Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby d_sel1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Which system impressed you more at E3?
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
You're opening Pandora's Box here. Tread lightly.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1132
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby d_sel1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Twitchythe3rd wrote:You're opening Pandora's Box here. Tread lightly.


Please keep fanboyism to acceptable level. This is seibertron.com, not the YouTube comments or a political website. This is a classy site. :D
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 pm

I like my Wii u already it's a fun continuation of that line, so I'm just going to leave that one out. Now I have to say hands down that playstation was the winner at e3, just from a consumer relations standpoint alone. I like that they aren't making the system internet dependant., I like the system stats, and I like the system exclusive titles they showed.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby The Happy Locust » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
I already have a Wii U so I guess my choice is made. I've made my choice and now I need to rationalize it. :mrgreen:

I will say I'm not liking the aesthetic choices on the xbox and ps4 designs. Gee, which Boring black box with a camera pheripheral should get my money?

And before you say it, my Wii U is a boring WHITE box and the camera is not a separate pheripheral. 8)
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
njb902 wrote:Now I have to say hands down that playstation was the winner at e3, just from a consumer relations standpoint alone. I like that they aren't making the system internet dependant., I like the system stats, and I like the system exclusive titles they showed.


Pretty much.

Sony has my support. The console is a full $100 less than the Xbox One. It doesn't require an internet connection to play single player. Still supports used and borrowed games (as in, a physical copy you borrowed from a friend). Has better support for indie developers.

Basically, they obliterated Microsoft in damn near every way. Yes there are a couple issues, but they're nowhere near as restricting and anti-consumer as the Xbox One.

Still, this is but the first salvo in a new console war.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1132
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby FortMacs » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Weapon: Gatling Cannon
As of right now im leaning more towards ps4. I will probably get an xbox one when the price drops later.
Image
User avatar
FortMacs
City Commander
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:17 am
Location: charlotte, nc
Buy from FortMacs on eBay

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:40 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I've been a PS fan since the first console, so the PS4 is my natural choice.

Nothing against the XBox, but Halo and Gears of War just don't appeal to me all that much. Plus, I'm pretty much an offline gamer, and the whole "check in every 24 hours" thing is sure to annoy me if I bought an XBox One. Since I don't play online multiplayer modes, having to connect to the internet every single day just to keep my console from locking down becomes a chore.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby Shadowman » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I've never had a specific preference, in fact I have a tendency overlook some issues and focus on the positives regarding them.

That said, the Xbox One is a mess of a system and is going to be obliterated by Sony. There are even some people who think that the Xbox One is just a big sales pitch for the PS4, that's the only logical explanation for a company sabotaging themselves so thoroughly.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:57 am

Shadowman wrote:I've never had a specific preference, in fact I have a tendency overlook some issues and focus on the positives regarding them.

That said, the Xbox One is a mess of a system and is going to be obliterated by Sony. There are even some people who think that the Xbox One is just a big sales pitch for the PS4, that's the only logical explanation for a company sabotaging themselves so thoroughly.


Maybe Bill Gates owns a share of Sony stock :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby VirusCarnage » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I'm going to get all of them, I have PS3, Xbox, Wii, and PC for this current generation, so I will likely get the PS4 first, then X1, then maybe a Wii U if I have some extra money.
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:10 am

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
They all seem to be on a sort of even playing field now. The Wii U is probably going to fail and be forgotten about just like the Wii did, so I'm not going to bother covering that.

Playstation now needs to pay for PSN so they can't use that as an argument for why PS4 is 'better' than Xbox. Xbox still gets all DLCs for CoD and now Battlefield before PS and Xbox has Halo as an exclusive. PS4 really doesn't have many big-name exclusives like Xbox does which gives Xbox the advantage. PS counters that by being reverse compatible, unlike the Xbox.

They're pretty even is specs. People complain about the authorization checks and the Kinect having to be connected with the Xbox but I see no problem with that, it's not a major hinderance of the system. The biggest downfall of the Xbox (the only spot where PS4 really shines over it) is the whole used games thing. That was a very bad choice by Microsoft.

Appearance wise, they both look very good. People complain that the Xbox looks like an old vcr but I really dig the look. it's really old school and since Microsoft was trying to make an all-in-one device, making look like a dvd player/vcr makes it fit that description a lot better. The PS4 looks more futuristic since its goal was to be nothing more than a game console.

The Xbox is horribly overpriced, i'll give that one to PS4.

Total points~
Xbox- 3 (Halo, DLCs, All-in One)
PS4- 4 (lower price, cheaper live, better look, used games)

The PS4 won that tally but not by much, both appear to be viable options. Either way, I'm switching to PC.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:53 am

prowl123 wrote:They all seem to be on a sort of even playing field now. The Wii U is probably going to fail and be forgotten about just like the Wii did, so I'm not going to bother covering that.

Playstation now needs to pay for PSN so they can't use that as an argument for why PS4 is 'better' than Xbox. Xbox still gets all DLCs for CoD and now Battlefield before PS and Xbox has Halo as an exclusive. PS4 really doesn't have many big-name exclusives like Xbox does which gives Xbox the advantage. PS counters that by being reverse compatible, unlike the Xbox.

They're pretty even is specs. People complain about the authorization checks and the Kinect having to be connected with the Xbox but I see no problem with that, it's not a major hinderance of the system. The biggest downfall of the Xbox (the only spot where PS4 really shines over it) is the whole used games thing. That was a very bad choice by Microsoft.

Appearance wise, they both look very good. People complain that the Xbox looks like an old vcr but I really dig the look. it's really old school and since Microsoft was trying to make an all-in-one device, making look like a dvd player/vcr makes it fit that description a lot better. The PS4 looks more futuristic since its goal was to be nothing more than a game console.

The Xbox is horribly overpriced, i'll give that one to PS4.

Total points~
Xbox- 3 (Halo, DLCs, All-in One)
PS4- 4 (lower price, cheaper live, better look, used games)

The PS4 won that tally but not by much, both appear to be viable options. Either way, I'm switching to PC.


The original Wii didn't fail. Not only was it a hot seller it very well may have saved Nintendo.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
prowl123 wrote:People complain about the authorization checks and the Kinect having to be connected with the Xbox but I see no problem with that, it's not a major hinderance of the system.


The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.

Xbox One isn't on an even playing field as the PS4. Hell, it's not on an even playing field with PS1.

njb902 wrote:The original Wii didn't fail. Not only was it a hot seller it very well may have saved Nintendo.


The Wii outsold both the PS3 and 360 by about 20 million units, with nearly 100 million units sold worldwide all-told, as of March 2013. If that's a failure, I can only wonder how many units would have to be sold for a success.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby VirusCarnage » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 am

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:
prowl123 wrote:People complain about the authorization checks and the Kinect having to be connected with the Xbox but I see no problem with that, it's not a major hinderance of the system.


The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player.

You can still play DVDs and Blu Rays on it if you do not check in but that's about all you can do.


The Wii did very good sales wise but not a very good replay value as compared to PS3 or Xbox, I'm going to assume that the Wii U will not have good sales at all since it's getting out shined by Xbox One, and PS4, and the console is gonna slightly better then the current gen consoles despite being Nintendo's "Next Gen" console
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Nintendo is on a whole different plane than Microsoft and Sony, that's a given. Of course the Wii is overlooked, it doesn't have the "cool" games XboX and Playstation have. But I digress in fangirl-ism...

I've got time to wait everything out between the PS4 and XboX One, but there's one point between the three systems that'll settle the score: playing USED Games.

Part of my Game Boy, GBA, GameCube and Wii library consists of used games. And I'm happy there are stores out there who carry them, from the latest Wii U to the ancient Atari 2600, which allows me to enrich my collection of older discontinued games. I'm not a fan of emulation or the Virtual Console, I much prefer playing from the original medium.

I've heard some pretty bad things about the XboX One, to the point I'm getting a Big Brother vibe from that thing, and I hate that. I'm already not a fan of going online with my consoles, but having it constantly looking over my shoulder so to speak gives me unpleasant feelings. Putting restrictions on playing used games is kind of petty, I mean you already have your money! So count me out on that.
I'll await judgement on the PS4, maybe my wife will bite the bullet on that. Until then, the Wii U will have a reserved spot in my home whenever I decide to get it. It being able to play regular Wii games helps a lot ;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14579
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:36 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Nintendo is on a whole different plane than Microsoft and Sony, that's a given. Of course the Wii is overlooked, it doesn't have the "cool" games XboX and Playstation have. But I digress in fangirl-ism...

I've got time to wait everything out between the PS4 and XboX One, but there's one point between the three systems that'll settle the score: playing USED Games.

Part of my Game Boy, GBA, GameCube and Wii library consists of used games. And I'm happy there are stores out there who carry them, from the latest Wii U to the ancient Atari 2600, which allows me to enrich my collection of older discontinued games. I'm not a fan of emulation or the Virtual Console, I much prefer playing from the original medium.

I've heard some pretty bad things about the XboX One, to the point I'm getting a Big Brother vibe from that thing, and I hate that. I'm already not a fan of going online with my consoles, but having it constantly looking over my shoulder so to speak gives me unpleasant feelings. Putting restrictions on playing used games is kind of petty, I mean you already have your money! So count me out on that.
I'll await judgement on the PS4, maybe my wife will bite the bullet on that. Until then, the Wii U will have a reserved spot in my home whenever I decide to get it. It being able to play regular Wii games helps a lot ;)


The controller takes some getting used to, but I do like the system. It just needs better/more games.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
prowl123 wrote:They all seem to be on a sort of even playing field now. The Wii U is probably going to fail and be forgotten about just like the Wii did, so I'm not going to bother covering that.

Others have covered this, so I have nothing to add.
Playstation now needs to pay for PSN so they can't use that as an argument for why PS4 is 'better' than Xbox. Xbox still gets all DLCs for CoD and now Battlefield before PS and Xbox has Halo as an exclusive. PS4 really doesn't have many big-name exclusives like Xbox does which gives Xbox the advantage. PS counters that by being reverse compatible, unlike the Xbox.

No, PSN is still free, however you will have to subscribe to PSN+ to make use of online multiplayer for payed games, not free-to-play games though.

PSN+ costs 50 dollars a year, gives you free downloadable sh*t, free games (even big title games), huge price reductions on game sales, etc, while Microsoft charges you 50 dollars a month to even have access to the online content.

PS has God of War as an exclusive, and we all know that will come sooner rather than later. God of War > Halo, Gears of War

They're pretty even is specs. People complain about the authorization checks and the Kinect having to be connected with the Xbox but I see no problem with that, it's not a major hinderance of the system. The biggest downfall of the Xbox (the only spot where PS4 really shines over it) is the whole used games thing. That was a very bad choice by Microsoft.

Specks wize they're almost the same, save for the PS4 having the more powerful memory.The online checks are utterly ******, no internet? No nothing. It listens in on you and watches you, even if you turn off the system. Want to get together with your friends and watch a movie together? XBone will say F U if there are "too many" people in the room.
Appearance wise, they both look very good. People complain that the Xbox looks like an old vcr but I really dig the look. it's really old school and since Microsoft was trying to make an all-in-one device, making look like a dvd player/vcr makes it fit that description a lot better. The PS4 looks more futuristic since its goal was to be nothing more than a game console.

I don't see how the design of the box is that important, and this isn't just you I mean there was this whole outcry about not showing the console's design at the PS reveal show. When I play games, I look at the screen and not the box, so I don't care what it looks like.
The Xbox is horribly overpriced, i'll give that one to PS4.

Total points~
Xbox- 3 (Halo, DLCs, All-in One)
PS4- 4 (lower price, cheaper live, better look, used games)

The PS4 won that tally but not by much, both appear to be viable options. Either way, I'm switching to PC.

Fair enough.

Personally I'm too pissed off at games to really get too passionate or exited by the PlayStation 4, I mean, sure I'll get it once the next God of War gets announced, but only if that is single player only and drops multiplayer, since that was the biggest downfall of Ascension, stupid multiplayer cut the actual game short.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13814
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Shadowman wrote:The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.


I don't know about you but I don't carry my console around with me. I leave it on the floor at home. Honestly, if you're going to buy a friggin Xbox to play offline you're just straight-up stupid. It was designed for multiplayer and interaction between people over the internet. It kind of needs an internet connection.

No it does not transmit what you do the government. How is it an invasion of privacy? Turn it to look at the wall when you're done playing, problem solved.

The Wii failed for my generation since nobody my age (15) gives a **** about Nintendo. Maybe you older people do since you most likely grew up with Nintendo, but I can't stand the Wii and in my eyes, if failed.
Last edited by prowl123 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Dead Metal wrote:Microsoft charges you 50 dollars a month to even have access to the online content.


Unless they've changed it, they charge $10 a month and you get full access to Live.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:47 pm

prowl123 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.


I don't know about you but I don't carry my console around with me. I leave it on the floor at home. Honestly, if you're going to buy a friggin Xbox to play offline you're just straight-up stupid. It was designed for multiplayer and interaction between people over the internet. It kind of needs an internet connection.

No it does not transmit what you do the government. How is it an invasion of privacy? Turn it to look at the wall when you're done playing, problem solved.

The Wii failed for my generation since nobody my age (15) gives a **** about Nintendo. Maybe you older people do since you most likely grew up with Nintendo, but I can't stand the Wii and in my eyes, if failed.


Wow...... well with facts like that who can argue :HEADHURTS:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
njb902 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.


I don't know about you but I don't carry my console around with me. I leave it on the floor at home. Honestly, if you're going to buy a friggin Xbox to play offline you're just straight-up stupid. It was designed for multiplayer and interaction between people over the internet. It kind of needs an internet connection.

No it does not transmit what you do the government. How is it an invasion of privacy? Turn it to look at the wall when you're done playing, problem solved.

The Wii failed for my generation since nobody my age (15) gives a **** about Nintendo. Maybe you older people do since you most likely grew up with Nintendo, but I can't stand the Wii and in my eyes, if failed.


Wow...... well with facts like that who can argue :HEADHURTS:


It's basically a fact. Since my generation, a generation in which basically nobody plays Wii, is dominant in the gaming society, the Wii U will not be anywhere near as successful as the PS4 or XB1.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby VirusCarnage » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
prowl123 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.


I don't know about you but I don't carry my console around with me. I leave it on the floor at home. Honestly, if you're going to buy a friggin Xbox to play offline you're just straight-up stupid. It was designed for multiplayer and interaction between people over the internet. It kind of needs an internet connection.

No it does not transmit what you do the government. How is it an invasion of privacy? Turn it to look at the wall when you're done playing, problem solved.

The Wii failed for my generation since nobody my age (15) gives a **** about Nintendo. Maybe you older people do since you most likely grew up with Nintendo, but I can't stand the Wii and in my eyes, if failed.


Wow...... well with facts like that who can argue :HEADHURTS:


It's basically a fact. Since my generation, a generation in which basically nobody plays Wii, is dominant in the gaming society, the Wii U will not be anywhere near as successful as the PS4 or XB1.

The Wii U already has terrible sales if I remeber correctly right now the PS4 has close to the same amount of pre-orders as Wii U Console sales on launch
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby njb902 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

prowl123 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:The "authorization checks" means if you aren't connected to the internet, the system itself will not work, not even single-player. And the Kinect is a massive invasion of privacy; it's always on and always transmitting what you're doing to the US government.


I don't know about you but I don't carry my console around with me. I leave it on the floor at home. Honestly, if you're going to buy a friggin Xbox to play offline you're just straight-up stupid. It was designed for multiplayer and interaction between people over the internet. It kind of needs an internet connection.

No it does not transmit what you do the government. How is it an invasion of privacy? Turn it to look at the wall when you're done playing, problem solved.

The Wii failed for my generation since nobody my age (15) gives a **** about Nintendo. Maybe you older people do since you most likely grew up with Nintendo, but I can't stand the Wii and in my eyes, if failed.


Wow...... well with facts like that who can argue :HEADHURTS:


It's basically a fact. Since my generation, a generation in which basically nobody plays Wii, is dominant in the gaming society, the Wii U will not be anywhere near as successful as the PS4 or XB1.



:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :roll:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: PS4 V XBOX One v WII U

Postby VirusCarnage » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Let's be real here their are a certain number of people who play each system daily at different ages, and seriously do you think that out of the seven billion people in the world there won't be like one million 13-18 year olds who still play Wii?
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Video Games Forum