This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BTS Soundwave on the Horizon?

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon?

Postby Kibble » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I'll probably be interested if they can pull off how the sketch design looks. But since I too already have ML Soundwave, my wallet roots for the final product to be pass-worthy. All these 3rd party products are just too damn spendy!

Oh, and absolutely zero interest in it being a real, working micro-cassette recorder (or anything of the electronic recorder/player variety.) Would be of no use to me and would only drive the price up. I could have easily done without ML Soundwave being a working MP3 player, too...woulda preferred it actually. Sounds like it's a pretty crappy player with limited functionality and can handle only small storage disks, and I wouldn't want to use it anyhow as it would likely just get scratched up carrying it around. Had it just been a regular kick ass deluxe fig, it probably woulda only ran about $25 or less when it was released.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby horus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 am

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
The product shown is using a REAL micro cassette in the chest, it is not a cassetticon.
That said, the size of a real microcassette is the same has all cassetticons..

they probably dind't have a cassetticon at hand or most probably did not want to picture a real hasbro product or ko of one with this figure. :D
horus
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby horus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
New pics have been found:

I still like it but the legs and waist look very skinny, plus the head needs some work..

Still a prototype.. will buy!
horus
Fuzor

Postby El Duque » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Robot mode images of the BTS-04 Soundwave based on Guido Guidi's concept drawings have surfaced. The figure, still in it's prototype stage, is partially revealed. Unfortunately there are no clear shots of the figure's head. It appears the figure will definitely be able to accommodate G1 cassettes.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 pm

So, Hasbro gave us a bunch of cell phones, game controllers, a freaking WATCH (twice), an MP3 player (again...twice) and a mini-cam for the smaller round of figures for the first Movie line, none of which had anything to do with the movie, but they couldn't pull off something like this for us? :BANG_HEAD:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Yeah, still not buying it. If I ever have the urge to replace my ML Soundwave, I think I'll do the Perceptor mod.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 am

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
I like the missile rack, could be my first third party figure if the price is right :grin:

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby ShardFenix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 am

I still fail to see what is so damn impressive about a tape player. I grew up watching transformers in the 80's and thought it was lame then and its lame know. I also hated perceptor. Now perceptor has a much more practical alt-mode. I mean come on...what a radio/cassete player going to do in battle? blast Justin Bieber til the autobots are so annoyed they surrender?
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*looks at robot mode pic*

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I've always loved that design from Guido Guidi, but this figure just isn't lighting a fire under my wigwam. Maybe it's because I don't own any G1 cassettes. Doesn't anyone care about how lonely Universe Classics 2.0 Ravage is looking?

Nah, me neither. I eagerly await more news on Perfect Effect's long-ago hinted at Soundwave.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
There's a few things about the prototype that I just don't like. Right off the bat, everyone tries to look for the head. From what we can see, it's just a faceplate and visor eyes. Way too skinny, not enough detail to resemble Dons work. Next look at the torso, does it have the abomin that Don gave his concept art? Doesn't look like it. It looks as though it swings down on a small pivot.

Now, these things could be put to bed the next time we see some better shots but so far I think what we see is what we don't get.

So far, it's a pass for me.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:24 am

UIt can hold G1 cassettes it seems .... a real plus, but I need to see more pics before buying. MP3 Soundwave is perfect in every way except his inability to hold G1 cassettes, and that's not too bad, really.

Yeah, the cropped pics of his head make me wonder how good it is. Not really impressed with the little they're showing of it.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Skyfire77 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:28 am

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
El Duque wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Can a real cassette fit in there? It's look like it can.

Not sure, initially I thought it was a G1 cassette, but upon closer inspection I'm not so sure. It's definitely a cassette of some sort though.

Looks like Rumble/Frenzy to me. It's Laserbeak in the second set.

Vicalliose wrote:Is there really a replacement for microcassette recorders though? Are they replaced by the recorders in some cell phones?... No I still don't think that's quite the proper replacement. Law Enforcement officials still use them right? I feel a little old now. :-(

Digital voice recorders.
Skyfire77
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I've been gnawing on what was off about the robot mode to the art and now I finally realize it's twofold. There's no separation between his tape door and pelvis and his crotch is so small it makes his chest look huge.

He still looks he could work out alright, but I want to see complete profiles of him fully painted.

Right now, I'm still jonesing for Perfect Effect's Soundwave and eventual Laserbeak/Buzzsaw decos.
Last edited by Requiem Prime on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:17 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Skyfire77 wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:Is there really a replacement for microcassette recorders though? Are they replaced by the recorders in some cell phones?... No I still don't think that's quite the proper replacement. Law Enforcement officials still use them right? I feel a little old now. :-(

Digital voice recorders.

Law enforcement and legal matters such as depositions haven't used cassette based recorders in a very long time. Analog recordings are too easily altered and rerecorded to be considered hard evidence anymore. And I know that digital is actually easier to edit, it still shows signs that it has been edited.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:22 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
They have to fix the face......make it more "Action Master" like first.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby DTR69 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 am

As somebody has already mentioned, G1/MP Megatron all over again, minus attempts to actualy, narrow the depth, and broaden the front perspective, so we have skinny yet wide side profile legs. G1 soundwave, was a very well designed robot mode, this has a more boxy chest, and the areas where there could of been improvemen are worse. This figure is worse than the original. The original is so clever, from the batteries becoming weapons, and the cassette minions, all some of the best g1 designs, this doesn't come close. AT first I thought th esculpt wasn't finished, as they seemed to have used the same sort of plastic, [I forget what it's called, I used to use it at schhool] to make the prototype, and like Perfect transformation Powerglide, was made from a blocky formed prototype and slowly built up and carved away, to eventually become a well designed transformer, you can see from the alt mode that all sculpting is done.
I give props to anyone who puts the effort into making designs that Has/Tak will not, bt from the design stages this should off been dropped or rethought, as the robot mode is sacraficed, for an alt mode which I for one have no desire to display, neither do I want to display an akward looking Soundwave.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby rpetras » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:00 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
So far so good.

Still need to see more pics.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Courage: 7

Postby Rated X » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:09 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
A little boxy for a figure of this day and age. But thats OK. Dont really care about cassettes being inside of him because it would be on my classics shelf side by side with perfect effect "cassettes" in robot mode. Lets just hope the guy doesnt cater to geeks by putting a stupid MP3 player feature that would only raise the price. Just gimmie a solid classics figure I beg...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am

Motto: "Roll out!"
WHY! WHY! WHY! CAN’T THEY MAKE A CHEAP G1 REILISTIC SOUNDWAVE

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9

Postby Vicalliose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
No where near as fond of this as I was now. :-(
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Mkall » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
godzillabot wrote:WHY! WHY! WHY! CAN’T THEY MAKE A CHEAP G1 REILISTIC SOUNDWAVE

Because G1 isn't modern.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6

Postby Stormrider » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Looks fragile.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Rated X wrote:Lets just hope the guy doesnt cater to geeks by putting a stupid MP3 player feature that would only raise the price. Just gimmie a solid classics figure I beg...

You do realize that this is a Transformers product, correct? You do realize that as people above the age of about 14 who are buying Transformer products, we are geeks? You understand that this, being catered to Transformer collectors, means that is IS being catered to geeks?

You are a geek. I am a geek. We're all geeks on this forum. No need to be in sad denial about it, just be proud of being a geek.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby DTR69 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:
Rated X wrote:Lets just hope the guy doesnt cater to geeks by putting a stupid MP3 player feature that would only raise the price. Just gimmie a solid classics figure I beg...

You do realize that this is a Transformers product, correct? You do realize that as people above the age of about 14 who are buying Transformer products, we are geeks? You understand that this, being catered to Transformer collectors, means that is IS being catered to geeks?

You are a geek. I am a geek. We're all geeks on this forum. No need to be in sad denial about it, just be proud of being a geek.

There are two types of geeks well 4 actualy, But the main difference is where boundaries lie. I'm the total opposite of a geek, but I design and make music, so do alot of other people, but I'm heavily into my mac, and am always helping out people I know who do the same thing but aren't as into the thing behind it all, I cross the liine and am passionate about the technology. I like the geeky part too but out of necessity but as it's apple it's fun. When it comes to Transformers, it's the transformers I like, I would never wear a Transformers watch or have it as my ring tone, a certain type of geek would. When I buy music equipment, it has to be the best for my money for playing music. I wear designer clothes, for the style I would not buy something becuase it had transformers on it, I buy clothes that look good, transformers shouldn't step into a part of your life which it has no place in beeing. Certain geeks watch anything with robots in, or that is scy fy, I only like transformers, I do so for the looks, so I do have some gundam etc, but if it doesn't meet a certain standard it ends there.
Transformers is a big part of my life, but it doesn't interfere with other parts, there for I have quality transformers, quality clothes and quality music equpment. Mixing the 2 means, an inferior mp3 player and an inferior figure. So the explanation is tricky as geeks are stereotyped as being clever, but being clever is form follows function, and being clever is getting something that is the best it can be, If you saw someone wearing a star trek t-shirt, you may think geek, I personaly would think, that is a poor quality t-shirt and has spent the extra money as it has something which has nothing to do with clothes printed on it, so thats not smart, it's jus an example as they might not care about clothes and the design might be kool. SO a soundwave figure that plays mp3s is a poor figure as it has to compensate a cheap component that can't play music wel, so thats not smart.
It's all abou stereo types, and the true meaning of the word, how many boxes do you have to tick for you to be considered to belong to one type of people, but the what happens if you tick boxes not only in other group types but in groups that are considered the total oppositte, I know I do. And in todays world things are changing, especialy as technology is becoming more useful and more important to everyone, so isn't everyone a geek now. Geeks were considered the brains, but it's so obvious thats not the case anymore, and people who try hard not to be geeks don't realise that actually makes them a geek. It's passion wih no reason. People who smoke weed and buy t-shirts with ganja leave son are geeks, Gangsters who read all the gangster books and say something profound before they kill someone are geeks. I love computers but I use it for something, I'm a geek in that respect, but then there's people who work in computer shops or I.T and they have loads of computers and know alt about them, but really have no use for a powrful machine becuase they don't actually use them for what they are ment for.
DTR69
Fuzor

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers TCG BUMBLEBEE VS. MEGATRON Set 2-Player Starter Set (44 Cards) New"
Transformers TCG B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee GO FOR THE GOLD One-shot IDW Comics 2018 OCT180684"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KREON 4-PACK Transformers Kre-o Universal Optimus Prime Evac Megatron Bumblebee"
KREON 4-PACK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2020 with OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Legion Figures Takara"
NEW!
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015 Hyper Change 3-Step 220512A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Fighters OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Transformers Movie complete Hasbro 2007"
Robot Fighters OPT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mega Axe Attack OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Warrior 2021"
Mega Axe Attack OP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON