Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Workshop (Maintenance & Repair)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

How to strenghten joints

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 am

Hey, can anyone tell me which finger nail products work for tightening joints? I used crazy glue once but it gave disastrous effects since it got stuck and the peice broke.
Latest TFs: MP 10, Cloud Shockwave, Legends Gelshark, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Whirl, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Trypticon, Scorponok with Lord Zarak, etc)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 3244
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: How to strenghten joints

Postby Kyleor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
william-james88 wrote:Hey, can anyone tell me which finger nail products work for tightening joints? I used crazy glue once but it gave disastrous effects since it got stuck and the peice broke.


It looks like clear finger nail polish, any brand, is recommended, however that can flake/rub off over time.

Also I saw "Pledge with Future Shine" recommended a lot to tighten joints and to protect chromed parts, without the possible damage from using nail polish or glue.
Yyyeeeeeeeeep
User avatar
Kyleor
Micromaster
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Re: How to strenghten joints

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Kyleor wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hey, can anyone tell me which finger nail products work for tightening joints? I used crazy glue once but it gave disastrous effects since it got stuck and the peice broke.


It looks like clear finger nail polish, any brand, is recommended, however that can flake/rub off over time.

Also I saw "Pledge with Future Shine" recommended a lot to tighten joints and to protect chromed parts, without the possible damage from using nail polish or glue.


Thanks!
Latest TFs: MP 10, Cloud Shockwave, Legends Gelshark, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Whirl, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Trypticon, Scorponok with Lord Zarak, etc)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 3244
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Workshop (Maintenance & Repair)

Postby donny1975 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 pm

leakin' lubricant wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:Look up "rubber care stick". It's actually for cars but it works just as well on toy rubber.


Would this do the trick Delta? How often would you say I would need to apply it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361192957337?redirect=mobile



Lots of good info in here. Just got some of this in the mail, and put it on my MP-10, Hot Rod, and PE Guardian.

That MP-10 tire cracking issue is worrisome :shock:
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
User avatar
donny1975
Vehicon
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: How to strenghten joints

Postby Kyleor » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
william-james88 wrote:
Kyleor wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hey, can anyone tell me which finger nail products work for tightening joints? I used crazy glue once but it gave disastrous effects since it got stuck and the peice broke.


It looks like clear finger nail polish, any brand, is recommended, however that can flake/rub off over time.

Also I saw "Pledge with Future Shine" recommended a lot to tighten joints and to protect chromed parts, without the possible damage from using nail polish or glue.


Thanks!


Just picked up a bottle from K-Mart, this is what it looks like now.
Attachments
shrunk_floor_shine.JPG
Yyyeeeeeeeeep
User avatar
Kyleor
Micromaster
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Re: Transformers Workshop (Maintenance & Repair)

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Anyone have any idea what to do to tighten joints that use pins to hold them together?

I have just tried some clear nailpolish on my Crosscut because he had super loose arm and ankle ball joints, and it seems to be producing good effects. I anticipate that I will have to reapply it if I play heavily with it, but I can't see how it would damage it so, cool. I also mostly display things in one mode for a long time, maybe reorganize it once in a while.
ImageImageImageImage
NuclearConvoy
Gestalt
Posts: 2636
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:46 pm

Re: Transformers Workshop (Maintenance & Repair)

Postby Kyleor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
NuclearConvoy wrote:Anyone have any idea what to do to tighten joints that use pins to hold them together?

I have just tried some clear nailpolish on my Crosscut because he had super loose arm and ankle ball joints, and it seems to be producing good effects. I anticipate that I will have to reapply it if I play heavily with it, but I can't see how it would damage it so, cool. I also mostly display things in one mode for a long time, maybe reorganize it once in a while.



Try the floor shine posted above. It seems to work on many joint types.
Yyyeeeeeeeeep
User avatar
Kyleor
Micromaster
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #113 - Signal To Noise
Twincast / Podcast #113:
"Signal To Noise"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, March 24th, 2015