Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

United Kingdom Transformers sightings

Share your Transformers sightings here with other fellow Seibertronians in your area, meet other fans, plan meetups, and help each other find the latest new figure or great bargain at stores in your area. Feel free to help each other out finding other popular toys in your area as well.

United Kingdom Transformers sightings

Postby knook » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Motto: ""If you can't beat them, join their ranks and destroy them from the inside out""
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
Damn so everythings gone so i will make this thread :grin:
-edit- The old name is back
Last edited by knook on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you give a man a fish He will eat for a day
If you give a man a fishing rod; He'll trade it for a Fish
User avatar
knook
Fuzor
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:14 pm
Location: England
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: The Official U.K Hasbro bashing thread

Postby Dough-bot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:03 pm

KNOOK wrote:Damn so everythings gone so i will make this thread :grin:

not a problem but please rename it the official disgruntled Brits, its like calling a new cat snowball II, it needs to be the disgruntled brits thread, the title after that as it was for HC is up to you
Image
The Variable wrote:
And with a -BOMP- Roberts gives the fandom a new word to play with...
User avatar
Dough-bot
Brainmaster
Posts: 1370
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am

Postby JetfireUK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Disgruntled Brits!

Tis' good to be back! :grin:

Edit: If you've been in touch about buying figures can you reply on the carbombya thread - I can't seem to log in to my private messenger. :???:

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... ?p=442#442
Last edited by JetfireUK on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Ravage XK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:49 pm

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
JetfireUK wrote:Disgruntled Brits!



Can we ascertain how much of the time we Brits spend being Disgruntled?

I mean, there must be some small percentage when we in the UK are happy.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: FT Scoria(not Slag), MP-20 Wheeljack
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3953
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby JetfireUK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Ravage XK wrote:
JetfireUK wrote:Disgruntled Brits!



Can we ascertain how much of the time we Brits spend being Disgruntled?

I mean, there must be some small percentage when we in the UK are happy.



Um, for me I'm 20% un-disgruntled :P

I've finally found one line I want to collect - the Masterpiece line!
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Dough-bot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:00 pm

JetfireUK wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:
JetfireUK wrote:Disgruntled Brits!



Can we ascertain how much of the time we Brits spend being Disgruntled?

I mean, there must be some small percentage when we in the UK are happy.



Um, for me I'm 20% un-disgruntled :P

I've finally found one line I want to collect - the Masterpiece line!


Yep I'm happy

I'm gonna sell 80% of my 600+ Tf collection and concentrate on getting some alts and BT
Image
The Variable wrote:
And with a -BOMP- Roberts gives the fandom a new word to play with...
User avatar
Dough-bot
Brainmaster
Posts: 1370
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am

Postby Handels-Messerschmitt » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:23 pm

I've always wondered how Hasbro decides which Transformers will be sold in Europe. Do they pick the most popular toys in the US aside from the main characters or what?
Handels-Messerschmitt
Godmaster
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:11 pm

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ravage XK wrote:
JetfireUK wrote:Disgruntled Brits!



Can we ascertain how much of the time we Brits spend being Disgruntled?

I mean, there must be some small percentage when we in the UK are happy.


Well thanks to the tomfoolery on the forums and the passwords not working on HMW, my percentage is conciderably smaller than normal right now...

That and Argos exceling and being crap.

Edit: And we are getting beaten by the bloody Michiganers....
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Rodentus Prime » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Kjell wrote:I've always wondered how Hasbro decides which Transformers will be sold in Europe. Do they pick the most popular toys in the US aside from the main characters or what?


I believe they use a combination of whatever figures they are sent and the names that the marketing monkeys pick out of a barrel.

What am I talking about, Hasbro UK aren't that organised!
Image
Rodentus Prime
Combiner
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 am

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Rodentus Prime wrote:
Kjell wrote:I've always wondered how Hasbro decides which Transformers will be sold in Europe. Do they pick the most popular toys in the US aside from the main characters or what?


I believe they use a combination of whatever figures they are sent and the names that the marketing monkeys pick out of a barrel.

What am I talking about, Hasbro UK aren't that organised!


In all seriousness I suspect it's actully the oposite, we often get tfs and sets that havent sold as well (VP vs SS for instence).

I suspect with the movie coming up, even if the toys aint that great, at least we wont be getting as shafted as in the past.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Plymouth » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi all! :D

What's happened to the original disgruntled brits thread? I've noticed for a few days now it had been showing no posts matching this topic. Will we get it back? Wasn't it the longest running thread here?

Ron. 8)
Plymouth
Micromaster
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:54 pm

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Plymouth wrote:Hi all! :D

What's happened to the original disgruntled brits thread? I've noticed for a few days now it had been showing no posts matching this topic. Will we get it back? Wasn't it the longest running thread here?

Ron. 8)


Firstly:
Ryan decided he didnt like phpbb... so he changed everything. It went a little wrong, the ODBT stoped showing posts.

THEN, something went VERY wrong, and all the forum data was lost, make your own decisions on the posibility that it was down to ryan's meddlings with things that worked fine or not....
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Dough-bot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Redimus wrote:
Plymouth wrote:Hi all! :D

What's happened to the original disgruntled brits thread? I've noticed for a few days now it had been showing no posts matching this topic. Will we get it back? Wasn't it the longest running thread here?

Ron. 8)


Firstly:
Ryan decided he didnt like phpbb... so he changed everything. It went a little wrong, the ODBT stoped showing posts.

THEN, something went VERY wrong, and all the forum data was lost, make your own decisions on the posibility that it was down to ryan's meddlings with things that worked fine or not....

Red

Its ryans site and if he wants to 'meddle' then so be it
I have no clue about website setup so he is a supergod of computers to me but the forums are up and running so lets get on with getting those 390 odd pages back
Image
The Variable wrote:
And with a -BOMP- Roberts gives the fandom a new word to play with...
User avatar
Dough-bot
Brainmaster
Posts: 1370
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:50 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Dough-bot wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Plymouth wrote:Hi all! :D

What's happened to the original disgruntled brits thread? I've noticed for a few days now it had been showing no posts matching this topic. Will we get it back? Wasn't it the longest running thread here?

Ron. 8)


Firstly:
Ryan decided he didnt like phpbb... so he changed everything. It went a little wrong, the ODBT stoped showing posts.

THEN, something went VERY wrong, and all the forum data was lost, make your own decisions on the posibility that it was down to ryan's meddlings with things that worked fine or not....

Red

Its ryans site and if he wants to 'meddle' then so be it
I have no clue about website setup so he is a supergod of computers to me but the forums are up and running so lets get on with getting those 390 odd pages back


This is true... I just felt the need to vent...


we really need to get disgruntling... at the moment were getting beat by a topic that consists mostly of people whinging bitterly about argos...
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Dough-bot » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:59 pm

well lets moan about....

I think I remember

Red is single
Phantomfish is still waiting for me to get my fat arse down to argos where i know they have rodimus 'cos he's in the window
I have to sell about 450 is figures to make some room
Nac(ravage xk) has stuff to sell
AK Hates the movie and all toys relating to it (and who doesn't :P )
Argos finally are showing signs of pulling their finger out of their ass
JetfireUK is selling me some BT's and the one's he sold he has paid too much postage for :oops:
BigGrim is getting into Mecha more and more as Tf supply is crap and not much interests him
The transformers bay movie is gonna suck balls

miss anything/one out


Oh.... and Hasbro UK distribution sucks again
Image
The Variable wrote:
And with a -BOMP- Roberts gives the fandom a new word to play with...
User avatar
Dough-bot
Brainmaster
Posts: 1370
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Dough-bot wrote:well lets moan about....

I think I remember

Red is single
Phantomfish is still waiting for me to get my fat arse down to argos where i know they have rodimus 'cos he's in the window
I have to sell about 450 is figures to make some room
Nac(ravage xk) has stuff to sell
AK Hates the movie and all toys relating to it (and who doesn't :P )
Argos finally are showing signs of pulling their finger out of their ass
JetfireUK is selling me some BT's and the one's he sold he has paid too much postage for :oops:
BigGrim is getting into Mecha more and more as Tf supply is crap and not much interests him
The transformers bay movie is gonna suck balls

miss anything/one out


Oh.... and Hasbro UK distribution sucks again


How the hell did you remember all that?

:shock:
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Big Grim » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Motto: "Among the Winners, there is no room for the weak!"
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Kjell wrote:I've always wondered how Hasbro decides which Transformers will be sold in Europe. Do they pick the most popular toys in the US aside from the main characters or what?


Throw darts at a dartboard with random TF names on it.

Dough-bot wrote:well lets moan about....

I think I remember

Red is single
Phantomfish is still waiting for me to get my fat arse down to argos where i know they have rodimus 'cos he's in the window
I have to sell about 450 is figures to make some room
Nac(ravage xk) has stuff to sell
AK Hates the movie and all toys relating to it (and who doesn't :P )
Argos finally are showing signs of pulling their finger out of their ass
JetfireUK is selling me some BT's and the one's he sold he has paid too much postage for :oops:
BigGrim is getting into Mecha more and more as Tf supply is crap and not much interests him
The transformers bay movie is gonna suck balls

miss anything/one out


Oh.... and Hasbro UK distribution sucks again


Bravo mate!

And yeah. Giant Mecha rock. Need to buy more Alts & Kiss figures though. But Mecha rocks!
Image
Big Grim
Faction Commander
Posts: 4178
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:00 am
Location: Darkest Scotland
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Dough-bot » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:30 am

Redimus wrote:
Dough-bot wrote:well lets moan about....

I think I remember

Red is single
Phantomfish is still waiting for me to get my fat arse down to argos where i know they have rodimus 'cos he's in the window
I have to sell about 450 is figures to make some room
Nac(ravage xk) has stuff to sell
AK Hates the movie and all toys relating to it (and who doesn't :P )
Argos finally are showing signs of pulling their finger out of their ass
JetfireUK is selling me some BT's and the one's he sold he has paid too much postage for :oops:
BigGrim is getting into Mecha more and more as Tf supply is crap and not much interests him
The transformers bay movie is gonna suck balls

miss anything/one out


Oh.... and Hasbro UK distribution sucks again


How the hell did you remember all that?

:shock:


Its my job to remeber what my boss doesn't so i get good a packing quick facts together and then it just seems to come out in the right order

enough about me...... more posting only another 391 pages to go :P
Image
The Variable wrote:
And with a -BOMP- Roberts gives the fandom a new word to play with...
User avatar
Dough-bot
Brainmaster
Posts: 1370
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:19 am

Thanks to Dough-Bot I now remember what the last 50 pages on the original thread were about :D

...I'll also keep your figures on hold.

Hmm, I still can't get into my private messenger. Has anyone else had that problem and managed to fix it?

RavageXV - are you getting MP Megs? Do you know how much he'll cost roughly?
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:57 am

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
JetfireUK wrote:
Hmm, I still can't get into my private messenger. Has anyone else had that problem and managed to fix it?

RavageXV - are you getting MP Megs? Do you know how much he'll cost roughly?


I will be getting MP Megs, I put up a holding page on my site. I have had to reserve some already, but not many. I dont have a price yet as it depends on the weight for shipping. I hope it won't be more than MP Starscream but if its dead heavy then it might be.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: FT Scoria(not Slag), MP-20 Wheeljack
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3953
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:12 am

Cheers Fella, and I will get your new name right next time - honest!

I could be interested - when is Megs being released?
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:16 am

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
JetfireUK wrote:Cheers Fella, and I will get your new name right next time - honest!

I could be interested - when is Megs being released?


I thought it was the end of March but could be wrong.

I would have kept my old name but when I went to fix my sig in my profile it wouldnt let me keep a name of three letters. So I picked the name of the first TF I saw.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: FT Scoria(not Slag), MP-20 Wheeljack
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3953
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodentus Prime » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:37 am

I'll hopefully be getting MP Megatron in april nice and cheap - my parents are on a round the world holiday and they will be passing through singapore for a few days. I've given them strict instructions!! *cross fingers*
Image
Rodentus Prime
Combiner
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 am

Postby phantomfish » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:41 am

Weapon: 16 Cannons
Dough-bot wrote:well lets moan about....

I think I remember

Phantomfish is still waiting for me to get my fat arse down to argos where i know they have rodimus 'cos he's in the window


Don't worry about it....it's not like I'm desperate as my G1 MOSC Micromaster Combiners arrived this morning so that should keep me entertained for a few hours until I need my next fix of TF goodness.

Anbody would think I was addicted to this collecting TF lark....now where's my Rodimus....starting to shake....going cold turkey is not good! :P

Oh and welcome back to all the disgruntled brits out there we desperately need to get this thread back over the 100 page mark!
phantomfish
Fuzor
Posts: 278
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 10
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:02 am

One thought that has come to mind is whether we could use this thread for want lists and such. Basically I'm sure that there are loads of people who are after certain figures and I thought that it would be good to add lists here. What do the rest of you think?

Okay, I'm just asking on my behalf - I want a cheap MP02 damnit! :P
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Next

Return to Toy Sightings and Local Meetups

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014