This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

1st Botcon 2012 exclusive revealed: Gigatron

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 1st Botcon 2012 exclusive revealed: Gigatron

Postby synthetik » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Motto: "You! Yes, you! You are dead!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
That's abysmal. I know tank alts are fairly rare these days but they shouldn't have gone with this one. It doesn't make any sense. The least they could have done was retool the weapons and remold the armor pieces or just pick someone else.
synthetik
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby ILL-Star » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
I'm kinda liking this. Characters change over the years. This will do.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ShadowGinrai » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Motto: "-Be Transformed, Romans 12:2b"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
Whoa. Caught me with my pants down. Didn't see this mold coming. Kind of a let down that it's only Lord Giga, but I will still enjoy it a lot. :CON:
ShadowGinrai
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Skill: 9

Postby No One » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:That's no homage, that's blasphemy.
Overlord was a:
- baseformer
- triplechanger (quintiple if we count the separate vehicle modes as two and the united vehicle mode as another)
- double powermaster
- duocon
- bada$$

now, that mold is not even close.

Is there any mold that would make a decent homage?

No One
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby No One » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 pm

MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:
Overlord was a:
- baseformer
- triplechanger (quintiple if we count the separate vehicle modes as two and the united vehicle mode as another)
- double powermaster
- duocon
- bada$$

FUNCTION: SELF CONTAINED NOMADIC ASSAULT MACHINE
“I stand my ground. I have conquered EVERY challenge. I hunger for conflict without end”.
A legendary force of inorganic nature, he emerges as the new and deadly Ambassador Of Destruction, a Decepticon ANTI-HERO. Enemies tremble at mere whispers of his existence. This Transector has Autobots guessing as he downgrades himself to standard Earth sized vehicles. Weary of battles unchallenged and searching for new ways to prove himself in combat, Overlord sets Mega & Giga free, foregoing his Godmaster multiple functions activated by them while in engine mode. No location is too remote; no terrain is too tough for this megalithic power-monger as he transforms into BOTH a Gigatank to steamroll a path ahead, and a Megajet for C-SAC duty (Carrier, Spy, & Air Combat). Carries an infra-red heat seeking laser canon, ready for all-out war!
No One
Vehicon

Postby Court Jester » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:Is there any mold that would make a decent homage?

PCC with hand picked drones, homage color guide, and remolding in the right places... this given the stipulation of no Cybertron Leader Megs (which is a shame).
Court Jester

Postby El Duque » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
My mold choice would have been Universe Silverbolt, no matter what you're only going to homage one of Overlord's vehicle modes so I would have went for the jet. Silverbolt's alt mode and Overlord's jet component already share similar alt modes. In the case of Skyfall below just make the thrusters grey and ditch the red add some purple.

Their robot modes share some of the same design elements as well. Let's take it from the top:

• paint the tips of the two triangular wing tips that rise behind his shoulders purple to homage the OL's purple shoulder cones
  • put the newly molded head on
  • light grey arms with black hands
  • make his two landing gear chest flaps grey just like OL's
  • main torso dark blue
  • each side of the abdomen dark grey to homage his pop out weapons
  • waist black
  • top section of his thighs dark grey
  • thigh area just above the knee dark blue
  • lower legs teal
  • feet purple

Other design similarities: OL carries the forward section of his jet alt mode on his arm, Silverbolt carries the forward section of his jet mode on his back. The little mini-wings on Silverbolt's shoulders resemble OL's open chest flaps. Even the guns somewhat similar, just make Silverbolt's purple with a black missile.

Plus he's an Ultra Class figure that turns into a tall robot, and they've used Ultra Class figures in the boxset before. If I had any photshop skills I would put this all together.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby dinogeist » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:55 pm

MR Optimus Prime wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:
Overlord was a:
- baseformer
- double powermaster
- duocon
- bada$$

FUNCTION: SELF CONTAINED NOMADIC ASSAULT MACHINE
“I stand my ground. I have conquered EVERY challenge. I hunger for conflict without end”.
A legendary force of inorganic nature, he emerges as the new and deadly Ambassador Of Destruction, a Decepticon ANTI-HERO. Enemies tremble at mere whispers of his existence. This Transector has Autobots guessing as he downgrades himself to standard Earth sized vehicles. Weary of battles unchallenged and searching for new ways to prove himself in combat, Overlord sets Mega & Giga free, foregoing his Godmaster multiple functions activated by them while in engine mode. No location is too remote; no terrain is too tough for this megalithic power-monger as he transforms into BOTH a Gigatank to steamroll a path ahead, and a Megajet for C-SAC duty (Carrier, Spy, & Air Combat). Carries an infra-red heat seeking laser canon, ready for all-out war!

I think everyone was asking the question of a previous TF toy released from under 5 years ago.

Honestly if we've got to dig all the way back to 1987 to get the duocons molds for a botcon 2012 overlord. Then we might as well just dig back to 1988 & get the original masterforce 1988 overlord toy mold,recolor it in slightly more cartoon accurate colors & release it as a botcon 2012 TF toy.

RANDOM SIDE NOTE: I'm hoping this botcon 2012 overlord/gigatron toy generates enough interest to convince hasbro/takara to create a masterpiece or leader sized new mold overlord/gigatron toy. i'm also hoping this botcon 2012 gigatron toy generates enough interest to convince a few 3rd party toy companies to create a proper G-1 styled overlord leader sized toy,with two voyager sized vechicles,a jet & tank merging to form a leader sized robot mode.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby No One » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:05 am

I think everyone was asking the question of a previous TF toy released from under 5 years ago.

Honestly if we've got to dig all the way back to 1987 to get the duocons molds for a botcon 2012 overlord. Then we might as well just dig back to 1988 & get the original masterforce 1988 overlord toy mold,recolor it in slightly more cartoon accurate colors & release it as a botcon 2012 TF toy.

Yeah but I still think it would be a neat CHEAP way to have him. I think the Bludgeon mold is still okay though.
No One
Vehicon

Postby No One » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am

[quote="El Duque"]My mold choice would have been Universe Silverbolt, no matter what you're only going to homage one of Overlord's vehicle modes so I would have went for the jet. Silverbolt's alt mode and Overlord's jet component already share similar alt modes. In the case of Skyfall below just make the thrusters grey and ditch the red add some purple.

Yeah and it's JUST enough of a brick to hail back to G1. Maybe some paint chest apps to homage Giga and Mega.
No One
Vehicon

Postby NOS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 am

*sigh* No...

Should have went with Cybertron Megatron mold.

Triple changer, menacing robot mode...

Might not have been spot on accurate, the tank mode being replaced with his car mode, but would have been better then this.
NOS
Targetmaster

Postby El Duque » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 am

NOS wrote:*sigh* No...

Might not have been spot on accurate, the tank mode being replaced with his car mode, but would have been better then this.

That would be cool, but it would never happen due to it's size.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Thrust222 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:47 am

I think its pretty good. Maybe some other molds would have been good also but the more I look at the bludgeon/giga figure the more I like it.
Thrust222
Mini-Con

Postby NOS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 am

El Duque wrote:

R.i.D Megatron was roughly the same size and they remolded him a head for Deathsaurus. I suppose the rest of the figures were all scout size though for the set...

Oh well, Cybertron Megatron would have still been my choice.
NOS
Targetmaster

Postby Blurrz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:56 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 am

NOS wrote:
El Duque wrote:

R.i.D Megatron was roughly the same size and they remolded him a head for Deathsaurus. I suppose the rest of the figures were all scout size though for the set...

I have to disagree about the size. I have both figure and Cybertron Megatron is significantly larger than BotCon Deathsaurus.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby RhA » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:29 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
El Duque wrote:
NOS wrote:
El Duque wrote:

I have to disagree about the size. I have both figure and Cybertron Megatron is significantly larger than BotCon Deathsaurus.

:lol: EXTREMELY roughly.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Nekoman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Meh, yuck, blah. This is the absolute last figure I would've hoped they'd use for Overlord. I didn't have high expectations for this one though, but honestly. It works in vehicle mode only.

I feel like the TFC does this a lot, aim too high and end up producing a figure that doesn't live up to it's namesake. The samurai motif just doesn't blend with this character. The head sculpt looks decent at best too.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1

Postby C - 310 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:10 am

To be honest I was expecting they would use Energon's Megatron mold with a remold head, but I guess they were not using any molds from the Unicron trilogy.

I really feels like they dump down overlord ALOT in order to 'fit' it to this mode. He wasn't even a "melee" character originally. Also the head looks like a bootlegger from China molded it.

C'mon hasbro, for 3 or 4 times it's retail price, you can't make a new mold for once for exclusive to be worth it?
C - 310
Mini-Con

Postby NOS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:21 am

RhA wrote:
El Duque wrote:
NOS wrote:
El Duque wrote:

:lol: EXTREMELY roughly.

Never actually owned the figure so I suppose my estimations must be pretty far off. Still, that's the only current mold I could see that would do Overlord / Gigatron any justice.

Guess I'll keep dreaming. ^^;
NOS
Targetmaster

Postby scypris115 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 am

Motto: ""You don't find death..death finds you!!""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wow... that figure sucks.. Id buy that piece of crap mold for 5 bucks.. They can keep the change too../:) looks more like an autobot..
My must haves..

DOTM: Deluxe Wheeljack (movie accurate version), Deluxe Soundwave, and Deluxe Leadfoot

Prime: Deluxe Cliffjumper, Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe Ratchet (hope its being made), Voyager Optimus Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, and Voyager Megatron (hope its being made)
scypris115
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:54 am

scypris115 wrote:Wow... that figure sucks.. Id buy that piece of crap mold for 5 bucks.. They can keep the change too../:) looks more like an autobot..

Bludgeon was one of the best figures of 2010, one of the best designed not-in-the-movie movie characters, one of the best homages ever made, and a marvel in Transformers engineering. So, $5? Well, can't expect much when your favorite toy is something that hasn't even been released yet.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Matrix_Holder » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:59 am

The head mold looks like the one from "the last stand of the wreckers" series. I would not have picked Bludgeon for "Gigatron"...looks nothing like him., Tidal Wave would have been the perfect choice for this character. they should have done a survey so they could get an idea what the collectors think. I don't like the whole Ultra Magnus Prime repaint...or that Soundwave from the Universe Ironhide ..a terrible mold that should not be repainted. I may buy the Metalhawk and Treadshot from a buddy that is buying multiple sets to resell, if they are good.
Matrix_Holder
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Blurrz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:03 am

Matrix_Holder wrote: Tidal Wave would have been the perfect choice for this character.

Indeed;

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ord/20386/
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
El Duque wrote:My mold choice would have been Universe Silverbolt, no matter what you're only going to homage one of Overlord's vehicle modes so I would have went for the jet. Silverbolt's alt mode and Overlord's jet component already share similar alt modes. In the case of Skyfall below just make the thrusters grey and ditch the red add some purple.

Their robot modes share some of the same design elements as well. Let's take it from the top:

• paint the tips of the two triangular wing tips that rise behind his shoulders purple to homage the OL's purple shoulder cones
  • put the newly molded head on
  • light grey arms with black hands
  • make his two landing gear chest flaps grey just like OL's
  • main torso dark blue
  • each side of the abdomen dark grey to homage his pop out weapons
  • waist black
  • top section of his thighs dark grey
  • thigh area just above the knee dark blue
  • lower legs teal
  • feet purple

Other design similarities: OL carries the forward section of his jet alt mode on his arm, Silverbolt carries the forward section of his jet mode on his back. The little mini-wings on Silverbolt's shoulders resemble OL's open chest flaps. Even the guns somewhat similar, just make Silverbolt's purple with a black missile.

Plus he's an Ultra Class figure that turns into a tall robot, and they've used Ultra Class figures in the boxset before. If I had any photshop skills I would put this all together.

I second this, but would add a little more.
Remold the figure slightly so that you can remove the robot from the plane (which works, the robot-mode is literately screwed onto the plane) and then give him a few tank treads and attach the gun as a turret for a kinda tank mode.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HALCYON LEGACY #5 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR221021 (CA) Giangiordano"
Star Wars HALCYON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 DEC221411 5A (CA) Rosanas (W) Kelly + Lanzing"
STAR TREK #5 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #21 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210968 (CA) Pagulayan (W) Soule"
STAR WARS #21 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars WAR BOUNTY HUNTERS #5 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211240 (CA) Cassaday"
Star Wars WAR BOUN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS DARTH VADER #12 var crimson Marvel Comics 2021 MAR210669 (CA) Kuder"
STAR WARS DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #14 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210751 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #9 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 APR231574 9C (CA) Bayliss (W) Kelly + Lanzing"
STAR TREK #9 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230325 11J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr T 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics MAR239167 6T (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr R LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230466 7R (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #10 var WHM Marvel Comics SEP228832 (CA) Momoko"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek STRANGE NEW WORLDS Illyrian Enigma #4 Cvr B IDW Comics JAN231634 4B"
Star Trek STRANGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230682 9D (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sonic The Hedgehog WINTER JAM Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 SEP231276 (CA) Oz (A) Kim"
Sonic The Hedgehog ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON