Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TV destroyed by Wii remote...

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:39 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Sonray wrote:Haha. Ive seen endless stories like this. Just goes to show this gimmick doesnt work, and is defective and false advertising on Nintendo's part as they say NOT to jump around like a loon when playing these games, yet EVERY commercial for the Wii has people in them doing exactly that.

What a load of junk...


You're still on this campaign eh? I give you credit...I'd have figured you'd have given up by now, simply because no one gives a damn.

The Internet: Still Showing Us Unimportant Facts And Stupid Sh*t Everyday.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8754
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:07 am

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:Haha. Ive seen endless stories like this. Just goes to show this gimmick doesnt work, and is defective and false advertising on Nintendo's part as they say NOT to jump around like a loon when playing these games, yet EVERY commercial for the Wii has people in them doing exactly that.

What a load of junk...


You didn't read the thread, did you?

Locust and Nemesis Cyberplex both said that Wii games don't require the kind of force necessary to throw it at and break a TV.

Really the Nintendo hating is getting really annoying and ******. Mostly just going "SEE?!?!lol" without hearing a second opinion.

Have you played a Wii?


And did you even read my post? I know fully well that the stupid games dont need all that force, but dumb people THINK thay have too thanks to Nintendos marketing strategy for the system.

The whole gimmick is sold around the idea that you can get out of your seat and jump around and have "fun". But as soon as you read the actual instructions that come with the system, you are told NOT to do that very same thing. So erm...yeah.

And no, i have purposefully avoided playing on the Wii as i do not wish to look like an idiot while playing a game, not that i could if i even wanted to anyway since no retail outlet in my area ever has a playable games setup.

I dont need to play on something to know i wont like it and think its crap. 5 years of the gamecube, stupid gimmicks and endless kids games can tell me that.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:10 am

Autobot032 wrote:
Sonray wrote:Haha. Ive seen endless stories like this. Just goes to show this gimmick doesnt work, and is defective and false advertising on Nintendo's part as they say NOT to jump around like a loon when playing these games, yet EVERY commercial for the Wii has people in them doing exactly that.

What a load of junk...


You're still on this campaign eh? I give you credit...I'd have figured you'd have given up by now, simply because no one gives a damn.

The Internet: Still Showing Us Unimportant Facts And Stupid Sh*t Everyday.


Its not a campaign, its called having an opinion, maybe you should look it up. http://www.answers.com/opinion&r=67
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:49 am

Sonray wrote:Haha. Ive seen endless stories like this. Just goes to show this gimmick doesnt work, and is defective and false advertising on Nintendo's part as they say NOT to jump around like a loon when playing these games, yet EVERY commercial for the Wii has people in them doing exactly that.

What a load of junk...
Gimmick dosen't work? The Wii is selling more units than any other major console. HOw does that translate to not working? & besides that, all of these mishaps are just random isolated incidents compiled together & made public by a wonderful piece of technolgy we call the internet....which can make even the slightest problem appear to be huge. But simply put, people that throw their Wii remotes at the TV are careless idiots. Even in this instance they mentioned that they were drinking & smoking weed.

& no, it is not false advertising, because in every commercial where these japanese schoolgirls are jumping around like...well....japanese schoolgirls....they are holding on to their controllers tight enough that it is not flying out of their hand. If you keep a good grip on the controller, the wrist strap dosen't even factor in.

That being said, you are entitled to your opinion, & I'm not saying you have to like the gimmick, or the system for that matter. But most of your argument against is nothing more than BS. But if you don't like the Wii, then hey, good for you. I'll keep enjoying mine.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:
Sonray wrote:Haha. Ive seen endless stories like this. Just goes to show this gimmick doesnt work, and is defective and false advertising on Nintendo's part as they say NOT to jump around like a loon when playing these games, yet EVERY commercial for the Wii has people in them doing exactly that.

What a load of junk...
Gimmick dosen't work? The Wii is selling more units than any other major console. HOw does that translate to not working? & besides that, all of these mishaps are just random isolated incidents compiled together & made public by a wonderful piece of technolgy we call the internet....which can make even the slightest problem appear to be huge. But simply put, people that throw their Wii remotes at the TV are careless idiots. Even in this instance they mentioned that they were drinking & smoking weed.

& no, it is not false advertising, because in every commercial where these japanese schoolgirls are jumping around like...well....japanese schoolgirls....they are holding on to their controllers tight enough that it is not flying out of their hand. If you keep a good grip on the controller, the wrist strap dosen't even factor in.

That being said, you are entitled to your opinion, & I'm not saying you have to like the gimmick, or the system for that matter. But most of your argument against is nothing more than BS. But if you don't like the Wii, then hey, good for you. I'll keep enjoying mine.



Heh, yeah a gimmick that works so well that you can play games where you have to pump up a balloon and then burst it. That sounds like GREAT Next-gen quality gaming right there!8-|

A "BS" opinion for a BS system then. It all balances itself out ya see, especially when i consider your opinion in the same regard as you consider mine. :P

Oh and people DO hold onto their controllers tight, but hands get sweaty due to the workout that is playing one of these games, and then they loose grip and then the wrist strap breaks and tv's get broken. (If you did some research Nintendo even recalled and replaced many many broken wrist straps and even changed how their future wrist straps are made, i.e. not out of cat hair. So obviously this isnt just a case of "idiots at play", it was an actual design defect otherwise why would a company recall its product?)

But i guess those little facts dont matter, just as much as the fact that the wii is selling well (only due to its low price point and family friendly games which parents, a.k.a. non gamers love to buy for their spoiled kids. Granted true gamers have bought the system as well but once you hear of grandparents and parents seeing their kids play the system and THEN they want to buy one for themselves you know that a majority of those sales figures are thanks to non-gamers. Again, research has proved this) ) to me doesnt change a thing about the way i feel about this....abomination and an insult for a games console.

At the end of the day being drunk and smoking weed has nothing to do with it. The FACT is once arms start flying around someone, something, somewhere is gonna get hurt or broken, regardless of what you are doing.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Sonray wrote:Heh, yeah a gimmick that works so well that you can play games where you have to pump up a balloon and then burst it. That sounds like GREAT Next-gen quality gaming right there!8-|



Yeah I remember a high-end game a few years ago having a mini-game in it where you hit a button & punch a stationary turkey untill it explodes, only to be rewarded by getting another turkey to punch. YOu might have heard of the game: Doom 3?

:roll:

A "BS" opinion for a BS system then. It all balances itself out ya see, especially when i consider your opinion in the same regard as you consider mine. :P
That's right...each is simply an opinion. I do have a problem, though, when people tend to treat their opinions as cold hard facts.

Oh and people DO hold onto their controllers tight, but hands get sweaty due to the workout that is playing one of these games, and then they loose grip and then the wrist strap breaks and tv's get broken. (If you did some research Nintendo even recalled and replaced many many broken wrist straps and even changed how their future wrist straps are made, i.e. not out of cat hair. So obviously this isnt just a case of "idiots at play", it was an actual design defect otherwise why would a company recall its product?)
As a few people have already mentioned, there is no real reason for such a problem to exist...provided that you are paying attention to what you are doing. If your hands get sweaty, then you should take a break & cool off. In the instance above, however, it is obvious that the cause was more than likely inebriation(sp?) as they readily admitted it. & yes, I did know about the recall on the straps as they made the problem well known...but it wasn't so much that they were defective as it was they were trying to save face in front of a biast media trying desprately to grasp for straws to deface the big N for not appealing to their hardcore gamer ways. Personally, I got a Wii late enough that it came with the thicker straps. But still...the strap was not meant to keep the controller in your hand, & as I said earlier, if these people would actually hold onto their controllers, the wrist strap dosen't even factor into the equation.


But i guess those little facts dont matter, just as much as the fact that the wii is selling well (only due to its low price point and family friendly games which parents, a.k.a. non gamers love to buy for their spoiled kids. Granted true gamers have bought the system as well but once you hear of grandparents and parents seeing their kids play the system and THEN they want to buy one for themselves you know that a majority of those sales figures are thanks to non-gamers. Again, research has proved this) ) to me doesnt change a thing about the way i feel about this....abomination and an insult for a games console.
true gamer? geez, you make it sound like this stuff should be made for a niche' little club of people that spend all their time in front of a TV with a controller in their hand, devoid of any life outside of that small circle, but gods within it. No, sir, it is an industry, & industries need funding to stay alive, & sometimes to get said funding, people have to think outside the box, hence, the Wii, & why it's been so popular.
Besides, the non-gamers of today are the hardcore gamers of tomorrow.


At the end of the day being drunk and smoking weed has nothing to do with it. The FACT is once arms start flying around someone, something, somewhere is gonna get hurt or broken, regardless of what you are doing.
maybe so, but having inhibitions impared goes a long way towards how much arms are flying & how much stuff is going to get broke.

At any rate, I'd say now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, & that you are grasping for straws, so being that as it is...I'll take my leave.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Go ahed and take your leave, but i was never argueing. I stated my opinion, and got flamed for it. (which is always the case as soon as someone says something negative about the "god almight, can never do no wrong messiah that is Nintendo.)

Oh and i dont claim my opinions to be facts, if i did id be a cold hearted jack thompson ****** of a man, and if i ever saw myself become someone like that, id kill myself right there and then.

However i do research and i back up my opinions WITH facts. Which is alot more than i can say for most people when these types of discussions break out, you excluded of course.

I didnt play through Doom 3, wtf is this tukey thing all about? A stupid little mini game here and there is ok, but when an entire game is based around such things like pumping up a balloon till it bursts, or flipping a frying pan or sawing down a tree (the motions of which all look rather perverted if you ask me) is just going too far. These are gimmicks, nothing more.

Nintendo doesnt think out of the box, that is why i hate them with so much passion. They stick to what they know is safe, they wait on the sidelines for the next big gimmick they can copy and then play the business safe with rehash after rehash of hardware and software. When they release a new system it is less like replacing their old system, but more like simply updating it.

And they dont take any chances with their games or hardware and NEVER push the envelope either. If only they would do that once in a while, id be happy and have a tad more respect for them. That and if they would make a non mario or zelda kids game once in a while too.

But of course they wont. They are too stuck in the past with the disaster that was the virtual boy to ever take a huge risk ever again.

Personally i want Sega back. If they was still in the console market today im sure they would be kicking Nintendo's ass all over the planet. Sega always had better games, better hardware, and they took risks. Unfortunateley they was too stupid and took too many risks which backfired into their faces and thus made them what they are today. :sad:
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Fang Wolf » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Sonray, some facts for you
NINTENDO SAVED VIDEO GAMES WITH QUALITY>QUANTITY AFTER THE CRASH.
SONY PLAYSTATION AND INCOMPETANCE KILLED SEGA, RELEASING THE SATURN AND DREAMCAST TOO CLOSE TOGETHER AND A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE PS2, WHILE THE SATURN WAS INFERIOR TO THE PSOne, BARELY CAPABLE OF ANYTHING PAST 2.5D.

I was, and still am to a degree, a Sega fan, still have me MegaDrive II, but they deserved to die in the console market.
Fang Wolf
Pretender
Posts: 786
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 am

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 am

Fang Wolf wrote:Sonray, some facts for you
NINTENDO SAVED VIDEO GAMES WITH QUALITY>QUANTITY AFTER THE CRASH.
SONY PLAYSTATION AND INCOMPETANCE KILLED SEGA, RELEASING THE SATURN AND DREAMCAST TOO CLOSE TOGETHER AND A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE PS2, WHILE THE SATURN WAS INFERIOR TO THE PSOne, BARELY CAPABLE OF ANYTHING PAST 2.5D.

I was, and still am to a degree, a Sega fan, still have me MegaDrive II, but they deserved to die in the console market.


Ok, Just so you know, thats not a "FACT". Nintendo did NOT, i repeat, did NOT save the video game industry, there were many other companies about during that time who contributed just as much as Nintendo did to the cause (sega being one of them). So get that stupid idea out of your head as its a common misconception. Nintendo wasnt the only company around during that time and again, they DID NOT single handedly save the video game industry. Again some in-depth research would tell you this.

Incompetance killed Sega? Well at least you are right in that regard, but at least sega released hardware and games that was ahed of their time and took chances (unlike nintendo) if only Sega had marketed their products properly their innovative hardware wouldnt have bombed as much as it did.

Like i said, unlike Nintendo Sega was often the first company to release powerful and innovative hardware that took risks. They used to think outside of the box released stuff like the Game Gear, Mega Drive to challenge Nintendos game boy and NES. Personally i always saw the former systems as infinateley superior, but as you know thanks to Segas lack of common sense and crappy marketing their products bombed more than they were successful.

I mean Sega released the Dreamcast, the FIRST 128 bit online console. It was an amazing machine and ahed of its time, and if it wasnt for the advent of DVD and Sony adding a vad DVD player into its 128bit console, the Dreamcast wouldnt have died as quickly as it did IMO. It never fully realized its potential which is a big shame.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Fang Wolf » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 am

Sonray wrote:Ok, Just so you know, thats not a "FACT". Nintendo did NOT, i repeat, did NOT save the video game industry, there were many other companies about during that time who contributed just as much as Nintendo did to the cause (sega being one of them). So get that stupid idea out of your head as its a common misconception. Nintendo wasnt the only company around during that time and again, they DID NOT single handedly save the video game industry. Again some in-depth research would tell you this.

Super Mario Bros. on the NES. NES VS Master System Sales Figures That's pretty much all I have to say to that. I do love how Nintenhaters flame the truth. While it is true Atari, Sega, and some crap consoles no one will ever remember were around back then, none have had the ever lasting impact that the one game about plumbers Nintendo released on their first home console.
Sonray wrote:
Incompetance killed Sega? Well at least you are right in that regard, but at least sega released hardware and games that was ahed of their time and took chances (unlike nintendo) if only Sega had marketed their products properly their innovative hardware wouldnt have bombed as much as it did.
Got a few things to say about this, one, the obvious reason Nintendo had Family Freindly games(E is for Everyone, G is for General, there is no K for Kiddie rating, anywere), as the influx of garbage games was what caused the crash, in some ways, it worked for them, sales figures say this, in others, pissing off companies with decent games, toning down games(Mortal Kombat and the Final Fantasy series here) has hurt them in the long run. Two, I do love how you bash one console and company for being innovative and praise another, true, differant circumstances, and some Wii games use blasted N64 graphics(LOOKING AT YOU POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION), they have taken a chance on just gimmicking out an antiquated console that was last years model when it came out. While sales figures have shown it is, in the general consumers eyes, a superior console for enjoyment, it has failed to wow me, as have the 360 and PS3, to be honest, all three are garbage and I am waiting for gen8, and try to forget these three as a distant memory.

Sonray wrote:Like i said, unlike Nintendo Sega was often the first company to release powerful and innovative hardware that took risks. They used to think outside of the box released stuff like the Game Gear, Mega Drive to challenge Nintendos game boy and NES. Personally i always saw the former systems as infinateley superior, but as you know thanks to Segas lack of common sense and crappy marketing their products bombed more than they were successful.
While I will agree to a degree, MD>SNES, in alot of respects, Gamegear had nothing on GB. Multiple reasons, Battery life, amount of batteries, worthwhile games. Now if you said Sega Nomad, we would have a discussion, that thing looked effing brilliant, even with the problems with batteries(Reoccuring problem, you'd think sega would learn the first time), a portable Megadrive, how cool was that?
Sega just needed to take a lesson from Nintendo imo, wait till colour is cheap to power, same with good sound.
Sonray wrote:I mean Sega released the Dreamcast, the FIRST 128 bit online console. It was an amazing machine and ahed of its time, and if it wasnt for the advent of DVD and Sony adding a vad DVD player into its 128bit console, the Dreamcast wouldnt have died as quickly as it did IMO. It never fully realized its potential which is a big shame.
I would like to agree, outside of like, 6 games, what was so great about it, a vain attempt at a disc lock out, Online which is great for what, 1 game? (I am unaware of how many online racing games it had, anything else for the majority can be played with RL friends), seems like a prototype XBox to me. Being the first is not realy such a great thing, XBox360 has shown this, in the same respect, being bigger and better, is not either, Sega's MS and MD, the PS3 and the XBox have shown this, while I will agree to a degree Wii is a boring, bland, rediculously out of date console, the other two bring nothing other than SHINEY and are equaly as crappy, a wast of my time, energy and money.
Fang Wolf
Pretender
Posts: 786
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 am

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:42 am

So basically you just cant win fang wolf. Nothing currently out is worthwhile to you it seems.

Im glad you can see the Wii for what it really is, but to say that high end gaming PC's and the 360 offer nothing but shiney is absoluteley insane!

Havnt you seen the unique gameplay of Gears Of War? The high speed thrills and spills of PGR3 or the super realistic simulation of Forza 2? What about Crysis and Halo? GRAW, Dead Rising, Lost PLanet or Crackdown? None of the latter are original in any way, but they are insane fun.

Sounds like you just dont like video games period anymore. I feel sorry for you as you are missing out on some amazing entertainment, and not just from an eye candy perspective.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:57 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28830
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.


So you are saying Gears of War, dead rising, PGR3, Forza 2, The Darkness, GRAW 2, and many others offer now wow factor at all, despite these games being widely accepted as some of the best games currently out with the best gameplay and graphics?

The 360 isnt innovative and i never claimed it was. But now that you mention it i guess those wireless controllers were innovative, its dashboard setup is quite clever and it was the first HD-ready system to be released. (that sounds like gushing, but im just stating the facts)Also it sure as hell has some power behind it and offers an amazing gaming experiance and a better online component then ANY other system, as well as having a very exciting future ahed of it with games like Halo 3 and GTA4 and Assassins Creed on the horizon.

Its not just about the graphics, the games the system has offers both great gameplay and fantastic visuals and sound, which all adds to the experiance.

Seems your just being biased for Nintendo now. What i suppose do YOU consider to have "WOW" to it then?
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.


So you are saying Gears of War, dead rising, PGR3, Forza 2, The Darkness, GRAW 2, and many others offer now wow factor at all, despite these games being widely accepted as some of the best games currently out with the best gameplay and graphics?

The 360 isnt innovative and i never claimed it was. But now that you mention it i guess those wireless controllers were innovative, its dashboard setup is quite clever and it was the first HD-ready system to be released. (that sounds like gushing, but im just stating the facts)Also it sure as hell has some power behind it and offers an amazing gaming experiance and a better online component then ANY other system, as well as having a very exciting future ahed of it with games like Halo 3 and GTA4 and Assassins Creed on the horizon.

Its not just about the graphics, the games the system has offers both great gameplay and fantastic visuals and sound, which all adds to the experiance.

Seems your just being biased for Nintendo now. What i suppose do YOU consider to have "WOW" to it then?


Never said it was a bad console. I really do want one, for when Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, DMC4, and GTA4 come out.

But now we know you're a Microsoft Fanboy. Don't deny it, you've been cataloged.

So it has killer apps. The only reason for that is because it has time. Wireless? Every system has wireless controllers, they just don't push them on you. Xbox Live? So what? I don't want to pay an extra $15 a month for multiplayer I'll never use. (Wii's is free, by the way)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28830
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.


So you are saying Gears of War, dead rising, PGR3, Forza 2, The Darkness, GRAW 2, and many others offer now wow factor at all, despite these games being widely accepted as some of the best games currently out with the best gameplay and graphics?

The 360 isnt innovative and i never claimed it was. But now that you mention it i guess those wireless controllers were innovative, its dashboard setup is quite clever and it was the first HD-ready system to be released. (that sounds like gushing, but im just stating the facts)Also it sure as hell has some power behind it and offers an amazing gaming experiance and a better online component then ANY other system, as well as having a very exciting future ahed of it with games like Halo 3 and GTA4 and Assassins Creed on the horizon.

Its not just about the graphics, the games the system has offers both great gameplay and fantastic visuals and sound, which all adds to the experiance.

Seems your just being biased for Nintendo now. What i suppose do YOU consider to have "WOW" to it then?


Never said it was a bad console. I really do want one, for when Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, DMC4, and GTA4 come out.

But now we know you're a Microsoft Fanboy. Don't deny it, you've been cataloged.

So it has killer apps. The only reason for that is because it has time. Wireless? Every system has wireless controllers, they just don't push them on you. Xbox Live? So what? I don't want to pay an extra $15 a month for multiplayer I'll never use. (Wii's is free, by the way)


I will continue to deny it because its not the truth, so you can shove it up your ass. You dont know a thing about me, and just because i give my opinion on how i think one console is better than another based on facts and general knowledge and personal experiance, i am deemed a fanboy. Bullshit.

Oh and the PS3's online play is free too, but it sucks balls, just like Wii's. You get what you pay for.

Oh and the wireless thing, i was stating that the 360 was the FIRST console to add wireless controlelrs AS STANDARD, and not as an add on (provided you bought the premium pack of course).

Killer apps because of time? WTF are you talking about? The Wii has had plenty of time but no killer apps as of yet, same goes for the PS3.

Face it, the 360 is the most popular PROPER next gen/current gen system money can buy. You go to any website and ask any gamer and they will tell you it has the best games, most affordable hardware and the best online play.

Again if you like to take FACTS and then turn them into fanboyish ranting, then yes i will fully admit to being a fanboy with every fibre of my being.

Now shut up with this stupid argueing. I dont care what you have to say anymore as youve called me a fanboy one too many times and quite frankly i am sick of your ignorant accusations.

We all know the best system is the PS3 and the best game is its version of Sonic The Hedgehog, so jog off.

Fanboy...peh...look in the mirror why dontcha.

End.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I'll leave with this: You're a total fanboy, whether you like to believe it or not.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28830
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby teroh1988 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 pm

as soon as the price on wiis dips a bit ill try and get my hands on one, on topic though i read an article about a guy who cut his hand up pretty bad putting the wiimote through the glass top of a coffee table.
That tv would be some awesome abstract art now :P :P
teroh1988
Micromaster
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Postby tequila stu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.
and the billion or so $$$ to fix/replace all the broken ones
tequila stu
Gestalt
Posts: 2696
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:36 am

Postby The Happy Locust » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
tequila stu wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.
and the billion or so $$$ to fix/replace all the broken ones


which is a laugh and a half everytime it comes up in the news.


But I think we're forgetting the point of this thread, massive property damage caused by weed and video games. Yeah, we've all been there. 8)
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:38 pm

The Grim Locust wrote:
tequila stu wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You know what's not innovative at all? Xbox 360.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Microsoft. But what does the 360 bring to the table? Wireless? Online Play? We've had those for years.

360 is just the base console. It has no "WOW" to it other than it's shiny graphics.
and the billion or so $$$ to fix/replace all the broken ones


which is a laugh and a half everytime it comes up in the news.


But I think we're forgetting the point of this thread, massive property damage caused by weed and video games. Yeah, we've all been there. 8)
It's not so funny when it actually happens to you. Mine a few weeks ago started the "three rings of death"....I got The Muffin to fix it for me....
...which I am extremely greatful for, but in the long run might not have been such a good idea, as Microsoft just in the last week or so extended their warranty plan to 3 years... :?

On the other hand, the only real proble I've had with my wii is the batteries running out from playing Twilight Princess too much.

IN all honesty, it really is hard to compare Nintendo & Microsoft. it's like (forgive the overused cliche') comparing apples to oranges. Sure they're both video game companies, but they both make radically different games for different people, & have different ideals as to how games should be made & played. So there's really no point in trying to say one's better than the other because it is simply a matter of point of view.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:40 pm

[quote="The Grim LocustTo this day, I can never understand how that can happen. No Wii game I've played requires that much brute force in its motions.But apparently it happened enough that Nintendo issued a replacement program for the wrist straps.[/quote]

:BOT: I'll have to keep that in mind. I seriously almost threw out my arm while playing bowling once. :CON:
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Postby The Happy Locust » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Supreme Convoy wrote:
The Grim Locust wrote:To this day, I can never understand how that can happen. No Wii game I've played requires that much brute force in its motions.But apparently it happened enough that Nintendo issued a replacement program for the wrist straps.


:BOT: I'll have to keep that in mind. I seriously almost threw out my arm while playing bowling once. :CON:


:o) For the record, I stand corrected. Over the weekend, my family held a birthday party for my grandmother and I had all my cousins in my room playing the Wii. No one lost their grip on the remote (my new TV is safe), but they were getting into these games so badly that they didn't seem to remember they were in an enclosed space. AFter clipping one of my shelves with the Wii-mote in tennis, knocking all my Marvel Legends figures off a DVD tower during boxing, and clocking me in the head with a wide-swing in Baseball (it really does make a coconut sound), I had enough and kicked them out of my room until the party died down. :HUNTER:
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:On the other hand, the only real proble I've had with my wii is the batteries running out from playing Twilight Princess too much.


I played Twilight Princess on Gamecube (The "Real" Version) and it was pure awesomeness.

When I get a Wii, I'll most definitely get the version of TP for that.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28830
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: TV destroyed by Wii remote...

Postby Andore92 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:21 am

Supreme Convoy wrote::BOT: Just saw this thread and I'm amazed by the damaged caused by a Wii remote. :CON:

Simply put: Balls,in,your,ass!
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Sonray wrote:Its not a campaign, its called having an opinion,


Sonray wrote:And no, i have purposefully avoided playing on the Wii


So, your 'opinion' is unfounded and based in ignorance?

Yours is the worst kind of nerd-rage. There are three excellent gaming systems out there which all cater to different aspects of gaming. All three, good, each one.

But you want to **** on one because you like another. That's the definition of FanBoy, fanboy, and fanboi.

Too bad for you.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15231
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014