Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 am

Papa_prime wrote:Well, those all suck. No way I'm wasting money on these. What a disappointment.



That's unfortunate Papa_prime, but I respect your honesty - Take care :D
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 am

I just wanted to add a better pic of what Chris Meeks did with his Transformers Cards :)
Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

DISCHARGE wrote:Are these one per box like the Marvel 70th sketch cards?
Collecting sketch cards does get addictive, but having a piece of art that no one else owns is just awesome.



I honestly can't tell you Discharge -I would suggest you contact Tom Beyer or Breygent Marketing. I believe I posted it on one of the samples. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post it in this comment.
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am

I would like to thank Seibertron again for helping to put the word out about this set. the last set done was 2007 TOPPS Set : http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=7806 Roughly 4 years later and we have this new one coming out. Full Color and ranging from the G1 series, Transformers Live Action Films & Transformers Prime. This is for the true Transformer Collectors :grin:
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby Starscream84 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 am

Honestly the quick sharpie drawing ones do look sloppy. Not a fan of the traced or projector traced ones. Also, tracing a toy? I remember seeing that in the Voltron fan art book and it was awful. Cosmos is a MINI bot. The one shown is huge. Very odd perspectives in Frank's set.

Elmer and James Erik look great! I can tell they're probably actual fans of TF.

Maybe there will be more good ones but I'm surprised no one noticed these things are original art one offs the size of baseball cards. The skills involved on some of those rival people who draw comic book covers.

I may buy a couple packs because I do see ones I like but I hope I don't just get a traced one.
Starscream84
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 am

Starscream84 wrote:Honestly the quick sharpie drawing ones do look sloppy. Not a fan of the traced or projector traced ones. Also, tracing a toy? I remember seeing that in the Voltron fan art book and it was awful. Cosmos is a MINI bot. The one shown is huge. Very odd perspectives in Frank's set.

Elmer and James Erik look great! I can tell they're probably actual fans of TF.

Maybe there will be more good ones but I'm surprised no one noticed these things are original art one offs the size of baseball cards. The skills involved on some of those rival people who draw comic book covers.

I may buy a couple packs because I do see ones I like but I hope I don't just get a traced one.


Hello Starscream, how are you. I'm actually a fan of TF as well as other various mech-related shows. I could probably blame artist like Hern Trimpe, Jack Kirby & John Byrne for instilling within me the passion of forced perspective and just a general admiration for dynamic art. I suppose by todays standards of artistry there seems to be a overwhelming desire to see "LITERAL ART" which in some degrees, I do find compelling and even entertaining. Yet, I pose this question to you. Does an artist like myself who grew up in the 70's & 80's have an art style that can garner some appeal? The answer I've received from those who SEEM to like my art technique is YES but In that understanding. I find that, I respect critics like yourself who clearly are driven by a passion that in some ways mirrors my own.
I've counted already and have two dislikes to my artwork yet on other 20 + have already asked me where they can get my cards.
As a true TFan, I do hope that my art work of Cosmos hasn't stained this amazing set. I mean the last sketch set to come out was back in 2007 so hopefully this set will usher in more frequent ones. Giving artist and collectors , like myself to celebrate the genre we so love.
Till All Are One :grin:
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby Starscream84 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 am

I know the artists you are talking about. Andrew Wildman is a great artist who shows those influences. I don't know what you think forced perspective is (Jack Kirby was great at this) but when Cosmos' hand is the same size , proportionately, held in front of him as it is when he stands straight on that is NOT forced perspective.

As a fan I wouldn't call Transformers Mechs myself. They don't have pilots.
Starscream84
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:40 am

Starscream84 wrote:I know the artists you are talking about. Andrew Wildman is a great artist who shows those influences. I don't know what you think forced perspective is (Jack Kirby was great at this) but when Cosmos' hand is the same size , proportionately, held in front of him as it is when he stands straight on that is NOT forced perspective.

As a fan I wouldn't call Transformers Mechs myself. They don't have pilots.



I think that this will be relegated to "Artistic Taste" again as an artist whose been in the field for many years. I can say that i wasn't a great fan of Steve Ditko's but years later- I understood his genius. By no means am I comparing myself to such an amazing artisan yet I will say in humble defense- I'm no slouch either. As someone who loves Transformers and a number of other genres- I will admit with great pride. I'm not a hardcore fan, yet I own figures and really, really love the G1 series and the animated film. What does that make me in the eyes of the more dedicated fan- I really dunno??? I'd hope we could be brothers who generally enjoy mechanized automatons even though one of (ahem) may call a sentient bot a mech.
It's not the end of the world in my eyes and I will continue doing what i love to do.
I will say that, I am very happy that you decided to respond back and we have dialogue. By no way,, was offended by your critique and I've actually embraced it as a continuing ode that my style of art needs to be out there.
Alongside my fellow artisans like Andrew Wildman, Herb Trimpe, Matt Frank and you get the point.
If your on FB please feel free to add me as a friend.
I'm a fan of G1 Starscream and just on that principle we should chat more :APPLAUSE:
I look forward to your response- All the best.
Frankie B
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 am

Hey Everyone, I'd like to present some of Lin Workman's Transformer Samples : http://www.linworkman.com/

Image

Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:20 am

fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 am

Rich Molinelli has just displayed some more samples : http://www.facebook.com/Rich.A.Molinelli

Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Here's some more Scott Zambelli : http://theartofscott.com/index.htmlTransformers Samples

Image

Image

Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 am

Hey everyone, I just got the okay from Tom Breyer - Breygent Marketing the okay to showcase all 125 cards + 25 APs I did for the Transformers Set. It's a shame that the gel pens don't show up well on the scans. The colors, especially for explosions are practically florescent.
These are a ton of cards so, I uploaded them onto my DA gallery here :
http://fbwash.deviantart.com/gallery/

Image

Image

Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby El Duque » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron.com fbwash has dropped by the Energon Pub with another set of updates for the Transformers Collector Card set due out this Fall from Breygent Marketing including some of his own work. Check out the images below.

Hey everyone, I just got the okay from Tom Breyer - Breygent Marketing the okay to showcase all 125 cards + 25 APs I did for the Transformers Set. It's a shame that the gel pens don't show up well on the scans. The colors, especially for explosions are practically florescent.
These are a ton of cards so, I uploaded them onto my DA gallery here :
http://fbwash.deviantart.com/gallery/

Image

Image

Image

I just wanted to add a better pic of what Chris Meeks did with his Transformers Cards :)
Image

Hey Everyone, I'd like to present some of Lin Workman's Transformer Samples : http://www.linworkman.com/

Image

Image

OMG, Brent Engstrom's Transformers Cards are Amazing : http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2012/08/transformers-sketch-cards-for-breygent.html

Image

Rich Molinelli has just displayed some more samples : http://www.facebook.com/Rich.A.Molinelli

Image

Here's some more Scott Zambelli : http://theartofscott.com/index.htmlTransformers Samples

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9621
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Tom Breyer's art is amazing. I want those pics on my walls, with all their funky colours and semi-psychadelic properties. :CON:
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:Tom Breyer's art is amazing. I want those pics on my walls, with all their funky colours and semi-psychadelic properties. :CON:



Lmao- Actually Tom Breyer is the guy whose putting out the set. He's the owner of Breygent Marketing and pretty much the person who selected Me and other artist to do the artwork for this card set. Thank you for the comment and hopefully he'll put the news out on how to order packs. You can scroll through the previous pages here and find the posting I put up with his email. I really enjoyed working these cards and so happy to see the various examples of styles applied to the TFormers :D
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
fbwash wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Tom Breyer's art is amazing. I want those pics on my walls, with all their funky colours and semi-psychadelic properties. :CON:



Lmao- Actually Tom Breyer is the guy whose putting out the set. He's the owner of Breygent Marketing and pretty much the person who selected Me and other artist to do the artwork for this card set. Thank you for the comment and hopefully he'll put the news out on how to order packs. You can scroll through the previous pages here and find the posting I put up with his email. I really enjoyed working these cards and so happy to see the various examples of styles applied to the TFormers :D


Haha, okay, my bad. Ya, YOUR art. Definitely what I like the most. Others are cool too, but damn do those colours make me feel like a kid again. Makes me want to chew bubblegum haha. I haven't been following these cards much, are there going to be stats on the back for some sort of card combat/trading game?
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:24 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
fbwash wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Tom Breyer's art is amazing. I want those pics on my walls, with all their funky colours and semi-psychadelic properties. :CON:



Lmao- Actually Tom Breyer is the guy whose putting out the set. He's the owner of Breygent Marketing and pretty much the person who selected Me and other artist to do the artwork for this card set. Thank you for the comment and hopefully he'll put the news out on how to order packs. You can scroll through the previous pages here and find the posting I put up with his email. I really enjoyed working these cards and so happy to see the various examples of styles applied to the TFormers :D


Haha, okay, my bad. Ya, YOUR art. Definitely what I like the most. Others are cool too, but damn do those colours make me feel like a kid again. Makes me want to chew bubblegum haha. I haven't been following these cards much, are there going to be stats on the back for some sort of card combat/trading game?


Not a problem Mindvvipe. Pretty much these are sketch cards which we sign on the back our names and are really just original artwork and not stats. I spoke with Tom about Base cards (Trading Cards) and he said that after this set. If the response is good for it. Then he's consider doing Base Cards, Not sure if he'd do the stats on the back.
Here's Breygent site : http://www.breygent.com/ They do a lot of various IP's from various companies.
He's really new to Transformers, so my fingers are crossed that the TFans will be able to gobble these cards up and ask for seconds and thirds :grin:
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:56 pm

These are all very awesome, but this set is my favorite:
fbwash wrote:OMG, Brent Engstrom's Transformers Cards are Amazing : http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2012/08/transformers-sketch-cards-for-breygent.html

Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2063
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:These are all very awesome, but this set is my favorite:
fbwash wrote:OMG, Brent Engstrom's Transformers Cards are Amazing : http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2012/08/transformers-sketch-cards-for-breygent.html

Image


The funny thing is I'm buying packs and really hoping to snag some of Brent's cards. His take on the TFormers is so much fun, almost like MAD magazine. It's such a different approach and I want ALL of them :grin:
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby quickmixed » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:32 pm

So are these sketch cards the chase cards in the set or is the entire set sketch cards? And are they mass produced or only one of a kind original art?
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
User avatar
quickmixed
Vehicon
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:46 am

quickmixed wrote:So are these sketch cards the chase cards in the set or is the entire set sketch cards? And are they mass produced or only one of a kind original art?


From what Tom told me, his exact words were that this set had no "Base Cards" and yes these are all one-of-kind original 2x5 x 3x5 pieces of artwork. If you open a pack and get one, it should not be a reproduction. I'm really not sure if he's selling any additional Chase Cards with the sketch cards.
I'm an artist whose worked on a few card sets for Tom and just really enthusiastic about this set. Because it features characters and a genre that I love... And something that I want to see Breygent doing more of.
My fingers are crossed that this set does well and is received by as many TF collectors out there whp are looking to own TF art that might not be done by the artist they love and cherish. But by artist who they've never seen before and professionals in their own right.
Maybe this set will entice some of the known TF artist to try their hands at doing this set- Maybe.
I would suggest that you contact Tom : tom@breygent.com to get a more in depth info about this set.
I hope this helped in some way ;)
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby quickmixed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:03 pm

That clears things up a bit for me. Cheers for the reply.

I hope I can get my hands on some packs.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
User avatar
quickmixed
Vehicon
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 pm

quickmixed wrote:That clears things up a bit for me. Cheers for the reply.

I hope I can get my hands on some packs.



Not a problem.
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Re: UPDATE :TRANSFORMER CARD SET COMING FALL 2012

Postby fbwash » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Hey everyone, here's the newest batch of Transformers Sketch Card previews from the talented Denise Parrish :http://deniseparrishdesigns.com/

Image
fbwash
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am
Buy from fbwash on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014