This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Animated Discussion Thread!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Animated Discussion Thread!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:02 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Saber Prime wrote:How many characters have there been who change genders when they go over seas?

I belive Strika was allso male in Japan and that one I can see working because the body type never looked female to begine with and really the only thing female about Strika in the U.S. was her voice. There was mention about her and Obsidian haveing a relationship but that was never shown, they were both verry into their jobs more than eachother.

Override I can allmost see working. She didn't have any overly female role in the show. The body type does look female though if you ignore the lack of a breast plate which Airazor didn't even really have either. (except in the Non-show TM form.)

Airrazor as a male, yeah the only way that could work is if you cut out every episode that features her. The toy doesn't really look anything like her obviously female animation model.

Anyone else?

Strika was still female in Beast Wars Returns, where she was known as "Stryka". In fact, they even redecoed her toy pink to make it more feminine.

Also, that orange Mini-Con from Armada that turned into a motor scooter that always hung out with Alexis was female in Micron Legend. It's name was "Arcee" there. It's English name is either Sureshock (like the toy) or Grindor (like the show). The Armada cartoon was always switching Sureshock and Grindor's names around. The scooter was called "Grindor" more often than "Sureshock", and the skateboard was called "Sureshock" more often than "Grindor", when their toys call the scooter "Sureshock" and the skateboard "Grindor". Anyway, the scooter Mini-Con was female in the Japanese version. Armada may have changed it to male, but I don't think it's gender was mentioned much.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus2006 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Look like i said this is all cool info corcerning the past of the Transformers Mythology.

Look I am just excited that there is a upcoming season 3 of Transformers Animated.

Which is not just rumors and speculations or just educated guesses bye fans off of unofficial tf web pages.

It still sucks we have to wait almost another half-a-year away.

Like I said they are going to show Animated about the same time as ROTF comes out in June.

Thus make a killing of of Transformers

TF-Animated S3

TF-ROTF

TF-ROTF The Videogame mulitplatform

Maybe new upcoming DVD box sets of past TF cartoons such as RiD

TF-ROTF The Soundtrack

TF-ROTF The Ofiicial Score of the Movie

Also the Toylines of TF-ROTF The movie such as Deluxe and Voyager class types.

Also Comic Book and novels about the movie such as Starscream and the other one that is out bye the IDW Comics.

Look I knew that the upcoming movie would not be about the Fallen character from the IDW comics but about revenge of a fallen character from part 1.

Thus the returning Megatron. But what I am most curious about is who brings Megatron back to life, or is he already alive or maybe he consumed the All-Spark into himelf and it regenerated him over a bit of time.

From what I have been reading of the previous scripts from the movie is that they use the Spark of Scorpinok to revive Megatron and that Soundwave plays another huge part of reviving Megatron also.

Also I guess that means that Megatron will not be seen in the movie until the end of the movie again.

Thus Starscream will be in command and possible feuding against Soundwave cause he is loyal lieutenant of Megatron.

If the Fallen Character from the IDW comics is indeed in the movie like most people are claiming. He could have been already on Earth but is currently in hibernation or in stasis somewhere hidden on Earth.

Maybe the Egyptian Temples hold a secret or maybe the hold the Fallen himself is in prisoned in one of the temples.

Or maybe they need to use the Temples in order to revive Megatron.

Also it was stated somewhere that the Egyptian Temples have the same Cybertronian Language as seen on Megatron and Optimus Heads.

I guess no one will no the truth until the movie is out or some new trailers are shown.

Look here is my theory on when a trailer will be 1st seen.

The Teaser Trailer will be shown at the Academy Awards This is in Jan or Feb or 09 and could be similar to how they done the Mars Beagle Rover thing but not necessarily the same thing but somewhat similar.

The Main Trailer will be shown with Star Trek in April.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Saber Prime wrote:The Headmasters = What is a verry different version of what the Rebirth started before it was canceled in the U.S.

Japans Headmasters has no connection to the U.S.'s Rebirth.

Takara did not like Hasbro's concept for the Headmasters toyline so they created their own serries that takes place after "the Return of Optimus Prime".

The Japanese Headmasters was created,produced and aired months before "the Rebirth".

So Japan's Headmasters came first.

Saber Prime wrote:How many characters have there been who change genders when they go over seas?

Good question

Saber Prime wrote:I belive Strika was allso male in Japan and that one I can see working because the body type never looked female to begine with and really the only thing female about Strika in the U.S. was her voice. There was mention about her and Obsidian haveing a relationship but that was never shown, they were both verry into their jobs more than eachother.

Override I can allmost see working. She didn't have any overly female role in the show. The body type does look female though if you ignore the lack of a breast plate which Airazor didn't even really have either. (except in the Non-show TM form.)

Airrazor as a male, yeah the only way that could work is if you cut out every episode that features her. The toy doesn't really look anything like her obviously female animation model.

Anyone else?

The only one I can remember right now is G1 Starscream in France.He was voiced as a female in france and if I'm right was referred to as "SHE" and "HER" in stories.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Saber Prime » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:It's English name is either Sureshock (like the toy) or Grindor (like the show). The Armada cartoon was always switching Sureshock and Grindor's names around. The scooter was called "Grindor" more often than "Sureshock", and the skateboard was called "Sureshock" more often than "Grindor", when their toys call the scooter "Sureshock" and the skateboard "Grindor".

That character was only missnamed in one episode. The toy name as you called it was actully it's show name for most of the series. There was only 1 error where she was called Grindor and the skate board was never called Sureshock.

There were ALOT of errors where Optimus Prime kept calling his Mini-con Leader-1. There was only ONE time when Sparkplug was actully called by his correct name. I think Optimus even called other Mini-cons Sparkplug just never the one who the name actully belong to.

Alexis was the one who called Sparkplug by the correct name and she was allso the one who called Sureshock Grindor that one time.

Anyway, the scooter Mini-Con was female in the Japanese version. Armada may have changed it to male, but I don't think it's gender was mentioned much.

I don't think Mini-con genders were EVER mentioned. I allways assume Suresure was female just because they paired her with Alexis and the American shows seem to turn characters like that female whenever they're paired with female humans.

One of the original Digimon trainers who's name I can't remember for the life of me right now, her Digimon partner had a female voice actress and was offten refered to as being female despite the fact her final form was obviously male. I don't think the US saw this form till after they made the character female and I'm actully surprised the show kept going after that.

I happen to catch a few episodes of a newer Digimon series with the same Digimon only they changed it's evolution so now it doesn't have the male looking evolution and they made it male this time around.

Either way it's wrong because the Rookie form is pink and looks like a girl then it changes into a character with a topless human male torso.

Here's some pictures for you.

Yes thoughs are the same character. Apperently Digimon can change gender when they digivolve. I think in another series they desided to exsplain in the US that Digimon have no gender just to cover this up.

BTW everything I just said, I realize I stated it as fact but it's actully my own speculation. I really don't know if they were trying to cover anything up I'm just assumeing that's what happen because I can't imagine parrents would be too happy about seeing a sex change in a kids cartoon on screen.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:23 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Lol Digimon have no Gender?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:40 am

Saber Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's English name is either Sureshock (like the toy) or Grindor (like the show). The Armada cartoon was always switching Sureshock and Grindor's names around. The scooter was called "Grindor" more often than "Sureshock", and the skateboard was called "Sureshock" more often than "Grindor", when their toys call the scooter "Sureshock" and the skateboard "Grindor".

That character was only missnamed in one episode. The toy name as you called it was actully it's show name for most of the series. There was only 1 error where she was called Grindor and the skate board was never called Sureshock.

There were ALOT of errors where Optimus Prime kept calling his Mini-con Leader-1. There was only ONE time when Sparkplug was actully called by his correct name. I think Optimus even called other Mini-cons Sparkplug just never the one who the name actully belong to.

Alexis was the one who called Sparkplug by the correct name and she was allso the one who called Sureshock Grindor that one time.

Anyway, the scooter Mini-Con was female in the Japanese version. Armada may have changed it to male, but I don't think it's gender was mentioned much.

I don't think Mini-con genders were EVER mentioned. I allways assume Suresure was female just because they paired her with Alexis and the American shows seem to turn characters like that female whenever they're paired with female humans.

I remember MANY times when Rad Carlos and Alexis yelled out these words:

Rad: "High Wire!" (refering to the bike)
Carlos: "Sureshock!" (refering to the skateboard)
Alexis: "Grindor!" (refering to the scooter)

I own all of Armada on DVD and watched it all a little while back. They yelled out those names just like that at least five times throughout the series.

Saber Prime wrote:One of the original Digimon trainers who's name I can't remember for the life of me right now, her Digimon partner had a female voice actress and was offten refered to as being female despite the fact her final form was obviously male. I don't think the US saw this form till after they made the character female and I'm actully surprised the show kept going after that.

I happen to catch a few episodes of a newer Digimon series with the same Digimon only they changed it's evolution so now it doesn't have the male looking evolution and they made it male this time around.

Either way it's wrong because the Rookie form is pink and looks like a girl then it changes into a character with a topless human male torso.

Here's some pictures for you.

Yes thoughs are the same character. Apperently Digimon can change gender when they digivolve. I think in another series they desided to exsplain in the US that Digimon have no gender just to cover this up.

BTW everything I just said, I realize I stated it as fact but it's actully my own speculation. I really don't know if they were trying to cover anything up I'm just assumeing that's what happen because I can't imagine parrents would be too happy about seeing a sex change in a kids cartoon on screen.

I you can get you're facts about Dighimon straight then don't bother bringing them up.

The DigiDestined you're thinking of is Sora. Her digimon is Biyomon. Her "final form", as you call it, is Garudamon. Garudamon was definately female in season 1. It is impossible for a digimon to change its gender, PERIOD.

It the latest series, Data Squad, there is another Biyomon who is male this time and its difference from the first one besides its gender and voice is that its Champion was changed from a Birdramon to an Aquilamon.

Dead Metal wrote:Lol Digimon have no Gender?

Don't believe that one line from Renamon. It's blalantly obvious that digimon can be classified into genders. Just look at Angewomon, LadyDevimon, Lillymon, Sakuyamon, this other Sakuyamon, Rosemon, Lilthmon, Lotusmon, Kazemon, and many others. These are all obviously female digimon.

If you consider all those to be "its", then you really must be blind or something.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:I remember MANY times when Rad Carlos and Alexis yelled out these words:

Rad: "High Wire!" (refering to the bike)
Carlos: "Sureshock!" (refering to the skateboard)
Alexis: "Grindor!" (refering to the scooter)

I own all of Armada on DVD and watched it all a little while back. They yelled out those names just like that at least five times throughout the series.

Belive me, I hated Armada, I know how offten they screwed up names and the children didn't screw up that offten. In fact the majoirty of the time they were the only ones who got the Mini-cons names right throughout the series. As I pointed out earlier Alexis was the only character to call Prime's Mini-con by his correct name, Sparkplug.

Sureshock has been missnamed at least twice, once as Grindor and another time as Sparkplug. Optimus has only said the name Sparkplug once that I can remember and he was talking to Sureshock when he said it. His own mini-con was constantly refered to as Leader-1.

Just to add to the Mini-con confusion, Jetstorm and Runway were switching names in the show and on toy packaging.

Maybe I missed some episodes of Armada that I couldn't find on YouTube where the names were revered more by the kids but I'm allmost sertain the kids had the largest track record for getting names right.

I you can get you're facts about Dighimon straight then don't bother bringing them up.

As I said, speculation, never claimed they were facts. Go back, read it again, and check out the last paragraph.

Saber Prime wrote:BTW everything I just said, I realize I stated it as fact but it's actully my own speculation. I really don't know if they were trying to cover anything up I'm just assumeing that's what happen because I can't imagine parrents would be too happy about seeing a sex change in a kids cartoon on screen.

The DigiDestined you're thinking of is Sora. Her digimon is Biyomon. Her "final form", as you call it, is Garudamon. Garudamon was definately female in season 1. It is impossible for a digimon to change its gender, PERIOD.

Biyomon was female. Garudamon was obviously male. They can't let a female go around topless like that in the states.

Dead Metal wrote:Lol Digimon have no Gender?

Don't believe that one line from Renamon. It's blalantly obvious that digimon can be classified into genders. Just look at Angewomon, LadyDevimon, Lillymon, Sakuyamon, this other Sakuyamon, Rosemon, Lilthmon, Lotusmon, Kazemon, and many others. These are all obviously female digimon.

If you consider all those to be "its", then you really must be blind or something.

Now who doesn't have their "facts" straight. You're just going to blantantly ignore cannon and say Digimon do have genders when according to the cartoon they don't.

Not really a matter of what they look like it's more a matter of what's cannon and according to the cannon at least for the US Digimon are genderless.

Now I'd agree with your opinion that all thoughs are obviously female but then again Garudamon has an obviously male chest despite it's evolution from a small pink bird with a female voice. So as you said yourself, if you can classify Garudamon as being female, you must be blind.

Either Digimon are genderless or they can change genders as they digivolve. One of the two. How else can you exsplain the female Biyomon to the Male Garudamon?

BTW Kazemon is not even a Digimon. She is a human girl named Zoe in Digimon form. The Digidestin of that series didn't have Digimon partners. Insted they became Digimon themselfs.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
they had genders in the cartoon they addressed each other as he and she. Well at least in the German dub.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Oh for crying out loud. Garudamon is a Beast digimon, not a Human digimon. It doesn't have to look female to be a female. Why there's even a male Sakuyamon in Digimon World Data Squad and it looks the same as the female one.

And what makes Kazemon not a real digimon? It doesn't matter if she was made by the merge of Zoe and the Human Spirit of Wind. Look at the four evil hybrids aside from Duskmon. They were formed by the merge of ther spirits and some random Digi-Eggs. The same could be done to make Kazemon. Merging the spirit with a digi-egg, I mean.

And it's well known that the show has made several errors in each series. They've always referred to digimon he/his/him and she/hers/her.

Let's look at it this way:

The Digipedia's Digimon FAQ wrote:In episode 3.49, "D-Reaper's Feast," Renamon notes that "Digimon aren't divided into genders" - the line in the original version directly translates as: "By nature, distinctions of gender do not exist among digimon." Also, in describing Renamon, Tamers writer Chiaki Konaka states that "officially, Digimon do not have gender." But he himself notes that "If anything, gender seems fairly easy to identify in digimon," and says that Sakuyamon was clearly feminine.

To clarify some word misuse - Digimon ARE classified into gender, because gender is a cultural classification, where one is considered "he" or "she." Digimon quite blatantly and undeniably have that. It is being professed here that Digimon do not have SEXES, the physical classification of being male and female - which holds true for MOST Digimon, but characters such as Angewomon, LadyDevimon, Lillymon and, as Konaka notes, Sakuyamon, are quite blatantly female. So, the fact of the matter is that even the officials do not adhere to the official statement on the matter.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:And what makes Kazemon not a real digimon? It doesn't matter if she was made by the merge of Zoe and the Human Spirit of Wind.

No you got that a little wrong.

The same could be done to make Kazemon. Merging the spirit with a digi-egg, I mean.

You're right the same COULD be done but that is what does not matter.

The Spirit of Wind can be merged with anything to create Kazemon thearetically so it could be said that the Spirit itself IS Kazemon. The spirit of Wind however is no more a Digimon than a Digivice is. It's just a tool used to digivolve. It doesn't have a life of it's own.

The evil Digimon Hybrids were actully formed from spirits and Digimon. It's that Digimon part of them that makes them Digimon not the spirit. If that makes any sence.

With the Digidestin they are humans who can use Spirits to take on Digimon form but does that really make them Digimon? Are they any different as Digimon then they are as humans? Do the spirit digimon have seperite minds of their own or are they entirely just there in form but with human mind? That's why Kazemon is not a real Digimon, the digimon form of Kazemon has no independant mind, it's just Zoe in Digimon form.

Now if you look at say Gallentmon who is a bio eveolution of both human and digimon that's a different story. Gallentmon actully has two individual personalitys one human and the other Digimon.

So it doesn't matter that Kazemon could be formed by a merge with a Digimon. What does matter is that Kazemon ISN'T formed by a Digimon of any kind. She's a human in Digimon form.

Basically a simple way of putting it is that Kazemon is a Digimon in body but not in mind.

Gallentmon is a digimon in body and in mind but is only human in mind.

Gallentmon has two minds, Kazemon only has one.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Saber Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And what makes Kazemon not a real digimon? It doesn't matter if she was made by the merge of Zoe and the Human Spirit of Wind.

The same could be done to make Kazemon. Merging the spirit with a digi-egg, I mean.

The Spirit of Wind can be merged with anything to create Kazemon thearetically so it could be said that the Spirit itself IS Kazemon. The spirit of Wind however is no more a Digimon than a Digivice is. It's just a tool used to digivolve. It doesn't have a life of it's own.

The evil Digimon Hybrids were actully formed from spirits and Digimon. It's that Digimon part of them that makes them Digimon not the spirit. If that makes any sence.

With the Digidestin they are humans who can use Spirits to take on Digimon form but does that really make them Digimon? Are they any different as Digimon then they are as humans? Do the spirit digimon have seperite minds of their own or are they entirely just there in form but with human mind? That's why Kazemon is not a real Digimon, the digimon form of Kazemon has no independant mind, it's just Zoe in Digimon form.

Now if you look at say Gallentmon who is a bio eveolution of both human and digimon that's a different story. Gallentmon actully has two individual personalitys one human and the other Digimon.

So it doesn't matter that Kazemon could be formed by a merge with a Digimon. What does matter is that Kazemon ISN'T formed by a Digimon of any kind. She's a human in Digimon form.

Basically a simple way of putting it is that Kazemon is a Digimon in body but not in mind.

If you have seen the finale to Frontier, then you may remeber that the spiirts came to life at the end of the series. Though they were transparent, they were still alive at that time.

Besides, Hybrid digimon have appeared in other media outside of Frontier as regular digimon that weren't made from a spirit. Look at Digimon World 3, for example. Agunimon and KendoGarurumon appear in that game as a result of a DNA Digivolution between two regular digimon.

Gallantmon has also appeared in Frontier, X-Evolution, and Savers/Data Squad as a natural Mega, show no signs of a Biomerge between a human and a digimon. (That brief scene in Frontier of him did use his Tamers "dual voice" in the dub, but that still doesn't mean he was biomerged digimon. Omnimon, for example, has a dual voice, yet he's not biomerged either).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:

If you have seen the finale to Frontier, then you may remeber that the spiirts came to life at the end of the series. Though they were transparent, they were still alive at that time.

Besides, Hybrid digimon have appeared in other media outside of Frontier as regular digimon that weren't made from a spirit. Look at Digimon World 3, for example. Agunimon and KendoGarurumon appear in that game as a result of a DNA Digivolution between two regular digimon.

Gallantmon has also appeared in Frontier, X-Evolution, and Savers/Data Squad as a natural Mega, show no signs of a Biomerge between a human and a digimon. (That brief scene in Frontier of him did use his Tamers "dual voice" in the dub, but that still doesn't mean he was biomerged digimon. Omnimon, for example, has a dual voice, yet he's not biomerged either).

Omnimon was a DNA of two Digimon not a Biomerge.

DNA Digivolve is two Digimon becoming one.

Biomerge is Digimon and human becomeing one digimon.

Spirit was just a human or a Digimon becoming a Digimon.

I actully haven't seen that much of Digimon passed the first two series. The others kind of create entirely different storys that go agenst how the original ended. I catch little segments here and there but I've never watched one all the way through.

The new one I noticed even broke the tridition of making the lead character wear goggles. They're reuseing old digimon with new evolutions. And this kid's even more of a hot head than any of the past digidestin combined. He ACTULLY thinks he can solve every single freaking problem with his fist. I can't belive how increadibly stupid that kid is. The others know to let the Digimon do the fighting. I've seen this kid run up and punch mega levels exspecting it to hurt them. I so want to see him get crushed.

It's like watching a human on Transformers run up and punch Megatron, it's just stupid.

Can we get the message to animators to stop makeing humans so incredibly stupid that they run twards giant creatures that could kill them just by blinking. You're supose to run AWAY from giant deadly monsters unless you have super powers or some kind of weapon, NOT YOUR FIST.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Saber Prime wrote:Omnimon was a DNA of two Digimon not a Biomerge.

I actully haven't seen that much of Digimon passed the first two series. The others kind of create entirely different storys that go agenst how the original ended. I catch little segments here and there but I've never watched one all the way through.

The new one I noticed even broke the tridition of making the lead character wear goggles. They're reuseing old digimon with new evolutions. And this kid's even more of a hot head than any of the past digidestin combined. He ACTULLY thinks he can solve every single freaking problem with his fist. I can't belive how increadibly stupid that kid is. The others know to let the Digimon do the fighting. I've seen this kid run up and punch mega levels exspecting it to hurt them. I so want to see him get crushed.

It's like watching a human on Transformers run up and punch Megatron, it's just stupid.

Can we get the message to animators to stop makeing humans so incredibly stupid that they run twards giant creatures that could kill them just by blinking. You're supose to run AWAY from giant deadly monsters unless you have super powers or some kind of weapon, NOT YOUR FIST.

Don't go bashing Marcus when you don't really know anything about him. He has to punch out the digimon he's fighting, otherwise Agumon couldn't digivolve.

Let me sum up all that I want to say by this: don't something judge if you don't know anything about it. Watch it before you criticize it. It just so happens the final episode of its dub just aired a little while back, so every episode is available to watch online.

Also, earlier I was going to say that we should take this discussion to the Digimon thread here, but it seems to has been lost in the flood. :sad: Perhaps one of us should make a new one so we continue this. Cuz I for one am enjoying this "intelligent debate", as I call it.

I'll probably make it tonight and let you know, so keep an eye out on this thread.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

Don't go bashing Marcus when you don't really know anything about him. He has to punch out the digimon he's fighting, otherwise Agumon couldn't digivolve.

Let me sum up all that I want to say by this: don't something judge if you don't know anything about it. Watch it before you criticize it. It just so happens the final episode of its dub just aired a little while back, so every episode is available to watch online.

Also, earlier I was going to say that we should take this discussion to the Digimon thread here, but it seems to has been lost in the flood. :sad: Perhaps one of us should make a new one so we continue this. Cuz I for one am enjoying this "intelligent debate", as I call it.

I'll probably make it tonight and let you know, so keep an eye out on this thread.

According to the dialog on the show Digimon's divolution is controlled by EMOTION not his fist. Several characters on the show have been trying to teach him NOT to use his fist but he doesn't listen. So no he does NOT need to punch digimon to get Augumon to Digivolve, Augumon's digivolve is triggered by Marcus' emotions not his punching other digimon like a freaking idiot.

It's verry clear Marcus doesn't punch Digimon to trigger the Evolution for Augumon, he actully thinks he can hurt them by punching them. He allways acts really surprised when his punch has absolutly no effect on them and as far as he knows getting Augumon to Digivolve is just some weird side effect. He doesn't know how it's really triggered even though everyone does and has told him several times how it works.

I've seen like 3 episodes of Digimon Data Squad and from the 3 episodes, Poncholeomon who is apperently Marcus' father has told him that emotion triggers the Digimon's evolution. The guy who runs DATS told him about the emotion thing. Hell even some random old man who doesn't even have a digimon knows how it works. Marcus seems to be the only character on the show who has no idea how to controll his digimon's evolution and he's definatly the only character who trys to fight digimon himself. He's the only character EVER who trys to fight digimon by himself.

He actully thinks he doesn't need Augumon, he can just fight on his own.

You seem to like to ignore alot of dialog don't you? I know more about Marcus after just 3 episodes than you seem to. He is just a hot headed idiot who doesn't listen and everyone else on the show know how to control Digimon evolution, for Marcus, he can't control it because he can't control his emotions and thinks every problem is solved by his fist.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Saber Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

According to the dialog on the show Digimon's divolution is controlled by EMOTION not his fist. Several characters on the show have been trying to teach him NOT to use his fist but he doesn't listen. So no he does NOT need to punch digimon to get Augumon to Digivolve, Augumon's digivolve is triggered by Marcus' emotions not his punching other digimon like a freaking idiot.

It's verry clear Marcus doesn't punch Digimon to trigger the Evolution for Augumon, he actully thinks he can hurt them by punching them. He allways acts really surprised when his punch has absolutly no effect on them and as far as he knows getting Augumon to Digivolve is just some weird side effect. He doesn't know how it's really triggered even though everyone does and has told him several times how it works.

I've seen like 3 episodes of Digimon Data Squad and from the 3 episodes, Poncholeomon who is apperently Marcus' father has told him that emotion triggers the Digimon's evolution. The guy who runs DATS told him about the emotion thing. Hell even some random old man who doesn't even have a digimon knows how it works. Marcus seems to be the only character on the show who has no idea how to controll his digimon's evolution and he's definatly the only character who trys to fight digimon himself. He's the only character EVER who trys to fight digimon by himself.

He actully thinks he doesn't need Augumon, he can just fight on his own.

You seem to like to ignore alot of dialog don't you? I know more about Marcus after just 3 episodes than you seem to. He is just a hot headed idiot who doesn't listen and everyone else on the show know how to control Digimon evolution, for Marcus, he can't control it because he can't control his emotions and thinks every problem is solved by his fist.

I made the thread. Let's take this discussion there.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Does anyone else think that with the returning voice actor from past series and the many guest appearances in Animated that they should give guest roles to the past Optimus Primes and Megatrons?

Obviously not AS Optimus and Megatron, but maybe in other roles that are related to the current characters. I was even thinking of Frank Welker appearing as Megatron's father.

David Kaye would be left out of the line up as he's in every episode anyway as Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Lugnut.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Saber Prime wrote:Does anyone else think that with the returning voice actor from past series and the many guest appearances in Animated that they should give guest roles to the past Optimus Primes and Megatrons?

Obviously not AS Optimus and Megatron, but maybe in other roles that are related to the current characters. I was even thinking of Frank Welker appearing as Megatron's father.

David Kaye would be left out of the line up as he's in every episode anyway as Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Lugnut.

I could see Gary Chalk voicing Rodimus Prime.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ebilly99 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

SPOILER SARI SUMDAC
After racking my brian I fugiered out part of the what is sari question, Remeber the first eppisode that while Dr sumdac is giving a tour he mentions the microbots, it seems like a mighty coincedence that the first scene featuring sari also explains the microbots. Also the microbots have already played a bit role (Giant Roaches, and the trash devoures from garbage in garbage out)
ebilly99
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:07 am

ebilly99 wrote:SPOILER SARI SUMDAC
After racking my brian I fugiered out part of the what is sari question, Remeber the first eppisode that while Dr sumdac is giving a tour he mentions the microbots, it seems like a mighty coincedence that the first scene featuring sari also explains the microbots. Also the microbots have already played a bit role (Giant Roaches, and the trash devoures from garbage in garbage out)

Um, I'm sorry, but what?

What evidence is there that she's a nanobot?

It would seem obvious that she like some kind of android, given the evidence that she deteriorates by anti-organic radiation in "Along Came a Spider", catches a cold in "Nature Calls", sets off the Elite Guard ship's organic contamination alert in "The Elite Guard", and is unaffected by the electronic shutdown weapon in "SUV". Yet she has some robotic circuitry exposed in her arm in "A Bridge too Close, Part II".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ebilly99 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:10 am

Becuse of what Isac Sumdac himself said about the microbots. They are the first step of fussing the robotic and the organic. Therfore the best of both worlds. The question still in the air is, is she a human with microbots, or a robot with mmicrobots?
ebilly99
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:19 am

ebilly99 wrote:Becuse of what Isac Sumdac himself said about the microbots. They are the first step of fussing the robotic and the organic. Therfore the best of both worlds. The question still in the air is, is she a human with microbots, or a robot with mmicrobots?

Yeah, but he just made them. They were still being in the testing stage. Sari's been around longer.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ebilly99 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:35 am

But we have no idea how old she really is do we? we can only prove she is at least one year old becuse of her dog, but I am really starting to think that. I also remeber tara(The voice of Sari) say that the secret behind sari is going to be on of those oh yeah moments.
ebilly99
Minibot

Postby Saber Prime » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:02 am

ebilly99 wrote:we can only prove she is at least one year old becuse of her dog.

What does her dog have anything to do with proveing how old she is?

If you're refering to the Birthday episode she had the dog long before that. She was seen chaseing it in the verry first scene she appeared.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:05 am

Saber Prime wrote:
ebilly99 wrote:we can only prove she is at least one year old becuse of her dog.

If you're refering to the Birthday episode she had the dog long before that. She was seen chaseing it in the verry first scene she appeared.

She got her dog on her previous birthday. The one from the year before the year she got Soundwave.

And where've you been Saber Prime? I've waiting for your response on the other thread.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Saber Prime » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:

She got her dog on her previous birthday. The one from the year before the year she got Soundwave.

And where've you been Saber Prime? I've waiting for your response on the other thread.

That would make her at least 2 years old, the other guy said one year which would mean she got Soudwave and Sparkplug at the same time.

Besides it still doesn't have anything to do with proving how old she is. There's no way of telling how many birthdays she's had that weren't mentioned and you'd think she'd realize something wasn't right when she had no memories from previous years as she looks to be around 8 - 12.

Allso there's still no evidence to suport that she's even a robot. There is evidence showing she has at least one mechanical arm and evidence to suport she's partly organic. So no she is not a robot, she is either a cyborg or a technorganic and she is much older than two.

oh and to answer the other question, I've been buisy with other things.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
NEW!
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON