This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron 10x XP!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP!

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:39 pm

My only gripe with the game is that you can't replay the levels with the downloadable characters like Dead End and Onslaught.

Love those painted battle scenes. Takes me back to the box art of G1. Truely a lost art.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby ShockUzer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:25 pm

I like this poster:
Look at Starscream, he´s pointing to Megatron :lol: .
ShockUzer
Mini-Con

Postby Screamfleet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:I hope I can net some of the experience.
The disconnect issues wouldn't matter to me at all, if I got the exp as I made a kill, not collect it all at the end of a match. Disconnecting really sucks, cause you lose all that experience.

It actually DOES do that. Experience is applied as you get it, and when you leave a match for any reason (Disconnect, match ends, etc) it'll save to your hard drive. That post match experience bar is just for show, to show how much experience you gained during the match.

Basically, you get experience when you leave a match, whether you leave because the match ended or because you were disconnected is irrelevant.

Doesn't work for me then, cause I remember leveling up, disconnecting, logging back in and I didn't gain that level.
Screamfleet
Pretender
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm

wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed

anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Galvatrondestroyer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:56 am

Motto: "You cannot achieve success without the risk of failure."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy

i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you
Galvatrondestroyer
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:43 am

Galvatrondestroyer wrote:

i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you

well on the psn people pick more sideswipes and jazz's

but what super powerful characters?
megatron, and grindor

i understand megatron being powerful but not grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

on WFC its just the same thing with every character im sure
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Courage: 5

Postby Lastjustice » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
I'm with shadowman on the host leaving killing the game. I'll be on a team and we'll go all 1986 on a team of autobots hehe. They'll bail then and it's like come on. I find myself bouncing between gamerooms every couple matches because hosts keep leaving. I never bail due to losing. I always stay to the end in deathmatches.

I have gotten smashed my share too. I do like getting a jumpstart on the exp but I don't mind earning rest of my levels the normal way once this is over. I just started playing multiplayer a week or two ago as I played the campaign and escalation mode mostly before. I have every class lvl 10 or higher now. We'll see how far I get by time this is over.
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
Lastjustice
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Galvatrondestroyer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Megatronsdemise666 wrote:

megatron, and grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

dont forget power up prime in the super powerful cheap characters lol
its kinda that way in WFC but with diffrent health meters an ppl just spamming tank rounds it kinda sucks plus the drops from games if you dont have the maps and such i just finished the last two achievements on it so i think im done wit wfc too much lag and dropped games. and with my love of TF it kills me that its not been fixed an prob wont ever be, theyll just keep throwin more maps an character models an crazy xp weekends
Galvatrondestroyer
Minibot

Postby Mighty_Galvatron » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.

Well said.

Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

What a strange thing to say. :)

For me, this 10x Weekend is a good thing.

I bought the game on it's release day and played online a lot. Then for a few reasons, I lost all of my XP. So this weekend gives me a chance to quickly catch up to where I used to be.

PS: Down_Shift, how is it we've never played this together?
Mighty_Galvatron
Mini-Con

Postby LiKwid » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
This game is borderline unplayable for me.. The servers are so inconsistent and the lag is atrocious. Now before anyone says "ugggh just get better internet" ..I ghot the best money can buy right now and play several games online.. I tried getting into this game online so many times but it just refused to function.

Ity's a shame too because I loved the campaign.It's a shame they only cattered to the Mp aspect of the game...Damn shame...~goes to trade this pile of crap in for Fallout new vegas~
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Maxed out my levels and Prime Mode. Don't think I'll play the game anymore unless my friends are online or I have the urge to complete it's achievements.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Skill: 5

Postby The Fallen Prime » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Motto: "I, now, claim your sun!"
In my honest opinion, WFC is one of the greatest games to come out on the 360 when it comes to bringing you a great single-player experience. Unlike really bad games (such as the Call of Duty games) where the single-player is short and miles beyond disappointing, this game offers you a great campaign and an addicting Escalation mode.

One of my pet peeves with today's games is that too many of them, now, are being built mainly for multiplayer purposes. Much of your DLC is geared toward that part of the game, too. When the new Xboxes and Playstations come out, and the servers for those systems are shutdown, what are you going to do? More like, what are you left with? Games that may have delivered a great online experience, but a horrible single-player experience.

The single-player modes on this game are phenomenal! The MP system, as everyone has pointed out, is atrocious. I quit playing the damn thing for about a month and a half due to dropped games, spending too much time watching loading screens, lag, and what could have been hacking. I was frustrated to the point where I didn't enjoy the MP anymore.

The MP is just bad. Although I booted it up tonight to get a taste of the 10x XP and really enjoyed it. And, for the first time ever, I didn't experience any dropping or lagging in the games I played. Of course, that doesn't mean those problems aren't fixed. I may have gotten lucky.

Anywho, I will be playing this tomorrow in an attempt to hit Prime mode. I already leveled up 5 times in three rounds. Almost 6. So that's really nice.

WFC offers a great game for SP, but the MP is so unbelievably broken it's pathetic. I'm amazed and upset that these issues haven't been addressed. It's not that hard, High Moon, to fix these problems. It more than likely isn't going to take a lot of time either.
The Fallen Prime
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Blitzfire » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Motto: "Not all who wander are lost..."
Weapon: Centigrade Flame-Thrower
LiKwid wrote:This game is borderline unplayable for me.. The servers are so inconsistent and the lag is atrocious. Now before anyone says "ugggh just get better internet" ..I ghot the best money can buy right now and play several games online.. I tried getting into this game online so many times but it just refused to function.

I don't buy it.

Matchmaking is not an ideal multiplayer component, but it's fast-becoming the norm with console titles due to the lack of requirement for independent servers to host games (plus, sooner or later these servers are always shut down, which effectively kills the multiplayer altogether). You're going to get some shockers from time-to-time. However, I live in Australia which is traditionally terrible for online latency (specifically in faster-paced games like shooters) and outside of the matchmaking horrors I frequently encounter virtually lag-less matches where 10+ kill streaks are easily obtained (and yes, I select "Worldwide").

Please get it through you; THERE ARE NO WAR FOR CYBERTRON SERVERS.

If you're experiencing lag, either your connection is **** or your host's is ****. Leave the game, give it a few mins and try again. If the problem persists, check that your modem is set-up optimally and stop whinging.

The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.
Blitzfire
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 4

Postby gantzrunner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns

megatron, and grindor

its kinda that way in WFC but with diffrent health meters an ppl just spamming tank rounds it kinda sucks plus the drops from games if you dont have the maps and such i just finished the last two achievements on it so i think im done wit wfc too much lag and dropped games. and with my love of TF it kills me that its not been fixed an prob wont ever be, theyll just keep throwin more maps an character models an crazy xp weekends
. Truthfully I would LOVE. To play rotf again but 2 things killed it for me.... the first was not being able to play ranked matches without running into leaderboard teams that would end any match they were losing. The second issue was FREAKIN SPAWNCAMPING! Even in unranked matches! I mean come on it is the lamest way to win. I can't count how many times my team lost the advantage only to find ourselves trapped in spawncamp hell. And on the flip side I've been on teams that spawncamp...and its borring. No challenge. Just sit and shoot. I realize that the game has set spawn points that are easy to exploit but as players we can choose not to. Honestly...gamers behaving this way is pushing me further from online gaming.
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Galvatrondestroyer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am

gantzrunner wrote:

megatron, and grindor

. Truthfully I would LOVE. To play rotf again but 2 things killed it for me.... the first was not being able to play ranked matches without running into leaderboard teams that would end any match they were losing. The second issue was FREAKIN SPAWNCAMPING! Even in unranked matches! I mean come on it is the lamest way to win. I can't count how many times my team lost the advantage only to find ourselves trapped in spawncamp hell. And on the flip side I've been on teams that spawncamp...and its borring. No challenge. Just sit and shoot. I realize that the game has set spawn points that are easy to exploit but as players we can choose not to. Honestly...gamers behaving this way is pushing me further from online gaming.

yeah the spawncamping happened to me my first two matches ever on ROTF an it does suck tremendously.
Galvatrondestroyer
Minibot

Postby retrothomas » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 am

Motto: "Float like a leaf on the river of life."
Blitzfire wrote:The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.

You forgot about my legitimate complaint: only let me join the games I can join. Don't make me wait for 60+ second to find a match and load in when I won't be able to play that map since I don't have the DLC.
retrothomas
Minibot

Postby dkreed7 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:27 am

Game was good while it lasted, too many problems with multiplayer have pretty much killed it.
Only people who love transformers and love playing as their favourite characters still play it, Starscream in my case :)
Their never gonna fix it so hasbro and takara should get on with releasing the rest of the characters from the game as figures :) please
Especially Starscream, hope to see some new figures soon.
I want a War For Cybertron Starscream figure!
dkreed7
Mini-Con

Postby Heavy B » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:35 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
ive considered ROTF, but every time i go on multiplayer, im alone. i also hate how you can only select certain bots, making alot of those trophys a BITCH to get
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 5

Postby Ravage XK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Well, I just got all my guys up to level 25 and activated prime mode. The lag on this game has been driving me craxy for the past few hours. I only sat through it to mop up the trophies associated with the progress and all that are left are those for the escalation mode which seems pretty tough.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Lastjustice » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
Ravage XK wrote:Well, I just got all my guys up to level 25 and activated prime mode. The lag on this game has been driving me crazy for the past few hours. I only sat through it to mop up the trophies associated with the progress and all that are left are those for the escalation mode which seems pretty tough.

Surviving to wave 15 isn't that hard. With a decent team and the right level it can be done as I've managed get to way 18 or so a couple times now.

My advice,

- Learn the locations of all vital stuff like ammo, health, and overshields for the levels. Knowing the over all layout can help you retreat or rush back to a better defended location when you respawn. Nothing worse than coming back in like 12 and getting caught in middle of an army of Decepticons alone with the starting pee shooter. It also helps know what's behind each door so you can plan your path with the points you spend.

- Taking a character with Stealth is a good way escape doom and run to a heal. Also if you go down while on the pad to buy something you can continue to purchase the recovery item and save yourself without being aided. If you have a character such as Jazz with the ability to toss down barriers place it behind you while buying stuff. If you have tons of points and someone else doesn't (and just went down.)you can buy the item and step off the pad so they can grab it instead. Ultimately you can die very fast in this mode so it's better to be safe than sorry.

- Choose your Characters/powers/weapons wisely. Some abilities are much more helpful than others. Ultimately it's what suits your play style best. I tend be more of a team player so I pick characters with supportive powers such as Zeta Prime for autobots and Onslaught for the decepticons. War cry and ammo beacon help keep your team fighting without needing run off and get ammo mid battle.

Recovery ray (the healing weapons.) are great for patching each other up. They work on sentry drones so you can keep them firing longer. I'm a fan of having a scrap maker and healing ray as my two weapons. Like everything else experiment and see what works for you.

- Don't be a hero. It's about surivial. If one of your teammates is being absolutely reckless and breaks off from the pack, let them die. My knee jerk reaction is to be all Optimius Prime about it and die trying save them too. You'll leave your team down 2 people then instead of one. If they're close enough by fine take a chance. (or you can stealth to them safely.)

Otherwise cut your losses. It's what a leader has to do in the face of danger; make the hard calls. Needs of the many out weight the few. You try to support your team the best you can and stick together. You odds go up dramaticly than a team of mavericks out for themselves. (high scores might get you on the leaderboards but if you don't stick together you won't live long enough to matter.)

- Play thru the campaign (I'm assuming most people have if simply unlock the two fembots and see the story.) knowing how enemies fight and how avoid them is great practice for escalation mode. As they say in GI joe knowing is half the battle.

I hope that helps and good hunting. I'm Lastjustice on Playstation network if anyone needs a hand getting thru this. I'll do my best to get ya there.
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
Lastjustice
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

I maxed out all of my classes tonight but I'm not buying into Prime Mode. I worked too hard to get all of my perks!
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Blitzfire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:37 am

retrothomas wrote:
Blitzfire wrote:The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.

You forgot about my legitimate complaint: only let me join the games I can join. Don't make me wait for 60+ second to find a match and load in when I won't be able to play that map since I don't have the DLC.

I would possibly pay that if...

- The % of players with the DLC in the first place wasn't reasonably low.
- The % of players who actually play on the new maps wasn't even lower because of vetoing.

Personally, if I were you I'd just cough up and buy the DLC. It's not going to give you a disease.
Blitzfire
Mini-Con

Postby retrothomas » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 am

I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.
retrothomas
Minibot

Postby Blitzfire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:05 am

retrothomas wrote:I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.

And here's the crux of my stance; why?

Surprise me (protip: you won't, I've heard it all from anti-DLCers).
Blitzfire
Mini-Con

Postby retrothomas » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:10 am

Tell you what: go ahead and send me 1600 Microsoft Points and I'll get the DLC packs. We'll have a win/win situation on our hands.
retrothomas
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #297 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221642 297B (CA)Sullivan"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 SEP221682 300D (CA) McKeown"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON