Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Counterpunch » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Optimusfan79 wrote:I listened to the podcast & Counterpunch was inaccurate with his statement about maketoy Giant not being cartoon accurate & just being closer to how the toy looked. Maketoy's is way more accurate than the TFC, the only thing TFC's has over Maketoy is the size. If you go back & look TFC's has a lot of the red detailing on their head & it was only their visor's & here/there on their chest. So far Maketoy's doesn't have that & more then likely won't, 2nd in the cartoon you were able to see the treads of Bonecrusher & Scavenger when they merged but TFC took that away, 3rd the head on TFC isn't cartoon or toy accurate especially once again with all the red highlights in & on the head only red he had was his eyes. If you go with merged size & the fact Longhaul does look better, the scoop on the Scavenger looks better in robot mode but Maketoy has them beat in the combined mode especially the head. They have the head looking just like the show & the toy it's just they are debating if they should go visor or regular eyes. TFC's is way too pricey for a extra 2-3 more inches in combined mode & a red gun option along with all the defects the toys have had. So no both are nice but Maketoys Devy is way better all the way around than TFC's in every aspect. One more thing if u wanna have Devy standing way over Superion & Bruticus that most of us have then TFC's is fine to but if you are trying to have more in scale toys with those 2 the Maketoys is the way to go. So I'll be lookin forward to hearing your inaccurate comment corrected by the next podcast thx.


I stand by what I said. >:oP
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15250
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Optimusfan79 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Motto: "When it comes to helping for the good I stand firmly with my chest out & ready to take on anyone!"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Counterpunch wrote:
Optimusfan79 wrote:I listened to the podcast & Counterpunch was inaccurate with his statement about maketoy Giant not being cartoon accurate & just being closer to how the toy looked. Maketoy's is way more accurate than the TFC, the only thing TFC's has over Maketoy is the size. If you go back & look TFC's has a lot of the red detailing on their head & it was only their visor's & here/there on their chest. So far Maketoy's doesn't have that & more then likely won't, 2nd in the cartoon you were able to see the treads of Bonecrusher & Scavenger when they merged but TFC took that away, 3rd the head on TFC isn't cartoon or toy accurate especially once again with all the red highlights in & on the head only red he had was his eyes. If you go with merged size & the fact Longhaul does look better, the scoop on the Scavenger looks better in robot mode but Maketoy has them beat in the combined mode especially the head. They have the head looking just like the show & the toy it's just they are debating if they should go visor or regular eyes. TFC's is way too pricey for a extra 2-3 more inches in combined mode & a red gun option along with all the defects the toys have had. So no both are nice but Maketoys Devy is way better all the way around than TFC's in every aspect. One more thing if u wanna have Devy standing way over Superion & Bruticus that most of us have then TFC's is fine to but if you are trying to have more in scale toys with those 2 the Maketoys is the way to go. So I'll be lookin forward to hearing your inaccurate comment corrected by the next podcast thx.


I stand by what I said. >:oP


That's fine but try to be more accurate with your statements you like TFC's better fine but to put out bogus inaccurate statements cmon dude at least be legit. >:oP
Helping for the good of others is the best hand to have!
Optimusfan79
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I feel like this argument is the Twilight of Transformers. I'm team Edward, whichever one that is.


EDIT: In all seriousness, I think TFC is trying to capture this Devastator and doing so very well.Image
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Where did CP's post go?

I'm downloading this episode now on my Mac so I can finally give it a listen.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Optimusfan79 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 am

Motto: "When it comes to helping for the good I stand firmly with my chest out & ready to take on anyone!"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
amcgrath929 wrote:I feel like this argument is the Twilight of Transformers. I'm team Edward, whichever one that is.


EDIT: In all seriousness, I think TFC is trying to capture this Devastator and doing so very well.Image


I agree but that one isn't g1 or cartoon accurate anyone can see that, but its cool though. It's a great concept or modern adoptation of him that is cool. All I'm sayin is ppl are intitled to like whichever one but dont downplay the other one with inaccurate statements.
Helping for the good of others is the best hand to have!
Optimusfan79
Micromaster
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby TulioDude » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Would you guys use the Prime toys in yours Classics collection?
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
TulioDude wrote:Would you guys use the Prime toys in yours Classics collection?


Not me. Kind of like Animated, a great line in its own it looks like, but at this time, not having any but Arcee and BBee, NYCC Exclusives, I can't say entirely, but based on what I have seen, nope.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16152
News Credits: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #32 "Cold Math" Now Available

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:11 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
tigertracks 24 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Would you guys use the Prime toys in yours Classics collection?


Not me. Kind of like Animated, a great line in its own it looks like, but at this time, not having any but Arcee and BBee, NYCC Exclusives, I can't say entirely, but based on what I have seen, nope.


I agree. This Prime line looks fantastic but it just doesn't fit in with the Classics figures. Although, I will try Bulkhead once I get him in hand.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014