Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby First-Aid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:38 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
WFC 2 is awesome news, but honestly I'm more interested in the MMO mentioned. I'm assuming this is the Asian MMO we've heard about. I would be pleased if they used the Asian release to work out the bugs in a way similar to what they did with Aion- which, by the time it reached American and European shores, was a very smooth, polished and detailed game with nearly infinite character customization. If this is the real deal and it's not just a rumor, my WoW account may disappear :x
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:44 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Hopefully this one will be actually somewhat good. The first one was terrible. Bad graphics and ultra tedious gameplay (especially bosses like Trypticon and Omega Supreme). Sold it within the week I bought it. I gave it a fair chance and finished the story mode but didn't get one bit of enjoyment from it at all. Yet I do with the movie games for some reason (not saying they're great but something was just all the more fun about them).
Mainly TF movieverse toy collector.
Current Wants: None. Got higher priorities than lil plastic toys lately.
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Minibot
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby ROBOBOT » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:05 pm

This is Great :D WFC was great and I found the 2 First movie games awesome! Bring on WFC 2 and TF DOTM games please :BOT: :grin:
ROBOBOT
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I find the whole MMO thing pretty dubious. IGN only mentions it in passing and I can't find any recent news on it from any other gaming news site. Just forums posts (The news equivalent of "I know a guy who knows a guy") and older news posts to the even-sketchier "announcement" from August. Then there's the fact that despite being an American/Japanese property, there's no confirmation that it will be released in Japan or America.

Show me a press release from either Hasbro or Takara, then we'll talk. Otherwise, NetDragon, I don't believe you.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:I find the whole MMO thing pretty dubious. IGN only mentions it in passing and I can't find any recent news on it from any other gaming news site. Just forums posts (The news equivalent of "I know a guy who knows a guy") and older news posts to the even-sketchier "announcement" from August. Then there's the fact that despite being an American/Japanese property, there's no confirmation that it will be released in Japan or America.

Show me a press release from either Hasbro or Takara, then we'll talk. Otherwise, NetDragon, I don't believe you.
TFW2005's Coverage Of Hasbro Investor Day November 2010.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16356
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."


All right, then. Now does anyone want to explain why a developer with no games to it's name is releasing a Japanese/American property in every region EXCEPT Japan and America?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Well, guess it's time I go drop the cash on the first one.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby First-Aid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Shadowman wrote:


All right, then. Now does anyone want to explain why a developer with no games to it's name is releasing a Japanese/American property in every region EXCEPT Japan and America?


Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.

As to the question, I don't know. But like I said before, the MMO Aion was released in Asia well before it was ported to the US. As such the game mechanics, graphics, and stories were well-developed and pretty much bug-free before it hit the largest media market in the world. It could also be a way to build brand name in other markets; anymore, the gaming world is the best way to build. Gamers are more likely to use the internet to spread the word. Japan and the US are pretty much a given for sales...maybe they are testing the waters elsewhere. Who knows...
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby ShardFenix » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

a mmo? that could awesome.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 525
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
First-Aid wrote:
Shadowman wrote:


All right, then. Now does anyone want to explain why a developer with no games to it's name is releasing a Japanese/American property in every region EXCEPT Japan and America?


Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.

As to the question, I don't know. But like I said before, the MMO Aion was released in Asia well before it was ported to the US. As such the game mechanics, graphics, and stories were well-developed and pretty much bug-free before it hit the largest media market in the world. It could also be a way to build brand name in other markets; anymore, the gaming world is the best way to build. Gamers are more likely to use the internet to spread the word. Japan and the US are pretty much a given for sales...maybe they are testing the waters elsewhere. Who knows...


Aion was bug-free because NCsoft knows what they're doing when they make an MMO, it's basically all they do. It was released in Asia first because NCsoft is a Korean company, and it was their original property. This is like making a Doctor Who game and not releasing it in the UK.

And taking their time bringing a game overseas doesn't mean the overseas version would be any better for it. When Exteel was still running, (It's been shut down, in case you're wondering about the wording there) players would often mention "Ksteel" the original Korean version which actually had much, much more content than we got in the US.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Burn » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:47 pm

First-Aid wrote:Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.


Just a quick not to the spelling police, the news title is correct, the forum title is wrong because of how the original poster spelt it. :P Might not want to be so quick to lay blame...heh heh.

:P
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38129
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby craggy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 pm

WFC 2 will be fine. A TF MMO won't be something we'll hear about any time soon I reckon, unless there's been a lot of work done already and for that to be, there must be an awful lot of very careful people for no leaks to have formed.That said, a TF MMO is an instant sale for me.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4646
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Neurie wrote:Or maybe War For Cybertron is in itself its own continuity just like all the other Transformers games?
But it ain't like all the other games. War for Cybertron serves as the foundation for Hasbro's new "aligned continuity". The Exodus novel expands on its story, and the Prime cartoon continues it. We can't change what is confirmed as fact.

There is no way that the prime cartoon continues the war for cybertron story
there are different character backgrounds like for example compare the prime sound wave with the WFC sound wave they are different
also how does it work when WFC looks more true to the original and Prime looks like a cross between the movie verse and animated
i think we need to double check our sources
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:52 pm

to those wondering what the story will be...

remember that during the end cut scene, Prime makes mention that he'll stay behind for a bit as most of the Autobots leave. so i'm guessing Part 2 will still take place on Cybertron, maybe it'll end with him and the "main gang" finally leaving so that the inevitable Part 3 will be earth bound.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Neurie wrote:Or maybe War For Cybertron is in itself its own continuity just like all the other Transformers games?
But it ain't like all the other games. War for Cybertron serves as the foundation for Hasbro's new "aligned continuity". The Exodus novel expands on its story, and the Prime cartoon continues it. We can't change what is confirmed as fact.

There is no way that the prime cartoon continues the war for cybertron story
there are different character backgrounds like for example compare the prime sound wave with the WFC sound wave they are different
also how does it work when WFC looks more true to the original and Prime looks like a cross between the movie verse and animated
i think we need to double check our sources
One step ahead of ya.

TFW2005's SDCC 2010 Transformers Prime Panel live feed wrote:4:52 | Continuity. Present day, after "movie" type events. Autobots on earth,hiding.
...
4:54 | [Comment From Guest] So, just to clarify, this is NOT set in the movie universe?
4:54 | To tell the truth,they are talking in such circles I cant tell wtf they mean. Maybe doing that on purpose.
4:55 | they definitately referenced events from movie, and that something else happened (alluding to TF3 events). Without 100% saying "ITS MOVIE".
...
...
...

5:18 | One more question.
5:19 | RE: Continuity.
5:20 | IT IS NOT MOVIE VERSE
5:21 | IT IS WAR FOR CYBERTRON continuity. Something happened (whatever) between the end of that game/book, and where Prime picks up. That could be "movie style" events, or not, but we pick up after events on earth, with autobots hiding.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/live-transformers-prime-panel--sdcc-2010-170262/
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16356
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Burn wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.


Just a quick not to the spelling police, the news title is correct, the forum title is wrong because of how the original poster spelt it. :P Might not want to be so quick to lay blame...heh heh.

:P


F*k me. :-(
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3939
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Burn » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.


Just a quick not to the spelling police, the news title is correct, the forum title is wrong because of how the original poster spelt it. :P Might not want to be so quick to lay blame...heh heh.

:P


F*k me. :-(


mmmm ... no. :P
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38129
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Just a quick note to the news mods: last time I checked, "confired" had an "m" in it... :P Might want to get that typo checked...heh heh.


Just a quick not to the spelling police, the news title is correct, the forum title is wrong because of how the original poster spelt it. :P Might not want to be so quick to lay blame...heh heh.

