Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Postby KNM2012 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Let me simplify this, Sabr, as you insulted me while trying to be right. You disregarded Toei's history when it comes to western companies. And this includes non-Transformers related companies like FUNimation. You disregarded the fact that continuity is based on changes that have a long-standing effect on how the story is handled. You disregarded the fact I am having issues with my laptop while trying to make me sound like a fool in public. You say I am this kind of guy, but you contradict it in your pursuit of being right. Something that has me spot holes in your "facts."

Sunbow's chronology is based on 98 episodes. Takara's chronology, before Headmasters, is based on 102-106 episodes and does not follow the same order as Sunbow's. Pioneer's chronology is based on Sunbow's, but replaced the two missing episodes with the TV special and OVA. Your claims dictate differently, which would have them put out a total of 100 episodes among the three sets. So when it comes to the Amazon Japan description of Pioneer's set, I also used two apps I downloaded... As well as Excite, Livedoor, Bing, Nifty, Babylon and Dictionary.com in hopes to find anything that is a repeating factor.

Namely... "Transformers "version of the United States", which aired in Japan TV series finally appeared!"

I cannot speak for the others... But I at the very least want the version of you that will jump in and help those who need information. The version of you that makes topics fun, at least when you talk to Pryme and Jelze. I don't want to have another 4 hours of my birthday wasted, and find myself spending a portion of that day and beyond hoping that Seibertron does not have a more negative view of me. And even then, I tried to find a middle ground between you and another member who brought this up. So please do not respond. Let this argument die and dwell on the fact that you have a reputation of dismissing things you say and others say in favor of being right.

So yeah... I will not block you because I know I will be missing out on a few fun times with you. However, I am now on the ropes and have to either ignore every topic you respond to... Consider quitting a second time just to spare me from having any anxiety that will result in me quitting... Or just hope that you will realize that you are dismissing a HUGE chunk of who I am because you have this "reputation" of being right. Hence why I am asking to stop, as I am doing just that, and dwell on how you are being perceived whenever you respond this way. (And this is a guy who, being diagnosed with Aspergers, is recommending... And does.)

Up to you. Because the me who rejoined this site wanted to have fun, not be insulted or be treated as an inferior - No matter what the case may be. And FYI: This is the exact reason why I said that I wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with HYDRA. The end here, and thank you for another "fun" time on these kind of topics. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Postby craggy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:15 pm

guys, sorry, I'm a bit lost here... which colour was Rumble again?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4710
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Let me simplify this, Sabr, as you insulted me while trying to be right.
When? Which line of mine insulted you?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You disregarded Toei's history when it comes to western companies. And this includes non-Transformers related companies like FUNimation.
What does Toei's history have to do with this?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You disregarded the fact that continuity is based on changes that have a long-standing effect on how the story is handled.
Even though Pioneer didn't change the story with their release?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You disregarded the fact I am having issues with my laptop
Your laptop issues are your own. What relevance do they have to the Transformers topic?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:while trying to make me sound like a fool in public.
Again, when?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You say I am this kind of guy, but you contradict it in your pursuit of being right. Something that has me spot holes in your "facts."
From what you told me, it sounded like you were saying that Pioneer redid the cartoon with their releases. If you were not saying that they redid the series, then I was mistaken.

Though, there ARE some things I WAS WRONG about. I though that Takara had released the clip shows on their LDs, when it looks like they didn't. I also thought Takara hadn't released the five missing episodes on their LDs, when it seems that they did as well. My mistake on these two accounts.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Sunbow's chronology is based on 98 episodes.
Yes.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Takara's chronology, before Headmasters, is based on 102-106 episodes and does not follow the same order as Sunbow's.
Yes, though, Takara's LDs didn't have the clip shows.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Pioneer's chronology is based on Sunbow's, but replaced the two missing episodes with the TV special and OVA.
Pioneer maintained the Japanese episode order that Takara did. Both have the episodes ordered as their were originally broadcasted in Japan.

Though, Takara also included both Scramble City and "Exciting Transformer" in their releases, according to this page - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/TakaraTomy#Home_video

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Your claims dictate differently, which would have them put out a total of 100 episodes among the three sets.
Having checked over things, I see now that Pioneer did sets of episodes 1-35, 36-63 + the 2 missing episodes, and 1-30 of 2010 + The Rebirth. 63 + 2 + 30 + 3 = 98.

And that Takara did sets of 1-35, 36-63 + the 2 missing episodes, and 1-30 of 2010. 35 + 28 + 2 + 30 = 95. Same count as Pioneer minus The Rebirth.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So when it comes to the Amazon Japan description of Pioneer's set, I also used two apps I downloaded... As well as Excite, Livedoor, Bing, Nifty, Babylon and Dictionary.com in hopes to find anything that is a repeating factor.

Namely... "Transformers "version of the United States", which aired in Japan TV series finally appeared!"
I'm looking into what this description is trying to say, and by breaking apart the individual phrases to make the message more coherent, it looks as though, by "U.S. version", they mean the cartoon itself originating from the U.S., with it being an American cartoon dubbed into Japanese The episodes themselves are unaltered from their original Japanese dubs in 1986. If they were, this would have been made well known all over with the main Transformers websites spelling it out.

Basically, the Amazon Japan is stating this:
"The American Transformers cartoon aired by Nippon Television is finally here. Included with all 30 TV episodes are three unaired episodes. Limited edition DVD-BOX."

That is a translation that both makes sense in English and sticks true to the message of the Japanese language description, whereas Google Translate felt more (pardon the pun) robotic in its translation.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:I cannot speak for the others... But I at the very least want the version of you that will jump in and help those who need information. The version of you that makes topics fun, at least when you talk to Pryme and Jelze.
That's what I'm trying to do here. I'm trying to help you see that Pioneer's episodes are just like Takara's episodes, same audio track and episode order and all.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:I don't want to have another 4 hours of my birthday wasted, and find myself spending a portion of that day and beyond hoping that Seibertron does not have a more negative view of me.
Happy Birthday.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And even then, I tried to find a middle ground between you and another member who brought this up. So please do not respond. Let this argument die and dwell on the fact that you have a reputation of dismissing things you say and others say in favor of being right.
I'm not trying to dismiss you. That's why I asked for where you were coming from this. But I aside from the Amazon Japan description, I don't know where one would come to think that Pioneer's episodes are different from Takara's when there hasn't been such an announcement made yet. Something like that is big news and worthy of being incorporated into the TFWiki, yet there's no mention of a second dub or episode reordering anywhere on that site.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So yeah... I will not block you because I know I will be missing out on a few fun times with you.
And I you. You're a smart guy with some interesting ideas.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:However, I am now on the ropes and have to either ignore every topic you respond to... Consider quitting a second time just to spare me from having any anxiety that will result in me quitting... Or just hope that you will realize that you are dismissing a HUGE chunk of who I am because you have this "reputation" of being right.
I just wrote above that I was WRONG about some things. I have openly spelled out in the past that I am not perfect and am just as prone to error as anyone. I am human, I make mistakes and failures just the same as anyone.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Hence why I am asking to stop, as I am doing just that, and dwell on how you are being perceived whenever you respond this way. (And this is a guy who, being diagnosed with Aspergers, is recommending... And does.)
You and I are more alike than you realize. I have Aspergers Syndrome as well.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Up to you. Because the me who rejoined this site wanted to have fun, not be insulted or be treated as an inferior - No matter what the case may be.
I have never once tried to insult you. If something was taken the wrong way, then I apologize. But I don't see you as an inferior.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And FYI: This is the exact reason why I said that I wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with HYDRA. The end here, and thank you for another "fun" time on these kind of topics. >:oP
I showed you where you could do that. Go to Allspark.com and talk with him. He's there. You can speak to him there.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17339
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Postby Burn » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 am

Hey guys! Guess what! You two are upsetting other members of this site! Image

So here's your choices, take your personal issues to pm land and sort it out between you both and get this thread back on topic.

Oh wait, that appears to only be one option. Deal with it or I'll have to. I'd rather not have to deal with the complaints about you two.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38547
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014