Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

United Kingdom Transformers sightings

Share your Transformers sightings here with other fellow Seibertronians in your area, meet other fans, plan meetups, and help each other find the latest new figure or great bargain at stores in your area. Feel free to help each other out finding other popular toys in your area as well.

Postby Crumplezone » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:06 am

Glyph wrote:I guess they could in some measure be forgiven for having that impression if we consider the tendency for the UK collector to import from either the US or Japan rather than wait for a Hasbro UK release...

Vicious circle much?


Well thats mainly caused by the fact that we have to wait for our TFs for so long after the US get theirs, and that they have an annoying habbit of cutting the series short and missing figures. We have to import to make sure we get the figures we want.

I think you would find 9/10 collectors would wait if we knew we were going to get all the figures in the line but I can't see that happening for anything other than the movie toys.

I'm still missing Energon Galvatron and Cybs Dark Crumplezone for this reason.
Crumplezone
Vehicon
Posts: 348
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm

Postby JetfireUK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:06 am

I should give H-UK some slack as they have got better, but considering todays' "global market" surely it's better to release figures worldwide at the same time?

Then again I haven't bought a UK release for at least a year although that might change if I can find a cheap C-Soundwave...
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Glyph » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:18 am

JetfireUK wrote:Then again I haven't bought a UK release for at least a year although that might change if I can find a cheap C-Soundwave...

Currently selling for £9.98 in my Asda/WalMart alongside Nemesis Breaker. Dunno whether other stores will have the same stock or price...
Psychout wrote:Im not scared of a gender confused minibot! :P
Merc With A Mouth wrote:Who is Glyph and why is he so awesome?
User avatar
Glyph
Posts: 4592
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:15 pm

Postby JetfireUK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:47 am

Cheers Glyph,

I'll take a look tonight in my local Asda after work. He's the only current figure that piques my interest.
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby Crumplezone » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 am

High Command wrote:To be fair to hasbro UK, they've improved the waiting time for new figures quite a bit. We're now only a few months behind the US rather then a being a full year behind as we were at one point. For the end of cybertron they released a hell of a lot of new figures quite quickly and the shelves haven't been too heavy with countless numbers of repaints or earlier shelfwarmers.
However don't think I've gone soft on them! Far more annoying then the wait is the completely random list of figures that fail to get released over here. Figures such as cybertron Red Alert or his repaint Cannonball. Both of which I own, but only thanks to imports (I own the Japanese version of Red Alert and the US release of Cannonball).


I thought this catch up that H,UK has been going through is only to get in line with the US for the movie figures release. If however they do manage to keep in line i'll be buying a lot more figures from UK outlets.

They still need to work on their wholes in their figure assortment though.
Crumplezone
Vehicon
Posts: 348
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm

Postby High Command » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:26 am

Crumplezone wrote:
High Command wrote:To be fair to hasbro UK, they've improved the waiting time for new figures quite a bit. We're now only a few months behind the US rather then a being a full year behind as we were at one point. For the end of cybertron they released a hell of a lot of new figures quite quickly and the shelves haven't been too heavy with countless numbers of repaints or earlier shelfwarmers.
However don't think I've gone soft on them! Far more annoying then the wait is the completely random list of figures that fail to get released over here. Figures such as cybertron Red Alert or his repaint Cannonball. Both of which I own, but only thanks to imports (I own the Japanese version of Red Alert and the US release of Cannonball).


I thought this catch up that H,UK has been going through is only to get in line with the US for the movie figures release. If however they do manage to keep in line i'll be buying a lot more figures from UK outlets.

They still need to work on their wholes in their figure assortment though.


Agreed on both points.
Undoubtably they will be relasing the movie toys to fit with it's UK release. I was half expecting for them to miss out on classics, to bring us up to speed. Thankfully they did a decent enough job at bringing the final waves of cybertron to us, without missing too many figures out, with the final waves turning up and not being to difficult to track down. Instead of just the final 2-3 waves being skipped the missing figures have inexplicably been spread throughout the whole line and from several differnt size classes. I still can't work out why they do that. Apart from the obvious "hasbro UK are run by monkweys" answer.
Image
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8486
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby Dark Perceptor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:13 am

Dark Perceptor wrote:
Redimus wrote:
JetfireUK wrote:
Redimus wrote:Why do the shops in my town only stock tfs that I have... or Star Wars TFs?

Grrrr


Because you're a TF junkie?! :P




What's annoying is that they ALWAYS seem to wait until I have the toy before bothering to stock it... grrr.

I could really do with a local TrU.


In my expierence, they don't tend to be much better :-x


Ok i take that back. Went into my local TRU and they actually had things i needed in Cyb GF Vector Prime and wave 1 of the Classic Legends :shock:
Image
Dark Perceptor
Gestalt
Posts: 2353
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:34 pm

Postby Crumplezone » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:29 am

One thing I did like about the distribution of the Cybertron figures, was that they put different waves into different store chains. So we did not have shelfwarmers clogging every store.
Hopefully this is another practice they will stick with.
Crumplezone
Vehicon
Posts: 348
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm


Postby Insurgent » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Bagh! Nothing except overpriced Classics Prime and Megs in FP. And it appears I missed Escalation #3. :-( Anyone know where I can reliably get classics Astrotrain in Newcastle?
Insurgent
Gestalt
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Postby ShockwaveUK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Anyone after a TFC Megatron could consider this guy. £45 in hand ain't bad considering TFC Megs is already selling out on preorders.
ShockwaveUK

Postby Rodentus Prime » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:47 pm

Result - just picked up my main current want on ebay - a reprolabeled Alt Meister, £17 delivered - not to bad.
The guy is also selling a few other modded alts cheap including Tantrum (the reprolabeled Rollbar).
Image
Rodentus Prime
Combiner
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 am

Postby Psychout » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
shockwaveuk wrote:Anyone after a TFC Megatron could consider this guy. £45 in hand ain't bad considering TFC Megs is already selling out on preorders.

Meh, ive still got my original, Its the MP version im salivating for... :P

Alright lads.
I need to visit here more often, damn the additiveness HMW!

How the hell did the yanks get a longer thread than us, surely we have more to complain about than them?

Can we begin to build a list of all the good traders like ShockwaveUK has suugested? Link them all on the frontpost or something?

This thread was so handy for that previously. :(
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby soundwavegt » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 am

Just checked out my local Toys r us in Northampton. They have Cybertron Quickmix, Skywarp, Unicron, Hotshot(original version), Galaxy Force Vector Prime, and Classics Jetfire!
soundwavegt
Vehicon
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:39 am

Postby Crumplezone » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:03 am

soundwavegt wrote:Just checked out my local Toys r us in Northampton. They have Cybertron Quickmix, Skywarp, Unicron, Hotshot(original version), Galaxy Force Vector Prime, and Classics Jetfire!


I know I live one mile round the corner from them.
Crumplezone
Vehicon
Posts: 348
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
shockwaveuk wrote:Anyone after a TFC Megatron could consider this guy. £45 in hand ain't bad considering TFC Megs is already selling out on preorders.


Thank you. MINE.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: MP G2 Sideswipe, FT Scoria(not Slag)
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3922
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby ShockwaveUK » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Anyone know how to contact Metroplex UK? I tried sending an order via e-mail and I get a 'failed to send' message. :?
ShockwaveUK

I hope

Postby knook » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Motto: ""If you can't beat them, join their ranks and destroy them from the inside out""
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
I hope ALL the Movie toys come to the u.k because if they dont, :-x :sad:
If you give a man a fish He will eat for a day
If you give a man a fishing rod; He'll trade it for a Fish
User avatar
knook
Fuzor
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:14 pm
Location: England
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: I hope

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:49 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
KNOOK wrote:I hope ALL the Movie toys come to the u.k because if they dont, :-x :sad:


Not sure I want all... Unlike like Cybertron and the Classics, this line looks VERY flawed, and I kno if Hasbro UK stocked all of em, I'd end up buying far too many tfs I dont really like that much. Its the same reason I have any SWTFs, the easiest shop near me to get tfs from only stockes SWTFs (goddamn you asda).

I do however hope they have a wider avialability than the more recent lines have had in the shops.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby ShockwaveUK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 am

Anyone ever had problems with play.com? I use them all the time and I've never had a problem but I ordered a £700 laptop over a month ago and still haven't received it. I've sent 2 order queries to try and determine what's going on but I've had no reply to either.
ShockwaveUK

Re: I hope

Postby Glyph » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 am

KNOOK wrote:stuff

BTW, KNOOK, where did you get your pixelart Cyber Key avatar from? I'm looking for an archive of them, if there is one.
Psychout wrote:Im not scared of a gender confused minibot! :P
Merc With A Mouth wrote:Who is Glyph and why is he so awesome?
User avatar
Glyph
Posts: 4592
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: I hope

Postby ShockwaveUK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 am

Glyph wrote:
KNOOK wrote:stuff

BTW, KNOOK, where did you get your pixelart Cyber Key avatar from? I'm looking for an archive of them, if there is one.


The RDD site had them at one point, Nem would know where to get them.
ShockwaveUK

Postby JetfireUK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:39 am

shockwaveuk wrote:Anyone ever had problems with play.com? I use them all the time and I've never had a problem but I ordered a £700 laptop over a month ago and still haven't received it. I've sent 2 order queries to try and determine what's going on but I've had no reply to either.


I've only ever ordered DVDs and never had any problems. Could it be that they've run out of stock and are trying to locate one for you? Is there a telephone you can ring instead of e-mailing? I always prefer speaking to a person if I can.
JetfireUK
Gestalt
Posts: 2313
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:06 am

Postby ShockwaveUK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:43 am

JetfireUK wrote:
shockwaveuk wrote:Anyone ever had problems with play.com? I use them all the time and I've never had a problem but I ordered a £700 laptop over a month ago and still haven't received it. I've sent 2 order queries to try and determine what's going on but I've had no reply to either.


I've only ever ordered DVDs and never had any problems. Could it be that they've run out of stock and are trying to locate one for you? Is there a telephone you can ring instead of e-mailing? I always prefer speaking to a person if I can.


It's marked in my outstanding orders page as 'packing' as it has been for over a month, they've taken payment and I've checked the item a few times and it's been listed as in stock. Play have always been really reliable but the lack of communication is worrying me. I'll try giving them a ring if I don't hear anything by Monday.
Last edited by ShockwaveUK on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShockwaveUK

Postby Kaijubot » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:46 am

Motto: "No one escapes retribution."
Weapon: Energy Blades
Glyph, you might want to take a look here

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/barada/keys.html

I bookmarked the site a while ago for making backgrounds for my HMW team sprites.
Image
User avatar
Kaijubot
Godmaster
Posts: 1510
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:02 am
Location: Manchester, England
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Sightings and Local Meetups

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014