This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Was DOTMToys.com's Last Post A New Human Alliance Helicopter?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Was DOTMToys.com's Last Post A New Human Alliance Helicopter?

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Pictures of a new, scout-sized Human Alliance Autobot attack helicopter with pilot, similar to the four-wheeled, triple changing, military ATV with driver that we saw last month, were apparently posted to DOTMToys.com. Like the ATV, this copter closely resembles a small G.I. Joe vehicle, about the size of the Cobra F.A.N.G. Here's the catch though; while preparing this news to post with links to the pictures, we have discovered that DOTMToys.com is no longer online. There's currently no way to confirm what has happened to the site but some will speculate that Hasbro's legal team may have finally caught up with them-or maybe they just forgot to pay their bill.

In any case, the only place we've found these pictures posted as of right now is on TFW2005's Rumor Board. If you want to check out this potential new Human Alliance figure, click HERE.

As for DOTMToys.com, only time will tell if this is a temporary glitch for them or the end of the road.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: Was DOTMToys.com's Last Post A New Human Alliance Helicocpter?

Postby El Duque » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Looks interesting. So far these HA Scouts are the only things that have really piqued my interest from the DOTM line. Wonder if they will do Decepticon versions, doesn't really make sense for Cons to be paired with humans though.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Was DOTMToys.com's Last Post A New Human Alliance Helicopter?

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm with El Duque on this one. It's kind of funny that the part of the movie line that I had zero interest in in terms of RotF figures now has the only 2 figures that I'm interested in for DotM. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to see the robot mode for this one. You can get a fairly good idea of how it will go from the vehicle mode since they really didn't work that hard at hiding the hands and the legs are a no brainer. Just wish we could see the head.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby amtm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
Not a fan of the aesthetics on these new toys, but I love the Human Alliance interaction gimmick. It's what was sorely missing from the original 1984 line--you'd see Spike and his dad get into Bumblebee or Optimus on the cartoon, but that wasn't possible with the toys. Gives more meaning to the "more than meets the eye" theme if you can fit a human figure into them--adds credibility to the idea of "robots in disguise" for play purposes. It's like they finally got the concept that had its seed in Pretenders right. Designer: "Oh wait. Maybe we shouldn't put a Transformer into a person. Maybe we should put a person into a Transformer. Hey, wait. That's it!" CEO stares blankly. "Give this guy a raise."
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot Megatron » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Motto: "That's just prime..."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a Lego creation? :P ...Strangly, I'm still really intrigued by him. Guess these scout HA's are irresistible to me... :BANG_HEAD: This might as well be a Decepticon since it'll steal my money.
Autobot Megatron
Like Nemisis Prime, but cooler.
Autobot Megatron
Fuzor

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
So far these are the only toys from the line im interested in, If you can use GIJOE figures with them then ill pick em up if not then it all depends on if the transformer is good or not.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Kibble » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Megatron Wolf wrote:So far these are the only toys from the line im interested in, If you can use GIJOE figures with them then ill pick em up if not then it all depends on if the transformer is good or not.

Looks pretty clear they're gonna be the same size humans as the ROTF HA line...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
DOTM keeps getting crappier and crappier. All the toys so far suck. Maybe Ill buy the taliban Megatron tanker truck because it's so unique. But thats it. And Hasbro is a bunch of ass-wipes for attacking those who give them free online promotion.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hmm. Looks kind of interesting. I wonder how well these work with GI Joe figures. Could be what Joe/TF fans have wanted from the start. I probably won't start getting the HAs because I haven't collected any of them yet, but this one looks pretty cool.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby morphobots » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 am

amtm wrote:Not a fan of the aesthetics on these new toys, but I love the Human Alliance interaction gimmick. It's what was sorely missing from the original 1984 line--you'd see Spike and his dad get into Bumblebee or Optimus on the cartoon, but that wasn't possible with the toys. Gives more meaning to the "more than meets the eye" theme if you can fit a human figure into them--adds credibility to the idea of "robots in disguise" for play purposes. It's like they finally got the concept that had its seed in Pretenders right. Designer: "Oh wait. Maybe we shouldn't put a Transformer into a person. Maybe we should put a person into a Transformer. Hey, wait. That's it!" CEO stares blankly. "Give this guy a raise."

We might have had this in the 80s if it hadn't been for America's toy safety laws. That's what kept us from having driver figures for TF like the Japanese had with the original Diaclones. As a kid, I used to think it was so weird that the jets and the cars had opening cockpits but nothing to put in them. That's also what kept us from having half-way decent springs in the missile launchers. "Hasbro, I want a Japanese Starscream for Christmas!" "Now, now, Ralphie. You'll only shoot your eye out."
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby OlivusPrime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 am

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
DOTM Whirl! A possibility, since we've seen a Deluxe Autobot chopper and the Wreckers will be featuring in the movie, although I doubt that this particular figure would be Whirl. I'm not too fond of these HA figures - considering the brilliant stuff we saw at the end of ROTFs HA line, these are pretty underwhelming.

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 8
Skill: 9

Postby LiKwid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
wtf.. :???: Looks like a M.A.S.K vehicle...
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby OptiMagnus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Cool. I wonder what the significance of these HA military vehicles is.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Skill: 6

Postby NatsumeRyu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm still on the fence with these new HA bots. The RotF HA hit a sweet spot for me in terms of size, transformation (difficulty, kibble, perks [guns, car interior, lack of electronics]), etc. They are the first line I've "collected" or am trying to (still need Mudflap...). But these guys....they don't look as pretty as the others (visible hands for instance), even if they retain the interacting figure gimmick. If you didn't notice, that perk's not high on my list of why I liked HA btw. So I may not be collecting these guys depending on how they end up.

So far I'd have to agree with everyone that DoTM toys are pretty underwhelming. Generations is starting to fight back at all my movie figures, LOL.
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby prowl123 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Liked him... until I saw the hands sticking out of the back.
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby amtm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 pm

morphobots wrote:We might have had this in the 80s if it hadn't been for America's toy safety laws. That's what kept us from having driver figures for TF like the Japanese had with the original Diaclones. As a kid, I used to think it was so weird that the jets and the cars had opening cockpits but nothing to put in them. That's also what kept us from having half-way decent springs in the missile launchers. "Hasbro, I want a Japanese Starscream for Christmas!" "Now, now, Ralphie. You'll only shoot your eye out."

Yes, good points, morphobots, though those figures were really tiny. Personally I was also disappointed by the rubber on Starscream's nosecone, which apparently was plastic on the Japanese version. (Why plastic isn't safe enough is beyond me.) To boot, I couldn't resist chewing it, which obviously messed it up and made the toy not look so nice anymore.
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay

Postby morphobots » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 pm

amtm wrote:
morphobots wrote:We might have had this in the 80s if it hadn't been for America's toy safety laws. That's what kept us from having driver figures for TF like the Japanese had with the original Diaclones. As a kid, I used to think it was so weird that the jets and the cars had opening cockpits but nothing to put in them. That's also what kept us from having half-way decent springs in the missile launchers. "Hasbro, I want a Japanese Starscream for Christmas!" "Now, now, Ralphie. You'll only shoot your eye out."

Yes, good points, morphobots, though those figures were really tiny. Personally I was also disappointed by the rubber on Starscream's nosecone, which apparently was plastic on the Japanese version. (Why plastic isn't safe enough is beyond me.) To boot, I couldn't resist chewing it, which obviously messed it up and made the toy not look so nice anymore.

It wasn't so much that plastic is more dangerous than rubber, but that it created an unyeilding stiff spearpoint at the front of a toy presumably held by an energetic boy tearing around his house/yard/playground with abandon. Granted, you could still have put out an eye with the American versions, but at least the company had a legal fallback position of trying to look out for safety. We still have this paranoia today. Exhibit A: ROTF Lockdown's rubberized hub spikes and hook hand. Exhibit B: 20th Anniversary (American) Optimus Prime's shortened exhaust stacks.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby bumble_bee_68 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 am

wtf?
Looks like crap.
The entire DOTM line...

No thanks.
I'll stick w/ my Generations/Universe/RTS lines, thank you very much :D
bumble_bee_68
Minibot
News Credits: 5

Postby Stockade » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I predict DOTM toys wont sell and will be the down fall of Hasbro! and in 2 years Hasbro will have to come up with something top notch to make up for lost profits.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Stockade wrote:I predict DOTM toys wont sell and will be the down fall of Hasbro! and in 2 years Hasbro will have to come up with something top notch to make up for lost profits.

Hate to shoot holes in your prediction, but the kids outnumber us older collectors by a considerable margin. I'm not a big fan of the PCC's but unfortunately some of my money has gone towards purchasing them since my youngest son happens to be a big fan of the product line. Much as I'm despising the DotM line I have to resign myself to the fact that some of my money will also be going towards that line as well just because something in it may appeal to my son. For those of us collectors with children, Hasbro has us by the bearings. As for that something "top notch", you better snag up what you can of the RTS/Generations figures because it's my guess that those figures will be the best we (the collectors) get from Hasbro for quite some time. They are putting a lot of effort into making us happy with figures like Wreck-Gar and Perceptor and such but I don't see them keeping that effort up for long. We just aren't profitable enough for them and they are going to shift the focus back to the youngsters sooner than later.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby --B-- » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
T-Macksimus wrote:
Stockade wrote:I predict DOTM toys wont sell and will be the down fall of Hasbro! and in 2 years Hasbro will have to come up with something top notch to make up for lost profits.

Hate to shoot holes in your prediction, but the kids outnumber us older collectors by a considerable margin. I'm not a big fan of the PCC's but unfortunately some of my money has gone towards purchasing them since my youngest son happens to be a big fan of the product line. Much as I'm despising the DotM line I have to resign myself to the fact that some of my money will also be going towards that line as well just because something in it may appeal to my son. For those of us collectors with children, Hasbro has us by the bearings. As for that something "top notch", you better snag up what you can of the RTS/Generations figures because it's my guess that those figures will be the best we (the collectors) get from Hasbro for quite some time. They are putting a lot of effort into making us happy with figures like Wreck-Gar and Perceptor and such but I don't see them keeping that effort up for long. We just aren't profitable enough for them and they are going to shift the focus back to the youngsters sooner than later.

Pretty much the same here. They will put out "Classicsverse" types of figures until May, then not again until nest spring, and we will be jumping all over the return.

Although I haven't given up hope that Generations will NOT go on hiatus and that they just pump out re-paints/re-molds to full the new mold void until next year. I don't mind the gaps in the Classics/Universe/Generations line, lets me save some cash on the movie toys that I don't buy!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby adamassc » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Motto: "In one little corner of the universe, there's nothing more irritating than a misfire"
morphobots wrote:
amtm wrote:

It wasn't so much that plastic is more dangerous than rubber, but that it created an unyeilding stiff spearpoint at the front of a toy presumably held by an energetic boy tearing around his house/yard/playground with abandon. Granted, you could still have put out an eye with the American versions, but at least the company had a legal fallback position of trying to look out for safety. We still have this paranoia today. Exhibit A: ROTF Lockdown's rubberized hub spikes and hook hand. Exhibit B: 20th Anniversary (American) Optimus Prime's shortened exhaust stacks.

If I recall my readings correctly, 'flying' toys such as Screamer have more stringent safety rules because the people in charge of these things believe kids are more likely to toss an aircraft toy.

Simply put, Hasbro thinks kids will throw Starscream, so he gets a rubber nosecone.
adamassc
Pretender
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby amtm » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

adamassc wrote:If I recall my readings correctly, 'flying' toys such as Screamer have more stringent safety rules because the people in charge of these things believe kids are more likely to toss an aircraft toy.

Simply put, Hasbro thinks kids will throw Starscream, so he gets a rubber nosecone.

Interesting. Though, when I was 4, my brother and I were playing with a wooden block that had a hole in the middle. We were pretending it was a pirate scope. We had to "share" and "take turns." I got a little impatient after he had it for a minute or two and asked for it back (we were each supposed to have 5 minutes at a time but who knows what it actually was--I had no concept of how to measure time except how long it felt). He refused. I asked again. He refused. I asked again, and he threw it at me. It hit my forehead and split the skin, which made me bleed everywhere. I still have a scar from that.

So, as far as I can tell, kids will throw anything they want if they feel like throwing something, regardless of what it is. I think the concept that they're more likely to throw an aircraft toy is probably adults overthinking things.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTERSHOT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Betatron 2016 230903A"
SCATTERSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON