New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:If you guys think Airachnid got the short end of the stick in her toy form, it gets worse for her Japanese portrayal.
n the Japanese dub of Prime, Airachnid's personality is completely different from her US interpretation. In the dub, she is a bubbly, giggling, high-strung chatterbox that is obsessed with collecting handsome boys as trophies. Played up as something of a female Pepe Le Pew, she constantly swoons over Jack, calling him her "hunk", her "darling", her "cutie Jack-chan" and various other lovey-dovey remarks as she amorously pursues him (even going so far as to sing love songs to him, mid-chase). While her sadistic qualities remain, she's played more like a creepy stalker girl than a vicious monster.
:BANG_HEAD:


She's Yandere?
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15684
News Credits: 71
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby gavinfuzzy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If you guys think Airachnid got the short end of the stick in her toy form, it gets worse for her Japanese portrayal.
n the Japanese dub of Prime, Airachnid's personality is completely different from her US interpretation. In the dub, she is a bubbly, giggling, high-strung chatterbox that is obsessed with collecting handsome boys as trophies. Played up as something of a female Pepe Le Pew, she constantly swoons over Jack, calling him her "hunk", her "darling", her "cutie Jack-chan" and various other lovey-dovey remarks as she amorously pursues him (even going so far as to sing love songs to him, mid-chase). While her sadistic qualities remain, she's played more like a creepy stalker girl than a vicious monster.
:BANG_HEAD:


She's Yandere?


Is TFP completely reanimated in Japan? Or just redubbed?
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1864
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If you guys think Airachnid got the short end of the stick in her toy form, it gets worse for her Japanese portrayal.
n the Japanese dub of Prime, Airachnid's personality is completely different from her US interpretation. In the dub, she is a bubbly, giggling, high-strung chatterbox that is obsessed with collecting handsome boys as trophies. Played up as something of a female Pepe Le Pew, she constantly swoons over Jack, calling him her "hunk", her "darling", her "cutie Jack-chan" and various other lovey-dovey remarks as she amorously pursues him (even going so far as to sing love songs to him, mid-chase). While her sadistic qualities remain, she's played more like a creepy stalker girl than a vicious monster.
:BANG_HEAD:


She's Yandere?


Is TFP completely reanimated in Japan? Or just redubbed?


Redubbed.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17246
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Airachnid is way too small. Nice chopper, but the robot mode is pathetic.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3835
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby funklizard » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Motto: "Livin' the funk."
Weapon: Stereophonic Sonic Blaster
I snagged Airachnid today at Target. Yes, the figure kind of sucks. But it is Airachnid; and probably the only one we're going to get. I'll be skipping the rest of this wave, though. Dead End and Yet Another Bumblebee aren't bad repaints; but they're not especially compelling, either.

Target's joined TRU in gouging on these figures. New price for Deluxes is $14.99; $24.99 for Voyagers. Ouch. If Airachnid weren't just one per case, I'd have waited to find her at Walmart.

(At this rate, Walmart's prices may be going up, too.)
User avatar
funklizard
Fuzor
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:06 am
Buy from funklizard on eBay

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Postby necr0blivion » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:33 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
funklizard wrote:I snagged Airachnid today at Target. Yes, the figure kind of sucks. But it is Airachnid; and probably the only one we're going to get. I'll be skipping the rest of this wave, though. Dead End and Yet Another Bumblebee aren't bad repaints; but they're not especially compelling, either.

Target's joined TRU in gouging on these figures. New price for Deluxes is $14.99; $24.99 for Voyagers. Ouch. If Airachnid weren't just one per case, I'd have waited to find her at Walmart.

(At this rate, Walmart's prices may be going up, too.)


I was also at Target a few days ago. While I didn't notice the price change to TFs, I did notice that the G.I. Joes and Marvel Universe figures were now $9.99. Which seems ridiculous, because at least the MU figures were sitting there for awhile at $7.99 - 8.49ea, increasing the price is going to get them to move faster?

Anyways, not sure if this will be indicative of the price points for the foreseeable future, but worth noting that it's not just TFs.
Image
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Posts: 2042
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 1989 RARE ACTION MASTERS WHEELJACK TURBO RACER + CATALOG NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 35 minutes 25 seconds
1996 Transformers Machine Wars Evil Decepticon Starscream Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 36 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Bumblebee Stinger Reversible Muscle Costume 10-12 L New AOE - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 52 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Salvage Garbage Truck Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 25 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Supreme Class Decepticon Starscream  Incomplete - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 13 minutes 4 seconds
G1 Transformers autobot WEAPONS PARTS LOT #111 Mirage Sunstreaker Sideswipe - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 43 minutes 1 second
Hasbro Skywarp Transformers Universe Masterpiece Exclusive Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 17 minutes 32 seconds
2004 Cybertron OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Galaxy Force - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016