Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

This G2 yellow scheme is really growing on me. Looks like I may be buying 3 Devastators this year.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:Preordered all 3 this morning. Planning to get the green one too when it's available. Yellow for the G2 shelf I am slowly becoming addicted to! :lol:

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I gotta wonder if the green set will be cheaper, though. Since the yellow has those extra accessories.

What extra accessories?

I don't know, I just know that initial reports said the yellow one had some extra accessories the green one won't have.


I wish I could remember where I heard it from, but we did get an announcement that the two-packs will a). be limited edition, b). come out BEFORE the green set, and c). have something extra (maybe the extra paint/sticker apps). All 3 factors peaked my interest, and I'm glad that Hercules is out the way before having to pay for these guys. Did a little bit more 'net search, couldn't find pictures or descriptions of any extras coming with the two-packs, even though the 1st is out. Maybe MakeToys forgot about it?
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Meh, I'll be passing on these. I already spent 600+ on Hercules anyway. ;)
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Christ almighty can we get an end to all those that want a green version already! Look you all got your gundam Hercules version so can't you be pleased and have this as your Neo-G2? Seems some are totally down for that and I think it's right on.

Okay so maybe you didn't get Hercules for what ever the reason just be nice and accept this awesome looking combiner in all it's piss yellow glory! :P What if the next repaint is actually the Diaclone homage? What then with all you pissing and wishing for green? :)) :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1474
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Mykltron » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:49 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Stormrider wrote:I am not a fan of G2 but I am tempted with these colors.

Mykltron wrote:Already got the first two - they arrived this morning and i only ordered them yesterday!


Seriously? Give us a review.


Sorry, I haven't opened them. I'm too busy playing with FE Bulkhead. I like to spread out my openings so I have things to look forward to for rainy days. Ask Motorthing, he has opened his.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6084
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:01 am

Nemesis Destron wrote:Christ almighty can we get an end to all those that want a green version already! Look you all got your gundam Hercules version so can't you be pleased and have this as your Neo-G2? Seems some are totally down for that and I think it's right on.

Okay so maybe you didn't get Hercules for what ever the reason just be nice and accept this awesome looking combiner in all it's piss yellow glory! :P What if the next repaint is actually the Diaclone homage? What then with all you pissing and wishing for green? :)) :VEHI:

I'll stop saying I want a green one when people stop using "gundam" as a synonym for "god damn". It's really awkward and doesn't work that well.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4696
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:55 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Green gets MY green. SG red and white would too. Still dig these guys. When those pre-orders go up, I'll be there.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6531
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Midnight_Fox » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Nemesis Destron wrote: gundam Hercules version


There's a Gundam version Hercules?

I must have missed something somewhere, cause I'd love the hell out of a Hercules colored like an RX-78.

;)
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1672
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Flux Convoy wrote:Green gets MY green. SG red and white would too. Still dig these guys. When those pre-orders go up, I'll be there.
:BOT:

Shattered Glass would win all my money
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14032
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:01 am

I don't really go for SG stuff, but the Constructions do look darn good in those colours.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4696
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby decepta-scott » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 am

So can we expect to pay the same price for the green ones as we do for the yellow ones?
Also What is the chance of this company going "belly up" before the green ones are released?

I need those green bots for the low price of 119 a set.
decepta-scott

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:10 am

decepta-scott wrote:So can we expect to pay the same price for the green ones as we do for the yellow ones?
Also What is the chance of this company going "belly up" before the green ones are released?

I need those green bots for the low price of 119 a set.

the green ones are supposed to be gift set.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4696
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Requiem Prime » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:58 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Mkall wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Green gets MY green. SG red and white would too. Still dig these guys. When those pre-orders go up, I'll be there.
:BOT:

Shattered Glass would win all my money


Did they confirm any other colors? If not I wouldn't hold my breath.
User avatar
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Requiem Prime wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Green gets MY green. SG red and white would too. Still dig these guys. When those pre-orders go up, I'll be there.
:BOT:

Shattered Glass would win all my money


Did they confirm any other colors? If not I wouldn't hold my breath.

only a green gift set has been confirmed other than the original yellow ones. people can still hope though.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4696
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
Where has it been confirmed that that the green version will be sold as a gift set? Hell, I don't think there has actually been official confirmation that a green set will happen, even though we know it will.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3625
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Kibble wrote:Hell, I don't think there has actually been official confirmation that a green set will happen, even though we know it will.


Mkall wrote:An email the staff got from BBTS says that the green one is on its way and will be announced "soon" so it's coming,...


What'd be the benefit of BBTS letting people know this if it wasn't true? They're only talking themselves out of sales of the yellow set for those people who would prefer a green set.

Personally I really like the looks of this set. I'm tempted to get it as I'd like to customise it into the RiD Build Team, but I don't trust my skills on a set this expensive.

My only real concern is a serious lack of posability in the shoulders.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby originaljk555 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Weapon: Laser Pistol
Encline designs did a quick prototype reveal/review and the shoulders have plenty of articulation. The joints extend out and allow you to move them more or you can leave them in for a more hefty chunky look.
Image
Find and Like Me on Facebook
User avatar
originaljk555
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 am
Location: Florissant, MO
Watch originaljk555 on YouTube
Buy from originaljk555 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
I suppose I should have specified, by 'official', I meant announced to the public...but regardless, I wasn't inquiring about whether the green version was really happening or not as we all know it is, the question was around the supposed gift set release.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3625
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sodan-1 wrote:
Kibble wrote:Hell, I don't think there has actually been official confirmation that a green set will happen, even though we know it will.


Mkall wrote:An email the staff got from BBTS says that the green one is on its way and will be announced "soon" so it's coming,...


What'd be the benefit of BBTS letting people know this if it wasn't true? They're only talking themselves out of sales of the yellow set for those people who would prefer a green set.

Personally I really like the looks of this set. I'm tempted to get it as I'd like to customise it into the RiD Build Team, but I don't trust my skills on a set this expensive.

My only real concern is a serious lack of posability in the shoulders.

I think I poorly explained. By "green set" I meant that 6 green repaints of the Giant figures would be sold. Whether or not they were all sold together or seperatly in groups has yet to be stated clearly.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14032
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Mkall wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
Kibble wrote:Hell, I don't think there has actually been official confirmation that a green set will happen, even though we know it will.


Mkall wrote:An email the staff got from BBTS says that the green one is on its way and will be announced "soon" so it's coming,...


What'd be the benefit of BBTS letting people know this if it wasn't true? They're only talking themselves out of sales of the yellow set for those people who would prefer a green set.

Personally I really like the looks of this set. I'm tempted to get it as I'd like to customise it into the RiD Build Team, but I don't trust my skills on a set this expensive.

My only real concern is a serious lack of posability in the shoulders.

I think I poorly explained. By "green set" I meant that 6 green repaints of the Giant figures would be sold. Whether or not they were all sold together or seperatly in groups has yet to be stated clearly.


Wow, I'm sorry then. I've been spouting off about it being all 6 in green in one box. This has been the noise that's been happening for a long while now. I'd assumed it had been officially revealed somewhere. Did we just internet rumour the hell out of it?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4696
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Before we even saw color pics of Giants prototype, Maketoys said 3 yellow two packs and 1 green boxset. The estimated date for the green box was June-July which fits perfectly with the final release of the yellow set on BBTS being May.
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3027
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
zodconvoy wrote:Before we even saw color pics of Giants prototype, Maketoys said 3 yellow two packs and 1 green boxset. The estimated date for the green box was June-July which fits perfectly with the final release of the yellow set on BBTS being May.


I don't believe that ever came from Maketoys in any official capacity...that may have been their intent at one point, but the latest musings I've heard is that they'd be released in pairs again.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3625
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
craggy wrote:Wow, I'm sorry then. I've been spouting off about it being all 6 in green in one box. This has been the noise that's been happening for a long while now. I'd assumed it had been officially revealed somewhere. Did we just internet rumour the hell out of it?

Wouldn't be the first time I've started an Internet rumour...
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14032
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
originaljk555 wrote:Encline designs did a quick prototype reveal/review and the shoulders have plenty of articulation. The joints extend out and allow you to move them more or you can leave them in for a more hefty chunky look.


Do you mean the video he made in a hotel room after one of the toy shows? I don't remember that showing any significant mobility in the shoulders. The worries I'm having is that Giant won't be able to raise his arms out to his sides. Bulldozer's and Excavator's treads will impact on Hook before it gets anywhere near and I don't think the shoulder connectors are long enough to allow the arms to come out far enough to bypass that issue.

On the topic of the supposed extra accessories that were meant to be left out of the green version, I reckon MakeToys were just making noise. Aren't the only accessories that come with the yellow figures weapons and Giant's forearms? Imagine the backlash if they were absent on the green figures.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order

Postby originaljk555 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Weapon: Laser Pistol
Yes I was referring to the one he made in the hotel room. He does show that if you pull outward on the shoulders they extend out to get more posability from his shoulder joints. Also, hercules has the same problem on his left side with outward posibility on the arm. So either version has the inability to work around that crane. Doesn't matter much to me as I will be grabbing this one instead of hercules anyway.
Image
Find and Like Me on Facebook
User avatar
originaljk555
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 am
Location: Florissant, MO
Watch originaljk555 on YouTube
Buy from originaljk555 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014