Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Take a listen to the latest Twincast as the crew pals around with all the latest news and information from the last two weeks. You can download the latest episode here, or from our RSS feed, or finally from iTunes. Join host Counterpunch, along with regular cast members Tigertracks, Razorclaw, and Seibertron as they dissect the news from Cybertron Con and prepare for the launch of Regeneration One.

  • Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown
  • Rumors about a possible Transformers Encore Fortress Maximus reissue
  • Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) and hints at a Soundwave
  • Transformers Prime Rumble and Kup
  • Generations War for Cybertron Starscream
  • Asian-exclusive repaints of Brawl, Brawn, G2 Megatron, Springer, and many more
  • Transformers Prime Cyberverse Bumblebee Battle Suit
  • Transformers Prime Bumblebee and Starscream Entertainment Pack released in Canada
  • Commercial for Hasbro's Transformers Prime toy line
  • A close look at Takara Tomy's Arms Micron figures out of package
  • Transformers the Ride Evac
  • Masterpiece Sunstorm
  • Shattered Glass G2 Prime
  • No 3rd Party or unlicensed products at BotCon 2012
  • Simon Furman and Chris Latta in the Hall of Fame
  • BotCon prequel comic posted in it's entirety
  • Regeneration One dropping soon and we've got everything you need to know to be ready for it!
  • Bragging Rights
  • An apology to our listeners and Fun Publications for our use of harsh language in our previous podcast's discussion about the Transformers Club, a clarification of our opinions, and a restatement of our views regarding the situation.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
User avatar
Razorclaw0000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6141
News Credits: 43
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Ashley, PA
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Blurrz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Solid ep all round. That PSA was pretty funny.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11579
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Dagon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?
Dagon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:52 am
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Lord Onixprime » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

They actually got Generations Starscream's legs right (never was big on his legs in the game)

Image

Great show guys!
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Dagon wrote:Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?


No special way at all. If it works in iTunes on other platforms, it should be working on your iPhone. Can you go directly to the following URL on your phone and then try to subscribe to the feed once the URL pulls up in iTunes?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seibertron.com-transformers/id430391340
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Seibertron wrote:
Dagon wrote:Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?


No special way at all. If it works in iTunes on other platforms, it should be working on your iPhone. Can you go directly to the following URL on your phone and then try to subscribe to the feed once the URL pulls up in iTunes?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seibertron.com-transformers/id430391340


Have you tried Googling the problem that you are experiencing with your iPhone? Sounds like a sync issue with your computer possibly or something along those lines. This probably affects some other podcasts that you could download as well, but not all. As long as it's working with iTunes for other users on other systems, the problem most likely is an issue with your phone or app. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1215742&page=2
Google search results for "can't download podcast" on iphone
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Samsonator » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
I have been meaning to ask since like last episode... the "It is the year two thousand twelve" bit at the beginning... did you guys actually manage to nab Victor Caroli for that, or is that just Jon doing a really good impression?
Image
Samsonator: Eleven years of mediocrity!
Not much there yet, but check me out on IMDB!
User avatar
Samsonator
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:45 pm
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 10
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Samsonator wrote:I have been meaning to ask since like last episode... the "It is the year two thousand twelve" bit at the beginning... did you guys actually manage to nab Victor Caroli for that, or is that just Jon doing a really good impression?


Jon got Victor Caroli to do it. :)
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Lord Onixprime wrote:They actually got Generations Starscream's legs right (never was big on his legs in the game)

Image

Great show guys!


Thanks!

I saw that image later on. I think somehow I just thought it looked different in my mind.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15239
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Stormrider » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Inferno repaint as Hotspot? How did I miss this news. Any pics?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby nilocomic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 pm

I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard ****, ****, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.
Image
User avatar
nilocomic
Fuzor
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard ****, ****, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Someone mentioned something about the recent IDW reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

In 2008, there was a series of Marvel G1 comic reprints from IDW, which featured certain issues omitted due to characters like Circuit Breaker ans Spider-Man appearing in them. But, by the fifth volume IDW got permission to reprint issues that contain Marvel characters and so stopped omitting issues.

In 2011, IDW launched a second series of reprints that put back in all the missing issues from before, as well as featuring remastered artwork. This series of reprints is still being released, having had two volumes released thus far, with a third one on the way.

Here's the first run reprints on Amazon:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-8
2. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-12
3. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-7
4. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-11
5. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-10
6. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-9

Here's the current second run of reprints that include all the missing issues:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-3
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-2


In addition, IDW is giving the Marvel UK G1 comics this same treatment, and THEN SOME! I got the first volume and, HOLY COW, this trade paperback release is AWESOME! They jam packed this thing with a TON of awesome material, not limiting itself to just the comics. It's even got the Annuals! Ryan, if you really liked the Marvel UK stuff, then this series of reprints is a MUST BUY for you. I cannot recommend it enough! :D

Like above, Amazon links:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-5
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-4
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-6
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17042
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:Someone mentioned something about the recent IDW reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

In 2008, there was a series of Marvel G1 comic reprints from IDW, which featured certain issues omitted due to characters like Circuit Breaker ans Spider-Man appearing in them. But, by the fifth volume IDW got permission to reprint issues that contain Marvel characters and so stopped omitting issues.

In 2011, IDW launched a second series of reprints that put back in all the missing issues from before, as well as featuring remastered artwork. This series of reprints is still being released, having had two volumes released thus far, with a third one on the way.

Here's the first run reprints on Amazon:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-8
2. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-12
3. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-7
4. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-11
5. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-10
6. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-9

Here's the current second run of reprints that include all the missing issues:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-3
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-2


In addition, IDW is giving the Marvel UK G1 comics this same treatment, and THEN SOME! I got the first volume and, HOLY COW, this trade paperback release is AWESOME! They jam packed this thing with a TON of awesome material, not limiting itself to just the comics. It's even got the Annuals! Ryan, if you really liked the Marvel UK stuff, then this series of reprints is a MUST BUY for you. I cannot recommend it enough! :D

Like above, Amazon links:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-5
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-4
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-6


I ordered the new IDW Marvel US reprints a couple of days ago. Per your links above, I ordered the Marvel UK reprints. Is IDW going to reprint the Marvel UK books with the Marvel US books or are they leaving those out and only reprinting the original UK content?

Thanks for the links!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:I ordered the new IDW Marvel US reprints a couple of days ago. Per your links above, I ordered the Marvel UK reprints. Is IDW going to reprint the Marvel UK books with the Marvel US books or are they leaving those out and only reprinting the original UK content?

Thanks for the links!
Sadly, it's just the UK content without the UK versions of the U.S. issues. I can understand the redundancy in including the UK versions of the U.S. issues when the U.s. issues themselves have their own reprint series going on, but several of the U.S. issues had their content edited when released in the UK (some speech bubbles rephrased, characters removed from background shots, images recolored to look different and/or correct art errors, etc.) soas to better fit the UK comic story.

Thankfully, these collections include a ton of editorials that describe how the UK comics fit in between which U.S. issues and how they affect the overall continuity of them. Like, the "Wrath of Grimlock" story has an editorial describing how the last page of the U.S. issue #8 "Repeat Performance" had its final panel of Josie Beller removed for its UK release. So, I'm hoping that the future volumes continue to document the changes made to the U.S. issues for their original UK releases.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17042
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Stormrider » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Thanks for touching base with so many different topics.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Emperor Galvatron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Seibertron wrote:
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard ****, ****, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.


Count me among those who don't agree with the 'terms' of the 'apology'. We Transfans are a whiny bunch, we're negative most times, and are typical angry nerds about minor details. However, we are astonishingly quick to forgive slights and look past initial initial misgivings and move forward with the franchise.

There is an extremely valid reason to be angry, and while the use of that language probably wasn't the best of ideas, it wasn't like they were making things easier for anyone involved.

For over 7 years now, Fun Pub has offered excuses and passed blame for any faults that have occurred to some other person or entity. I have defended them in their decisions and errors on numerous subjects.

Now, when they are arguably responsible for one of the greatest snafus to affect the fandom, they threaten to blacklist the guys that are holding their feet to the fire. Really? The nerve of this bunch of people is awe inspiring. It's like we trusted our money to a bank, then the bank left the safe combination on the counter. After they got robbed, then blaming the newspaper for reporting they left the combination on the counter, and telling the people that deposited that it wasn't their fault, a guy just opened the safe and took off with their money.

Ryan, you and Seibertron.com, and by extension the rest of the Twincast team, are more than just entertainers, you're also a voice that many of us do not have in the fandom. You have the power and responsibility to hold these guys accountable for their actions. The 'apology' forced out of you made me almost physically ill. Honestly, I am still shaking with anger that those pricks made you do this.

I renewed my membership at the beginning of the month for the last time. I was going to give FunPub the benefit of the doubt. I was willing to put this and all the other crap behind me, albeit with more caution as to how I paid for things, but no more. This was the last straw. I will not give FunPub one cent for anything, ever. I will not be a part of their Club, I will not go to BotCon as long as FunPub runs it. I may be the only one. But if I'm willing, more will be as well. Hopefully, Hasbro will take notice and we'll get someone new, even if it is Hasbrocon or whatever. I don't care anymore.

RIP Emperor Galvatron's Fun Pub membership
3/05 to 3/12

**** those guys

I would say I'm sorry about the rant and excuse my language, but that would imply that I was. Hope this doesn't get me banned or a warning issued though.
Image
Emperor Galvatron
Gestalt
Posts: 2267
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:06 pm
Buy from Emperor Galvatron on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Emperor Galvatron wrote:I would say I'm sorry about the rant and excuse my language, but that would imply that I was. Hope this doesn't get me banned or a warning issued though.


About to sit down to watch the Muppets movie with my wife and daughter so I have to make this real quick. I'll respond further tomorrow to address a few of your other comments.

Just to clarify, no one "made" me apologize.

Seibertron.com will continue to be a very vocal voice for fans. That's my style. I've worked my ass off on this site for 12 years and I will continue to use this site to express the views of those who are often overlooked and not heard. I won't let us be silenced.

You will not be banned or issued a warning ... nothing you said and none of the views you expressed even come close to warranting anything like that. You have the right to express your opinion. You do not need to apologize for your "rant" or for your views and opinions.

Gotta jet ... Muppets is on, time to grab some popcorn.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:About to sit down to watch the Muppets movie with my wife and daughter so I have to make this real quick. I'll respond further tomorrow to address a few of your other comments.

...

Gotta jet ... Muppets is on, time to grab some popcorn.
Enjoy the movie. I, myself, loved it. Except for... well, just enjoy it. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17042
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby joevill » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Seibertron wrote:
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard ****, ****, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.


So this means I should not replaced the batteries to Red Alert or buy a prototype Energon Driller :lol: :lol:
Image
When eating planets alone isn't enough to satisfy the Chaos Bringer's hunger, Unicron comes to Earth to fill up on McDonald's. McDonald's golden arches will light our darkest hour (when the Chaos Bringer would not share) by clogging his arteries, raising his blood pressure, and giving him diabetes.
User avatar
joevill
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 572
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby RX93 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm interested in getting a United UN-15 too.
Can you please suggest which Japan vendor has it with a "reasonable" price?
Thanks a lot
RX93
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Samsonator » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Seibertron wrote:
Samsonator wrote:I have been meaning to ask since like last episode... the "It is the year two thousand twelve" bit at the beginning... did you guys actually manage to nab Victor Caroli for that, or is that just Jon doing a really good impression?


Jon got Victor Caroli to do it. :)

That is what I thought, and completely awesome. I still haven't gotten the time to sit and listen to the show, but I'm looking forward to hearing it tonight while I'm at work!
Image
Samsonator: Eleven years of mediocrity!
Not much there yet, but check me out on IMDB!
User avatar
Samsonator
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:45 pm
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 10
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby 1111111222233333 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: ""...more than you need a FRIEND??" - Tracks"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I have to say...the apology at the end really did piss me off too. I understand you want to maintain good relations to keep news flowing, etc, that is admirable. I just seriously had a hard time listening to what can be considered akin to groveling to this **** "company" that has been screwing fans over for years. Even Fun Pub's most recent statement was some pass-the-buck BULLSHIT, and I could honestly barely make it through listening to the entire statement recanting what are indisputably justifiable opinions/feelings. I hate coming off like I'm speaking ill of you, I **** love you guys and your podcasts.

Seibertron.com will continue to be a very vocal voice for fans. That's my style. I've worked my ass off on this site for 12 years and I will continue to use this site to express the views of those who are often overlooked and not heard. I won't let us be silenced.


In that previous podcast where Counter Punch flat out said "**** you fun publications", I let out a resounding "**** YEAH, THANK YOU". I felt like you guys spoke on behalf of the fans, completely embodying this statement. The apology, however, just really contradicts this to me. You WERE speaking for all the fans. FunPub has not taken responsibility for a goddamn thing, and I don't think they ever will.

It is your site and I absolutely respect your efforts to maintain bridges that keep the news flowing, but I personally really would have liked to see you stick to your guns and let funpub sleep in the bed they have made, consequences be damned. We all did our part to stop SOPA and PIPA, I don't see why we shouldn't be just as united in opposition of a company that has done us ALL wrong for years.

Sorry for the rant, still love you dudes and your banter. :michaelbay:
1111111222233333
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby Seibertron » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
KenjaminLinus wrote:I have to say...the apology at the end really did piss me off too. I understand you want to maintain good relations to keep news flowing, etc, that is admirable. I just seriously had a hard time listening to what can be considered akin to groveling to this **** "company" that has been screwing fans over for years. Even Fun Pub's most recent statement was some pass-the-buck BULLSHIT, and I could honestly barely make it through listening to the entire statement recanting what are indisputably justifiable opinions/feelings. I hate coming off like I'm speaking ill of you, I **** love you guys and your podcasts.


We love you too and all of our listeners and fans. Not sure that anything I said was groveling. I restated our views and apologized for using harsh language which offended Fun Publications and clarified that I was stating my professional opinion and not necessarily facts. I don't think anything that was said in my statement could be construed as groveling. If there was something specific that I said, please let me know.

KenjaminLinus wrote:In that previous podcast where Counter Punch flat out said **** you fun publications", I let out a resounding **** YEAH, THANK YOU". I felt like you guys spoke on behalf of the fans, completely embodying this statement. The apology, however, just really contradicts this to me. You WERE speaking for all the fans. FunPub has not taken responsibility for a goddamn thing, and I don't think they ever will.


We felt we were speaking on behalf of the fans as well by expressing our frustrations which had come to a boiling point. The podcast is still available to download and was not censored. Our colorful discussion is still there for everyone to listen to. I have a website and "work" relationships to maintain. For the time being, I have to move past this situation which has taken up too much of my time as it is already. If people really wanted to make something happen, they could. Hasbro heard the fans, they released a press release acknowledging the situation (whether or not fans agree with everything that was said), and things seem to be moving in the right direction. The general fan community appears to be moving on and so must we. There is little sense in me spending any further time or energy on this issue that is out of my control. We've said what's on our minds. Now it's time to let the dust settle to see where all the pieces lie.

KenjaminLinus wrote:It is your site and I absolutely respect your efforts to maintain bridges that keep the news flowing, but I personally really would have liked to see you stick to your guns and let funpub sleep in the bed they have made, consequences be damned. We all did our part to stop SOPA and PIPA, I don't see why we shouldn't be just as united in opposition of a company that has done us ALL wrong for years.


Please have faith that I'm doing what is necessary and is in our best interests.

KenjaminLinus wrote:Sorry for the rant, still love you dudes and your banter. :michaelbay:


No need to apologize for expressing your views. I've got a pretty thick skin as well as a very understanding attitude to Seibertron.com's fans. I understand your frustrations and would feel much the same way were I in your shoes. Thanks for the compliments. Keep listening ... the next 30 days will be a lot of fun around here.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23376
News Credits: 758
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Twincast/Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Postby 1111111222233333 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Motto: ""...more than you need a FRIEND??" - Tracks"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I think groveling was extremely poor word choice on my part. My mindset was more "Why should these bastards be appeased in any way?", so I shot to something more extreme than it obviously actually was. Sorry bout that. Like I said, I completely understand why it had to be done. I also acknowledge it is absolutely not Seibertron's responsibility to "fight the good fight".

The general fan community appears to be moving on and so must we. I can't spend any more time or energy on this issue that is out of my control. We've said what's on our minds. Now it's time to let the dust settle to see where all the pieces lie.


Agreed.
1111111222233333
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014