Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Blurrz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
breakdown99 wrote:Henkei Wildrider, I'll sell it to you for $600 with free shipping! Not quite 600% but 200% isn't chump change either ;) can your Bonds do that?


Still hit and miss.

Toys like Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen and Gentei Strafe were big flops and they were in the same category.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11526
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Blurrz wrote: Pinpoint isn't the greatest PCC micron either.


It's accurate to the United comic from Generations 2011, though:

Image
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1618
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Stormrider » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Blurrz wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Henkei Wildrider, I'll sell it to you for $600 with free shipping! Not quite 600% but 200% isn't chump change either ;) can your Bonds do that?


Still hit and miss.

Toys like Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen and Gentei Strafe were big flops and they were in the same category.


I think there are certain ones that are predictable hits and flops. Making Strafe out of Cyclonus is a recipe for a flop.

On the other hand making Artfire from a Hybrid of Inferno and Grapple AND give him show accurate colors AND give him two target masters AND release him on the heals of his friend Stepper AND release him as an exclusive again (with his only other release being a sought after Japan exclusive) and presto - Instant success
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8568
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Art.....who? Just kidding. I'm somewhat aware of who he is but could never in a million years even come close to caring at all about this release.

Hot Spot is more interesting to me. Mostly because i know who he is, i like the colour scheme, has done something of relevence in the TF universe and he actually has a bio.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Godmaster
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Stormrider wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Henkei Wildrider, I'll sell it to you for $600 with free shipping! Not quite 600% but 200% isn't chump change either ;) can your Bonds do that?


Still hit and miss.

Toys like Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen and Gentei Strafe were big flops and they were in the same category.


I think there are certain ones that are predictable hits and flops. Making Strafe out of Cyclonus is a recipe for a flop.

On the other hand making Artfire from a Hybrid of Inferno and Grapple AND give him show accurate colors AND give him two target masters AND release him on the heals of his friend Stepper AND release him as an exclusive again (with his only other release being a sought after Japan exclusive) and presto - Instant success


Would you consider Tokyo Toy Show United Darkside WFC prime/megs a fail or a win? Personally, I think it's a win, with it having badass colour schemes. It goes for around $80 here, and it's pretty common, with it being more common than Dreadwing/Smokescreen... hmmm.... :-?
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1844
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Stormrider » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Henkei Wildrider, I'll sell it to you for $600 with free shipping! Not quite 600% but 200% isn't chump change either ;) can your Bonds do that?


Still hit and miss.

Toys like Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen and Gentei Strafe were big flops and they were in the same category.


I think there are certain ones that are predictable hits and flops. Making Strafe out of Cyclonus is a recipe for a flop.

On the other hand making Artfire from a Hybrid of Inferno and Grapple AND give him show accurate colors AND give him two target masters AND release him on the heals of his friend Stepper AND release him as an exclusive again (with his only other release being a sought after Japan exclusive) and presto - Instant success


Would you consider Tokyo Toy Show United Darkside WFC prime/megs a fail or a win? Personally, I think it's a win, with it having badass colour schemes. It goes for around $80 here, and it's pretty common, with it being more common than Dreadwing/Smokescreen... hmmm.... :-?


I would consider the United Dkside Set in between. (But perhaps other people have other different opinions). The one thing United Darkside Prime and Megs have going for them is that they are black, but the color also goes against them because they weren't black in the game. Megatron was dark but not that black. Black used to be the cool color way back when Takara and Hasbro released the first black Convoy. But it tends to get over done now, and they release black figures it seems like 2 or 3 times each year, which is why these figures haven't taken off in price (in my opinion).
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8568
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Blurrz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yeah, black figures just aren't hitting it well as of late. MP-9B didn't get much love from too many people.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11526
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 am

Motto: "Bragging is the right of all awesome beings!"
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Blurrz wrote:
breakdown99 wrote:Henkei Wildrider, I'll sell it to you for $600 with free shipping! Not quite 600% but 200% isn't chump change either ;) can your Bonds do that?


Still hit and miss.

Toys like Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen and Gentei Strafe were big flops and they were in the same category.



Where's the "miss" again?
Robot and vehicle modes are fantastic, and it's worth 2-3 times (depending on what seller you deal with) of what it was when it came out.
Wanted:
Both of the McDonalds Prime Breakdown Happy Meal Toys (sealed only)
Breakdown 2099
Combiner
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:00 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:04 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Stormrider wrote:
I would consider the United Dkside Set in between. (But perhaps other people have other different opinions). The one thing United Darkside Prime and Megs have going for them is that they are black, but the color also goes against them because they weren't black in the game. Megatron was dark but not that black. Black used to be the cool color way back when Takara and Hasbro released the first black Convoy. But it tends to get over done now, and they release black figures it seems like 2 or 3 times each year, which is why these figures haven't taken off in price (in my opinion).
Blurrz wrote:Yeah, black figures just aren't hitting it well as of late. MP-9B didn't get much love from too many people.


Haters gotta' hate. Black is still the bees knees.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16137
News Credits: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Blurrz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
breakdown99 wrote:Where's the "miss" again?
Robot and vehicle modes are fantastic, and it's worth 2-3 times (depending on what seller you deal with) of what it was when it came out.


Both were running at less than 1/2 the price for a very long time at select retailers.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11526
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Stormrider » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
I would consider the United Dkside Set in between. (But perhaps other people have other different opinions). The one thing United Darkside Prime and Megs have going for them is that they are black, but the color also goes against them because they weren't black in the game. Megatron was dark but not that black. Black used to be the cool color way back when Takara and Hasbro released the first black Convoy. But it tends to get over done now, and they release black figures it seems like 2 or 3 times each year, which is why these figures haven't taken off in price (in my opinion).
Blurrz wrote:Yeah, black figures just aren't hitting it well as of late. MP-9B didn't get much love from too many people.


Haters gotta' hate. Black is still the bees knees.


I don't hate black figures and United Black Convoy looks sleek. But if you're expecting it to skyrocket in price - probably not right away.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8568
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Million Publishing LTD Generations Book Exclusive Artfire REVEALED!

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I don't expect any of my figures to skyrocket in price. These aren't stocks and bonds.


Now it's true once things disappear from the market, they tend to be more expensive due to a possibly increased demand for less available of items, but that requires them to disappear from the market first, and BBTS is still sitting on reduced price stock of the black WFC figs.

I guess I never expect ANY black figure to have a fantastic increase in value. When they do, it is a surprise, but again, to me the value is not in the price, but in the color choice, and molds.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16137
News Credits: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014