Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Blurrz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:16 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
We have waited years for an official toy from Hasbro and Takara that transforms Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime. While some have complained about the toy that they have spent years dreaming about, there is no doubt that the figure is a fitting addition to the Masterpiece toy line. And what better way to hear the positives about the toy, if not from the most well known Hot Rod fan in the Transformers community, Canada's own Protoman. He's the reason why Animated Rodimus Minor has the popped collar, he's got the craziest and most well-versed collection of Hot Rod/Rodimus toys (Yes.. even Hot Rod Shampoo), so check out his review of the Masterpiece figure below!



For a comedic look at the figure, it's Seibertron.com's voice-actor extraordinare and overall great guy, jon3pnt0. Check out his review, or should I say, Optimus Prime's review of the Masterpiece toy embed below.



Have Rodimus in your hands right now? Then why not join in on the discussion in our forums. Proclaim the figure's greatness or contribute to his ridicule!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11577
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sooo glad I passed.
:CON:
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 am

Whoa, I didn't realize the other Rodimus Prime toys there were. Including that vinyl toy.
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby TeletranPrime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:50 am

He at least could have sown the transformation, im so intrigued how the same toy can change from Hot Rod to Rodimus. I could have just looked at more photos.
TeletranPrime
Mini-Con
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby im ruined » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 am

Motto: "Once again, our bodies SLUGGISH with GOAT MEAT"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
kinda cool but ill stick with FPROJECT rodimus. Now if only we could get a better faceplate for it :(
Image I DREW THIS
im ruined
Minibot
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 am
Location: Houston, Tx.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Mykltron » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Wow, he's a real fanatic. He sounds like a religious nut!
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6081
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 am

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Well, I appreciate the review Protoman did, and he managed some good shots of the figure, and I was intrigued by the amount of Hotrod toys out there because I didn't know how many repaints there actually were. However, he sounds like a total nutter. He spends more time babbling than he does talking about the toy. He completely skips over the transformations and almost half of the video he just talks about how much he loves the toy and just glazes over the vehicle mode, at least he warns that his review is just going to be about him gushing.

Also, I'm going to put Rodimus' trailer on over and over now just out of spite. This thing is really irritating to watch in the context of a real review, but I can understand (kinda) that he just felt awesome enough about the toy to put it on video. The risk he ran with people thinking he was sounding crazy didn't matter to him, so I guess that's cool. Still though..... nutter.
Quick Toy Reviews. My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/QuickToyReviews

Image

Groovy
User avatar
Fires_Of_Inferno
Headmaster
Posts: 1129
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta. Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Darclipto » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:43 am

That second video was funny as hell! :lol:
Darclipto
Mini-Con
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Fenrir Prime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:51 am

TeletranPrime wrote:He at least could have sown the transformation, im so intrigued how the same toy can change from Hot Rod to Rodimus. I could have just looked at more photos.



Optibotimus has a whole review on his youtube account, though he isn't so crazy about the toy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V68FT39f ... ture=feedu
User avatar
Fenrir Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby El Duque » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
"Zamboni from hell." XoD It's funny because it's true!!

I think optibotimus has hit the nail squarely on the head. For a $200 product from a premiere toy manufacturer, you should really be getting perfection. Even the most tenacious Hot Rod hater can't argue with how sexy all four modes look, but I can't think of anything more inexcusable than a Transformer that isn't fun to transform.

I watched all three reviews from start to finish (haven't got much to do), and even Protoman's review filled me with uncertainty about the quality. Optibotimus sounded really exasperated at times.

I thought this would be my first Masterpiece. I'm very relieved I decided to hold off until reviews came out. Epic pass!

NOTE: Does anyone else think Protoman's assistant looked like she was there against her will? Perhaps held hostage by an army of Hot Rod figures.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sodan-1 wrote:"Zamboni from hell." XoD It's funny because it's true!!

I think optibotimus has hit the nail squarely on the head. For a $200 product from a premiere toy manufacturer, you should really be getting perfection. Even the most tenacious Hot Rod hater can't argue with how sexy all four modes look, but I can't think of anything more inexcusable than a Transformer that isn't fun to transform.

I watched all three reviews from start to finish (haven't got much to do), and even Protoman's review filled me with uncertainty about the quality. Optibotimus sounded really exasperated at times.

I thought this would be my first Masterpiece. I'm very relieved I decided to hold off until reviews came out. Epic pass!

NOTE: Does anyone else think Protoman's assistant looked like she was there against her will? Perhaps held hostage by an army of Hot Rod figures.


Not really "sexy" either (regarding the girl), hahaha.

Grimlock is the Best MP imo, even though a lot of you agree it is Optimus. You migh be right as I've never held it physically, but the vehicle mode seems wierd with the indented area under the windshield. Grimlock on the other hand is 100% in all modes, with the only drawbacks being somewhat limited dino head movement, and no place to store weapons.
:CON:
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Naked Magnus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm

CRAP! Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow from BBTS! I had no idea MP Roddy would be this bad! I am VERY glad I saw these reviews today. I skimmed through optibotimus' review because it was so dang long, but I got the point. I am slightly OCD and if I had broken Roddy myself, it would have just driven me nuts! Now I know to take extra care when transforming him and ensure beforehand I have at least an hour or two set aside in advance. I can easily see myself getting into a hurry and breaking this.

What scares me most is that optibotimus says that MP Roddy is even more fragile than MP Megs! I actually got scared reading the reviews for MP Megs that, to this day, I have not transformed him. He is the only transformer that I own and that I have not transformed. After tomorrow, that number may increase to two.
Image
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Pontimax 01 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I watched 95% of Optibotimu's review. While I have no intention of getting MP09, I do have an MP01L on preorder at BBTS. I'm wondering and worried now that if they used such cheap and obvious cost cutting on him, then will they screw up the reissue of OP the same way? Yeah, the previous releases were good, but after seeing this, I seriously worry about what I'm going to be dropping my money on.

Maybe they'll cheapen MP01 up too with lower grade plastic and crappy QC, or even delete the diecast out of him. I dunno, but I lost my confidence over this.
Image
User avatar
Pontimax 01
Headmaster
Posts: 1065
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm
Location: Vandalia/Dayton, OH

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby EdabanG » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Motto: "Look what I just found... oh slag.."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I have both Masterpiece Megatron and Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, and I think that Megatron is more complex of a transformation than Rodimus. Rodimus was $100 more expensive than Megatron on the other hand. I have a little OCD myself and I actually enjoy the transformation to Rodimus' Alt Mode from either Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime (basically the same). I have even been able to get my Rodimus to roll back and forth across my desk. I have uploaded video to my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/edabang?fea ... WiFEYwa_80
I am very happy with my Masterpiece Rodimus Prime(maybe I got a "good" one).
Oh yeah, BTW, I haven't been brave enough to go into Rodimus Prime Alt Mode yet.
Can't bring myself to marking up the spoiler...
EdabanG
Mini-Con
Posts: 28
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Westminster, CO
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby jON3.0 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 am

Motto: ""Who you callin' a robot chicken?!?""
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
I thought that THIRD review was AWESOME!!! ;) Thanks, for posting mine,... er, I mean, PRIME'S review of Rodimus! At least I didn't make it 47 minutes long. It took me longer than THAT to transform!
User avatar
jON3.0
Combiner
Posts: 495
News Credits: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Memphis, TN
Watch jON3.0 on YouTube
Buy from jON3.0 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:"Zamboni from hell." XoD It's funny because it's true!!

I think optibotimus has hit the nail squarely on the head. For a $200 product from a premiere toy manufacturer, you should really be getting perfection. Even the most tenacious Hot Rod hater can't argue with how sexy all four modes look, but I can't think of anything more inexcusable than a Transformer that isn't fun to transform.

I watched all three reviews from start to finish (haven't got much to do), and even Protoman's review filled me with uncertainty about the quality. Optibotimus sounded really exasperated at times.

I thought this would be my first Masterpiece. I'm very relieved I decided to hold off until reviews came out. Epic pass!

NOTE: Does anyone else think Protoman's assistant looked like she was there against her will? Perhaps held hostage by an army of Hot Rod figures.


Not really "sexy" either (regarding the girl), hahaha.

Grimlock is the Best MP imo, even though a lot of you agree it is Optimus. You migh be right as I've never held it physically, but the vehicle mode seems wierd with the indented area under the windshield. Grimlock on the other hand is 100% in all modes, with the only drawbacks being somewhat limited dino head movement, and no place to store weapons.
:CON:

She's not there against her will, and there's no need to be making comments such as "ugly".

That's the man's wife you're talking about. Show some respect.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8806
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Autobot032 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:"Zamboni from hell." XoD It's funny because it's true!!

I think optibotimus has hit the nail squarely on the head. For a $200 product from a premiere toy manufacturer, you should really be getting perfection. Even the most tenacious Hot Rod hater can't argue with how sexy all four modes look, but I can't think of anything more inexcusable than a Transformer that isn't fun to transform.

I watched all three reviews from start to finish (haven't got much to do), and even Protoman's review filled me with uncertainty about the quality. Optibotimus sounded really exasperated at times.

I thought this would be my first Masterpiece. I'm very relieved I decided to hold off until reviews came out. Epic pass!

NOTE: Does anyone else think Protoman's assistant looked like she was there against her will? Perhaps held hostage by an army of Hot Rod figures.


Not really "sexy" either (regarding the girl), hahaha.

Grimlock is the Best MP imo, even though a lot of you agree it is Optimus. You migh be right as I've never held it physically, but the vehicle mode seems wierd with the indented area under the windshield. Grimlock on the other hand is 100% in all modes, with the only drawbacks being somewhat limited dino head movement, and no place to store weapons.
:CON:

She's not there against her will, and there's no need to be making comments such as "ugly".

That's the man's wife you're talking about. Show some respect.


I didn't think that he'd chloroformed her off the street, but just because she's married to the man doesn't mean she wouldn't rather be doing something else.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Sodan-1 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:"Zamboni from hell." XoD It's funny because it's true!!

I think optibotimus has hit the nail squarely on the head. For a $200 product from a premiere toy manufacturer, you should really be getting perfection. Even the most tenacious Hot Rod hater can't argue with how sexy all four modes look, but I can't think of anything more inexcusable than a Transformer that isn't fun to transform.

I watched all three reviews from start to finish (haven't got much to do), and even Protoman's review filled me with uncertainty about the quality. Optibotimus sounded really exasperated at times.

I thought this would be my first Masterpiece. I'm very relieved I decided to hold off until reviews came out. Epic pass!

NOTE: Does anyone else think Protoman's assistant looked like she was there against her will? Perhaps held hostage by an army of Hot Rod figures.


Not really "sexy" either (regarding the girl), hahaha.

Grimlock is the Best MP imo, even though a lot of you agree it is Optimus. You migh be right as I've never held it physically, but the vehicle mode seems wierd with the indented area under the windshield. Grimlock on the other hand is 100% in all modes, with the only drawbacks being somewhat limited dino head movement, and no place to store weapons.
:CON:

She's not there against her will, and there's no need to be making comments such as "ugly".

That's the man's wife you're talking about. Show some respect.


I didn't think that he'd chloroformed her off the street, but just because she's married to the man doesn't mean she wouldn't rather be doing something else.


You need to read his MP-09 review thread over at TFW, then. It proves his wife is totally geekified. Definitely better than most fans can say, what with all of the "My wife/girlfriend hates..." threads that you see pop up every now and then.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8806
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Jazz-1982 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:05 am

I'm really surprised by TT releasing this Masterpiece with so many defects, usually their quality is top notch.
I'll wait for the Hasbro version as it will be cheaper, doesn't come with the crappy trailer and by the sounds of things will be a bit more colourful :BOT:
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 565
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 am

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Really guys...

getting hung up on a girl being in a Transformers review video, no matter what the reason for her being there, is really, really lame.

Wingman advice: Let it go Indiana. Let it go.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15238
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:11 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Jazz-1982 wrote:I'm really surprised by TT releasing this Masterpiece with so many defects, usually their quality is top notch.
I'll wait for the Hasbro version as it will be cheaper, doesn't come with the crappy trailer and by the sounds of things will be a bit more colourful :BOT:


The assumption being passed around is that the factory rushed out the production before the Chinese New Year, which is currently taking place. I don't know if that's really true or not, but that's what people are saying.

Whether or not the factory rushed, the leg panels are clearly a design flaw. The hinged one is fine, but the one that utilizes the swing arm is just badly designed. No way around it.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8806
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Jazz-1982 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 am

I see. That sounds quite probable to me. It's a shame after they've obviously worked so hard to give Rodimus an Masterpiece that is every bit as great as Grimlock and Optimus Prime but the poor quality has ruined it.

Could it be Hasbro to the rescue?

I hope we won't have to wait too long.....
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 565
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 am

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
God, I just watched the Optibotimus video after having transformed Rodimus for myself.

He manhandles that toy. There's a reason he has two broken parts. Sheesh.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15238
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Video Reviews of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Prime

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Jazz-1982 wrote:I see. That sounds quite probable to me. It's a shame after they've obviously worked so hard to give Rodimus an Masterpiece that is every bit as great as Grimlock and Optimus Prime but the poor quality has ruined it.

Could it be Hasbro to the rescue?

I hope we won't have to wait too long.....


I am betting that the Hasbro version will have the same problems as Takara since they use the same mold.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3467
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews