Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Azrail wrote:Here's a selection of comparison pictures for you. 8)
Essentially Breakdown is a slightly larger deluxe almost. A Deluxe will reach the top of his chest but he's wide. Good scale with Megatron but a lot shorter for a Voyager size.
It's getting hard to get all the Decepticons in 1 group shot now!

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg


Thanks a bunch. Those are some awesome pics! I can't wait to get Breakdown in my hands :D
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5801
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.


The light up MechTech weapons Powerizers in the U.S are given were never given to the Takara's release of the figures. Hence the reason why we call all Japanese Prime figures AM-#; it stands for Arms Micron.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5801
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Ordered this guy from TFSource. They've yet to ship. =\
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9497
News Credits: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrimeStriker wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:It just occurred to me that the so-called "weaponizer" gimmicks seem to have been gutted from Breakdown's toy--or has it? He does have clear plastic on his abs, but the review doesn't mention any light up gimmick of any kind.

NOT that I'm complaining.

So, have the light up stuff been taken out in Takara version and replaced by arms micron model kits? Just curious is all.


The light up MechTech weapons Powerizers in the U.S are given were never given to the Takara's release of the figures. Hence the reason why we call all Japanese Prime figures AM-#; it stands for Arms Micron.


Thanks for the info. That's great news for me. I'd take arms microns to light-up gimmicks any day.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara AM-12 Breakdown Review & Comparison Pics

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Breakdown looks great. He may very well be my favorite Robots in Disguise release yet.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2892
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 pm
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Beast Wars 1997 INFERNO Fire Ant action figure complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 50 minutes 10 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RAMJET DELUXE CLASSIC DECEPTICON NEW RARE UNIVERSE HASBRO - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 50 minutes 25 seconds
Stockade Action Figure Transformers/Decepticon/Dreamworks/Hasbro 2007 - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 21 minutes 1 second
Transformers Beast Wars 1996 DINOBOT action figure incomplete missing mutant hea - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 53 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars 1997 GRIMLOCK action figure incomplete missing sword - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 1 minute 28 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP 02 Soundwave Decepticon Rumble Cassette Figure TRU - Time Remaining: 9 days 21 hours 48 minutes 34 seconds
HOT SHOT Transformers Age Extinction Generations Movie Deluxe Dinobot AOE 2014 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 19 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron SOUNDBLASTER Figure Hasbro NIB - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 19 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test