:P


F*k me. :-(


mmmm ... no. :P


It was my fault. I should have proof read my crap before posting it.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3939
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby King Slick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
I be excited about the Transformers MMO! Sure would be sweet being an eager young Autobot or a brash bold Decepticon.

Really.
Image
Big trouble in a small package.
King Slick
Gestalt
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:59 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
King Slick wrote:I be excited about the Transformers MMO! Sure would be sweet being an eager young Autobot or a brash bold Decepticon.

Really.


Is a MMO a big-ass game like that new Star Wars game coming out next year? If so, I'm super excited about that! Unless its a PC exclusive, like the Star Wars game. I hate playing on PC and I don't want to spend $ on one of those controllers that go into your computer.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3939
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:Is a MMO a big-ass game like that new Star Wars game coming out next year?
"MMO game" = "Massively Multiplayer Online game"
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16356
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby First-Aid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
SlyTF1 wrote:
King Slick wrote:I be excited about the Transformers MMO! Sure would be sweet being an eager young Autobot or a brash bold Decepticon.

Really.


Is a MMO a big-ass game like that new Star Wars game coming out next year? If so, I'm super excited about that! Unless its a PC exclusive, like the Star Wars game. I hate playing on PC and I don't want to spend $ on one of those controllers that go into your computer.


I honestly don't know a single MMO that is played on a console. It will likely be PC exclusive. And that is why PC gaming will never disappear.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
King Slick wrote:I be excited about the Transformers MMO! Sure would be sweet being an eager young Autobot or a brash bold Decepticon.

Really.


Is a MMO a big-ass game like that new Star Wars game coming out next year? If so, I'm super excited about that! Unless its a PC exclusive, like the Star Wars game. I hate playing on PC and I don't want to spend $ on one of those controllers that go into your computer.


If you have a 360 controller, you can use it as a gamepad just by plugging it into your USB port.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Neurie wrote:Or maybe War For Cybertron is in itself its own continuity just like all the other Transformers games?
But it ain't like all the other games. War for Cybertron serves as the foundation for Hasbro's new "aligned continuity". The Exodus novel expands on its story, and the Prime cartoon continues it. We can't change what is confirmed as fact.

There is no way that the prime cartoon continues the war for cybertron story
there are different character backgrounds like for example compare the prime sound wave with the WFC sound wave they are different
also how does it work when WFC looks more true to the original and Prime looks like a cross between the movie verse and animated
i think we need to double check our sources
One step ahead of ya.

TFW2005's SDCC 2010 Transformers Prime Panel live feed wrote:4:52 | Continuity. Present day, after "movie" type events. Autobots on earth,hiding.
...
4:54 | [Comment From Guest] So, just to clarify, this is NOT set in the movie universe?
4:54 | To tell the truth,they are talking in such circles I cant tell wtf they mean. Maybe doing that on purpose.
4:55 | they definitately referenced events from movie, and that something else happened (alluding to TF3 events). Without 100% saying "ITS MOVIE".
...
...
...

5:18 | One more question.
5:19 | RE: Continuity.
5:20 | IT IS NOT MOVIE VERSE
5:21 | IT IS WAR FOR CYBERTRON continuity. Something happened (whatever) between the end of that game/book, and where Prime picks up. That could be "movie style" events, or not, but we pick up after events on earth, with autobots hiding.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/live-transformers-prime-panel--sdcc-2010-170262/

That could be "movie style" events, or not, but we pick up after events on earth, with autobots hiding.
COULD BE is not what i would call a confirmation on it
until there is an actual confirmation we shouldn't call it that
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 2 confired!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Ultra Markus wrote:COULD BE is not what i would call a confirmation on it
until there is an actual confirmation we shouldn't call it that


Well, Hasbro confirmed Prime and WfC are in the same continuity. They confirmed that something happened probably resulting in aesthetic change. What more confirmation do you want?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014