This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Signs Multi-Year Deal With Netflix to Stream Transformers and Other Hub Programming

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Hasbro Signs Multi-Year Deal With Netflix to Stream Transformers and Other Hub Programming

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Hasbro has signed a multi-year deal to instantly stream content including Transformers and other programs via Netflix.

Transformers Prime is available now along with My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, G.I. Joe: Renegades and The Adventures of Chuck & Friends.

Later on in 2012 Transformers: Generation 1, Beast Wars and Rescue Bots will be available.

The press release from Business Wire can be read below.

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro Studios, the Los Angeles-based television production and distribution division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), today announced a multi-year deal with Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX). Ten highly popular franchises, including new and catalog seasons of famed Hasbro content, will be available to instantly watch on Netflix.

“This deal allows us to offer even more great kids’ programming to our members, both adults and kids alike, including new seasons of My Little Pony, Transformers Prime, and Pound Puppies after the season finale airs on The Hub.”
Transformers Prime, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, G.I. Joe: Renegades and The Adventures of Chuck & Friends are now available to instantly watch on Netflix. JEM & The Holograms, Transformers: Generation 1, G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes, Transformers: Beast Wars and Transformers: Rescue Bots will follow later in 2012.

The Hasbro content will be available on Netflix and included in the Netflix “Just For Kids” section. Netflix “Just For Kids” is a collection of TV shows and movies that is specifically selected for children 12 and under, making it easier and more fun for kids and families to browse and instantly watch a large selection of kid-friendly TV shows and movies within Netflix.

"We are very excited to be working with Hasbro Studios," said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Content Acquisition at Netflix. "This deal allows us to offer even more great kids’ programming to our members, both adults and kids alike, including new seasons of My Little Pony, Transformers Prime, and Pound Puppies after the season finale airs on The Hub."

“We are pleased that consumers will now be able to watch our award-winning programming on Netflix, the leading internet subscription service,” Hasbro Studios President Stephen Davis said. “We are making our content easy to access, anytime, anywhere and on all platforms where audiences are consuming content and this is a big step forward with our all screen strategy.”

About Netflix

With more than 23 million streaming members in the United States, Canada, Latin America, the United Kingdom and Ireland, Netflix, Inc. [NASDAQ: NFLX] is the world's leading internet subscription service for enjoying movies and TV programs. For about US$7.99 a month, Netflix members can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV programs streamed over the internet to PCs, Macs and TVs. Among the large and expanding base of devices streaming from Netflix are the Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Sony PS3 consoles; an array of Blu-ray disc players, internet-connected TVs, home theatre systems, digital video recorders and internet video players; Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and Google TV. In all, more than 700 devices that stream from Netflix are available. For additional information, visit http://www.netflix.com. Follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.

About Hasbro Studios

Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based television production division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). The studio develops and produces shows based on Hasbro’s world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and SCRABBLE. Many of these shows air on The Hub, a television network for kids and their families. Studio programming can also be seen in more than 160 countries globally. The Hub is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK).

HAS-S

Contacts

Hasbro, Inc.
News Media
Julie Duffy, 401-727-5931
or
Investors
Debbie Hancock, 401-727-5456
or
Netflix Inc.
Nada Antoun, 408-348-1239
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Hasbro Signs Multi-Year Deal With Netflix to Stream Transformers and Other Hub Programming

Postby It Is Him » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Is it weird I'm most excited about Pound Puppies? Not even kidding.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Re: Hasbro Signs Multi-Year Deal With Netflix to Stream Transformers and Other Hub Programming

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
YESSSS!!!

Now people can FINALLY see Rescue Bots more widely released than it has been! 8)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
took em long enough
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Nice! I almost got really excited until I realized Netflix Canada doesn't have half the content the US does.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby King Slick » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
BEAST WARS! ALL RIGHT! *lets out a roar*

I have all of G1 on DVD including the movie, so that's all good all the same. Watching Prime know, (well, not at this moment. Mother unit is currently watching Murder, She Wrote)

Also excited to see classic G.I. Joe (pre-DIC/direct market movie) as well.

Dabbled a bit into the new G.I. Joe...love the diffrent angle, and clairfying the origins of Snake Eyes for those of us not familer with the comic timelines and if I ever get my claws on who ever added My Little Pony to the Quere.... :-x :BOOM: :michaelbay:
Big trouble in a small package.
King Slick
Minibot
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Fistful of Energon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:30 am

AWESOME!

I dont have cable but I do rock the netflix...this is great news
Fistful of Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
This will definitely help get TF: Prime out there to those who don't have The Hub in the US. 8)
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Delicon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:31 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
This will actually save me money as we don't get The Hub and I've dropped some dough buying DVD's to catch up.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm gutted. I signed up to Netflix just to watch Transformers PRIME only to discover PRIME isn't available in my region. It's daft. I'd have thought digital distribution would have made it easier to make content available to everyone.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Omega1975 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Why is it not available in Canada? I was so excited. I see hope though since Dark of the Moon is on now. Please add these to Canada. We love Hasbro! :BOT:
Omega1975
Mini-Con

Postby Random » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:10 am

Any word on whether they are going to bring Beast machines out on Netflix?
Random
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM342 4A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 2RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 220622A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240210D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1023IM388 3D (CA) Bergara"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #63 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 231010I"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22B APR200730 (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0923IM460 2E (CA) Reilly (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON