Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Seibertron.com is proud to present another episode of the Twincast/Podcast featuring your host Counterpunch, and guests Jon 3.0, Seibertron, Tigertracks, and Razorclaw. You may download this episode directly, or from iTunes or our RSS feed.

In this episode, your favorite Transformers podcast crew tells you what's on their minds about the following topics:

  • Is Transformers 4 a reboot?
  • Universal Studios Evac toy discussion
  • SDCC Exclusives: Shockwave H.I.S.S. Tank, FOC Bruticus, and Terrorcon Cliffjumper
  • Transformers Prime's Airachnid
  • Kre-O Quest for Energon sets
  • United Master Power Core Combiner repaints and crazy prices
  • Masterpiece Sideswipe and Soundwave
  • New problems with the Transformers Collectors' Club
  • Fall of Cybertron Media Blitz
  • Bragging rights!

Image

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
User avatar
Razorclaw0000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6143
News Credits: 44
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Ashley, PA
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby xyl360 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 am

Another great show guys, I really enjoyed it :D!

I'm also glad you guys are still keeping the running time nice and loooong. It's great to just sit back and listen to when I'm just chilling out and there's nothing on TV or to have on in the background while I'm working.

On the MP scale note, I'd like to mention that I think it's nice that Takara is doing them in scale now, but I think part of the reason they shrunk (as opposed to scaling up to MP-01 size) is due to the cost. Petrolium (for plastics etc.) is more expensive than ever and I'm certain that cuts into their profits. Every line (Movie, Generations/Classics/whatever, WfC/FoC and even Prime) is smaller now so making MP's a smaller size makes perfect sense.

Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.

Anyway, another great podcast and I'm glad you guys didn't pull any punches with regards to the Club's latest flub. I feel like Has/Tak and the Club are all FINALLY starting to actually listen to their fanbase, giving us things we've been asking for for years now, and they shouldn't get off doing a half-assed job of it by finding a cheap, crappy alternative to the cheap crappy site they had before. They're a business and have the potential for major profits given the size of their (currently) ever growing fanbase, much of which has real MONEY to spend and is looking for badass exclusives to fill our shelves so they can line their pockets. They've gotta get their act together and figure out how to CORRECTLY take our money :)!
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
can't download on ITUNES. I always have this issue with you're podcasts. When you search for your show on ITUNES the latest one is from 6/4
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2769
News Credits: 96
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby worldsgreatest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 am

For you Lego fans, Target does frequently clear out large swathes of sets whenever resets are done. Mostly end of year but sometimes quarterly.

If you have the time and inclination it may be worth it to hide said sets under your favorite kicker until they hit 75% off. Then reap the rewards! I got a Slave 1 for like $20.
worldsgreatest
Minibot
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
mooncake623 wrote:can't download on ITUNES. I always have this issue with you're podcasts. When you search for your show on ITUNES the latest one is from 6/4


It doesn't instantly populate on iTunes. It won't appear until the next time that Apple spiders our RSS feed and caches it in their system. Nothing we can do about it, which is why we provide the links to directly download it.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23462
News Credits: 770
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Thanks for the feedback, xyl360. I'll talk to the guys about it and see what suggestions they have. They haven't said anything about it during our recordings so I just assumed my levels were fine. Hopefully we can pinpoint what is causing this issue.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23462
News Credits: 770
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Wooooooow... that's boss. That is a giant Micron!


[-( I thought you had standards... Nothing you said made any sense..
Seibertron wrote:


Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.


Image
JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:35 pm
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Zottoman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

Motto: "....."
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Geez, $35 for a loose Dark Fang Wolf? I only got mine for £10
Image[/url]


Sweetness
User avatar
Zottoman
Mini-Con
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm
Location: Bracknell - Twinned With Hell
Watch Zottoman on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Wooooooow... that's boss. That is a giant Micron!


[-( I thought you had standards... Nothing you said made any sense..


What was the context of that again...?
User avatar
Razorclaw0000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6143
News Credits: 44
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Ashley, PA
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Kibble » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3638
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Kibble wrote:It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.


I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23462
News Credits: 770
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Kibble » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
Seibertron wrote:I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.


Yeah, don't know if it's factual, but if it is true, this reason seems to carry more weight than VW and Porsche don't want to be associated with warbots just because.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3638
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Is my voice still hella-sexy? ;)
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15297
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Kibble » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
Oh BTW, Razorclaw, you forgot to drop a few SQUUUEEEE!s to go along with your SU&TMMs... ;)
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3638
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
By the way ... the title is my fault. Couldn't come up with a unique title, so I came up with something that had absolutely nothing to do with the episode. Title is from Marvel's Transformers #48.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23462
News Credits: 770
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Oh snap, I got mentioned. Cool!

Another good episode, I'll get on itunes later and throw a review in there. Don't have it installed at work.

And dang Ryan, where'd you find that Dark Fang Wolf for $45? I impulse bought mine from TF Source for $60 and that's the cheapest I'd seen one in a minute.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Godmaster
Posts: 1617
News Credits: 52
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ScottyP wrote:Oh snap, I got mentioned. Cool!

Another good episode, I'll get on itunes later and throw a review in there. Don't have it installed at work.

And dang Ryan, where'd you find that Dark Fang Wolf for $45? I impulse bought mine from TF Source for $60 and that's the cheapest I'd seen one in a minute.


Just one of my saved searches on eBay ... no one outbid me, got it for an amount that I was interested in. Had no idea it got blown out 5 years or so ago, but it wasn't really something I was interested in back then. Slowly making my way through the Unicron Trilogy picking up variants and recolored exclusives. Galaxy Force DVD Excellion and Chromia/Minerva are at the top of my list if I can find them for around $50 each MIB (and yes, they go for that amount ... just have to know where to find them).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150830573599?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_573wt_1392
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23462
News Credits: 770
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Seibertron wrote:
Just one of my saved searches on eBay ... no one outbid me, got it for an amount that I was interested in. Had no idea it got blown out 5 years or so ago, but it wasn't really something I was interested in back then. Slowly making my way through the Unicron Trilogy picking up variants and recolored exclusives. Galaxy Force DVD Excellion and Chromia/Minerva are at the top of my list if I can find them for around $50 each MIB (and yes, they go for that amount ... just have to know where to find them).


We both still need the same Galaxy Force exclusives ;_; I can see some ebay battles in the future.

And I remember Dark Fang Wolf getting positively blown out price wise back in the day, I just never had any interest in it then. How times have changed.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Godmaster
Posts: 1617
News Credits: 52
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
When speaking of how FOC Cliffjumper has Prime Cliffjumper's head design, someone mentioned a "combined continuity between all the shows". That's not what the Aligned Continuity is. It's a new continuity containing a mixture of elements and pieces taken from every pre-2010 Transformers series, rather than a mixture of entire series together.

The Super Link Misha figure that you guys were talking about was a 3rd party product. It wasn't made by Takara or Hasbro or any official company, but it did show up at that one Wonderfest like you guys said.

EDIT: Also, Ryan, what you said about Deszaras is true. He wasn't in Zone. But, you say he's pictured on a card that came with the tape? That's odd. Can you post a pic of it?
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18086
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby xyl360 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Seibertron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Thanks for the feedback, xyl360. I'll talk to the guys about it and see what suggestions they have. They haven't said anything about it during our recordings so I just assumed my levels were fine. Hopefully we can pinpoint what is causing this issue.

Awesome, thanks :)!

Counterpunch wrote:Is my voice still hella-sexy? ;)
:lol: of course :P! You actually sound like you have a really good voice for radio.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby 1111111222233333 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Motto: ""...more than you need a FRIEND??" - Tracks"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
1111111222233333
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KenjaminLinus wrote:I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
Not necessarily random. The 48th podcast, the 48th chapter. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18086
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Bullycon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Motto: "That's not in the Rule Book."
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Seibertron wrote:
Kibble wrote:It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.


I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.

Digging around Google, the rumor goes back to a statement apparently made "backstage" by Aaron Archer at OTFCC 2003. That's all I can find. So... official source, but still technically hearsay.
For the love of Primus, why must I be a Mississippi State fan?
Bullycon
Minibot
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby 1111111222233333 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Motto: ""...more than you need a FRIEND??" - Tracks"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
KenjaminLinus wrote:I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
Not necessarily random. The 48th podcast, the 48th chapter. :-B



Well that just makes way too much sense to be funny then. I retract my compliment, I'm done with this site. :michaelbay:
1111111222233333
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast/Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Postby Demonss » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Gents,
Another great cast!

The debate about the size of Optimus Prime relative to the other bots is interesting, but OP was definitely shown as taller than the other bots throughout the series.

Now of course sizes varied from episode to episode which can sort of throw off this argument:
ImageImage

Yay consistency.

But as mentioned per the size chart they were supposed to follow for the cartoon it's correct Most come up to about his crotch:
Image

Also from a realistic stand point, the size difference between a car and a semi makes sense to produce bots sized differently like that.

Here's a few other Shots showing some of the relative sizes of characters:
Image

Here's a few pics from the first 2 episodes of G1 that show a good comprison with the Arc Bots (I captured this from the a video):
Image
Image
Image

Of course take that as you will as based on the perspective (optimus closer to the camera) there' a shot of sideswipe as he walks in front of him that would lead you to believe sideswipe is both wider, and taller than OP.
Image
Demonss
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014