Personally, I think kids will love it, and that's the bottom line. As a collector's item, yeah, it leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not meant to be a collector's item. As a toy for kids, it does exactly what it should: transforms fairly easily, looks good in both modes, and if it has a gimmick, it executes it well. The only hitch is the design of the lever, and that's not something most kids will get.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1046
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Random » Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 am

Thanks for the review. I think the robot mode looks pretty good. I was doubtful I would be getting an Optimus from this line because I have not liked the mold that much. This thing I could see displaying in bot mode though.
Random
Vehicon
Posts: 363
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sun May 20, 2012 11:31 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Wallas wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:Can someone confirm that his feet look white with no paint apps? It's bad enough that they chose to leave his hand weapon without paint apps but his feet, c'mon Takara!! They could have at least used the same paint that was used for his upper legs above the blue. #-o



I can tell you that his feet are not white, what seems white due to my halogen light system is actually light shade of grey, for orientation I'll say it's the same kind of grey used on Voyager DOTM Megatron or Movie Camshaft, or Battle Blade Voyager Prime, for example.

I'll produce initial pictures of this toy on the same background soon if that will be useful to anyone.


If you could that would be awesome man thanks! Is that same shade for the gun too? If so then I may reconsider getting this after all. :-? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1488
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby kirbenvost » Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hmm. Well I can't say it's all terrible. It looks pretty great in both modes...from the front. The super-exposed robot kibble is pretty bad and that is one of the worst backpacks I've seen. But for what it is, a big, gimmicky kids' figure, it's pretty cool.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Dean ML » Sun May 20, 2012 10:20 pm

If anyone's concerned about scale, it seems that on the show there really isn't as much difference in size between characters as their was in G1 or the movies. Bee and Arcee are the same height, Bulkhead and Ratchet are about the same, and Prime is slightly taller than those two. If I remember correctly, Starscream is about the same size as Arcee. So it would seem that the deluxe and voyager classes should cover all the bases for any collectors who try to keep their figures in scale. Leaders are completely out of scale in the main line, unless they make a Unicron that would be in scale with the Cyberverse figures. It's unfortunate that, scale aside, TF: Prime leaders aren't even going to make for acceptable display pieces.

On another note, it really is funny that this toyline could potentially run for several years, with several iterations of Prime, and NOTHING is going to beat that elusive first edition Optimus. I can see it becoming a holy grail in the very near future (it already is to some degree) and going for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Funny how HasTak could create a toys as beautiful and perfect as FE OP and then follow them up with mediocrity like RiD voyager Prime or a gimicky monstrosity like Weaponizer Prime. Reminds me of the flawlessly executed voyager HftD Battle Blades Optimus and following it up with DotM voyager Prime on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. The inconsistency of design in these figures often has me scratching my head.
Dean ML
Fuzor
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby CrimsonPrime » Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 am

Dean ML wrote:If anyone's concerned about scale, it seems that on the show there really isn't as much difference in size between characters as their was in G1 or the movies. Bee and Arcee are the same height, Bulkhead and Ratchet are about the same, and Prime is slightly taller than those two. If I remember correctly, Starscream is about the same size as Arcee. So it would seem that the deluxe and voyager classes should cover all the bases for any collectors who try to keep their figures in scale. Leaders are completely out of scale in the main line, unless they make a Unicron that would be in scale with the Cyberverse figures. It's unfortunate that, scale aside, TF: Prime leaders aren't even going to make for acceptable display pieces.

On another note, it really is funny that this toyline could potentially run for several years, with several iterations of Prime, and NOTHING is going to beat that elusive first edition Optimus. I can see it becoming a holy grail in the very near future (it already is to some degree) and going for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Funny how HasTak could create a toys as beautiful and perfect as FE OP and then follow them up with mediocrity like RiD voyager Prime or a gimicky monstrosity like Weaponizer Prime. Reminds me of the flawlessly executed voyager HftD Battle Blades Optimus and following it up with DotM voyager Prime on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. The inconsistency of design in these figures often has me scratching my head.


False. Arcee is smaller than Bee o.o...Maybe by a tidbit but definitely smaller. And FE Prime is already hundreds of dollars on eBay as of now xD. Well thank god I managed to get one at 38 dollars :D.Maybe I'll sell it in the future for 200-300 dollars xP.

On topic...I might get him once I see him in-hand. The angle of the camera doesnt do the figure justice. Although it seems even though he's a Leader class he's smaller than ROTF Leader class o.o...Only time will tell~
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Autobot_Benz » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Motto: "What is the point of growing up if you can't act childish sometimes"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
I think its safe to say Hasbro doesn't care about the Collector's just the little gimmick loving kids.
Autobot_Benz
Mini-Con
Posts: 33
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Cybertron
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby That Bot » Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
They care about us, they just don't cater exclusively to us. We're a niche demographic, and we get special toys like the Masterpiece figs. Main line stuff, however, is made with kids in mind.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1046
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Video Review

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
saving money.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???


Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014